PDA

View Full Version : Attention Haunt Owners Read This!!!!!

graystone
07-06-2011, 08:00 AM
THIS MUST BE STOPPED AND STOPPED NOW!!!!! go to http://www.findhauntedhousereviews.com and see if your haunt is listed! This person/company is using YOUR HAUNT and this will come back to bite you in the butt as the owner!!!! Someone started this site and then registered all of these haunt domains this is cyber squating and it's aginst the law! If your haunt is not listed yet it will be!!! This is all pretty new to me but it's aginst the law. They want to get on google for people searching for YOUR haunt, they find your haunt and website and THIS PERSON control's the reviews and this can really cost you alot! What if your Haunt "A" and you and haunt "B" are not on good terms haunt "B" could flood the site with bad reviews, etc!!!! And all along they have registured YOUR HAUNTS NAME!!! This is illegal!!!

I need some feedback maybe all use one attorney to address this. Any info or input is needed before this get's out of control! WE NEVER WANT TO ALLOW ANYONE TO USE YOUR NAME THAT YOU BOUGHT. PAID FOR AND OWN! Shane and it's lets hear from you! Shane

UnDeRTaKer313
07-06-2011, 10:01 AM
Report a claim here.
https://www.domainsbyproxy.com/Default.aspx
They created the website through a Private WHOIS, and this is the company.
Fill out the form with the main domain along with your the domain for your individual haunt.
can't imagine it would take very long to get offline.
you can actually call godaddy and prove you own the business name and they will take it offline.

MindWerxKMG
07-06-2011, 11:13 AM
I just checked and the site has been suspended!

MovieRelics
07-06-2011, 11:20 AM
I see that it's come down and while I hope it stays down, I don't think your going to be able to stop this if the owner of that site objects to it's suspension. Your going to be right back to the same problem as before.

Twin Locusts
07-06-2011, 12:27 PM
Shane, I understand the general issue you're talking about but help me understand how they "register your name". Are you saying they try to register your domain name with an alternate suffix, .net, .org, .biz, ...?

Not questioning you that there's an issue, I just don't understand exactly what they're doing.

drfrightner
07-06-2011, 01:44 PM
Yesterday I found out about it as well, and try to put feelers out to see who was doing this, and I know Randy Bates emailed a couple people also, and today Shane blasts the whole thing wide open. Whomever did this probably got the message that they can be sued for for left and right... they are facing about 200 lawsuits for about 200 different haunted house owners. This is flat out cyber squatting, registering your trademarked haunted house name and trying to get traffic from your haunt, while at the same time allowing all sorts of reviews on your attraction.

This person registered something like 200 haunted house url's with YOUR haunted house name with the word review attached to the end. See if your haunted house is on the list... here is the list. Every single haunt on this list can file suit against the guy. I have my attorney looking into the guy who did this, I will say whomever did this should just admit it, offer to transfer all these domains to whomever they should belong to and agree to never do this site again, otherwise I'm still coming after him. This was just wrong.

