PDA

View Full Version : Distortions Unlimited Rocking Granny, Anyone use it?

themagicofjustinarrigo
08-17-2011, 02:20 PM
I just received mine. I planned on using this prop in the haunt. But realized shortly after sitting it in a chair and running it for a while, that the chair will move pretty quickly. The directions say not to hold it in place with anything like a rope or chain. Any ideas on how to make it stay in one spot and not move? I was thinking of using sheet rock framing as like a track, and put the rockers in the grooves. I am not sure if anyone else has a better idea oh getting this prop to stay in place and not move around. Any ideas?

Dr Spooktakular
08-18-2011, 08:25 AM
Do you have her in a regular chair or a rocking chair. Let me know and I can tell you how to quickly and easily solve this situation, it's easy.

themagicofjustinarrigo
08-18-2011, 08:39 AM
It is in a rocking chair!
Thanks,
Justin

Dr Spooktakular
08-18-2011, 09:40 AM
What kind of floor is the rocking chair on?

You may have to put the chair on a wood base of some sort. Find where the center of the rocking chair is where it touches the floor, mark the chair, then take an eyelet screw and put one on each side of the chair, then take a long thicker screw (lag screws) and with a fender washer, screw the screw through the eyelet screw into the floor, leave about 2" clearance from the top of the screw to the eyelet.

The chair will easily rock while staying in place.

FYI - Make sure you screw granny into the chair, if you don't, once the chair is screwed down, she will move instead of the chair. I put a screw in the base between her legs and another one in the back.

themagicofjustinarrigo
08-18-2011, 10:03 AM
Thanks for your info. I kind of understand what you are talking about. The floor is cement with a carpet covering. Do you have a pic of your set up so I can get a better understanding of what you mean?
Thanks again,
Justin

Dr Spooktakular
08-18-2011, 02:06 PM
Here's a picture of one from TW, they put there's on the inside, I put my hardware on the outside, doesn't really matter. Plus, they used a nut on there eyelet, I just got one that was like a regular screw, predrilled my hole and screwed the eyelet screw in, the nut idea was too much hassle.