PDA

View Full Version : The Darkness - Terror Visions - The Haunting Lemp Haunt Tour March 8, 9, 10

drfrightner
01-27-2012, 04:43 AM
Okay let me say this I think a lot of people in this industry are idiots, I've talked to them I know, but let me say for the record I'm the BIGGEST ONE of all them... LOL

I erased my own thread on the Darkness renovation thread. So all the updates, photos, everything GONE! That thread had 8000 views, and now I have to start over ... so we'll just pick up where I left off early today. Sorry! One of my favorite words is IDIOT I call 100 people a day idiot but I also call myself one at least 75 out of the 100. And today is no exception.

Let me say for the record that I was up today well its almost 5am. I worked at the haunted tonight until 3:30am doing detail work and cleaning.

So lets get this started AGAIN...

The haunt tour is March 8 , 9 , and 10 buy tickets at www.thedarkness.com (http://www.thedarkness.com) To see all the renovation photos go to our tour facebook page here: http://www.facebook.com/TransworldHauntedHouseHalloweenTradeshowTours

If you buy tickets to the tour prior to the end of January you will save money. Again go to www.TheDarkness.com (http://www.TheDarkness.com).

We will totally renovate The Darkness the most detailed haunted house in the country! We are going to have all new special effects, and never before seen animations, and more. You will get to take photos and much more. We'll see you there.

drfrightner
01-27-2012, 04:52 AM
I'm just posting the photos over and over again. As many as I can. Here are all new photos as you can see we are getting really far along on this cave here. You'll notice in the one shot you see the floor has been sprayed with concrete and that is because that will hold water for a waterfall. Its all coming together. I think you guys ar egoing to be blown away! We are working day and night around here! I didn't get home tonight until 3:30am.

drfrightner
01-27-2012, 04:56 AM
As you can see in these photos here we have done MORE work to this new elevator and remember this is a SPECIAL FX it will do something... and it will be bad to the bone. But the detail on this is getting better and better by the second...

Maybe if you look at the older photos of this scene and then look at these maybe you can pick out the differences.

Anyway if you buy your tickets NOW you will save on the price. Take photos, feel and touch everything... I'm telling you we are working day and night hoping we can blow you guys away. That is what is driving us!

Larry

drfrightner
01-27-2012, 01:08 PM
Okay one of the big things we are doing this year as part of our ongoing effort to show you something new, inspire haunt owners to think bigger... we are working OVER our retail stuff. Here is artwork for a full color mug it will be for sale at the event. Also you are seeing a puzzle box for a 500 piece puzzle we are making.

You might notice on these items I have them dated 1994 to 2013 opposed to 2012... because 2013 is our 20th season. I plan on ordering enough that I can sell these over two years. Our retail store will have lots of cool things for sale. We are going ALL OUT ON THIS deal because this is our last tour we are doing. We really want to inspire haunt owners to think over the top and that is what we are doing.

You are seeing all the detail photos... yes but there are major FX behind everything you are seeing. Those things you can't see unless you attend.

Larry

PS: As for a seminar showing you how to detail this good? I know there are people doing seminars on detail work but this good I doubt it. Why... because we worked one of these scenes for over a month you can't create something this detailed or explain it in a one hour seminar. If you come to the tour and you can walk right up to the set, put your hands on it and pick out all the things we did that would be 100 times more effective than going to seminar and being shown. The reality is when I go to Universal Studios and I see some finished set or something and I take some pictures of what has attracted my eye I can figure out on my own how I would do it. Me personally I think the best way to learn detail is two things...

1) Go to places that have detail like Disney, Universal or lets say a real ghost town or a haunted house tour. TAKE A LOT OF PHOTOS for reference!

2) Get YOUR HANDS DIRTY! Look at Allen he's been an inspiration to many... I'm pretty sure but maybe he can correct me but I think I'm right on this. Do you think he woke up and did all those things... no I think Allen is the type of guy who is constantly trying new things and he's learning. So the set he's doing today looks great, but 5 years ago it won't hold a candle. You experiment and you do cool things but you also learn! You have to try... its like making some food dish until you try and taste it you'll never know! I've done detail seminars myself and you just can't do anything serious in the time allotted. Even if you spent an entire day doing a detailed set right in front of people it won't matter... it won't help much. You have to take good photos of several things that are detailed, walk through old abandonded buildings, do research on the web whatever but in the end YOU HAVE TO GET YOUR HANDS dirty you have to try new things, and you learn by doing!!! It all starts with good reference, say drawings, actually photos, then try to recreate, even if you don't get it perfect its a start.

drfrightner
01-30-2012, 04:39 AM
Okay as stated many moons ago we hired Unit 70 to produce SEVERAL custom animations for us... one of the things I wanted was an animated ROACH.

So here ya go... ROACHZILLA!

Since we are doing ZOMBIE themes I needed new ZOMBIES. So here are some ZOMBIES!

At any rate... bottom line is we are picking up about half our order end of this week and the other half the week after.

I would tell you what we custome ordered from Dark Raven and Pale Night but reality is these guys are going to the show and might want to keep that stuff top secret whereas Unit 70 once again will not display.

So I guess its okay to share what they are making for me.

In the coming days you will get to see all the new 2012 Unit 70 Line Up as I will post these things here. Remember if you want to check out the new Unit 70 lineup the only place you'll see this stuff is at our tour.

I'll tell you sorta what they are making for us...

RoachZilla - ScorpionZilla - several zombies - this monkey cage animations I came up with... its so hard to explain that I won't even try you'll just have to see it LIVE ACTION - this ZOMBIE wall animations again so hard to explain what it does I can't so you'll just have to see it LIVE ACTION - walking zombies needed for my huge effect we are doing, they will be like nothing ever done before hard to explain without giving away the secret so I won't, several mummies, new animations I've NEVER seen anyone sell I'm simply calling them drop down animations again you'll have to see for yourself in person, a giant jack in the box clown animations, a couple other clown animations all for Terror Visions and yes you heard it right... CLOWNZILLA.

