PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again....Frightprops

Grimley
04-21-2011, 04:04 PM
So I placed an order at Transworld with Fright Props for one of those bang sticks and a fog machine. I asked when he could get them to me as I need them for a special event. He said both are in stock and he could ship them right after the show is over. Sounded great. I wait a month and no word. I call back and he asks if he can wait to ship the bang stick later as he has a limited quantity. I said I really need one for the event on April 24th. He said no problem I will get you one on time for your event. I call today not having heard from them in a while and he tells me he can not fill the order. He said that he has other tradeshows to attend and he has to bring them as inventory. Am I just crazy or does this sound like a big pile of crap. So I could go to another tradeshow, show up and buy the one I already paid for before someone else gets it. And thanks Frightprops for the great customer service calling me letting me know that you could not fill the order. You could have at least done that so I could have planned something else.

Another one bites the dust
RIP Fright Props as we can no longer do business.

Its too early for this nonsense.

graystone
04-21-2011, 04:54 PM
Are you sure you heard that right? Let me see if this is right.

1. You bought and paid for product at TransWorld.
2. You said you told him you needed it ASAP.
3. He said he has them in stock and would ship on return from show.
4. He reconfirmed that he would send the product.
5. Now he says he needs your product to sell to someone else at another trade show?

PLEASE TELL ME I MISUNDERSTOOD OR YOU HAVE!!! THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL THIS CAN BE CORRECT! Shane and it's keep us posted and make this clear to me! Shane

Also contact Bob at Pure Terror I think he can help you out I am pretty sure he has them on hand!

Spookyant
04-21-2011, 05:40 PM
Oh no! I was just about to place a huge order with them. :sad: I Hope things get straighten out.

screamforadream
04-21-2011, 06:05 PM
Grimley, this can't fix your situation.

But for Spookyant, call the number for www.hauntedprops.com, I know they are carrying some products from Fright Props that are in stock, if you call them before you order you'll know for sure. They have pretty fair prices and the owner has been good with communication and helping us out for our Relay for Life attraction. If they have it in-stock he'll ship it that day and send you a tracking number. That site has been very useful for last minute "oh crap! I forgot to get..." moments.

Sorry to hear this is happening so early, that excuse sounds insane if I understand it the same way Shane seems to have....hopefully there's some miscommunication going on. Keeping my fingers crossed for you Grimley!

Grimley
04-21-2011, 08:31 PM
No I did not embellish or add to the story for Drama sake.
1.Placed order at the show with all CC info said he had them in stock and would ship as soon as they got back.
2.Called to inquire a month later. Said they would meet deadline for event.
3 Still waiting called 3 days before it was due and he said he has to have inventory to bring to the next convention so he could not ship it.

And yes this will help me resolve issues as I want to display the bad behavior of vendors.

Now I give them one chance and one chance only and they are out.
No more fright props.
Out, out, out

How the hell do you not ship an item to sell it to someone else at another show.

Mad Wax Sculptor
04-21-2011, 09:07 PM
that sucks I have all ways liked their stuff and hate to see them added to the list of rip off artists in the industry.

graystone
04-21-2011, 09:29 PM
Unacceptable! Shane and it's you are doing the right thing! Shane

Allen H
04-21-2011, 09:42 PM
That sucks,
on the other side of the coin I ordered from their web site two weeks ago and it arrived a few days ago. three propmotors and power supplies and a talking skull.
Shame to hear that you are having issues.
Allen H

Nightgore
04-21-2011, 09:51 PM
You should get a hold of Rodney at Nightscream Studios...he carries these sticks too. But be warned, most vendors buy from the same supplier in China, and that supplier is NOT shipping anything until JUNE or JULY!!

As for Frightprops...we've recently put in a few orders (within the last week and a half) and have gotten the orders just a few days later! I think they have EXCELLENT service!

Sorry to hear this happened! -Tyler

HauntedPaws
04-21-2011, 09:57 PM
Call and tell him you want a refund or an inconvenience discount? He can't hold you money and not deliver.

