PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Stiltbeast studios project poll

Allen H
05-01-2011, 10:33 PM
Hey everyone!
Im finding myself more and more pressed for time so I really want to focus my efforts on what people want to see from us please take a moment and help me steer my focus where it needs to be.
thanks for your input,
Allen Hopps

Darkangel
05-02-2011, 08:52 AM
Definitely actor training stuff. Of the people not SPFX or CFX making silicone masks and sculpts, they have a long way to go and a badly sculpted silicone mask still appears as a badly sculpted mask regardless of material.

Training is something everyone can use from the pros to the actors and in between.

DA

hauntedkimmy
05-02-2011, 12:48 PM
Good costumes are really hard to find out there. I think a good costuming video would RAWK!

zombietoxin
05-02-2011, 03:35 PM
Probably sounds bland to some but creating, care and management of wardrobe/costuming hasn't been done (that I've seen). Other than that- quality actor development tips and techniques (like how to hypnotize them -lol) would be worthy imo.

hauntedkimmy
05-02-2011, 04:22 PM
....not that I would complain if you did a silicone mask dvd. I would LOVE to learn how to play around with that. :)

Nightgore
05-02-2011, 04:35 PM
COSTUMES! COSTUMES!! COSTUMES!!! -Tyler

lurker
05-02-2011, 10:41 PM
Cue line acting, for sure. It's hard to teach cue line acting to actors in the off season cause you have no cue line to demonstrate on. And I'm too busy during the season to train them. I got some that take to it like a fish to water, but others need some extra help.

Jim Warfield
05-03-2011, 08:12 AM
Showing, telling explaining, how much devotion and time EVERYTHING requires to even begin to accomplish "Something".
The novices thinking everything will be quick, easy and wildly sucessfull just because they might have a hour each week to work on something gets very "old" after a very short time.
I see the haunting field like showbusiness. "He's a virtual overnight success!" And the time spent in that "night" might have just been the last 10 to 15 YEARS, struggling, thinking, training, practising.... then someone says , "I could do that." Without realising the true personal costs involved.............."Yada,yada,yada..."

NightmareAftershockLLC
05-07-2011, 05:49 AM
There is yet to be a real decent "Haunted House" dvd that shows the basics, explains things, gives tips and tricks, as well as allowing an insiders view to see how some haunts are laid out. This would sell me instantly. I know Larry "tried" to make those DVD's aimed at "how to make a haunted house" but, alas, they sucked. Mostly him Jaw Jacking, and little to no REAL information being put out.

Costuming is also a HUGE priority for alot of haunts that gets overlooked... again, not the GOOD haunts, but alot of the little guys like me need insight on costuming, accessorizing, and making it BELIEVABLE depending on the situation and theming. This DVD, if made, could help ALOT of people get a good idea and ideas for concepts for their character designs, etc. I also think that footwear needs to be covered. lol! I have been to more than a few haunts where they have shoes on that DON'T match their costuming plan... Pretty hard to be scared when they're right in front of you with sketchers on and great makeup.

---- Just my thoughts...

NightmareAftershockLLC
05-07-2011, 05:50 AM
Probably sounds bland to some but creating, care and management of wardrobe/costuming hasn't been done (that I've seen). Other than that- quality actor development tips and techniques (like how to hypnotize them -lol) would be worthy imo.

DEFINITELY NOT BLAND. This is one of the MOST influential parts of creating and maintaining a successful character lineup and rememberable actors... You are dead on. =)

-K

Allen H
05-07-2011, 10:15 PM
There are alot of good points on here and some unexpected results. Im sure I will eventually get around to producing all of the DVDs but the info of what you guys want to see is precious to me. thanks for the input I check this every day. I may take down the poll and do a more targeted one as soon as this one gets 50 votes.
Thank you for your input, Im most likely looking at a January or february release date on it. I just need to get it all lined up and that takes awhile.
Allen H

krazedklownkilla
05-19-2011, 05:18 PM
I want them all but right now I like acting 3

Allen H
05-19-2011, 07:29 PM
Awesome! 50 poll results and two clear stand out concepts for the Next DVD! Im going to push and try to get two done this year Im set up for it now so that should be doable.
Thanks for the input guys!
Allen H

CatacombProductions
05-23-2011, 01:13 PM
Your airbrush DVDs really were helpful two weeks ago when I painted up 27 zombies for the closing number for a local rock band, SYSTEM ASYLUM. The actors were all impressed by how comfortable the make up was, how easily it cleaned up, and not to mention how awesome they all looked.

Looking forward to whatever you decide to do next.