As things get closer I will post some photos as we go... remember you only have a couple days to get a HUGE discount on the tickets. Remember you'll see all the new unit 70 stuff, new custom Pale Night stuff, custom Dark Raven stuff, all of our new sets, new museum monsters, all new gift store stuff, Terror Visions was totally renovated, and Lemp will have this awesome ghostly pre-show. Get your tickets now www.thedarkness.com

drfrightner
01-30-2012, 04:59 AM
Remember everything we do around our company starts with a concept and from there goes to drawings and from there it goes back to me to decide what we do from there, then it goes to Jim and our team to try and build it, and as to build it I change things like 200 times... LOL.

We in my opinion are the best fabrication company in the industry, we can basically do it all from the best detail work, elaborate fx, concrete work, to foam carving, to high end concept attractions, you name it and we've done it... no other company in this industry has done the things we've done from interactive dark rides, to yes we built a real aquarium with sharks, to you name it. Right now we are building a massive attraction going in TIME SQUARE which will be our biggest most high profile attraction yet. We constantly look for talent within the haunt industry to help us achieve our goals of building the best attractions.

I think that is our shinning star that we've been able to utilize talent within this industry and create 2 million dollar attractions for clients all over the World.
It has been proven without any doubt that the creative people in this industry can do anything the so called big shots can do ... we have fun create this Darkness tour because we like showcasing our ability, inspiring people to think big, to know no boundaries, and never think if you want something you can't have it... because you can. That is what these tours are all about in my opinion. I am NOT trying to be like all these other tours, I'm trying to do something no one else has ever done otherwise this does not interest me. The things we do around here are HUGE projects for clients all over the World... we many times are hired to do something we've never done. I like to take that experience and role it back into our own attraction... that is the case again here. Right now I'm working with this major CGI FX shop creating some custom pieces for a client, that experience is helping me here... we've been given some opportunities to do things and we do enjoy sharing our experience with ALL OF YOU!

Reality is one day I'll be gone, and everything I've learned will be gone with me, and same for all you guys... that is why I think it's important to share what you learn so this industry can simply keep growing beyond what anyone ever thought possible. I pass along everything I learn with you guys, and now I share with my kids which is the most rewarding because in their eyes you can do no wrong. Anyway I hope you all attend the tour, and know and understand I do this ONLY TO SHARE and INSPIRE... we are not perfect, our haunt is not perfect, I realize that everytime I walk in the place. I already have a huge list of stuff I want to tear out next year ALREADY! LOL

Anyway see below these are the drawings we started with... how good did we do to re-create them? You can listen to anyone in this industry about how to get it done right... but I can tell you one thing you can trust me! I would never mislead you... when it comes to detailing your haunt, if you want to be the best, if you want to have the best haunt, if you want to grow, learn, expand and realize sky is not even the limit... follow from our experiences that we are always willing to share. It starts with great idea's, then to drawings, then to getting your hands dirty, bringing on talented people who can help you, never being afraid to bring in help... I'm doing a huge project right now and I called Dan Faupel to help me... man that guy has some talent! I love working with guys with talent, because it does nothing but elevate your game. Over the next 5 weeks I will do my best to educate you on how we did things, why we did things, and above all else show you! People say I do this for money, if that is the reason then WHY DO I SHARE everything we've done starting with the first wall we tore down... its not about money at all. I love all you guys in this industry, and I hope all these threads and posts I spend hours upon hours putting up here HELP YOU! In the end that is all that matters to me! Period!

If you don't come to the tour that is fine by me and that is why I put these posts up here... all together since we've started these tours we've had nearly 100,000 views on the threads that alone is worth it to me. Having this show has been a blessing and a curse... our passion to share and educate has created a windfall for our haunt in that we've had so much pressure put on us to turn around alot of work in a very short period of time (FOUR MONTHS) while we at the same time built several attractions for clients. Its very stressful OMG its VERY stressful, and we try very hard and no matter how hard we try we can never seem to cross all those t's and dot all the i's just not enough time... but its fun trying despite the stress... from my perspective right now we probably won't do another one of these tours. I hope we've saved the best for last, because the new sets are simply amazing, Terror Visions is breathtaking, Lemp will the best we've had it so far... its been a great ride. Even if you dont' attend I hope you have enjoyed these threads we've produced showcasing the renovations of our attractions.

drfrightner
01-31-2012, 01:31 AM
Here are NEW LOGOS for our attractions... I will have to show you here soon a new CGI logo we created for Lemp it is so freakin awesome its beyond words. You will melt when you see this thing its just that awesome. We are stuck our hard coating gun broke again... we can't seem to get anything done. Today we loaded a truck for Canada shipping two mini golf attractions. Today we mailed out Hauntworld Magazines... not much done on haunted house however we are painting some new stuff. Will send new photos late tonight. We are off to the Lemp here later this week maybe all weekend. Time is running out FAST! I think its honest to say we won't do everything I wanted to do because we just dont' have time because we are building to many attractions for other clients right now. We are slammed and just this week alone I got another 5 to 8 requests for attractions... we are overloaded.

That is why we took a different approach where we only tore out one thing at a time... so if we ran out of time we wouldn't have to worry about replacing something we didn't have the time to replace. Oh well ... always next year! At the show we won't be big players spending money... we'll be mostly done with the exception of buying stuff for Creepyworld.

Also wanted to mention that the behind teh scenes tour is 70% sold out. Get your tickets at www.thedarkness.com (http://www.thedarkness.com)

Larry

drfrightner
02-01-2012, 10:33 PM
Here are some pictures FINALLY... what do you see here?

1) You see the clown car being worked on it will have the motion based platform. That is finally going in the right directions. Maybe by the end of this week all the welding will be done and we'll start to make it look like a ice cream truck.

2) You also see another wall in Terror Visions where we added some stencil clowns on the wall not done yet but getting closer.

