PDA

View Full Version : MY FIRST CORPSING with Allen Tips

Trail of Terror
08-25-2011, 01:58 PM

He is my first corpsing with sheathing and renolds wrap. Tell me what you this and I am open for tips ... really not great of the painting yet...

hauntedkimmy
08-25-2011, 04:00 PM
Did the saran type wrap work as well as the drop cloths Allen used in the video? Never thought of using that! Great idea!!! And I see you used a blow molded skellie...how did he hold up to the heat gun? I have one sitting around in my barn that I could use to give this a try but was afraid he wouldn't hold up too well to the heat.

Looking good too. I think I would hit it with some antiquing type stain now to bring out the aged effects and texture...maybe a chocolately orange tinted stain or go the other way with one in the greys, like a zombie like pallor. And maybe some yellows (can you tell I love the painting process, LOL). Good looking corpse!

Trail of Terror
08-25-2011, 05:09 PM
the wrap worked really well didnt take much heat to melt, so that helped with the cheaper skeleton I use... I just cut the ribs out and bones to give it the hollow effect... I wrapped each part 3 to 5 times with the wrap... Thanks on the painting tips... I scared to try it but I will.. I got 4 more to make..

Did the saran type wrap work as well as the drop cloths Allen used in the video? Never thought of using that! Great idea!!! And I see you used a blow molded skellie...how did he hold up to the heat gun? I have one sitting around in my barn that I could use to give this a try but was afraid he wouldn't hold up too well to the heat.

Looking good too. I think I would hit it with some antiquing type stain now to bring out the aged effects and texture...maybe a chocolately orange tinted stain or go the other way with one in the greys, like a zombie like pallor. And maybe some yellows (can you tell I love the painting process, LOL). Good looking corpse!

hauntedkimmy
08-25-2011, 05:38 PM
Cool! I know, it's so scary to put more paint on it! I always get nervous too! If you go with a stain, you can wipe it off right away if you think it's too much. Give it a try on the backside too to see if you like it.

Good luck with making more! I am so going to have to try this! Now to find the ambition, LOL!