PDA

View Full Version : Smart idea Terrorplex

HauntedPaws
05-19-2011, 02:42 PM
I'm surfing most of the haunt sites I see here and I must say selling t-shirts which act as discount coupons is a pretty SMART idea. Free advertising and hopefully the t-shirt was a $20-25 sale too? Worse part is you only take a $5 hit per person but you may make that up in food/beverage sales anyways.

Dr Spooktakular
05-19-2011, 07:58 PM
Thanks! It's a great selling tool, the thing is, our flyers/coupons are $4 off, so in reality, it doesn't hurt really at all. I also give away shot glasses with VIP ticket up-sells, the shot glasses cost me about .75c and the up-sell is $10.

hauntedkimmy
05-19-2011, 08:21 PM
Great marketing ideas! Love the shot glasses with the VIP tickets...something to sweeten the deal... great idea!

HauntedPaws
05-19-2011, 10:54 PM
What's a shirt go for?

X-Treme Torment
05-22-2011, 06:40 PM
our shirts cost us $12 a shirt and we turn around and sell them for $20.

Terrorknight
05-23-2011, 12:31 PM
Can you post a pic of your shirt , i might be able to get you a WAY better price per shirt.

Haunted Prints (EOM)
06-18-2011, 06:17 PM
What's a shirt go for?

The price can vary greatly based on the quantity you want and the number of colors in your shirt.

Current Special = White Shirt, 1 color on 1 Side (Print Plus Setup)
12 = $6
50 = $4.75
100 = $4.00
150 = $3.50

Shoot me a message if you have any questions.

Trail of Terror
06-18-2011, 06:57 PM
I would like to get some shirts made but I have to many irons in the fire right now, building and things... that I haven't had time to think of a design yet... maybe someone out there can help... if so PM me..

Thanks

jakprintsHAUNT
06-18-2011, 11:36 PM
our shirts cost us $12 a shirt and we turn around and sell them for $20.

Depending on your design and quantity, that sounds really expensive. Check us out for some really great prices, and some of the best quality in both the haunt and general screen printing industries! If you were at Transworld or MHC, or subscribe to Hauntworld or 13th Hour, there are plenty of additional discounts floating around out there as well.

Mike "Pogo" Hach

Mad Wax Sculptor
06-28-2011, 05:34 AM
our Terrorplex shirts cost is high because they have an insane amount of detail/colors and are direct to garment. They are printed rather than screened. They cost more but are awesome

Haunted Prints (EOM)
06-28-2011, 09:27 AM
The Terrorplex T-Shirt created by Sinister Visions looks awesome.

jakprintsHAUNT
06-28-2011, 03:43 PM
our Terrorplex shirts cost is high because they have an insane amount of detail/colors and are direct to garment. They are printed rather than screened. They cost more but are awesome

If you are getting printed direct to garment unless it is dye sublimation (gas dying the image into the shirt), it should not cost more than screen printing. Also your number of colors should not matter on direct to garment as far as your pricing goes. If someone is telling you that direct to garment is more for more colors, they are pulling one over on you. With most of the technology currently out there, direct to garment is a much lower quality ink and general process than screen printing. The initial print you can get a little more detail out of because it is literally like a giant inkjet printer, but it fades considerably after 2 washes. We are prototyping some brand new technology that meets our quality standards that may allow us to offer digitally printed shirts, but not until we put it through the ringer and are comfortable with selling it to our customers.

Mike "Pogo" Hach

Haunted Prints (EOM)
06-28-2011, 07:23 PM
Mike, if I'm not mistaken, Jak printed the terrorplex shirts last year and they were screen printed. You guys did a good job.

GreatCaesarsGhost
07-06-2011, 02:26 AM

Here is the Terrorplex shirt and hopefully Scott won't kill me for posting this picture. I have to say its a excellent shirt. The print and color has held up very well thru multiple washes and I normally do not dry this shirt, but let it hang dry. Whenever I wear it out, I get lots of looks at the shirt. I think the thing to do would be to add the website url to the back of the shirt. Can't remember the price though. I help build and detail in the Manor, so I got a discount ;).

Mad Wax Sculptor
07-06-2011, 03:44 AM
There is no way these Terrorplex shirts are screened . I have printed shirts and know the process. We have close friends who own a shop. Jak prints If you can direct to garment these shirts with the same quality for the same price as screened I will hold you to it and personally place an order. These shirts are awesome and didn't loose any color .

Dr Spooktakular
07-06-2011, 01:15 PM
MadWax, JaKPrints printed these shirts for us, so whatever Mike is saying, it is so. If anyone is looking for a good shirt printer, JakPrints is the way to go.

Dr Spooktakular
07-06-2011, 01:16 PM
Who's that good looking guy with the Terrorplex t-shirt on?

jakprintsHAUNT
07-06-2011, 02:10 PM
Yeah as long as those are the ones we did, they were most definitely screen printed. For your privacy I will not share the pricing, but it was well below $12 per stated earlier. We do not yet offer direct to garment printing yet as again we are thoroughly testing it with our quality standards before offering to the public. The digital machine we are testing is state of the art and we are one of the first shops in the country to have it. This will be one of the first industries we offer it to if we decide to go live with it.

Mike "Pogo" Hach

Mad Wax Sculptor
07-06-2011, 11:58 PM
Its amazing how complicated this has gotten. some ones got a wire crossed somewhere. In closing the shirts are awesome. I love them!!! regardless of how much they did or didnt cost and who did or didn't print or direct to garment the damn things . I guess in the future its a lesson to be learned not to try and undercut and bad mouth your own work. I guess Scott needs to check his invoice there may be a refund coming lol

Haunted Prints (EOM)
07-07-2011, 12:24 AM
You guys need to post some pics of this years build/changes.

jakprintsHAUNT
07-07-2011, 12:25 AM
I am sorry if you or anyone misunderstood me. In no way was I trying to badmouth or undercut anyone or any company. I do not work that way. I was only commenting on direct to garment printing (available in the market currently) vs screen printing, and the person that said they were paying $12 a shirt, that it seemed like a very high price. Maybe some unintentional lines were drawn as to who they were or what they were speaking about. I also did not know if the shirts in question were new or from last year. The comment about not being screened made me believe they were not from us, as we do not offer direct to garment at this time. Again if you misunderstood me or vice versa I apologize.

I was only commenting that if someone told you direct to garment was more expensive than screen printing or that more colors cost you more (on direct to garment), they were misinforming you. I was only trying to be helpful. Regardless of whether someone prints through us or elsewhere, I am only commenting from professional experience to try to help fellow industry folk understand the products they might be looking at. I was a haunter before even starting in the print industry, and would only make recommendations or advice I stand behind because of that. I would not offer friends or family something I did not stand behind, and I consider all haunters family. If you or anyone else has any other questions about direct to garment printing, screen printing, or anything else, please feel free to ask. I will do my best to answer any questions or make any recommendations, even if you are not necessarily printing with us.

Thank You
Mike "Pogo" Hach

Mad Wax Sculptor
07-07-2011, 04:03 PM
No problem Jak I understand where your coming from. Josh we can post a few pics of renovations but I honestly don't even know where to begin. Just about every things been over hauled or redone this yr. I know you'll be out to check it out this yr anyway