13thdoorreviews.com
13thfloorreviews.com
25thhourreviews.com
7floorsofhellreviews.com
activeacresreviews.com
arxmortisreviews.com
asylum13reviews.com
asylumhauntedhousereviews.com
azscreamparkreviews.com
basementofthedeadreviews.com
batesmorelreviews.com
bennettscursereviews.com
bloodlakereviews.com
bloodmanorreviews.com
bluemoonknits.com
boisedharmacenter.com
buckskinjoesreviews.com
burialchamberreviews.com
casolafarmsreviews.com
chambersoffearreviews.com
chambersofhorrorsreviews.com
creepywoodsreviews.com
creepyworldreviews.com
crypthauntedhousereviews.com
curseofslaughterhousegulchreviews.com
cuttingedgehauntedhousereviews.com
darkmanorreviews.com
darkwoodmanorreviews.com
deadlandreviews.com
dentschoolhousereviews.com
destinationhauntreviews.com
disturbiareviews.com
dreamreapersreviews.com
drscarysreviews.com
easternstatespenitentiarysreviews.com
erebusreviews.com
factoryofterrorreviews.com
fearfarmreviews.com
fearfestreviews.com
fearforestreviews.com
fearitselfreviews.com
fieldofscreamsreviews.com
fieldofterrorreviews.com
folklorehauntedhousereviews.com
frightkingdomreviews.com
frightlandreviews.com
frightmanorreviews.com
frightmorereviews.com
frightworksreviews.com
ghostlymanorreviews.com
ghostshipreviews.com
hangmanshouseofhorrorsreviews.com
hauntedacresreviews.com
hauntedcavereviews.com
hauntedfarmofterrorreviews.com
hauntedhoochiereviews.com
hauntedhotelreviews.com
hauntedmontrosereviews.com
hauntedoverloadreviews.com
hauntedwarehousereviews.com
hauntvillereviews.com
headlesshorsemanreviews.com
heartstoppersreviews.com
horsemanshollowreviews.com
iaartusa.com
indyscreamparkreviews.com
isleofscreamsreviews.com
jasonswoodsreviews.com
jessicasusanto.com
knottsscaryfarmreviews.com
landofillusionreviews.com
lasvegashauntsreviews.com
lempmansionreviews.com
losangeleshauntedhayridereviews.com
lulushouseofhorrorsreviews.com
marshauntedhousereviews.com
midnightmanorreviews.com
necropolisreviews.com
netherworldreviews.com
nightmarenewenglandreviews.com
nightmareon13threviews.com
nightmareonscalesreviews.com
nightmareonthebayoureviews.com
nightofterrorreviews.com
nightterrorsreviews.com
nileshauntedhousereviews.com
pennhurstreviews.com
phobiahauntedhousereviews.com
phobiareviews.com
popesfarmreviews.com
pureterrorscreamparkreviews.com
scareatoriumreviews.com
scarefestreviews.com
screamacresreviews.com
screamparkreviews.com
screamtownreviews.com
screamworldreviews.com
skeletonslairreviews.com
spookhavenreviews.com
spookyranchreviews.com
spookywoodsreviews.com
spookyworldreviews.com
stlucifersreviews.com
terrorbehindthewallsreviews.com
terrorplexreviews.com
terrortownreviews.com
the13thgatereviews.com
thebutcherreviews.com
thedarknessreviews.com
thehauntedginreviews.com
thehouseofshockreviews.com
thehouseofterrorsreviews.com
thelegendsofhorrorreviews.com
themassacrereviews.com
themortuaryhauntedhousereviews.com
thenesthauntedhousereviews.com
thenestreviews.com
therealmofdarknessreviews.com
thescarehousereviews.com
theterrorfestreviews.com
theterrortestreviews.com
thrillvaniareviews.com
trappedinpurgatoryreviews.com
ultimateterrorsreviews.com
universalhorrornightsreviews.com
warehouse31reviews.com
wilmingtonhauntedhollowreviews.com
wisconsinfeargroundsreviews.com
woodsofterrorreviews.com
xtremefearreviews.com
zombiemanorreviews.com

Nightgore
07-06-2011, 02:03 PM
I found this out yesterday...whoever it is has paid EXTRA to have a private WHOIS listing, and with this many domains, someone has put SERIOUS MONEY into this! Please keep us all updated on this! -Tyler

drfrightner
07-06-2011, 02:15 PM
Tyler I guess you can see they registered your haunts name as well... that domain by proxy doesn't mean anything. They will give you the information if they are contacted by an attorney. All they have to say is we need the information for a potential trademark violation and they will hand it right over. First one who gets the info post it here. Shane thanks for exposing this mess, and stay on top of it. Larry

Twin Locusts
07-06-2011, 02:49 PM
Pretty devious. Regardless of how much traffic he got from just a haunt name search, the second most likely search phrase entered is probably "XYZ haunt review" from people looking for basic citysearch, or yahoo place page reviews.

This guy will disappear or he'll be learning to use his new a$$-#@le.

krazedklownkilla
07-06-2011, 03:55 PM
WOW Thats just Crazy, PEOPLE are CRAZY.

Darkangel
07-06-2011, 07:17 PM
I read a couple sites, seems to be all positive comments what's the concern? I guess it's the possible loss of control with using your name? How is this any different from any local haunt review site posting their review of your haunted houses they are doing the exact same thing, right? Am I missing something?

DA

graystone
07-06-2011, 09:02 PM
For one we pay good money to Trademark our names, 2 no one has the right to piggy back a name you have paid for, 3 it's illegal, 4 local haunts can bash each other as long as they want but no one has the right to use your name for their own personal gain! Shane and it's I still say blow them out of the water! Shane

bhays
07-06-2011, 09:51 PM
I find it humorous he did not register fearfairreviews... could have something to do with a lot of folks in the industry knowing I'm an attorney... cracks me up.

Haunted Prints (EOM)
07-07-2011, 12:16 AM
Wow, this person sure put alot into this. There is no way they thought this was okay.