Allen H
05-25-2011, 05:07 PM
Since haunt design has been the number one answer I thought Id pimp my haunt design class Im teaching at MHC.

Hello Everyone,
This is a pre show plug for my haunted house theming and design seminar/class at MHC. Theming and design is a huge part of a haunt I have plenty of tips and trick to get your ideas incorperated smoothly into your attraction. Im going over
Logo, layout, back story, interior design, Anti fung schway, Guest flow, actor flow, and floor plan. Im going over a ton of material and info it will be a haunt design brain dump of info.
I want to go over what I think works theme wise and why, from beginning of concept to detailing sets. Questions will be welcome and I will show you a few brainstorming techniques to get the most out of your creative staff and to appease the ones who really want to help. Im super excited about this class and I hope you can make it!
Allen H
http://midwesthauntersconvention.com.../haunt-design/

Wellinton
06-09-2011, 03:04 PM
I don't want to choose. I want a tutorial on every topic!!!

sneeky
07-14-2011, 12:08 AM
Haunted House design please.

RJ Productions
07-17-2011, 01:16 AM
Not to be a buzz kill, but focusing on haunt design really has a limited audience. It might best be addressed at the seminars at the various conventions.
If you really want to get into the business you really need to start making commitments, like attending the conventions and seminars!! It should be part of your basic reasearch before you buil your first wall panel!!!

Personally I's prefered the last choice on ideas. As an example, just look at the response the blood gel and plastic corpsing got????

There are ideas out there that we have all come up with to save time or create something we can't get anywhere else. These ideas are things that everyone can use. Whether you are a newbie or a seasoned haunter, everyone likes a good idea!!

Secondly, costuming is one of the areas that always gets overlooked. Again, it is a topic that can be utilized by a lot more people.

While design is getting votes, is it necessarily the best topic to reach the most participants here?

RobfromErie
11-04-2011, 06:53 AM
I'm obviously outvoted, but I'll be looking forward to the stilt DvD, which you could also tie in to the que line acting possibly. That was my main role this year, entertaining people outside of the haunts, I couldn't fit inside.

Allen H
11-22-2011, 01:20 PM
Wow, one vote shy of 100, not a bad response.

damon carson
01-24-2013, 11:21 AM
We need a blooper reel off all your videos! And maybe some non haunter talk like we used to have in the chat rooms! Haha! Miss those days! See ya at the show Allen!
Damon
www.frightmasters.weebly.com

BrotherMysterio
01-24-2013, 12:44 PM
Silicone mask making
Fantastic costuming
Moving like a monster- Stilts, sliding, and other monster motions
Dynamic HH acting 3- que lines and outside actors
Collected tricks and tips - to dumb to sell but they work great

Well, since we now have the Haunt Design DVD, and the Scare one is on the way, I'd say let's get on with the rest of those. I would focus on Collected Tricks and Tips, and Monster Moving, particularly stilt work.

C.

BigT
01-24-2013, 01:28 PM
Queue line acting and acting in general would be big for me. I am working on logistics and budget to get you out to our haunt for training, but alas a DVD would be totally awesome in the meantime!

I have got to look up your airbrushing DVD. That is something I could use right now .......

Allen H
04-10-2013, 08:02 PM
newest DVD is finally on the website!
http://stiltbeaststudios.com/Scares_.php

krazedklownkilla
05-01-2013, 06:58 PM
For anyone who is an actor or haunt owner Allens DVDs ARE A MUST!!! I have been in the haunt biz for 15 years and Ive done it all Im now an owner of a successful haunt. I and my staff watch allens youtube Wednesday every week and me and my staff own ALL of his dvds. Also My staff and I ask his advise all the time. He is more than happy to help in anyway he can. I know when you see the dvd is $35 your like wow thats alot cause walmart sells movie for $5......The info he gives you is worth its weight in gold. This man truly gives you an understanding of Haunt acting. There is NOTHING that will help you or your staff more then Allens DVDs.
Allen Ill be ordering the new scares dvd this weekend. thanks (horror fields!!)

Humboldt House of Horrors
05-15-2013, 10:47 AM
Great poll Allen, I agree with the costuming comments but whatever you decide on, keep 'em coming !!!

Dark Tiki Studios
09-14-2013, 01:26 AM
Yep, I'm still pushing for someone who knows what they're doing to make a DVD or a book about OUTDOOR haunts!

(Oh, and I'm not knocking Allen's stuff at all. Quite the opposite. I took his seminar at MHC in 2012, and bought his DVD. Both were excellent!)

-TODD