3) Lastly you see photos of our cave painted. Its look pretty awesome at this point. Get your tickets now at www.theDarkness.com

drfrightner
02-01-2012, 10:41 PM
Okay a couple more photos here...

Let me explain.

1) More cave pictures ... let me tell you this looks and feels like a real cave! It wasn't actually sprayed right and its going to have to be resprayed but I doubt we'll have time to do it before this show we'll see. But as of right now its pretty freaking wicked!

2) Also as I stated earlier there was another room we are working on its an upgrade to another room. We hard coated it then we based it out with grip and seal then we sprayed synergy on it for texture. It will be painted today. It looks ugly now but it wont' later tonight.

We have done SEVERAL small things all over the place this new little mummy room being one of them... haven't really focused on all the little stuff because its just not worth it to talk about. But since we went to some effort to do this I thought I would post it.

The big thing right now is we are back on Terror Visions AGAIN... I have three painters in there working for the next 5 or 6 days painting floors, props, and all the left overs. We are up to around ummm 20 to 25 people working for us right now full time and its not enough! This isn't easy to do considering everything we are trying to do at the same time. Yeah I said that right TWENTY FIVE PEOPLE... we also started working on Lemp again as of today.

Larry

nightmareproductionz
02-01-2012, 11:06 PM
We bought our tickets yesterday!!! Going to be doing everything and very excited!!

drfrightner
02-02-2012, 05:40 AM
Couple things... see attached a bunch of different retail items we are making. We are going to try have a really nice retail selection with our logo. I think this is an area we can all improve on so I'm making an effort to do a lot of this stuff. Hopefully what we do will help you guys a bit. Brainstorm is going to start offering something to help people set up retail stores.

Couple other things... I wanted to say that we are simply overwhelmed right now so I'm not sure what else we can do at this point. We are taking our entire crew out of the shop for about 7 to 10 days next week to set up two mini golf attractions. So I want you to remember a few things... every year we are trying to figure out things that might educate and or inspire haunt owners. This year we've done less build out, but we've made it up in other area's such as this retail store. Another area is que line entertainment we are making a huge splash there as well... overall The Darkness will be 100% better than last year.

Play close attention to our retail store this year. We'll have all kinds of cool stuff to buy plus a new how to detail dvd. Get your tickets today www.thedarkness.com

HauntedPaws
02-02-2012, 08:22 AM
Again can't get tickets cuz it wants to charge full price. I wanted to pay $75 not $100

nightmareproductionz
02-02-2012, 11:29 AM
Its because of the date, tickets were only on sale for cheaper price BEFORE February 1

HauntedPaws
02-02-2012, 11:33 AM
They're still on sale or suppose to be til the 24th now per the original description.

Why didn't you tell me you just fixed it LARRY!??!?!?! :rolleyes:

drfrightner
02-02-2012, 01:06 PM
Email Terry from Interactive Ticketing... I told him to leave the ticket prices the same until Feb 2 and he said he did that. For some reason it didn't happen. I got a few emails and I cced them all to Terry and he's working on it. But yeah the ticket prices went up when I asked they did not...some error occurred there not sure what.

But the ticket prices originally where to change Feb 1.

Larry

Skeered
02-03-2012, 12:16 AM
While looking at the puzzle box artwork I am surprised you don't have a poster thrown in there... I am going to have one wall full of posters this year....

drfrightner
02-03-2012, 02:46 AM
BIG NEWS HERE... we have a truck on its way to Unit 70 to pick up about HALF of our order. We are also stopping off at Characters Unlimited to pick up our que line multi motion preshow characters. Like I said before they are a singing vampire and a Frankenstein DJ.

So one of the COOL things we are picking up is SCORPIONZILLA... now tell me this thing isn't bad azz! This is freaking awesome!

Now you are also looking at these monkey things here... you are probably wondering what they do. Its an animation I came up with... and you'll see it work at Darkness. It should be pretty cool. Even though this isn't inside the animation itself you have to admit they look awesome!

I will have EVERYTHING Saturday AM and I will get pictures and post them. The other half of our order will be done two weeks later.

We also got our new mummy boxes painted. I will get photos of that as well.

Larry

PS: I extended the discount for tickets another 24 hours... get them QUICK at www.thedarkness.com

drfrightner
02-04-2012, 01:47 AM
Like I told you before we are going ALL OUT with Terror Visions 3D ... check out these new WILD photos!

Its going to be CRAZY!

We have 4 painters working in here daily to finish up the place. We are waiting on some animations and once we get those we'll put it all back together. We are however working on the motion based scene still. That will take a little while still. What you see now is a lot of floors painted. The Ice Cave looks AWESOME!

Larry

drfrightner
02-04-2012, 01:52 AM
Okay like I said we went to Ohio today and picked up some stuff... check it out. Like I've said now 50 times we are going all out here to make this place awesome educational experience for those who attend. The behind the scenes tour is getting close to being sold out. You are starting to see here how its getting closer and closer to completion.

We still have a ways to go! As you also see our mummy room is coming around because now there is a mummy inside. LOL. You are probably scratching your head on these monkey cages and fyi there is three sets of them stacked three high... do you want to know what it does?

Get your tickets at www.thedarkness.com

Larry

damon carson
02-04-2012, 11:56 AM
And Im not saying what they do. But Lance Pope had an experiment lab with weird creatures in cages that slammed forward. Maybe something similar to that would be my guess.? They remind me of Rise of the Planet of the apes.
Damon
Frightmasters

drfrightner
02-04-2012, 12:53 PM
YES IT WORKS... There is ONLY TWO monsters in here ONLY TWO but you see dozens how did we do that??? Yes with two way mirror but look closer here... you see different zombies so how was that done? Cool huh... this is NOT the scene we are doing because the one we are doing will have even more and some that move but we wanted to test our theory. Damon as far as what you said no I have no idea what you are talking about... but no that isn't what it does. But you mentioning Planet of the Apes is dead on the money. The concept is that like the movie when you pass by these infected apes the apes go nuts... so you are close!

