PDA

View Full Version : Alabama Hit

graystone
04-27-2011, 06:03 PM
Just giving everyone a yell! I cannot respond to cell phone or text. Alabama had a major out break of Tornados the area where Disturbia is was hit to. I cannot get through to see if the haunt was hit. 90% of North Alabama is without Power. I know Birmingham has been hit too where Atrox is but can't get through to Paul last contact I had he was getting hit hard too. Arx Mortis was flooded to a point as I talked to Vinny around 1 it was minor flooding in the Q-Line area. Many dead here and all of the TV Stations are running on backup. It's been a bad day were used to them but not 30 on the ground at the same time. I seen a house house that was blown into the river a town not far from me is completly gone. I am sure you will all see it all on the national news. I seen a billboard that was made of steel that was shot through the highway that looked like a fence in the middle of the road! Insane hard to get reports due to no power!!! This is my only contact now! Shane and it's I will post more! Shane

damon carson
04-27-2011, 06:28 PM
Hope everything is okay! I read on F.B where Devon said the weather was pretty bad there. Our prayers are with you! Keep us posted.
Damon

graystone
04-27-2011, 06:59 PM
Right now over 1,000.000 homes are without power! Shane and it's I can't even get through to Devon! Shane

Dman
04-27-2011, 07:09 PM
Sending prayers from the Northeast, hope everyone is safe and healthy. I also hope everyone
there is spared damage to their homes and haunts. This sucks, its not bad enough we have
to deal with all the "normal" problems of owning and running a haunt, now add tornados. Your
in our thoughts and prayers...

Be well

Dan Augusto
Owner Tombstone Productions

NightmareOnYourStreet
04-27-2011, 07:25 PM
leeds was south of the major storm i believe. so atrox shouldve been alright unless they got part of the other storms bad.
sloss fright furnace was right in the middle of it all but i havent heard anything from the guys there.
Hope everything at disturbia is alright!

These storms were CRAZY. our house was shaking from the thunder alone and the major storm passed about 3 miles from here. some MAJOR damage to some other cities. im sure the rest of you guys will see it on the national news like shane said. just from looking at the pictures its not pretty.

jakprintsHAUNT
04-27-2011, 07:31 PM
Shane,

Be safe and hope everything is alright. We had some crazy winds today, but thankfully no tornadoes. I know how scary that can all be. I drove through a minor one once...it was really scary and surreal, cant imagine multiple in the area. Hope all is well.

Mike "Pogo" Hach

shawnc
04-27-2011, 07:43 PM
Wow. I hope everyone and everything ends up being OK for all our haunting friends.

Darkangel
04-28-2011, 05:59 AM
Is it just me or does anyone else also notice that it seems like storms are becoming more and more intense lately? I know it's spring and all but like every storm coming through is producting damaging winds even tornados...

DA

graystone
04-28-2011, 07:30 AM
Dark I been saying that for a while yes they are! Well were up to over 200 dead. 3000 plus hurt. 1.3 million homes without power. I still can't get Paul at Atrox yet and still can't get through to check on Disturbia. Arx Mortix has some tin missing, minor flooding and some trees broke other than that they fine. Browns Ferry Necular Power Plant is about 15 miles from my home and it the largest in the world and it was taken out to a point. It's like Hurricane Katrina sad day for family, friends here. I will be out today and hopefully post some pictures. I will post a few from last night but could not get far so they are just flooding and trees. There was even a grave that caved in from the rain! Shane and it's more later. Shane

wickedfarmer
04-28-2011, 08:10 AM
These storms had perfect conditions. Major jet stream coming off gulf that started the spin when lows made contact with it. Michigan- I was almost done planting corn here last year. Have not had a tractor in the field yet this year. Did take the kids canoeing in a field though.

Wicked Farmer

graystone
04-28-2011, 08:23 AM
Of 0ver 30 yesterday! Shane just sad! Shane

5ohIVzIZLuQ

piercemanor
04-28-2011, 10:25 AM
Some close friends of mine are EMTs for the local hospital land they rode out to one of the hardest places hit. They found people completely twisted up, a few people had no head, and they found a woman who they thought was wrapped in rope... it was her intestines... this is a horrible thing that has happened, and I hope Disturbia and Atrox as well as the other alabama haunts are fine. Please keep in your prayers the families who lost their loved ones on yesterdays horrid events. And please rejoice for the ones who are still alive and be thankful for your own lives. be thankful you are not here. -Tristin

xxxdirk
04-28-2011, 10:32 AM
My thoughts and prayers go out to all in the area, especially to my haunter friends like Shane

HauntedPaws
04-28-2011, 10:55 AM
Is it just me or does anyone else also notice that it seems like storms are becoming more and more intense lately? I know it's spring and all but like every storm coming through is producting damaging winds even tornados...