Grimley
04-21-2011, 10:53 PM
The order was canceled. That was the last thing I told them. Need to check if I was charged yet.

Haunt Bob
04-21-2011, 11:42 PM
Please contact me and i will be happy to overnight you the crackers so you have them for your event on 4/24..... I'm the only us & canadaian direct supplier for these products. This is why is i everything in stock now andeverything is sold at our pureterror products booth was cash and carry at transworld because we really do stock everything we sell.

The only reason any other sellers wouldn't have a shipment till june or july is because they ordered after transworld.

I have a full stock of product.

You can also reach us at 845-391-0071 or email info@pureterror.com and we will be happy to help you....

Thanks,
bob nordquist
pureterror products

graystone
04-22-2011, 08:01 AM
Please contact me and i will be happy to overnight you the crackers so you have them for your event on 4/24..... I'm the only us & canadaian direct supplier for these products. This is why is i everything in stock now andeverything is sold at our pureterror products booth was cash and carry at transworld because we really do stock everything we sell.

The only reason any other sellers wouldn't have a shipment till june or july is because they ordered after transworld.

I have a full stock of product.

You can also reach us at 845-391-0071 or email info@pureterror.com and we will be happy to help you....

Thanks,
bob nordquist
pureterror products

Call him he will hook you up and you want find a better price anywhere!!!!!!!!!! Shane and it's call da man! Shane

dr0zombie
04-22-2011, 11:01 AM
I would like to give some praise to the pureterror products guys. I got what I ordered from them at transworld, and true to his word he shipped it for free. They were the first vendor to get me a product.

FrightProps
04-22-2011, 12:12 PM
Hi,

I feel the need (obviously) to chime in here. I'm not here to make excuses. This is a very unfortunate and regrettable situation which we have apologized profusely for to the customer and which I would like to again apologize for here. We should have contacted him much sooner to let him know we would not be able to fulfill his order in time.

Yes, we made the sale to this customer at the show. We took credit card information for it at the show. We have not charged the credit card for this order. Let me be clear... WE DO NOT CHARGE CREDIT CARDS UNTIL THE DAY AN ORDER SHIPS. That has always been our policy.

Now as to the exact situation with this product:

- We sold way more than expected at the show. We had a lot of stock before the show. We have shipped 90% of those we sold in the order they were taken (first in first out). There are still a ton to ship.

- We had expected to be able to get this product out even after stock ran out because we have had a container load sitting in US Customs since before the show. They have since cleared customs (just today actuctually) and we will be shipping all remaining orders on Tuesday. As a side note, we have plenty of FLASH Crackers in stock and all of those orders have long since been shipped. We were just waiting on the POW Sticks.

- We have one remaining POW Sitck in house. It was the first unit we received from the manufacuter and was stress tested for hours. This unit will never be sold to a customer and is strictly for demo purposes. We will be using it as a demo unit for upcoming trade shows.

Just to be extra clear, this customerís credit card (and any others that are still waiting on orders) have not been charged and the unit was not held back to sell to other customers at our upcoming trade shows. This was simply a case of overestimating our inventory and bad communication on our part.

I would like to personally apologize again to Grimley for the confusion and the mishandling of his order on our end. Hopefully in the future we can restore your faith in our company.

Thank you,

Doug.

Doug Anderson | FrightProps LLC | P:866-279-2687 | F: 800-974-4596
DougFrightProps.com| www.FrightProps.com | x101: 727-474-0290

FablesStudios
04-22-2011, 12:23 PM
Doug,

I donít mean to butt in but can you send me an update on the two talking skulls I ordered from Transworld. I know the check was cashed, just looking to see when they will ship or if they have shipped do you have the tracking number?

Petertomeczko@att.net

Thank you for your assistance, have a nice weekend!!

Peter T
FS

FrightProps
04-22-2011, 12:31 PM
Hi Peter, you did not place an order with us for talking skulls. That would have been with Fright Ideas. Please contact them @ 905-803-9274. Their number and web site is also on your Fright Ideas invoice from the show.

Doug.

