PDA

View Full Version : New Fx Faces Rip Off Clown is unleashed!

boneefx
04-04-2007, 09:45 AM
Hello all,
We're proud to release our newest design, the FX Faces Rip Off Clown! For those of you not familiar with our Rip Off concept, it is a double stacked foam latex prosthetic with 16 mini magnets embedded in the foam and reinforced with powernet material. Take a peek at : www.boneyardfx.com/fxfaces.htm

Thanks! Larry Bones - Bone Yard Effects, Inc www.boneyardfx.com

campdoc
04-04-2007, 01:17 PM
Kinda looks like a used car saleman i know!,
just kidding..Nice job..
The rip-off Zombie looks real nice too.

Tater
04-04-2007, 09:39 PM
Larry as always looks awesome just got me one to wear at parades. Thanks for the great products

dr0zombie
04-04-2007, 09:55 PM
Great clown Larry .... I even dig that blue wig. I need one for work to cut down on the people walking up and asking me questions... :twisted:

bodybagging
04-05-2007, 05:27 AM
GREAT JOB BONEYARDFX!

Jonathan
04-05-2007, 07:00 AM
Larry it was great to have some drinks with you at the Crowne man. Fun times.

Well, I think the new Rip Off is pretty Frickin sweet man. Keep up the good work, you never stop amazing me man.

boneefx
04-05-2007, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the nice comments Guys! We have more Rip off designs in the works as well as new standard Fx Faces Prosthetics! We'll keep you all informed as we release them! Larry Bones - www.Boneyardfx.com

MMManiac
04-05-2007, 10:38 AM
Boneefx- one of my haunt workers bought a bunch of your masks the last day at transworld and let me tell you we LOVE them. We are diffently going to be buying alot more for all our cast this year! Keep up the good work and love the rip off clown

Sean

Ironman
04-05-2007, 10:43 AM
They all look great, and the rip off concept is fantastic.

SpFXChic
04-05-2007, 01:19 PM
Wow, Larry! We liked the zombie rip-off we purchased last year! Our cast was excited when I passed on your link for the clown rip-off! You've definitely got them hooked! Great work!

drfrightner
04-05-2007, 01:22 PM
NICE WORK!!!!!!!

Larry

boneefx
04-05-2007, 04:21 PM
Wow! Thanks again for all your kind comments! It's nice to know that our products are making the grade with all of you!

Oh, Tater... Your Rip Off Clown was shipped out today! You should have it by tomorrow or Saturday! Larry Bones www.BoneYardFx.com

HauntVentFX
04-06-2007, 03:32 PM
Within 24 hours after adding Larry's new foam latex appliances to the Haunted Ventures FX web site we received a half dozen inquiries about them. And we received a few more inquires over the next few days. No orders to send to you, Larry, but there is definite interest in them! Great job as usual on the new appliances!!! :D

Tater
04-06-2007, 06:04 PM
Larry

I got the Clown today in the mail and i just wanted to say how awesome it looks. Really good attention to detail. Thanks again for the quick service and i will be talking to you later.

boneefx
04-06-2007, 11:54 PM
Wow! Alot of feedback here! I want to take advantage of this and ask "what would you, as haunters, want to see in prosthetics that aren't available today?" As we work on new designs, it would be great feedback to hear from you! Larry

Tater
04-07-2007, 10:16 PM
Larry what about an evil ringmaster because every good clown has to have an evil ringmaster.

Empressnightshade
04-08-2007, 08:10 AM
It looks great, but I do have a question:

The two pieces are unpainted, so what do you paint them with? I cannot see makeup working with all the ripping off and replacing you're having to do umpteen times per night.