DA

Mother Nature is mad at us. We didnt listen so it's on to phase 2

newhorror2010
04-28-2011, 11:35 AM
Just watching that on here was enough to freak me out a bit! I feel so sorry for everyone that had to go through that! There's more I want to say, but it would start a fued on here so I'll keep my remaining thoughts to myself! This is TOO devistating to watch!

iamscared2009
04-28-2011, 02:23 PM
wow that person was close in the video... Shane we are happy you and your family and everyone else are okay... hope your haunt is okay 2...

jay and yen

Darkangel
04-28-2011, 02:36 PM
Pierce Manor, are you serious about them finding people that messed up? Are these people that were swept up in the twister? Hard to imagine seeing something like that....

That was one of the most defined tornado I've seen video of, really scary stuff...

Darkangel
04-28-2011, 02:43 PM
They said it was was EF4, so that's 166-200 MPH winds, devastating....I'm surprised you couldn't see cards and parts of buildings flying around...

kpolley
04-28-2011, 02:55 PM
I just spkoe with Paul at Atrox. He said they're all fine and that they didn't get any damage. I really feel for those that did. I've lived my entire life in tornado alley and I've seen what tornadoes can do many times, but nothing quite like this. This is terrible. Our prayers are with those stuggling to deal with the damages and losses and especially with those who are grieving the loss of loved ones.

graystone
04-28-2011, 03:46 PM
Yes, Paul finally got through to me they got a few things missing at Atrox like trash cans, down limbs but the haunt is fine. His brother-n-laws house is destroyed. I am very used to tornados here but nothing like this. At 1PM on University Drive there was me and 3 cars the city is completly without power it's usually bumper to bumper. I have seen cows and horses dead in the tops of 50' trees. I heard a man crying saying" their gone my whole family is dead and I can't find them they were blown away". This is a major wakeup call for me. I so feel for everyone here!!!

There was roof damage to Disturbia but it could have been worse. Lots of rain came in and messed parts of the ceiling up the Haunt will be ok WOW I can't take much more from the thieft to this!!!! I am posting pictures of what I can and the bad stuff I can't get to. There is gas lines 3 miles long at what places have gas. Power will be atleast 1 week. Browns Feary Necular Plant took a direct hit. I seen a baby bed in the middle of the road. Guys this is a sad story here its like when Katrina hit LA. Shane and it's here is some pictures in place of words! Shane

graystone
04-28-2011, 03:52 PM
Ceiling of inside Disturbia. It was dark no power I think the haunt itself is in good shape! And this is in an unused area so that's good! Shane and it's a mess! Shane

graystone
04-28-2011, 03:56 PM

graystone
04-28-2011, 04:00 PM

screamforadream
04-28-2011, 04:00 PM
Oh no, I'm speechless...I can't imagine how that guy feels...

Thankfully your building didn't get too damaged. How are your animals?? I hope they are safe.

graystone
04-28-2011, 04:04 PM

graystone
04-28-2011, 04:08 PM

Haunted Farm
04-28-2011, 04:11 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you all! We had strong winds and storms here in Ohio but nothing compares to this. I am very thankful that you all are ok.

graystone
04-28-2011, 04:52 PM
My farm where the animals are is good nothing more than a downed tree. I have always kept the trees trimed for the reason of Tornados and not wanting trees to fall on the cat compounds and have big cats running around. My place in Huntsville I don't know as it's on Jeff road and it was hard hit and no one can get in. Shane and it's keeping my fingers crossed! Shane

Kelly Anderson
04-28-2011, 06:18 PM
ABSOLUTELY CRAZY seeing pictures and the video like that. Definately thinking about you guys.

graystone
04-28-2011, 07:41 PM
For some amazing and very sad photos go to my facebook page..... For a better scope from distruction to carring bodies out. Shane and it's amazing. Shane

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100001042104739

graystone
04-28-2011, 07:49 PM
Footage and death toll is up to 244. Shane and it's gonna get worse sadly. Shane

At the 1 minute mark this was the tornado that hit by Disturbia the TV station they are talking about is right next to the Haunt.

o7T7GYl0xvg

Fear Unfathomed
04-28-2011, 11:41 PM
Shane,

Reading this thread has almost put me in tears. To know what happened a few miles from me and to see how much worse it is there, makes my heart stop. This just can't be taken in. I am praying HARD for everyone. I don't know what else to do. But I am very thankful that you and as far as we know, everyone else is ok...hope that remains the case!

terrormasue
04-29-2011, 06:05 AM
Shane, Lauren, everyone we are praying hard here for those affected by this horrible devastation. I have seen tornados first hand and know the destruction but this it so total. I have never seen destruction like this so wide and so long. 210 dead in Alabama alone. There are no words... I have tried to get in touch with Cody and Kellie, no cell phone service. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers. Just so sad, so very sad.....Shane, Lauren so happy that you both are safe. I know St. Louis was hit hard also.

