PDA

View Full Version : First Ever Video Casket Simulator

bonehead
06-04-2011, 08:20 PM
The video Casket ride made it's debut at Dundas Square in Toronto Friday. This simulator has HD picture, high quality MP3 sound and pneumatic movement.

DeathRattle
06-06-2011, 09:18 AM
First ever? Maybe if it was still 2007

bonehead
06-06-2011, 03:21 PM
Who makes ones with a video screen in the ride ?

sophisticatedterror
06-07-2011, 03:58 PM
first ever? This has been done before....sorry

kale

HauntedPaws
06-07-2011, 04:12 PM
This ur missing the fact it has a large monitor in it.

wtwtw
06-07-2011, 06:07 PM
Maybe the monitor is so you can watch your life flash before your eyes

xtremecreator
06-08-2011, 08:36 AM
Is there a video? I dont get it? How would that be life like and scary?

Looks like the screen would be 5 inches from your face?

Please advise

John

Evernight
06-08-2011, 02:04 PM
When we were at the transworld show a couple years ago several people were talking about how they installed LCD screens into their casket rides for added effect....They say they made the video to accompany the existing soundtrack.

You would see the two undertakers leaning over the coffin looking in and talking about you....then you would see being lowered down into the grave, then as they started throwing dirt onto the lid the monitor would turn off.

So no this idea is not new - It has been done before.....but maybe this company does it differently???

bonehead
06-08-2011, 06:13 PM
The monitor is about a foot form your face,which is quite comfortable. The visual starts with the priest giving the sermon, then the mourners saying goodby, the casket is then lifted and transported into the hearse, then you are taken out showing the night sky and lowered into the ground, the casket shaking and falling into the hole. then you are covered with dirt. just when you think its over zombies attack the casket and clear away the dirt from the monitor and proceed to smash the glass. All this is shown on the monitor. and the casket is moved around with pneumatics.

Evernight
06-08-2011, 06:19 PM
But now the big question....What's the price tag?

bonehead
06-08-2011, 09:03 PM
They go for 8,000

sophisticatedterror
06-09-2011, 09:20 AM
yikes, no thanks...

Wolf Creek Haunted Forest
06-10-2011, 10:09 AM
$8,000 yikes! I am not being rude about your product because the casket looks stunning. But why wouldn't a haunter who was interested in this just purchase a Last Ride casket system with all the works and smells for 3500 ish and install a monitor in it. High Rez haunt videos now a days go for $139 a pop like at atmos fear. Hell for 500-1000 bucks i know a few special effects movie guys that would shoot any video that would mimic the pneumatics of a Last Ride simulator and the quality would be stunning. I am just wondering where the justification of the 8k comes from? I might be missing something, not sure.

bhays
06-10-2011, 04:16 PM
Hell for 500-1000 bucks i know a few special effects movie guys that would shoot any video that would mimic the pneumatics of a Last Ride simulator .

Yeah, but I bet those guys you know aren't any good. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

06-10-2011, 05:08 PM
lol Brett, they are decent i heard.

RJ Productions
06-10-2011, 05:40 PM
While it is interesting...how is it realistic??? I have never heard of a casket with a window???

If you are buried in a casket you CAN'T see out of the casket...that's the point of being trapped
in it!! If there is a "window" and you were trapped, you would just kick out the window and escape
before you are buried!!!

I know as haunters we have to bend or alter reality a bit, but this looks like a case of adding an effect
solely for the point of adding the effect. IF you wanted this effect of being able to look out and watch
then I would say put it in a different environment. Don't use a casket but instead some other
form of entrapment that DOES have a window or opening, maybe it is just an opening with a grate over it.
So you mount a real grate over the monitor so you are "peeking" through it out of the box, crate, or what ever.

Maybe theme it like some sort of entrapment similar to the SAW stuff. Something like that would have a window
because the Sicko locking you in it WANTS you to see out and wants to see you in it!!!!

If you have casket, just leave them in the dark, use the $4,500 difference for some other effect!

xtremecreator
06-10-2011, 06:58 PM
Is there a video of it or someone going through it?

John

06-10-2011, 07:16 PM
A video is a definite must

iamscared2009
06-11-2011, 11:42 PM
casket with a window???

they do come with windows, but not in the good old USA, i was down in south america 2 years ago, in lima peru..i lived in peru on and off with this hot latina( thats another story), the girl i was dating at the time, we had to stop by a funerial, i was shocked when i walked in and saw the body in a closed coffin with a window... trust me i wanted to take a pic.

j

bonehead
06-12-2011, 07:20 AM
I see a lot of people posting, Which Is nice. What I do not understand why any one would post negative comments, When they have not even seen or had a ride, some Caskets do come with a window , and yes you can buy the 4500 dollar simulator , Randy makes a very good product, we also make them. But as far as converting one to this, I wish you luck. The CGI video alone would would make up the extra cost.

MidnightEvil
06-13-2011, 06:29 PM
casket with a window???

they do come with windows, but not in the good old USA, i was down in south america 2 years ago, in lima peru..i lived in peru on and off with this hot latina( thats another story), the girl i was dating at the time, we had to stop by a funerial, i was shocked when i walked in and saw the body in a closed coffin with a window... trust me i wanted to take a pic.

j

I have one of the window coffins from Peru in my haunt. it comes with matching cover for the window