HauntedPaws
02-04-2012, 01:17 PM
You have 2, 2 sided zombies.

Evernight
02-04-2012, 08:17 PM
You have 2, 2 sided zombies.

Yeah thats what I was thinking as well :)

screamforadream
02-04-2012, 10:31 PM
That's exactly what I was thinking...lol. I mean... good concept and it looks great, but what about when your customers walk by? They will notice....does that take away from the effect in person? (Just asking as a question, don't strangle me lol)

drfrightner
02-04-2012, 10:49 PM
Couple things... here are MORE PHOTOS. One of the pictures here shows the singing vampire animation there is also another monster "FRANK" he is Vamps dj. They will be pre-show entertainment. They are not set up yet.

Anyway here are more things from Unit 70. Awesome stuff to say the least!

As for can my customers see whatever you said... no that is not the case at all. You see nothing but zillions of zombies.

I have two more that walk and move and when I get that scene all put together its going to look like hundreds and hordes of zombies coming at you.

Like I said my objective with each one of these tours is to do something NO ONE HAS EVER DONE before...that is what we are doing, and that is what makes coming to the tour worth the investment. Get your tickets www.thedarkness.com.

Larry

HauntedPaws
02-04-2012, 11:44 PM
The avg person isn't really in a state of
mind to do analytic problem solving in a haunt.

drfrightner
02-07-2012, 01:29 PM
This week not much is getting done because our entire crew is in Canada installing a mini golf. However I do have some people around and they are doing mostly cleaning and moving props around. I will be down there everyday this week trying to get things organized so you won't hear much from me at all. I will however be able to take some pictures showing stuff done maybe late tonight.

Terror Visions is now looking unreal awesome. Darkness we are starting to do moss work, and more of that final detail stuff. The big thing now is to work on Lemp.

Lastly we are getting really close to basically everything being sold out... we limited how many tickets this year to even less so we wouldn't have the problem like last year where hardly anyone showed up during the last hour. So we basically eliminated that hour all together.

drfrightner
02-09-2012, 03:08 AM
I worked all night long at Darkness again... I think I'm getting old my knees hurt. LOL

Couple things we worked all night long placing props screwing stuff together, blah, blah. I cleaned up stuff, I was up and down ladders all night long. Never can I remember doing so little or so few scenes and taking so long to do them. I already know we'll be back to throwing actors in the place, there just wont' be anytime to do that this year. We'll do our best. Our entire staff is out of town, so its down to me and a few other guys. I'm down there every day and night working to finish. We can't seem to get out of The Darkness dont' know why... seems like we've never done so few scenes but wow this is taking forever. Tonight we started putting out a lot of props. Take a look. Really spent a lot of time working on that falling barrel room and boy does it look cool... I won't take pictures of it because I can't get a good picture with a standard camera. Eventually I'll get out the big dog with a fish ball lens. What do you think. Get tickets at www.TheDarkness.com

drfrightner
02-09-2012, 03:15 AM
Here are a few more... One see a picture of the Frank DJ that will entertain you while you wait to get in. It is actually pretty cool he's got REAL spark plugs going into his head and zap to make it look likes he's being charged. That is part of our new addition this year. Hopefully we get time to set it up. He actually scratches records and everything. More photos again just taken with a normal camera under normal lighting. I can only tell you that we probably wont' get to our normal level of maximum detail because we are just going to run out of time. I made matters worse because I had an electrician working there for the last several weeks and we tore out all the lighting because I didn't like the way they plugged everything in... we added like 60 more 4 plug outlets, we added new lights in the ceiling, blah, blah, so now speakers are down, no lights are connected no animations are hooked up, its just a mess. This is going to take a miracle. LOL

The biggest thing is we must get over to Lemp to work on that place more. We are going over there on Friday. Soon you'll start to see pictures of Lemp.

damon carson
02-09-2012, 08:13 PM
Can't wait to see it in person! Were ready. The frankenstein d.j is cool! I like his old phonograph turntables!
Damon
Frightmasters

drfrightner
02-12-2012, 07:52 PM
It really isn't that big of a deal but here are some photos of Lemp... we are building out this entire que line which will have a ghostly FX preshow. This week I'll be uploading probably 50 or so photos of Lemp as we hit the place really hard this week. We'll have 10-12 people working on Lemp this week all week. Lemp will be pretty cool. Our whole entire crew just got back from Canada installing some mini golf attractions. So we'll be here and will dedicate the next 10 days to hard core getting Lemp done. Now that i'm uploading Lemp photos its almost like starting this thread over again.

drfrightner
02-14-2012, 05:45 AM
Here is a quick update... spent a lot of time at Lemp trying to get stuff planned out over there. We now have a total of like 15 people working there 10 to 12 hours per day trying to get it done. We also came up with this massive list at Darkness as well. I'm just going to be honest impossible is the only word to use... can't all be done.

We are in cutting corners mode on detail and stuff like that just to have a shot at getting them in a ready to open condition. Having the show this early this year is killing us, not to mention all the projects we are working on for other clients. I was telling Patti I don't ever remember doing this little to create new scenes and it taking this long. I don't think we've ever spent this much time on such a small amount of square feet ever. It is mind boggling ... oh well. There is no lighting, no sound, and no animations hooked up in Darkness and I think normally that should take about 2 maybe three weeks to do and somehow we need to figure out how to do it in like a week not to mention lighting and sound on top of that. What a nightmare! Good news ... we ordered a bunch of stuff from Unit 70 and the balance of that is ready to be picked up on Monday. SO that will help us finish Darkness. We got some new cool animation in today from Dark Raven as seen in this picture... you are probably wondering what it does. LOL Anyway most of the photos from here on out will be of Lemp. As you can see Lemp is getting a major que line show.

