PDA

View Full Version : Haunts under tents

Mr. Haunt
04-03-2007, 05:22 PM
What can you tell me about haunts under tents. I Know that for some haunters this was there first building, or should I say stucture, that they used to house there haunt.

Are fire codes differant then being indoors?

What about sprinklers? Are they required?

For some, building under tents has worked great. I know weather is a factor, but I think weather is a factor for every haunt in some way.

I have seen cool pictures, and I thought this subject should be disscussed.

What are some of the Pros and Cons of a "tent haunt"?

Nightmaretony
04-03-2007, 05:49 PM
Tents over 1,000 sq feet do have to be sprinklered. Some localities I hear may be requiring tents for under 1k to sprinkler, I am not sure. If you elect to use multiple tents, they have to be a distance of at least 20 feet apart as a firebreak.

A professional company has to install the sprinklers. There are no known do it yourself portable sprinkler systems approved.

Yet.

SomeThingInTheIce
04-04-2007, 08:30 AM
Check out cloth bulidings, these things are great. Just do a google for cloth buildings. One site even has a photo of a haunted house in one, I'll look for it again and post the link. Halloween Horror Nights Orlando had two haunts in them last year.

MMManiac
04-04-2007, 03:34 PM
i hear so many horror stories with haunts being under haunts with the wind and rain and what not. Right now in WI we're having 40+ MPH winds... it would easily rip a tent down. Although some locations might not have as bad as weather as we can in Oct...

Sean

Jim Warfield
04-04-2007, 04:41 PM
Make a tent an underground tent with about five feet of dirt on top of it, then the wind wouldn't be messing with it, or sew up a tent to resemble a big woman with a billowy dress on then watch how much traffic pulls in off the main road just to look up her dress. "Promotion" or "Perversion"?
What ever lifts your skirt?

SomeThingInTheIce
04-04-2007, 04:44 PM
I can't find the web site that had the photo of the haunt, also google fabric building, you'll get more hits.

SpFXChic
04-05-2007, 12:41 PM
Pros (a few of the many):
You can change your location if you need to!
If it's hot, you just fold back the flaps for instant air conditioning. :)
It's not hard to move things into or out of for set up/tear down.

Cons (a few of the many):
It's still cold in your tent if it's cold outside!
Tents don't have the awesome feeling of a creepy building without putting a lot of detail into your haunt itself.
Weather is a BIG factor - especially in Colorado

As far as fire codes, etc., it's best to check with your local fire inspector/chief and ask for details specific to your locale. Things can vary greatly, even from city to city.