PDA

View Full Version : RANK 1st on GOOGLE!

UnDeRTaKer313
08-07-2011, 07:08 PM
Check out my website
(http://creative-gravity.com/)
HELLO HAUNTERS! so i sent emails out to hundreds of haunted houses a few weeks ago, gauging the interest of the haunt industry in my new SEO company. The response wasn't very good, and I was disappointed that our industry is not taking Search Engine Optimization more seriously and getting their attractions to rank instead of wasting thousands of dollars EVERY YEAR on google adwords. Shoot me an email or give me a call and we can talk about what this can really do for your attendance!

http://creative-gravity.com/
(http://creative-gravity.com/)

krazedklownkilla
08-08-2011, 08:03 PM
Horror Fields is in it first season in 2011. we started back in april on getting our rankings up. It took some doing but last week we made our goal. It will truely help I can tell how we did it too send me an im.

Haunted Illinois
08-08-2011, 08:57 PM
Actually, most serious haunts take search engine optimization very seriously. If you search for them on Google, you’ll find most of them within the first page of results. They seem to be doing fine.

Conversely, if you go to Google and search for “search engine optimization”, your website doesn’t even come up in the first ten pages worth of results.

If you can’t even get your own website a decent placement on Google, how can haunted houses expect you to get them top placement?

UnDeRTaKer313
08-08-2011, 09:33 PM
i guess really what it comes down to.
I am selling an SEO technique that is very close to being one of a kind.
There are a lot of SEO companies out there that take advantage of customers and even get them blacklisted.
If you can't trust me, that is your decision.

I am a fellow haunter, and a member of this board. I have acquired a skill from some of the Top SEO companies in the country and I am looking to share it with a community that is near and dear to me!

If you would like my help getting your site to rank higher, let me know...
otherwise, just pray your competition dosen't call me =)

http://creative-gravity.com/

Haunted Illinois
08-08-2011, 10:28 PM
So I guess the true test is where the rubber meets the road.

Can you give references? Which haunts have you gotten #1 placement for on Google?

RJ Productions
08-09-2011, 03:36 AM
Adam's not being a dick here, he's actually asking a legitmate question.
If you are selling a program that can optimize your site it only makes sense that you would utilize it yourself to rank your own site!!

Asking for references is also pretty standard. If I claim to be a master custom prop builder, I should be able to produce examples of my work!

It's not a matter of trust, it's a matter of simple business procedure!

I would definately provide as many customers as possible and you will definately pick up a few more!!

UnDeRTaKer313
08-09-2011, 04:24 AM
3 weeks of this program and I got my haunt to 3rd on google for Cleveland Haunted Houses. By october 1st we will be 1st, and on the first page for haunted houses ohio. We have huge competition and just gotta wait for the entire backlink network to kick in.

We are currently 1st for "scariest haunted house in cleveland".
We are #4/5 for. "Scariest haunted house in ohio",

I optimized a google maps listing for #1 for "toledo personal trainers" (yes it can be done, it is just expensive and time consuming)
Also optimized our haunted houses map listing, #1 for any "cleveland haunted house"

Most of my stories which are DUPLICATE content on americascreams.com rank in top 3 for their keywords. It is not possible to rank higher with duplicate content, the site is just a syndication site.

How's that?
want to rank for your competitors name? Let me know!

Jim Warfield
08-09-2011, 12:30 PM
Some local people in my town may be a bit rankled when they type in Mount Carroll, Ill, and the first thing that pops up is The Ravens Grin Inn!
I didn't do it, I can't help it if my place is the most popular thing people are searching for in this town! (It's a small town)

UnDeRTaKer313
08-10-2011, 09:31 PM
made our way up to 2nd today for "Cleveland Haunted Houses".
Talking to a few haunts so far that might be starting this week.

I have an affiliate program set up, for $50 a month for each client you refer for as long as they are a customer
http://creative-gravity.com/affiliate-program/

spookjj
08-13-2011, 11:20 PM
All... please take into consideration the Panda updates google is doing, nothing is for certain until these updates subside( I believe), some of the SEO techniques might not quite work the way they used to, just fyi and something to read up on it.

UnDeRTaKer313
08-14-2011, 08:32 AM
That's the main reason I would like to people to hop on board because we are one of the few seo firms that's system still works with the new updates. It is seeming to work even better now!

JamBam
08-15-2011, 06:55 AM
We used to be on the third page of google using the key words haunted and hotel. Then about four or five years ago we climbed to number three/four depending on if you count the video listing of the number one that sometimes is a sepreate listing and sometimes as a sub listing of them. The name of my haunt is Haunted Hotel with the subtitle 13th Floor added to differentiate us from the San Diego and Louisville Haunted Hotels. They are consistently number one and two. Sometimes we and the Louisville location and us switch places depending on googles algorithym I guess.

If you search haunted hotel 13 we have five of the top ten listings. If you search haunted huntington we are number one.

The key to a grat way to rank high is through a unique key word or name. If you search some of the unique event names you will see what I mean. If you search fearfair or fear fair you will find that Brett Hayes has accomplished 8 of the top 10 listings. Search haunted hotel 13 and we have 6 of top 10 listings. Search my old corn maze haunt event, jambam and haunt, and we have 9 of top 10 listings. Try Brett Herbst's corm maze cornbellys or corn bellys and you will find an outstanding 10 of 10 listings and 9 of 10 listings. So you see the first thing you need to do is have Brett for a first name and a unique event name second and you too can be as successful as the Brett club. LOL

The name and domain name is very important to name recognition and search engine optimization. It will save you lots of money and be known instantly by people. The key words people will use to find you are just as important. Your web host provider should be able to give you a report on the key words used to find your website. Google analytics also help to find out where they are coming from as far as geographically.

UnDeRTaKer313
08-15-2011, 07:50 AM
some good advice!
I would reccomend that your end goal is not to rank for the name of your haunt.
It is to rank for "haunted houses -your city-" or "haunted houses -your state-"

Go into google keyword tool and check how many times the name of your haunted house name is searched and compare it to how many times haunted houses in your area area searched.

Haunted Prints (EOM)
08-15-2011, 08:29 AM
I agree with Nick, you should focus more on ranking your site based on a non specific search over a search for your haunt name specifically. You are trying to obtain the random customer who is searching for a haunted house near them.

Focus your SEO on location and activity.

1. Your city and surrounding cities.
2. Your zip code and surrounding zip codes.
3. Your state.

1. Haunted House
2. Halloween Event/Festival
3. Haunted Attraction

Free Guide From Google to get your feet wet..
http://static.googleusercontent.com/external_content/untrusted_dlcp/www.google.com/en/us/webmasters/docs/search-engine-optimization-starter-guide.pdf

Local SEO Guide:
http://www.localseoguide.com/how-to-update-your-internet-yellow-pages-listings-for-free/

UnDeRTaKer313
08-15-2011, 02:33 PM
Exactly!
Also as for ranking for the name of your haunted house.
This really shouldn't be anything you have to work at.

UnDeRTaKer313
08-15-2011, 02:36 PM
Those guides you posted are good to help people get started and at least to understand the concept of SEO, but it is really outdated so don't focus on the methods too much.
Google dosen't want SEO to even exist because then they can charge people for adwords.

UnDeRTaKer313
08-16-2011, 03:35 PM
Just had a few haunted houses sign up today.
Can't release their names, but i would suggest contacting me today if you are even slightly interested, don't let your competition beat you to the punch!