Talk to you soon. www.TheDarkness.com almost all the behind the scenes tour tickets are sold out you need to hurry up. Lastly on our trailer haunt I doubt now at all we'll be able to do the one trailer we hoped to do... right now its a gutted trailer. So be prepared to walk through a gutted trailer... lol. All the same that is about seeing what a trailer haunt is about, how they are constructed... we will NOT have time to do that I'm almost positive.

drfrightner
02-16-2012, 01:37 AM
Like I said most of the photos from here on out will be Lemp although there will be several more Darkness photos to come... will explain in a second.

Still to go Darkness: Clown Truck - All the new animations must be hooked up - and we have to build a few more things and hook up everything.

Lemp: We are building the first three rooms from scratch including the que line from scratch. We'll have all the construction done today. Its all paint from here on out then we'll be hooking up everyhing.

Here are some photos of work being done at Lemp Today. Lemp will go really fast because we have EVERYONE working on it not just a handful of people.

We also have a crew working at Darkness as well doing all sorts of little things.

Larry

drfrightner
02-16-2012, 01:46 AM
Quickly ... here is one photo of the floor at Terror Visions. Its some what blurry but as I said we are painting the floors through out from start to finish. I wanted to talk just for a second about the 3D. Our biggest upgrade was on Terror Visions because although we've changed it a little here and there since we first built the thing back in 2009 when you first came to see our haunts. We wanted to bring Terror Visions FULL CIRCLE meaning we want it to the be ultimate 3D haunted house this time around. So most of the work has been put into Terror Visions and I think you will love it!

We still have a lot of work to do there but it will start to fall into place over the next week. Friday we are picking up the balance of all of our new Unit 70 Stuff... which will include: Clownzilla, several drop down animations, a few pop up animations, two walking zombies needed for our big effect, and several other things. Once it comes in I will post some photos for everyone. Lemp is going to be flying with photos by the end of the weekend.

I also talked to Kip today at his shop... he's telling me everything he's doing for me will be done within 10 days. Lots of really cool things... a lot of cool stuff you'll be seeing over the next week. Get your tickets today www.thedarkness.com only 3 weeks to go.

drfrightner
02-16-2012, 10:52 PM
We are back to working on Darkness again, while working on Lemp, while a truck is headed up to Unit 70 to pick up some more stuff. This weekend they have the second biggest Mardi Gras event in the country... yeah right here in front of our building. That will drastically slow down progress. Because on Saturday we won't even be able to get to our building. Anyway worked on the cave this today... look how it started and look how it ends up!

Nice!

BigT
02-17-2012, 05:06 PM
Looks great Larry! Cant wait to see it. Little T and I have already purchased our tickets and we are bringing one of our most loyal actors/techs with us, Stringbean (yeah we all have to dev nicknames). See ya in St Louis!

drfrightner
02-18-2012, 03:20 AM
Couple things... here is a picture of CLOWNZILLA from Unit 70. Also working on some mansion style rooms inside Lemp. Its coming along. Get your tickets at www.thedarkness.com

drfrightner
02-21-2012, 11:53 PM
Here are photos of Lemp we have two crews working 10 to 12 hours a day right now. I can't see how we can get Darkness done and honestly its the attraction we've worked on the most. Lemp will get done I think outside of the Lemp History Museum we wanted to build... no time to start that. Lemp is looking pretty awesome. We have painters there all night long working on it. I would say by this time on Wed night it should be almost all painted. Then its all about putting props inside and trying out best to detail it out more. Lemp is being done more like a traditional haunt is done... but some new scenes, add some new props and do it as quickly as possible.

Where as The Darkness has all these over the top high concept stuff... Lemp is true traditional haunted house. Lemp is really a million times better than our first year. It will be pretty cool! Get your tickets quickly. If you really want to see how cool Lemp really is you have to see it walking through with more lights on... its unreal. Get your tickets quickly www.thedarkness.com

drfrightner
02-22-2012, 12:04 AM
Again we have crews working at both Lemp and Darkness. I wanted to mention that we don't have time to do anything at Creepyworld to our trailer haunt. We did actually gut one trailer to do work but just won't have time right now. Anyway... here are some photos of our new rope bridge installed. Another picture is of our updated mummy style scene looks a lot better than last year. Also you can see the actor rig we had installed so an actor can run across the top of the scene... I didn't see it work but I heard Kip got up there and had a blast doing it.

Also and lastly there is a photo of the ice cream truck getting further along... the room is being painted and the truck is totally welded together and later today we'll start to frame it out then paint it and prop it. Every single day we finish stuff at Darkness a new list is created making it nearly impossible to complete. This show is starting too soon for us... www.thedarkness.com

drfrightner
02-23-2012, 05:27 AM
We have TWO WEEKS TO GO HERE... so here goes some updates.

1) We will NOT be able to do any type of build out to our one trailer haunt room. It was stripped down to nothing so when you walk through you'll see an empty trailer but that is only one of six.

2) Lemp will be finalized painting by this Sunday. I will get a lot more photos of this later this week. Lemp was an easy build out and it looks a lot better than last year.

3) Today people worked on running air lines... we also installed that clownzilla and nearly have that clown ice scream truck built out. Will get photos of all that today. We are working every single day.

What really sucks here is that we just don't have time to build a booth for the show...its something we haven't even started and probably can't even think about doing. To get Darkness up and running would or should take about 4 more weeks not 2.

I've said this 110 thousand times and I'll say it again... to do what we are doing just can't be done, and get your actors trained, blah, blah... it won't be like it will be during Halloween time that is for sure, but it will be about 85%.

I think the best we'll do is about 85% ready to go... once the show is over we'll probably spend another couple weeks to adjust and finish anything that wasn't done prior to the show.

Overall the best updated attraction will be TERROR VISIONS 3D... that was like totally upgraded. When you see Terror Visions 3D even though much is the same it will appear its totally different. When you walk through Terror Visions it will appear drastically different. Darkness won't appear to be totally different, but the things that are added are really unreal over the top.

