PDA

View Full Version : Who's Going... Rocky Point Haunted House Auction

drfrightner
04-10-2007, 03:03 PM
I'm sure you've all already heard about this auction... I got the flyer in the mail a couple days ago...very impressive.

However I've been talking with friends, and some are saying they're not going. Some say too hard to move stuff out, or they think it could all go high, blah, blah.

I'm going for sure!!! Who is going? Who isn't going and why? This is one of the best haunted houses ever created, and I mean EVER!

We're talking about 60,000 plus square feet!

I'd like to know who's going and when will you get betting there. There is a viewing of the equipment the night before I think from 4-7pm.

I will be there. Who else is going? For more information on the auction go to www.nortonauctioneers.com

Thanks
Larry

Mike Bizub
04-10-2007, 11:07 PM
A couple of us from Ghouls Gulch are going out. We are bringing a trailer so we should be there late afternoon. Mike

drfrightner
04-11-2007, 01:17 AM
So I take it you're buying stuff?

LOL

Larry

Nightmaretony
04-11-2007, 01:29 AM
Not going, already still trying to put away 11 trailer loads of haunt walls and props from the Haunted Vineyard (let me tell you, it was freakin hilarious to be going down the freeway in cow country with 2 redneck outhouses in the trailer! :D

MMManiac
04-11-2007, 07:55 AM
Want to go but its too far, and no way of getting stuff back home... Wish I could go though!

Ken Spriggs
04-11-2007, 08:50 AM
Ok I don't ever want to hear the excuse

"I have no way to bring the stuff back if I buy it"

If anyone in this industry needs ANYTHING moved I may be able to help.
I run a logistics company in Chicago and we have connections with trucking companies ALL OVER THE PLACE.

PM me if you need something moved.

For a reference call Ghostride....we moved thier shop to Washington for them.

I could ship that whole haunted house any where in the USA

SOOOOO let me know

spookologist
04-11-2007, 09:11 AM
I'd love to go but it's just too much of a hassle to ship things back to CT. Although I was looking up flights last night just in case I decided to go and check it out. I've still never seen it. Maybe to just have something from there would be cool too.
I'm guessing the big budgeted parks will buy the major scenes to try to duplicate what she has done. But unless they have her passion it will be hard to accomplish. I really hope she comes back and does something eventually.

Lots of luck to the bidders.

Wayne

www.trailofterror.com

spookologist
04-11-2007, 09:14 AM
Maybe I will go then, thanks Ken!!!!!!!

brad
04-11-2007, 11:01 AM
Man I wish I could go!! It wont be an issue of bringing the stuff back, it's just I dont know if I will be available to go! AAAHHHHHH!!!!! Maybe something will show up on eBay.

Mike Bizub
04-11-2007, 12:31 PM
Yes we plan on buying. We saved part of our Transworld budget for this auction. We were not sure if there would be many bargains but if a lot people dont go , who knows maybe we will get lucky. Mike

stafford
04-11-2007, 05:23 PM
We're going, what we buy will depend on the price things are going for. Some auctions things seem to go for near what you could buy/build them for. With some of the recent auction results though, I'm curious to see how it goes.

spookologist
04-22-2007, 10:02 PM
Yup, we're going.....Just booked our flights and we're staying at the Red Lion.

See you there.

Wayne

lurker
04-22-2007, 10:45 PM
Iím an auction freak. I love collecting antiques, and junk for my haunt. Iíve never been to a haunted house auction, but I canít imagine getting any deals at this one. People wonít just be bidding on the itemís face value, but on itís nostalgia value. I imagine things will go at insane prices, but I could be wrong. Good luck to all that bid, and try not to get caught up in any bidding wars.

stafford
04-26-2007, 07:21 PM
So what's everyone's plans after the auction preview on Friday evening?

ISCAREU
04-26-2007, 10:20 PM
7 FLOORS OF HELL from Cleveland Ohio will be there looking to buy lots of items.
Sure helps when my Father in law owns a trucking company!!! We have 2 53' semi trailers headed that way just in case we buy lots!
We fly out first thing Friday morning! see everyone there!
Rodney

zimmerman
04-27-2007, 09:00 AM
I can't get to Rocky Point this weekend but if anyone anticipates bringing props back through the Central Illinois area let me know! I would like to find someone to bid for me on a few items - the Scarefactory gravedigger and a few other props!

drfrightner
04-28-2007, 06:14 AM
Im leaving my house to fly into Salt Lake only to arrive at 10:10 and fly home at 3:30pm. I won't be there long but I will bring back some cool pics and some news about how it went.

Check back soon!

Larry

Jim Warfield
04-28-2007, 07:31 AM
Remember Larry, when Flying it pays to always use a plane!
Flocks of sparrows trapped in a big net, hanging from a harness beneath them would leave your clothes kind of messy by you eventual arrival.
(And all the stewardesses on this Bird-Line have such skinny legs! And eat worms!)