Raycliff Manor
07-14-2011, 07:05 PM
Joplin, MO - Before and After Video
SWLvve8KN20

It's still unreal!

Kel

sysasi
07-14-2011, 07:25 PM
This is so crazy! I showed my whole family and we are all in awe. My thoughts and prayers will be towards Joplin for some time!

Tom
07-14-2011, 08:14 PM
Kel,
That was an "AWESOME" video and def shows the difference.
My brother-in-law lives there right off 20th st (in the path) and the house was totalled. All the trees (huge trees) gone. It was a miracle he survived in a closet. Others weren't so lucky.
All relatives and most friends survived. My wife Carol (from Joplin) and I showed up 4 days after the hit (awaiting street clearance and such) and it reminded me of our May 3rd tornado back in 99. It was too much to take it and brought back memories.
This video shows a REAL comparison of what was and what is.
It still freaks me out.
P.S. We have a storm shelter scheduled to be installed in two weeks. After the Joplin deal, my wife said lets do it.
Thanks again for sharing that.

Tom

Haunted Prints (EOM)
07-14-2011, 08:42 PM
There are no words to explain the devastation that took place. It's like a scene from a nuclear bomb movie.

My thoughts go out to everyone affected by this horrible event.

xxxdirk
07-14-2011, 08:50 PM
Holy crap Kel. I was almost crying. Thoughts and prayers with you and everyone.

Scary Harry
07-14-2011, 09:05 PM
Unreal, God bless everyone in Joplin.

Mad Wax Sculptor
07-14-2011, 11:17 PM
But it didnt take out
the kfc

scaremeister
07-14-2011, 11:50 PM
very hard to watch. feel for any involved.

Raycliff Manor
07-15-2011, 07:17 AM
Thanks for all the positive thoughts and energy going out for Joplin! Tom, I'm glad your family members in Joplin are all fine!

We're still in discussions with our bank and we're ready to put it all on the line to open this season in order to provide entertainment and escapism to the residents of Joplin who need it more than ever! So many lost everything!

Kel

Tom
07-15-2011, 09:24 AM
Kel,
I will def make it a point to attend your haunt this year. We plan to visit relatives/friends and your haunt will be a must be stop.
Now that I am semi out of the haunt business I have free time to come up and visit and go thru the haunt.
And yes, " provide entertainment and escapism" will be huge in this time of rebuilding for everyone there.
Thanks,
Tom

kpolley
07-15-2011, 03:54 PM
Well, I guess that now is as good a time as any to throw out our new ad for the upcoming Hauntworld Magazine. We have teamed with MissionJoplin.org to offer discounts / free merchandise to any haunt that offers time and / or money to the Joplin relief efforts through MissionJoplin.org.

I was in Joplin with MissionJoplin.org a few weeks ago and was floored by the amount of devastation still visible more than a month after the tornado. All the photos in our ad were taken at that time and show how bad things still are. Right now they need a lot of help with heavy demolition work and they can never have too many volunteers. Also, the city gets money for any volunteer hours that are clocked so you are really helping twice by going. I will be headed back down there again soon and plan to continue visits as frequently as I can until the city is put back together. I encourage all of you to do the same if it's possible or just stop by and donate some money if you can. Every little bit helps and Joplin needs a lot of help right now.

The cameras and reporters have left, but the hard work is still ahead. Please consider a donation.

Raycliff Manor
07-15-2011, 08:35 PM
Through the miracle of positive thoughts and energy, prayers, etc., and in spite of the challenges we face due to the recent tornado, we are happy to announce that the Raycliff Attractions is a definite GO for the 2011 Fall Fright Season!

Charles, Mike and all who sent emails... I can't thank you enough and I can't express how much your words and acts of kindness mean to us! Karma has a GPS and you've got great karma dialed in on you! ; )

Kel

P.S. Kip, thanks for all you are doing to help Joplin!!!

drfrightner
07-17-2011, 01:29 PM
Its hard to believe how mother nature can be so cruel sometimes. The difference between those who suffer from Hurricains and those from Tornados is when a Hurricain will strike you can plenty of warning sometimes weeks or more... you can leave. These Tornados are just the worst because there is no warning or not enough and really no where to go.

Its horrible.

Larry

Killer Katie
07-17-2011, 09:16 PM
wow. My heart is breaking. That footage is amazing. Prayers to all in and affected by Joplin. whew....

screamline studios
07-17-2011, 09:36 PM
Hey kel just give me a call if you need anything bro!!!! Sorry

jakprintsHAUNT
07-17-2011, 09:57 PM
That comparison video is just surreal. I really feel for everyone out there.

Mike "Pogo" Hach

Raycliff Manor
07-24-2011, 08:54 AM
So, after a lot of research on the programs that have been established to help those affected by the Joplin tornado, we've decided that we are going to host big Grand Opening event at the Raycliff Attractions for the 2011 Fall Season and we will be donating $1.00 from every single ticket sold that weekend to the Joplin Tornado First Response Fund, which provides aid to organizations giving direct assistance to residents affected by the tornado (for needs not met by FEMA or insurance). We just wish we could do more! We're trying to come up with a name for the event. One thought was "Screamin for Joplin", but we thought that might seem insensitive. I'd love to hear the thoughts and ideas of others!

Here's a link to the Community Foundation of Southwest Missouri, the parent company validating and coordinating the various charities established to help "rebuild Joplin".
http://rebuildjoplin.org/donate/money/363

On another note, Lee and I have been investing a great deal of time and sweat equity into renovations at Raycliff Manor and the suggestions and ideas presented by many of you have been very helpful! We've already made a number of changes that we're excited about. We're giving it everything we have this year to provide the Joplin community, and of course the entire 4-state area, a much needed "escape" and quality entertainment!:D

Thanks again everyone for your show of support!

Kel

damon carson
07-24-2011, 11:43 PM
Why not also take donations as well at the haunt for the Joplin fund. Or sell some item with your haunt and donate proceeds to it. Like a cool glow in the dark cup with writing on it for Joplin with your haunts name? Just an idea where maybe you could do more.
Damon
Frightmasters

Mike Goff
07-25-2011, 09:42 AM
The way that the people of Joplin have pulled together is nothing short of amazing. It speaks volumes about thier character and is an example for the rest of the country, on how to overcome what can seem like the impossible. Our prayers will continue to be with you.