It will be much more difficult to pick out the changes in Darkness so I will point them out below...

1) Funeral Room GONE... replaced with new Zombie Room which features actor flying rig, illusions, cgi fx, and detailed rooms
2) Old Mummy Room replaced with new one.
3) Old cave was expanded by adding new Scorpion cave
4) Falling barrel wall room was upgraded and improved with more detail
5) All kinds of little things where added downstairs like webbed bodies in the spider cave to a slight change to the mummy jail.
6) added all sorts of new animations throughout including the monkey cages, several drop down zombies and roachzilla.
7) cgi fx added to swamp house
8) We also had several custom CG FX added all over the attractions.
9) Massive upgrades to the museum including three new full sized monsters, and all sorts of gift shop stuff including a very awesome Darkness puzzle.

The main thing in Darkness is the Zombie Room, and Rope Bridge Water Fall.

Terror Visions

1) Upgraded and improved the Magic Room
2) Added a C02 FX and a Ice Cave
3) Upgraded the EYE Hallway
4) Added tons of 3D Jams all through out the attraction
5) Added Clownzilla
6) Built a funhouse scene with CGI FX, Bubble Machine, and animations
7) Built a Jack n Box Scene with animation
8) Adding several drop down animations
9) Built a massive and very cool clown truck with CGI fx.
10) Added all sorts of new artwork everywhere.

Lemp Brewery

1) Replaced the first FOUR scenes with more mansion style scenes
2) Added several animations
3) Built a sewer gator scene
4) Added a new scene to the backend of the attraction
5) Added all sorts of new sounds, lighting and props
6) The biggest thing of all was building a pre-show which features a ghostly William Lemp giving the back story.

I think in the end all of the stuff we did is worthy of everyone coming and see our new tour. I've said this 110 times before, we are NOT doing what your typical haunt tours do... this is an all out massive renovation.

Larry

drfrightner
02-23-2012, 10:19 PM
I'm not kidding we can't do everything we wanted to do time has run out... we have to build our tradeshow booth, start hooking up lighting, sound and animations. We had guys painting Lemp all day but now we are going to shift back to Darkness AGAIN. We'll get back to Lemp next week.

We are going to build a tradeshow booth in like 2 days, it will be awesome but at hte same time it will be built in 2 days. We are now going every day trying to get this done. We'll keep working on it. We worked on that clown car for a huge part of the day as you can see with these photos. Tickets at www.TheDarkness.com

The Mad Hatter
02-24-2012, 11:57 PM
This looks so wonderful, I am sad I am bogged down with work to go to the show this year. I love the columns on the previous page * the square ones with the arches, are they vacuum form*??

Also, I noticed you are doing an ice cave! Sounds great. I noticed there was a post a while ago about doing ice stuff on sets and I forgot to Reply Due to being bogged down with work. For 3 years I have been doing snow effects for the movie industry. There are certain products that you can get that Can look amazing depending on what look you want. Some of the products you can get are on the website here ..... http://snowbusinesshollywood.com/products.htm . The great thing is that these snow products come Fire proofed. The first product you typically get it FS and HS. They mean full size and half size. This is essentially Bleached white paper that is ground down to different thickness. You typically lay down Full size and then top it off with half size, the full size acts like a bulk filler, to make a mound of snow large. If you want a really large mound of snow you can build up a base of cotton batting and then spread the snow over it. Typically when you apply this, you use a large insulation blower that has a water mister attachment to pack it and to keep the dust down. The cheap way is to take a cullender noodle strainer and shake it on the surface and then for permanent positioning you mist it with a weed sprayer and elmers glue! Ok, now that gives you a white mound of snow for the ground, to make it look even better what you do is add display snow and then *Shredded poly* on top of that, which is ground up plastic material, what this does is add a nice wet look shine to the snow/ ice. you spray this with the elmers glue water mixture on the snow.

Ok, that covers the floor now you want those cool iced walls!, What you do is take a fist full shredded poly and display snow... You then get that spray santa snow stuff. You hold the can of spray snow up to the bottom of your filled fist. You then gradually release your fistfull of shredded poly and display snow and at the same time spray the santa snow.... what this does is the material being dropped combines with the santa spray snow and spray the wall.... You get really cool frosted looks with this.

Ok so your set looks kind of cool, what more can you add???? well you can get a pot and melt some candle wax...... BE SAFE IT CAN BURN YOU!!! You then go to the top of your panel and dripp it down with leather gloves and a welder jacket to keep you safe if it splashes. What happens is as u drip it slowly it has a chance to cool and look like icicle deposits. Make sure the pot you boil it in has a pour spout!!!!!! It helps it from getting all over....... Oh ya this effect is cool when you take white nylon rope and dip it in the hot wax 4 times, you let it cool in between each dip.... you then attach it to a candle and drip more wax on it from a smaller pot with a spout. You can have some narly candle drips with this method,,,, you can see such examples in the move Van helsing which the company I work for did.... It was done on the candelabras in Dracula's castle!! ......... The more expensive way is to rent this candle wax sprayer, snow business has for 500.00 a day and spray it all over your set, it is much safer.... The cool thing about the wax spray gun is that you can get panels to look thick in ice. There are many different waxes they use to make different ice effects.....

Ok so you want icicles, This company also sells Clear acrylic icicles for 20-50 a set depending on the size you want. They do not have them on their website, call them to find the current price.

you can also use elmers glue and throw it all over, or make puddles, it drys clear and looks like ice!

there are so many other methods to use this stuff to get a look you require, This company will give you a cool effect for your price range. If you decide to contact them tell them Frank sent you.

Just another crazy idea I have,

drfrightner
02-25-2012, 04:54 AM
Couple of things I wanted to alert everyone on...

In our gift store we will have the following items:

1) Full Color Mugs: This mug is totally awesome best one I've ever seen. Designed by Brainstorm

2) 550 piece Puzzle: This is just unreal, I've never seen anyone do this before and boom we did it. You'll have to get one just to see how to do your own for your gift store.

