PDA

View Full Version : After Dark Horror Fest 8 films to Die for

TheNightMare
03-27-2007, 07:04 PM
Has anybody seen any of these movies? Are they worth getting. Best Buy around me is selling all 7 movies for $60.00

Preblepug
03-27-2007, 11:50 PM
I have no clue if they are good or not but i couldnt pass up the deal like 8.50 about for each dvd. I picked them up plan on watching them this week maybe if i do i will get back to you

drfrightner
03-28-2007, 01:21 AM
Which movie is the best... I bought one today.

Larry

mindtumor
03-30-2007, 11:04 AM
If anyone has seen any of these movies let me know if they are any good. I have some interest but don't want spend $60 unless some of them are good.

SomeThingInTheIce
03-30-2007, 05:18 PM
I bought Dark Ride but I have not watched it yet. I'll post Sunday about it.

TheNightMare
03-30-2007, 06:03 PM
I went to BB today and looked at them. Didn't purchase even though it would've cost like 8.50 per dvd. Come Sunday they'll be back to $14.99 a dvd. Guess I should of bought em. Oh well, theres always tomorrow. lol

Jim Warfield
04-01-2007, 08:41 AM
The real question is: Does anybody make a Skeet machine that fits DVD's?
"PULL!"
"BANG!"
"PULL!"
........."BANG!"
"PULL!"
................"BANG!"...."Ha Ha, you missed me!"
"Sure if you turn sideways you're thinner than Great Grandpa's hair and twice as silver, you rammshacklerbumsqueezer!"

SomeThingInTheIce
04-01-2007, 08:56 AM
Well, Dark Ride was Okay, what I liked about it was that it was like a walk through of a haunted house, they never get into the cars and ride through the attraction after the opening credits they just walk through. The extras let you into the story a little more and they cut out parts of the opening that you can see in the extras. They should have left it but I guess it gave away to much. In all being that the dvds cost less then most new movies I'll give it a thumbs up, I'm thinking of getting another one so if anyone has seen any of them please post. Also Lions Gate is doing this again this year with eight films. Now I will let you in on something IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW ABOUT A CLUE TO THE KILLER STOP READING NOW!!!!

!!!!SPOILER!!!!

At the start of the movie the two main male characters are in their dorm room getting ready for spring break. The one character is joking with the other about sue (his love doll that is hanging on the wall behind him) he is telling him that he will get a real girl on break. The other character then says Oh you know about sue. The love doll has on a halloween mask that is the same devil head that is at the opening of the dark ride.

SomeThingInTheIce
04-08-2007, 05:09 PM
Well, I got Grave Dancers for this weekend and it was a lot better then Dark Ride. I would check this one out, good story, alot of FX and a good cast.

SomeThingInTheIce
04-11-2007, 04:30 PM
"Wicked Little Things" thats three out of the eight. Now this one made the "Children Of The Corn" look like chior boys. little dead kids from a 1800's mining camp running around in the woods with pick axes, shovels and sludge hammers and none to happy. Turns out the little brats are zombies and are looking for the ancestor of the man who owened the mine when they were killed. Kids are creepy!

TheNightMare
04-11-2007, 08:37 PM
Wicked Little Things - sounds like a fun movie

Jim Warfield
04-12-2007, 01:39 AM
...as the child-zombies attack, what shall we do?
Call in the Oldtime School Teachers!
Over their knee and spanky-spanky!
Small zombie knuckles , severed , hit the ground from those steel-edged rulers!
"Those little Zombies SHALL "Learn!"

SomeThingInTheIce
04-22-2007, 08:29 AM
"The Hamiltons" this one was alright, I had to see what was in the box under the house and was a little let down at the end when I saw it. The Hamilton family are a strange bunch to say the least but it was not hard to see what they realy were. They move in, kill, feed and move on. Beware the new neighbors!

SomeThingInTheIce
05-13-2007, 09:41 AM
"Unrest" I'm not sure if anyone is still looking at this post but, here it goes. Unrest was like the others just okay, the famaldhide tank (not sure thats spelled right) was gross, do they really have those? You never get to see the killings just the after math. Not the worst one of the bunch so far, it could give some ideas on a morge set but knowing how you all think I'm sure you can do just as good if not better. I'll look to pick up another one of these movies next week.

TheNightMare
05-15-2007, 01:48 PM
Thanks for posting your reviews.

MMManiac
05-15-2007, 05:10 PM
i borrowed these movies from a friend and they were... eh... not worth $60 but still fun to watch I guess...

Sean

drfrightner
05-23-2007, 02:10 AM
I finally saw Dark Ride, which featured a lot of Scarefactory props and Magee FX did all the make up for it. I thought it was okay, nothing overly great but not bad either. The killer was kinda corny and the twist at the end was kinda expected.

But it some okay acting and some not okay acting. Overall I did think it has some scares in it, and the sets and stuff where pretty cool.

I wouldn't say its a barn burner but I will rate it 3 hatchets out of 5.

Larry