PDA

View Full Version : Missing the coupon economic

HauntedPaws
11-30-2011, 08:19 AM
Why would you have a $10 or $5 coupon? Why not just lower the price? Are businesses kicking in $$$ to be on the coupon?

SCfearfarm
11-30-2011, 09:03 AM
We did coupons for a few reasons. The most important reason was that we would do a $2 off coupon for facebook, each newspaper, flyer, business card, etc. We kept every coupon turned in and at the end of the week we could see which form of advertising paid off. This tells us where we would should steer more money/effort for the next year. If you just do ads, they can promise you so many readers/followers but you never really know how your ad performed. Also, I know for a fact that a few customers saw the coupon and came to the haunted house that wouldnt have come without the coupon. That extra 2 dollars was enough for them to say "I'll try it out since I got the coupon" So, I had rather have the $13 (instead of full price of $15) rather than $0. I was also surprised at how many people didn't use a coupon. Only about 25% of our customers actually took advantage of the $2 off, so it was definately worth it for us.

HauntedPaws
11-30-2011, 09:17 AM
Couldn't you have used the lost revenue from the coupon to just have more radio or tv ads?

SCfearfarm
11-30-2011, 09:26 AM
I dont think we lost any revenue at all, I think we gained revenue....that's what I'm saying. We put coupons at other haunted houses etc. and they picked them up and came to ours. Without the coupons they would have never picked them up and come at all. If you give coupons to facebook friends then they will all want to be your friend and you can email them, put pictures up etc. and they will see them. If you put coupons on your website that makes them visit your website....once they are there they will see how nice your haunt looks and want to come.....If anything coupons helped us gain revenue, not lose it.

HauntedPaws
11-30-2011, 09:30 AM
For those putting business logos such as Pepsi or a fast food place on their coupon is there some sorta of "deal" established?

Jim Warfield
12-02-2011, 05:05 PM
You must name your first born "Pepsi"!
When my sister was filling out a job application the girl next to her filled out the form, her first and middle name, named after her parents two most favorite things.. her name was Pepsi Maruiana.