3) How to Detail Your Haunts part 1, 2, and 3 plus how to Foam Carve your Haunt DVD's

4) New t-shirts for both Darkness and Lemp plus Terror Visions.

All of this stuff will be for sale in our gift store.

LASTLY everyone who comes to the behind the scenes tour gets a FREE Hauntworld Issue 29 Magazine. No you won't get issue 30 free but you can get a free copy of issue 29. You can pick it up in the gift store.

Larry

drfrightner
02-25-2012, 11:06 PM
Here are some more photos of Lemp taken with a flash so it doesn't look as cool as it does in person. I will say Lemp is looking pretty good. Additionally we are working on our animated preshow that will entertain people while waiting in line. Starting to get that totally together. It really seems that after making one list you create an all new list. This seems to never get done. We also are getting closer on the clown car. I really don't think we'll get everything done but we'll try. We already starting shoving some things out of the mix like all the new drop down animations we had made, no time to install them, blah, blah. 2 weeks to go! www.TheDarkness.com

drfrightner
02-28-2012, 01:29 AM
This is trial and error or as we like to say around here mostly error. After playing around with this realized that we needed to make changes with time we don't have. Man I HATE these tours (LOL)... you want to do all this stuff you've never done before and when you finally get them installed you realize you need to make adjustments. We'll be messing around with this effect a little while longer I think. Hopefully we get it done.

March of the zombies is not working yet but cross your fingers!

drfrightner
02-28-2012, 11:12 PM
We simply continue to work on EVERYTHING... today we worked on all three haunts Terror Visions, Darkness and Lemp. All the painting work and construction at Lemp is done. We have a HUGE list of stuff now that we have to do to get it ready to go it will take all day today with like 15 people working on it. The Darkness has another long and detailed list to go but today we will work on Lemp and Thursday we'll work at Darkness again.

The clown car is coming along. But what I wanted but there is no time to do what I wanted which was chop up a real truck so we just sort of built one. Not done with it yet. We also built this torture device and got that done today. The list of things to do is so long it would boggle your mind. We are also going to build a booth in 2 days, so whatever you see at the show if you love it know it... 2 days. No more time. www.TheDarkness.com for tickets.

Bottom line will this be worth your trip... well if you own a haunted house you will love every second of this event because this will help you with your own attraction. If you don't own a haunted house but love haunted houses you might melt in a pool of butter. There just isn't one thing that doesn't look awesome. Now we have to get it all working. That is the tough part.

drfrightner
03-01-2012, 12:54 AM
Spent the whole day at Lemp today. All of these photos are from Lemp.

Here is status... Lemp will be done construction wise today by noon. They will spend the rest of that day doing clean up and fire retarding.

The second half the day our main crew will go back to Darkness and try, attempt, give it their best shot to knock out a massive list over there.

At the end of the day its possible by Saturday construction of both places will be done however there is NO animations, NO lighting, and NO sound and well no Special FX video type stuff working right now. So the focus is going to be getting that stuff working obviously.

I'm just being honest we have no time to work with actors, we have no time to worry about costumes, none of that stuff... this is wing and a prayer. I will say again and again its not about that its about the haunts themselves, we want to show you some really nice detail work, original sets, special fx, blah, blah and that is exactly what we plan on trying to pull off. Kip walked through Lemp today and he seemed very impressed. I think everyone will really like Lemp this year. We did a lot of work here.

The highlight is the que line pre-show. Can we get all this stuff done?

Lets add it up... you tell me if this is a reality show in the making?

1) We have to finish all sorts of construction in Lemp and Darkness should take two more days. (Thursday and Friday)

2) We have to build a booth... haven't started yet. We were still working on a drawing as late as 5pm tonight. So that hasn't started at all!

3) We have to install all animations, all lighting, all sound, and all the new special fx. (this should take about 3 or 4 weeks but we only have 3 or 4 days)

4) We have to load a semi truck this coming Monday with two mini golf attractions that usually takes an entire day.

5) We have to install a booth at Transworld. that should take an entire day.

So basically in a nutshell we have about 7 days to do about 7 weeks worth of work. This is why they want us to do a reality show. here is some more pictures all of Lemp.

PS: Did I forget something oh yeah I did... we still don't have that how to detail your haunt 3 finished.

drfrightner
03-01-2012, 11:39 PM
I will be able to upload many more photos Friday or Saturday. Terror Visions is so messy right now with tools and stuff all over the place. Our painters are coming back for round 50 to paint more on Terror Visions today. Hopefully this weekend we are going to install all the digital fx. We have two crews going one on darkness and one on lemp and starting today we are going to work on our tradeshow booth.

Today got our 500 piece puzzles in and they are awesome! We are also getting a new monster for our museum on Tuesday...its a surprise. Just remember to bring your cameras for photos ops. We did more work on our cave to hide the scorpion. And we'll be installing this big snake after we hack up the frame he's attached to. You can get your tickets at www.TheDarkness.com

drfrightner
03-02-2012, 10:10 PM
Okay I don't want to brag but... (LOL). Terror Visions is the best 3D haunted house in the World bar none... its stunning! Today is the first day I got to walk through it basically almost done. None of the animations are hooked up yet the bubble machine wasn't working, and the cgi fx where not on but... its now all built and all clean. Most of the sound is working and we installed these lights which EVERYONE is going to want... once you see them you are going to be coming up asking where we got them.

What they do is put like one million little red and green dots all over the place and the move real slow and when you see your body covered in them and see them with 3D glasses you'll freak out. Our clown truck is DONE... it is bad ass. Terror Visions period is BAD ASS... when you come you'll see the best 3D haunted you've ever seen in your entire life and to boot one of the single best haunted house of any kind in the country. Its just that awesome. I'm pretty stunned by what I saw today under the black light, no trash everything where it is suppose to be.