Love to all,
Sue

zombiphobe
04-29-2011, 07:33 AM
Praying for all affected...

graystone
04-29-2011, 01:12 PM
Trying to contact the Disturbia Crew to go and help feed people and animals. Shane and heres a few pics! Shane

drfrightner
04-29-2011, 01:35 PM
I heard the death toll was actually over 300 people. This is horrible... I don't think anyone was killed here in Missouri although the destruction was outragous. Wow this is just horrible. Larry

graystone
04-29-2011, 03:00 PM
I heard the death toll was actually over 300 people. This is horrible... I don't think anyone was killed here in Missouri although the destruction was outragous. Wow this is just horrible. Larry

You are correct the national media is not reporting all the deaths or are way behind due to lack of communication. The cornor has requested 250 more bodybags from the FBI. Shane and it's the things I have seen is just sickening! Shane

wickedfarmer
04-29-2011, 06:07 PM

DA

I waited a few days to reply to this; then decided against replying at all. But here I am. The jet stream coming off the gulf of Mexico was very intense. It will not budge. There is a larger than normal pool of COOL water in the eastern Pacific that stretches from Gulf of Alaskan to Mexico. LARGE pools of cool water can and did drive the jet stream. This is known as negative (cold) phase of the Pacific Decadal Oscillation. No it is not from ice cap melting.

As the spring /summer goes on the jet stream should shift north. This is what has caused the abnormally wet spring in midwest as well. It is not from man burning fossil fuels warming the earth or anything of the kind. The jet stream was CRANKIN from this gargantuan COOL pool pf water. The intense storms hit the jet stream and BAM...bad things happened. Everything lined up; and we got a "100 year storm". It happens...always has ...always will. This pattern is following similar to 1951,1956,1971,1996,and 2008. The year 2008 was the coldest summer on record for Michigan and much of midwest.

How the heck does a farmer know about this of all people? Well weather controls everything farmers do. About 20 years ago the only people who knew what La Nina and El Nino meant were farmers and meterologists.

This thread has been a sad one. If some die hard climate change follower wants to blast away at what I have posted....may I suggest you move it to another thread. You can title it "Dumb Farmer" and I will meet you there. I will NOT engage in a debate on this thread here.

Wicked Farmer

graystone
04-29-2011, 07:08 PM
Over 40 Tornados in Alabama alone there are all different! Shane and it's scary huh! Shane

graystone
04-29-2011, 07:14 PM
The one with the Space and Rocket Center is about 10 minutes from the haunt! Shane and it's increadable! Shane

damon carson
04-29-2011, 07:23 PM
Thats crazy! And extremely scary! Think I read its like the worst report of torandoes since 1932. Seen where the president was is Tuskaloosa today. Hopefully they will be able to help with this horrible disaster. I wish I was closer so I could help in someway. Its very, very sad!
Damon

elowther
04-29-2011, 08:31 PM
Thanks for keeping us informed Shane. I'm glad you and your family are ok. It is beyond words what happened there and our thoughts are with everyone affected. It really puts it into perspective the difference between real fear and what we try and do with our haunts. I can't imagine going through that, it has to be one of the most terrifying things on earth. I'm sure the photos can not even convey how bad it is down there with the death toll and total destruction.

Hang in there and keep us posted.

Eric

graystone
04-29-2011, 08:56 PM
Just letting everyone know just what all I am seeing! Shane and it's Dear God you have our attention. Shane

Fear Unfathomed
04-30-2011, 12:46 AM
I've heard from Cody and Kellie. I've heard from Josh. I've heard from Devon. Kip's heard from Paul. We've heard from Shane. All are alive and ok. Some are relocated due to no power. Some have minor damage, but considering the devastation, all are lucky and had God's hand on them. Who else do we need to track down???

wickedfarmer
04-30-2011, 08:55 AM
My town was hit with tornado in Oct. a few years ago. It was nothing like devastation in south now. But a few were killed (employees aunt & uncle) and it made national news. My brother delivers newspapers and was able to get down every street at 4 am to deliver papers mind you..but town was sealed off by sheriff as 'roads were impassable". hundreds of customers did not show up that year. "We thought you were wiped off the map". I lost a few twigs out of trees that year. Now last Sept I had a unconfirmed twister march across my farm for over a mile without touching down and NAILED my ticket booth dead on. Nobody knew a thing as we patched it up. Go figure.

