PDA

View Full Version : Hauntcon 2012 is in...

Badger
08-04-2011, 08:59 PM
From Facebook: Take it for what it is...

It's official. HAuNTcon : Haunted Attraction National Tradeshow & Convention will be in Pittsburgh, PA in 2012 - May 2-7, 2012.

Bradenton Haunted Trail
08-04-2011, 09:05 PM
Well does anyone know of any good Haunts there? I will go if the Haunt tour is good cant wait to here the haunt list.

Thank you
Shawn
Twisted Woods

hauntedkimmy
08-04-2011, 09:08 PM
I'm in central PA, probably about 6 hours from Pitt. I can look around the Pitt area and see whats out there. I'm more familiar with the Philly area haunts.

Badger
08-04-2011, 09:10 PM
Hundred Acres Manor is an absolutely STELLAR haunt and I would assume it's on the list.

Scarehouse is there too but I have not been there. I know there are a few more...

graystone
08-04-2011, 09:10 PM
ANy word on where MHC is going to be? Shane and it's LMAO! Shane

Haunted Prints (EOM)
08-04-2011, 09:26 PM
Bring it back to Texas Leanord.

So many haunts ready to spread there legs for the haunt tour.

Allen H
08-04-2011, 09:39 PM
Fright Land is pretty close to there, and Jasons woods is within Bus tour range, as well as maybe some Maryland haunts, could be good.

Haunted Prints (EOM)
08-04-2011, 09:45 PM
I would love to check out The Bates Complex, Well Township, Eastern State Penn and the haunts Allen mentioned.

krazedklownkilla
08-04-2011, 09:57 PM
The Horror FIleds TEAM will be at this show who else is going???

jakprintsHAUNT
08-04-2011, 10:00 PM
Really sucks that it is the same weekend as National Haunters Convention this year...thats a tough one for people that want to hit both, at least last year it was still not optimal, but more feasible.

I would assume that the haunt tours would stick closer to Western PA, especially with NHC on the other end, and the Legendary Tour going to the 3 bigger ones on that side of the state. Thats a bit of a drive over there too. Curious to see who ends up being on the tour....this one is definitely closer for me this time.

Mike "Pogo" Hach

damon carson
08-04-2011, 11:45 PM
I mean wth why is it the same weekend? Is Leonard tryin to kill off these other tradeshows? This just doesnt happen by accident. I dont really care about any of the other tradeshows accept maybe MHC. But give me Transworld anyday over any of them. I mean from what ive seen they dont even come close. I wish Hauntcon would just fold if they are the ones instigating this. I dont know who is really to blame?
Damon
Frightmasters

Mad Wax Sculptor
08-05-2011, 10:57 AM
I guess ill sit this one out and wait for Texas to come around again

the ogre
08-05-2011, 11:00 AM
Jasons woods pennhurst, bates, shocktoberfest are all about 5 hours away from pitts. im from philadelphia and most that i named are like 45 mins to an hour from me. thats a long bus ride.

Haunted Prints (EOM)
08-05-2011, 12:08 PM
So what haunts are near (within a 30 - 60 minutes) Pittsuburg worth visiting?

DeathRattle
08-05-2011, 12:43 PM
So I almost called. I posted awhile back that I thought it was going to be in Philadelphia. Got the state but not the city. Haunted Acres Manor is the big one in Pittsburgh. Don't know what else is out there but all the big Philly attractions are pretty far: Eastern state, Bates Motel, Pennhurst Asylum. The couple in Lancaster area like Jason's wood etc might be doable by bus.

sean
08-05-2011, 03:00 PM
We're about 40 minutes from downtown (dahn-tahn) Pittsburgh

drfrightner
08-05-2011, 06:37 PM
It would not have been my first choice because MHC did a tour there a couple season ago ... I know they did Kennywood, and a bunch of other haunts.

I would have picked Boston or the New York area or even Buffalo tons of haunts there plus Niagara Falls.

I'm sure he'll go to Kennywood to see Ghost Wood Estates.

We'll have to see how this works.

Larry

hauntedkimmy
08-05-2011, 07:23 PM
Jason's Woods, Eastern State Penn, and most of the others mentioned are all Philly area haunts, at least 5 hour drive from Pitt one way so I doubt do-able for a bus trip. :(

Since NHC is the same weekend, I'll probably be attending there because it's closer to me. Doesn't sound like there's too many in the Pitt area for tours. That's a bummer. :(

hauntedkimmy
08-05-2011, 07:30 PM
Sounds like ScareHouse and Hundred Acres Manor are the two biggies for the Pitt area.

Darkblood
08-05-2011, 10:08 PM
I live about 2 hours north of Pittsburgh...might have to make it to my first HauntCon.
I attend MHC each year.
I know of Scarehouse, Hundred Acre Manor, Demon House, and Castle Blood. I think there are a couple more on our side of the state but I can't remember offhand. I haven't seen any of these, as I'm always working/building/running our haunt during their times of operation...LOL!

spookhaven
08-06-2011, 04:15 PM
Glad to hear it's in Pennsylvania. We might just have to take our crew to the first HauntCon. Will wait for updates on the haunt tour.

drfrightner
08-06-2011, 04:18 PM
I think there will be a lot to tour here... again my only concern is MHC did a tour in this area what a year ago. I'm sure they will hit Ghostwood Estates at Kennywood, 100 Acres Manor, I wouldn't be surprised if Gravely doesn't open Castle Blood he's in that neck of the woods. I'm sure there will be lots to tour. In case you don't know ... Batman Rises is filming in Pittsburgh right now. This is the main location for the new Batman movie among other films as well. Its a really interesting city to say the least, I like it there.

Larry

Haunted Prints (EOM)
08-06-2011, 09:24 PM
When will you move transworld outside if your home town of saint lowie? If you do, what would be your first choice?

chuck weber
08-06-2011, 10:26 PM
jason's woods is a 4 hour ride from there.(pittsburgh) jason's woods is near millersville university.

Scaren Karen
08-09-2011, 02:41 AM
Not sure that will happen as Ricky Dick is on Board of Directors for NHC.

Scaren Karen

jakprintsHAUNT
08-09-2011, 02:57 AM
When will you move transworld outside if your home town of saint lowie? If you do, what would be your first choice?

Transworld (Halloween Costume and Party Show/Halloween and Attractions Show) is put on by Transworld Exhibits...not Larry, hence the name of the show... It is not a traveling show like Hauntcon. With attendance growing likely wont see it going anywhere for some time, unless they offer a second show like they used to with Vegas again.

Mike "Pogo" Hach

BruiseMuse
08-09-2011, 11:57 AM
I'm really hoping to see Scarehouse open for the show.

legendsofthefog
08-10-2011, 10:07 AM
I am glad to see hauntcon somewhere within driving distance for us. Every year we do an east coast road trip to visit haunts that are open during the week or sundays when we're not. 2 years ago we went to scarehouse in Pittsburgh (about 5 hours from us) then came back to the Bates Motel the next night. All the eastern haunts are within reach.