FablesStudios
04-22-2011, 12:33 PM
You are 100% correct.. My apologies!

I got my head up my A$$ today!

Thanks!

Peter T
FS

freak 'n' stein
04-22-2011, 01:00 PM
crappy situation...Fright Props has ALWAYS been great to us. Fast & Efficient.

chuck weber
04-22-2011, 02:19 PM
since you are in Hawaii, there will be even MORE excuses on your missing orders from lousy ripoff vendors. they will have an extra CRUTCH for an excuse and say that "Well, you're all the way in Hawaii" "anything could have happened" (whatever) beware!!!! try to buy LOCAL. read all the posts here.... there are alot of ripoffs selling halloween supplies!!! search out the good ones, because there are many great ones who give great customer service and quality goods and good prices. good luck !!!

TheMonsterMaze
04-22-2011, 02:37 PM
Or you could bring a ton of cash to the National Haunters Convention and buy tons of stuff off the show floor and simply carry it home... :-)

poison
04-22-2011, 09:39 PM
FrightProps has been nothing but the best in costumer service and quality products.
I order from them through out the year and they ALWAYS deliver in a timely manner.
FRIGHT PROPS gets HUGE thumbs up from me!:D

drfrightner
04-23-2011, 08:49 AM
Those boom sticks or whatever they are called are made in China, we actually found them first along with some other things like firecrackers, popping whatever now used by another vendor friend of ours... we got a job and needed to make something like this happen so we found a vendor in China. Apparently the deal is that they banned fireworks in certain parts of China so they made this whole line of stuff as replacements so people in China could buy to celebrate say China New Year or whatever. Additionally now they sell machine guns, now sold by some vendors in the haunt industry to basically everything between...

I think the actual cost of the stick itself is like $20 per stick or something cheap like that... a whole bunch of you could go in and buy a whole shipment of them you could get like 10 for the price of one that is how cheap they really are and they sell other cool things. I could post the contact info or link to their website if someone is interested.

We never thought to sell these to haunt owners, kudos to Digital Sound and Lighting on that one.

Bottom line is... these things are cheap and if you are willing to order an entire shippment you can get them for next to nothing along with firecrackers, popping things, you name it.

I will say however that in lies the issue all these guys are getting them from China so they have to wait on them... if you are out you have to wait for more, that might be why some people can't ship right away. As for Fright Props they have never answered their phones anytime I've ever called ... I am not sure they really do answer their phone. I think these days email is actually the best way to do anything to be honest because you have everything in writting.

I know some people prefer to talk to someone and get answers. Scarefactory was ripped up and down the flag pole for this and NOW they have multiple people answer phones. Everytime you call Scarefactory someone answers the phones. They might answer their phones now I don't know because we dont' order anything at all from them so we dont' call them really so on the flip side we haven't been trying to call them for a long time but when we did try to call them they hardly if ever answered their phones. I do know Doug gets emails and I know when someone calls me about an order by phone I always tell them the same thing... can you email that to me! Personally I think if you prefer to only get emails about orders you should state that on your website maybe... I know I prefer emails only.

To be honest its just better... everything is in writting, you can email what you ordered, how you paid, your shipping address, and you can get an email back in writting telling you status and when you will get it. When they dont' follow through then you have something in writting to back up your charge back with your credit card company. But Fright Props wouldn't be in business this long if he didn't ship orders so I'm sure its just an oversight and I wouldn't panic. I'm sure he will get it to ya... if you open next week I'd be upset but if its September like me I wouldn't worry about it.

If you are going to take these types of orders pay someone to answer the phone and be done with it... there is no excuse for that. Scarefactory did it and do a great job doing it now... so maybe FP should invest some money into someone to answer phones. But as for why you probably don't get the things right away it comes from CHINA!

Larry

shawnc
04-23-2011, 06:21 PM
... a whole bunch of you could go in and buy a whole shipment of them you could get like 10 for the price of one that is how cheap they really are and they sell other cool things. I could post the contact info or link to their website if someone is interested.

Larry

There is a group buy going on over at Halloween Forum on these right now.