Infoamtek
04-08-2007, 08:37 AM
Use PAX paint. It's a mixture of Prosaide and acrylic paints. Sticks to foam like crazy and stretches with the piece.

boneefx
04-08-2007, 09:38 AM
John is correct here. We actually working on a step by step tutorial using Pax paint. Thats what we used for the Rip off Clown. I'm hoping to have that up by the end of today. It will appears when its done .. www.Boneyardfx.com/tips.htm Larry Bones - www.BoneYardFx.com

Nightgore
04-08-2007, 09:45 AM
Can PAX paints be used with an airbrush? -Tyler

boneefx
04-08-2007, 10:48 AM
It's possible to spray pax, but I only suggest it with a extrenal mix brush like a Paasche "H". Since it is half adhesive, it can dry in your brush very quickly leaving you have to completely break down your brush to clean it out. It's easier to put down a layer of Pros-aide and spray your straight acrylic down. You then seal with another layer of Pros-aide sandwiching in the acrylics. Larry

boneefx
04-08-2007, 01:01 PM
Okay everyone,
The tutorial on Pax Painting the Rip off Clown is finished and online! Take a peek at www.BoneYardFx.com/tips.htm Let me know if you have any feedback. Thanks! Larry

Empressnightshade
04-08-2007, 05:30 PM
Thanks!!

PumpkinHead
04-08-2007, 06:07 PM
Awesome piece, Larry.
I just realized that your studio is less than 10 minutes away from my house. Does that qualify me for a free tour? lol.
Again, great work, the rip off concept is awesome and I am glad you are expanding it into new characters!

Infoamtek
04-08-2007, 06:39 PM
The easiest way to airbrush foam latex is to first apply the base PAX with a sponge and let dry. Then, using FW acrylic inks and 99% alcohol, airbrush the coloring you want (highlights,shadows, etc...) onto the base color. Then finish by lightly powdering with a translucent setting powder to remove stickiness. On my pieces I do airbrush the basecoat on, using this nasty old Badger airbrush you could spray mud through. I keep it from clogging by spraying alcohol through it between pieces.
BTW I make my PAX with 1/3 No Tack Prosaide, 1/3 Tube acrylic colors and 1/3 Acrylic Matte Medium.

boneefx
04-08-2007, 06:55 PM
Pumpkinhead,
Give me a call and we can set up sometime for you to come on by the studio! It would be great to meet you. The number is 800-878-0566

John, you should try Skin illustrator's sprayable colors. No need for the Pax base! It maintains better flexibility as well.

Larry

Infoamtek
04-08-2007, 07:13 PM
Hey Larry,

I find the FW inks less expensive and the amount of pigments more controllable when I'm painting the Haunting Faces prosthetics. When I'm applying unpainted pieces to an actor, I'll apply a blood red PAX base to the piece and a little beyond, and then airbrush on multiple layers and colors of StaColor, Matt Mungle's brand of alcohol based makeups. This technique, I've found, looks and photographs very well.

boneefx
04-08-2007, 07:22 PM
John,
There are a thousands ways to skin a cat, so to speak. Just about every makeup artist I know has their own way of doing things. Sometimes, the cheapest way isn't necessarily the best, but whatever works for you is what works for you. It's all down to the end result, right?

By the way, your new chimp face is pretty cool! Larry

Jonathan
04-09-2007, 10:02 AM
Sweet masks Larry, I think this one is pretty slick. And Thank you once again for giving one away for the show.

I think the paint your own is a sweet concept, because there is so much I would want to do to personalize it. Did you get the step by ste up on the site yet as how to paint it to look like your model?

boneefx
04-09-2007, 10:06 AM
Jonathan,
Thanks Man! Yes, we finished the step-by-step yesterday and uploaded into our Tips & Tricks pages. Take a look ... www.Boneyardfx.com/tips.htm

Your very welcome for the Easter Rip Off Giveaway! You promote us. We promote you! :) Larry

drfrightner
04-11-2007, 05:11 AM
Larry,

I was glad to see you beat cancer, got your hair back, and was back at Transworld Show where you belong!

I still have those Monkees in my haunted house!!!

Anyway good job!

Larry

boneefx
04-11-2007, 05:35 AM
Larry,
I'm a little confused by your post! Although it has been a few years since we exhibited at Transworld, I have never had cancer( knock on wood) and I have always had more than hair than most (although receding a bit since my youth). And Monkeys? That one really confused me! Perhaps your confusing me with someone else? Larry Bones