When feasable put a notice on your websites that "tornado's will not affect your opening this year".

Wicked Farmer

MDKing
04-30-2011, 09:24 AM
Maryland got hit with it's worse Tornando in terms of strength from this storm, an EF5.

"Packing winds of more than 261 mph, the category F5 tornado - at the top of the scale that meteorologists use to measure intensity - leveled 80 buildings in and around La Plata and damaged 420 " luckily only three fatalities.

Check out these videos.

At 1:25 you see trees going down....
Tp9D6HBMtjI

Here you can hear the Air Force base sirens going off....

E-67IMmbVBY&feature=related

graystone
04-30-2011, 09:48 AM
That dude in the first video should be here. That kind of Tornado is seen all the time around here it would hardly stop someone form cutting grass in the South. The second has a good wall cloud. Shane and it's I am going stir crazy! Shane

MDKing
04-30-2011, 09:56 AM
Shane,

It's actually the same storm filmed at different times of progression.you southerners get them worse than us but you guys get nothing compared to the plains and Midwest.

graystone
05-01-2011, 07:34 AM
Sadly were over 300 deaths now and still 1000 missing. Shane and it's there is a lot to clean up! Shane

Slain
05-01-2011, 08:46 PM
Thanks Shane and the haunt community for your support through this tragic time for Alabama..
ATROX and the rest of our people are all fine..Sorry we didnt check in earlier been very busy..

graystone
05-01-2011, 09:05 PM
Your one of my most respected friends hell all of you Atrox boys are in and out of this Industry! Yeah I know what it's like man. I will talk to ya in a day or so! Shane and it's love you guys! Shane

piercemanor
05-03-2011, 10:14 AM
Pierce Manor, are you serious about them finding people that messed up? Are these people that were swept up in the twister? Hard to imagine seeing something like that....

That was one of the most defined tornado I've seen video of, really scary stuff...

As Horrible as it is, people were found in that horrible of condition. And the tornado's scale was bumped up to ef5 rating just a few days ago

piercemanor
05-03-2011, 10:23 AM
Just letting everyone know just what all I am seeing! Shane and it's Dear God you have our attention. Shane

the walmart truck photos you posted, they were of a wreck that happened in killen about a week before the storms, however the creek its in would have been a good few feet over the cab and you probly would not have even been able to tell there was a truck there.

Dan Faupel
05-03-2011, 04:12 PM
Wow...glad to hear you guys are alright Shane, Atrox, and the other haunts out there...thoughts and prayers going out to those with losses.

screamline studios
05-03-2011, 09:25 PM
Shane!!!!!! I am so sorry to hear what all you guys went through, from my home to yours hearts feel your pain and every other loss in alabama.... i will call you soon. Jason

devolino
05-03-2011, 11:57 PM
Hope everything is okay! I read on F.B where Devon said the weather was pretty bad there. Our prayers are with you! Keep us posted.
Damon

Right now over 1,000.000 homes are without power! Shane and it's I can't even get through to Devon! Shane

Oh hey guys. After my power went out I was kind of dead to the world for a minute to preserve phone battery.

The videos in this thread were completely ridiculous. I didn't see anything that bad from my house, but I was pretty much hanging out in my den the whole time. That's scary. I bailed and went to Florida, and on the way down the damage was insane. I didn't go through Tuscaloosa, but the roads through Culman and some section of I-65 south of Birmingham was really bad. Like, those weird poley guard rail things were covered in tree branches and there were pine trees down all over the place. I'm glad everyone I've talked to so far is ok for the most part :O

damon carson
05-05-2011, 11:53 AM
I thought Charlie Sheen visiting Tuscaloosa because a 23 yr old fan emailed him was a very admiral thing. Ya Charlie has gotten some bad press and he has done bad things to himself. But I think deep inside he is a good hearted guy. And for him to say he is gonna put together some events to raise money and say he will definately return is great! They said he even went in a local Kmart and boughtt over $300 dollars plus of flashlights for people without electricity. Personally I think he is trying to clean his act up. And helping others in need is a good way to start. Like he said its not a publicity stunt. He is the last person who needs publicity! Im all for it! "Way to go Charlie!"
Damon
Frightmasters
www.houseoffright.com

graystone
05-05-2011, 12:28 PM
David Spade sent a $200,000.00 donation today. Shane and it's he gave $50,000.00 last year to the Tenn flooding ! Shane

damon carson
05-05-2011, 03:21 PM
Wow thats great! Maybe more stars and celebrities will help and do the same! Thats awesome!
Damon
Frightmasters
www.houseoffright.com