Legal or not, this is a great way to make a lot enemies.

scaremeister
07-07-2011, 12:49 AM
register in bulk is much cheaper likely was not a huge investment after 15-20 domain goes down considerably in price. Many loophole on both ends of argument if no profit being made, or not posing as the company however wrong it maybe they may not have to shut down. You need iron clad trademarking that prohibits use of name in any other form than attraction. Many may have, but unfortunate some may not. Not a lawyer but fought a battle like these before not as cut and dry as u would hope for

graystone
07-07-2011, 07:50 AM
You being in the Industry have you ever thought of being a Industry Attorney like Ken at Westland is a Industry Insurance agent? Larry any word on if this site will stay down! Shane and it's no one is going to use my name but me! Shane

bhays
07-07-2011, 08:34 AM
You being in the Industry have you ever thought of being a Industry Attorney like Ken at Westland is a Industry Insurance agent?

Well, I do primarily criminal defense and divorce, not that there isn't a good demand for both in this industry, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

graystone
07-07-2011, 08:46 AM
OK when I go take out Casey Anthony I will call ya! Oh wait you don't go to prison for murder anymore! Shane and it's the bitch is quilty! Shane

bhays
07-07-2011, 09:18 AM
OK when I go take out Casey Anthony I will call ya! Oh wait you don't go to prison for murder anymore! Shane and it's the bitch is quilty! Shane

Just for you, Shane.

jakprintsHAUNT
07-07-2011, 05:24 PM
Yeah this whole thing is pretty crazy. As stated earlier it prolly was not a huge investment for the person that did it. At one time I bought several domains and they ended up being less than $10 even with the private registration, and that was only like 16 of them. I know the prices went down more the more you bought. Regardless though this whole thing is shady of someone to do without at least approaching the haunts first. Dont know much about the legal aspects, but looks like they are somewhat involved in the industry as a good portion of the ones they registered were mainly the bigger players.

Curious to see where this all goes. Good luck to anyone involved.

Mike "Pogo" Hach

Mad Wax Sculptor
07-09-2011, 02:22 AM
Damn it they got me too !! Im on the list wtf? why am I never on a good list ?

Darkangel
07-09-2011, 06:47 AM
It does look like it's many of the main players that are on the list, I guess it could be a compliment to be on and an insult to be left off!

Site is down, probably an actor or someone who already does a review site and wants to expand.

DA

spookhaven
07-10-2011, 04:36 PM
WTF, I am on it and I am just a little fish in this big sea. I think they got them from hauntworld lead banners. Keep us posted, I might have to join this suit.

Graveyard
07-29-2011, 08:04 AM
I just checked this out this morning and the link for my haunt is back online.....

UnDeRTaKer313
07-29-2011, 09:05 AM
i would check if this is really breaking the law.
no idea how we didn't make the list, but honestly if we did, i would never sue.

This site could do the exact same thing, however not use your haunt name in the domain name and they would FOR SURE not be breaking any laws. Also the only people that are actually breaking the law are those that post a fake review of your haunt on the website, THOSE are the people you should be after. sadly there is no way to track it. GOOD NEWS, whoever is building this site has no idea how to do SEO, because i could name 101 things they are doing wrong.
also if they really wanted to rank these sites up to the top, the amount of searches these sites are getting is so low in reality, you can run it through google keywords tool and figure that out. in order to rank these to the top they would need tons of backlinks even with exact domain matching. that costs money.

What i am getting at, is this looks like a CLEAR attempt at control of making someone look good or bad.
i bet in a few month they will charge for good reviews or something like that.

drfrightner
07-29-2011, 02:16 PM
We are filing suit. I know other haunt owners doing the exact same thing. I will keep you up to date.

Larry

SomeThingInTheIce
07-31-2011, 02:57 PM
Heres what I don't understand, this site just went up and theres already a long list of reviews and if you take the time to read them some of them do not come across as being legit, "Something is rotten in Denmark".

kpolley
07-31-2011, 03:25 PM
They are just pulling reviews from other sites that already have legitimate reviews listed. Start with Bates Motel at the top. If you search Google for the wording found in the reviews you'll find they come from yelp.com...for instance. I'm sure that the rest of the site's reviews are the same way...

graystone
07-31-2011, 03:35 PM
Heck they got reviews dating back to 2007 yet the site has only been up a few weeks? Shane and it's I call bull shit! Shane

Jim Warfield
07-31-2011, 07:49 PM
I'd like to see a reveiw of my house, get out the Oui-Ja board dial in 1870, it was a tavern and a whorehouse, probably why it's haunted by a woman !