PDA

View Full Version : Newest tutorial posted

Allen H
07-14-2011, 11:39 AM
Hey guys- I did manage to post another tutorial last night. It turned out Pretty cool, another cost effective way of doing something that needs doing. These videos are making me seem cheap..lol.
Allen H

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69p2EyS-5qk

spong8
07-14-2011, 01:42 PM
You are a cheap bastard. I love it. I saw this in my sub que before work and watched it. Very nifty idea with the plastic. But I have a question, if I wanted to do this with a book should I use an adhesive or will it shrink enough to attach itself to the cardboard of the book?

Allen H
07-14-2011, 04:17 PM
For that Id use adhesive.

damon carson
07-14-2011, 04:32 PM
That came out pretty good. Cool idea.
Damon
Frightmasters

Wellinton
07-14-2011, 06:32 PM
Looks fantasic!
Amazing the way your brain works!!

lurker
07-14-2011, 11:30 PM
Cool technique! I've done them with saran wrap before, but this is a lot better. And those Pitini Enterprises skeletons look pretty good for 30 bones! The order time seems a little crazy. Order in January and get them in August.

Allen H
07-15-2011, 06:16 AM
YEah, China is far.

lurker
07-15-2011, 06:52 AM
Not only is it far, but I got an e-mail from Len at Pitini this morning. He sent me a catalog and a list of stuff still available to ship this August, and the skeletons aren't on it. I guess they are popular. Go figure.

CatacombProductions
07-15-2011, 08:38 AM
Allen, honestly, you're my personal Haunt Jiminy Cricket. Inspiring me to do more and go further. As always, the tutorial is super helpful, easy and saves me a boat load of money. Thanks!

sysasi
07-15-2011, 07:58 PM
Would it be a problem to use this in an indoor haunt due to flamability of that plastic material?

Love all that you do! Subscribe if you haven't!!!!

Allen H
07-15-2011, 11:19 PM
Not really, you use plastic all over in every building not just haunts. If it makes you feel better replace a plastic garbage can with a metal one and that will balance the amount of plastic in your show, one small garbage can should be worth about six or seven plastic covered corpses.

Greg Chrise
07-16-2011, 12:32 AM
Senior Brushmaster, I did some epoxy crack repair inspired by your 1 inch brush skills and I think I used a lot less epoxy than I normally would have at $33 a quart. I might have looked real proffesional doing the work too!

Thank you Allen!

sysasi
07-16-2011, 06:26 AM
Not really, you use plastic all over in every building not just haunts. If it makes you feel better replace a plastic garbage can with a metal one and that will balance the amount of plastic in your show, one small garbage can should be worth about six or seven plastic covered corpses.

People on the forums have said that the fire marshall walks through the haunt with a lighter testing everyting in sight...that led me to believe everything in there needs to be flametreated. All of the firemarshall horror stories makes a new haunter nervous I guess :)

spong8
07-16-2011, 08:30 AM
What the monkey? That doesn't sound safe at all, the lighter thing...why would you bring a lighter into a haunt and burn things even if you ar a fire marshal. Wasn't that practice the cause of a major trailer haunt fire at Six Flags?

Allen H
07-16-2011, 10:49 AM
Yeah that practice is why "Wicker Burlap Land" theme park is never going to get off the ground.

sysasi
07-16-2011, 01:08 PM
Oh is was at transworld in the fire code class I heard that because Randy B said it was the scariest part of the haunted house season for him and that he would follow behind him with a fire extinquisher in case he forgot something

spong8
07-16-2011, 02:14 PM
..."Wicker Burlap Land" ...

How'd you know the name of my home haunt? :3

Dr Spooktakular
07-21-2011, 02:18 PM
To add to the supplies from the tutorial, I can't remember where Allen got his plastic sheeting, but I just found similar stuff at Dollar Tree today, $1 for a 9'x12' sheet, just another way to save a few more bucks.

Allen, thanks for the Pitini tip in January, waiting for my skeletons to arrive soon I hope.

hauntedkimmy
07-27-2011, 06:54 PM
Now that's just pure genius!! I wanna make one now! Too bad China is so far away cuz now I hafta wait until NEXT August or shell out the bucks for a real bucky and I'm too cheap for that! Awesome work Allen, I LOVE it!!!!!