PDA

View Full Version : Security Camera Systems

mindtumor
07-05-2011, 12:04 PM
For those who have a security camera system in their haunts, what type to you use?

gadget-evilusions
07-05-2011, 02:07 PM
With the help of my IT department, I put together one from CCTVhotdeals.com using a capture card, computer built just for capturing, and 16 various cameras. Almost finished installing.

Raycliff Manor
07-06-2011, 08:00 AM
We purchased our system from X10. Here's a link to the latest promotion they sent us...

http://www.x10.com/promotions/xx20a_ed_6cam_free_bonus.html?EM

You might browse around their site and check them out. Hope it helps!

Kel

Jim Warfield
07-06-2011, 06:06 PM
Mathew Brady! As long as the people infront of the lense can be convinced not to move for at least 5 minutes!
I have a Radio Shack antique system that really needs to go to ground. (then become covered up with ground)

sean
07-07-2011, 06:51 AM
I have 32 cameras. We installed them. I bought some extra wire, etc, have about 2k in vested. The cameras are night vision, infared and motion activated. I can log onto the internet and watch the system live, as could you if you had the password. Individual cameras can be set to send me an email/text when they detect motion. The dvr records 30 days before overwrite. I went to a local pawn shop and bought two 32" flat screens for the monitors. Very nice set up and we'll be doing "live feeds" on the outdoor screen this year. From a security stanpoint, these are a dream. I bught the first 16 last year then bought the second 16 this season. Heres the link...http://www.svat.com/productDisplay.php?id=296&categoryNumber=0

James Wilson
07-10-2011, 03:32 AM
I still consider myself a home haunter, but this was one of the first investments I made when we started putting our haunt together. We have a Qsee 8 camera DVR system with night vision and real time recording. I leave it running the entire month of October, and we've never had any problems with it. I believe it cost around $425 shipped from tiger direct.