PDA

View Full Version : Search lights

xtremecreator
07-22-2011, 08:58 PM
Hi Everyone,

i know last year I believe thier was a post about searchlights. I cant find it.....

anyhow, anyone know of cheap rental or purchases.

I know thier not cheap to begin with but trying to find the best deal.

Thanks in advance....

john

Thorswings
07-22-2011, 11:33 PM
I picked one up cheap of ebay 2 years ago and its great. But I got lucky on that one. They are usually pretty spendy and are expensive to rent. One thing though. Dont try to get by with a small cheep one. They dont work for nothing. If your going to get one get a good one. Mine people see for miles and wonder what the heck it is. Especially since we are out in the country and we are in a area were there just are not any search lights used EVER. In fact you cant rent one even in our area.

xtremecreator
07-23-2011, 09:55 AM
Thanks for the info.

I was looking at the skyscan4000 . Has a 4 mile range. Are you familar with that model?

Can you take a look and tell me what you think?

much appreciated. Link below

http://cgi.ebay.com/Grand-Opening-Huge-Real-SEARCHLIGHT-Sky-Spot-Airplane-/370226196792?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5633337138

I wanted at least 2 but want a better price.

Thank You,
John

DDJR
07-23-2011, 11:33 AM
Ive been in searchlights for close to 15 years now. You cant go wrong with xenon although. I have never heard for this light before. there are a few things that scare me about it a true xenon bulb like i put in my skytrakers run about $900.00 per bulb power supplys for a xenon bulb about $4,000.00 the price just does not make sence. I would do some do dilegence on this product before purchaseing

xtremecreator
07-24-2011, 01:06 PM
Your wealth of knowledge is appreciated.

thank you