PDA

View Full Version : Airbrush makeup system advice needed

Duke of Darkness
10-30-2011, 02:52 AM
Hey guys,

As the season winds down and I begin to look towards next season (I know, I should finish this one first, but I can't help myself) I am thinking that I need to learn to help out more in the makeup area. We had our main makeup artist get sick and miss a few days this season and I found my skills a bit lacking. I have decided that I want to start learning to do airbrush makeup. I am planning to buy an airbrush and compressor system so that I can spend the year practicing and be ready for next season.

So, my question is, is there anything special I should look for when ordering these items, keeping makeup work in mind? Preferred brand names? Gravity feed vs. siphon cups? Any other special features that I could look for?

Any advice appreciated. Thanks,

Dave

Allen H
10-30-2011, 03:16 AM
Dave,
I do alot of airbrush make up at my show, I wrote a word doc up for a class a few years back- it has alot of the info you requested. I have also made an airbrush make up DVD just for haunted houses. I also plan on being at west coast hauntcon and I would be glad to do a class or two there, just need to see what Ed wants class wise.
I hope this helps you,
Allen H
LINK http://www.stiltbeaststudios.com/About.html

Duke of Darkness
10-30-2011, 03:43 AM
Hey Allen,

I will probably be presenting at the West Coast Haunters Convention as well. I was supposed to last year, but ended up hurting my back and couldn't make it. I was actually already pointed toward your DVD and do plan to order it in the near future. A class on the subject would be awesome. Thanks for the post.

Dave

soultrkr
10-30-2011, 06:43 AM
I have Allens DVD on airbrush makeup it is worth every penny. Lots of great information that will save you alot of money and speed up your makeup process.

Allen H
10-30-2011, 09:22 AM
I tried to attach my free airbrush make up document but it didnt work- If it doesent work this time then please email me and i will send it to you-
stiltbeast@gmail.com