A week ago I said we'd never get it done, after having 18 yes EIGHTEEN people work on this sucker day and night we are almost there!!!! Still time to get your tickets www.thedarkness.com

drfrightner
03-02-2012, 10:13 PM
Yes more photos... here are our full color mugs and puzzles in display cases ready for you! These puzzles are beyond words awesome. The mugs are stunning... I didn't cut corners I went all out with them top of the line. We also have all new t-shirts, jackets everything will be on sale in the retail store.

Lastly our DVD how to detail your haunt 3 is DONE. Also I spent 6 hours filming how to detail your 3D haunted house today. That will also get done in time.

We are busy beavers around here.

Get your tickets NOW www.thedarkness.com

drfrightner
03-02-2012, 10:26 PM
Hey where did that MASSIVE snake come from... its about in total 25 feet long. The body part is in the haunt already we are working on the snake himself. Yes that is KIP and JIm... this thing is MASSIVE wait until you see this displayed in a haunted house it is freaky. Get your tickets NOW to see and I'm not joking the best haunted house you've ever seen in your life! The sets, displays, fx, animations everything combined no that I know of has this amount of stuff.

I can only tell you I've enjoyed doing this these last four years and I only do it FOR YOU HAUNT OWNERS NO ONE ELSE!!! I get excited to do things NO ONE HAS SEEN BEFORE or to get VENDORS to make things NO ONE HAS EVER SEEN BEFORE or TRY things NO ONE HAS EVER TRIED BEFORE... if I couldn't do those things I wouldn't open period.

If I could do this and leave your jaw dragging across the floor at all the original stuff we are doing, if I thought for a second you where not getting something out of what we are doing I wouldn't do it... again this tour is NOT for people who are not in the business. The focus is NOT actors, NOT trying to scare you its ON SHOWCASING DETAIL, FX, and OVER THE TOP animations.

We want haunt owners to KNOW ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE because it is if you want to do it bad enough. I think we've done that and we have done our best work EVER. I'm very proud of our entire TEAM... and I'm proud of all the vendors we've asked to help us make this happen from Unit 70, Pale Night, Brainstorm Studios, Dark Raven to other vendors who supplies little things that make all the difference like Edge Design and special FX cgi companies we worked with, to all of our painters, to everyone who put in a lot of long hours to pull this off.

What you are about to see is the best haunted house on the planet! Maybe not the best make up or costumes like a Netherworld or 13th Gate but as far as scenic, special fx, custom animations and more you are going to be inspired. We wanted to cover all the bases... from showing some retail items no haunt has done before to creating custom fx we've done it all this year.

Are you ready to see it? We are ready to let you in...if you didn't get behind the scenes tickets and you own a haunt you will miss on the most stunning thing you could ever lay your eyes on!!!! We've really topped ourselves this time.

As you can see I like it! LOL

I hope you will like it to... but with everything beauty is in the eye of the beholder. One mans junk is another mans treasure.

In my opinion its all treasure!

Larry

drfrightner
03-03-2012, 10:56 PM
Hey Folks... you still have time to buy your tickets. Couple more pictures one is of a pop out jack n box animations, another is our elevator cgi fx now has the effect installed. And one of my son and the other of Kip flying around in the Darkness ceiling. We had some fun with that tonight. My son had a blast. See you next week. www.TheDarkness.com

drfrightner
03-03-2012, 11:20 PM
Here are some pictures of Lemp. I can't stress enough the coolest part of Lemp will be the PRESHOW which I can't show you! You will have to come to the event and see for yourself. Today we had like 22 people working. At Darkness we got about 75% of all the animations work. There are a lot of animations we'll be moving after the show just no time now. We'll go with what we have. Get your tickets now www.thedarkness.com

drfrightner
03-04-2012, 01:11 PM
Heading downtown now... our crew is working on Sunday. I'm going to try and stop by the convention center and snap some pictures because I think Scarefactory is there setting up already. Just call me haunted TMZ. LOL

If you want you see all the photos I've uploaded head to our tour facebook page here... http://www.facebook.com/TransworldHauntedHouseHalloweenTradeshowTours

drfrightner
03-04-2012, 08:58 PM
Couple things one pictures shows us TRYING to build a tradeshow booth that was a mistake. Not going to get that done any time soon. Some other pictures shows our swamp getting some improvements. Lastly you can see the snake being installed. Get your tickets still time left www.thedarkness.com

drfrightner
03-05-2012, 02:36 PM
I changed this version this is version 2 and version 1 is posted below... The cost will be around $3000.00 to turn all of your logos into CGI FX that you can use on TV commercials, Youtube videos promotions around your haunt or whatever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dxAebt2Yug&feature=youtu.be

drfrightner
03-05-2012, 04:40 PM
Here is another version with SOUND
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PCh11mpWbI&feature=youtu.be

drfrightner
03-06-2012, 03:54 PM
Go to www.thedarkness.com for the direction page to the events. REMEMBER THERE IS NO BUS TO ANYTHING BUT ZOMBIE PAINT BALL!

Zombie paint ball is ONLY on Friday and the buses will pick you up on front of the convention center. YOU MUST DRIVE YOURSELF to the other events... go to the directions page if you don't know how to get to each event.

Larry

drfrightner
03-07-2012, 02:07 AM
Okay folks just call this a modern miracle... I'm not bragging but I don't know of any company that could have pulled off what we've pulled off here.

Not only did we build FOUR attractions since November, produce two magazines, two new DVD's, re-built THREE whole entire haunted attractions including creating all kinds of new custom animations and scenes, added new features to Hauntworld.com but we also managed to build a tradeshow booth in TWO FREAKIN DAYS... no its not done but we might get it done in time for the show.

I don't think ANYONE could have done what we are doing here in TWO DAYS... this thing is crazy. We worked DAY and NIGHT on this ... SOMEHOW we have to figure out how to paint it and detail it in HALF a DAY! So when you see it keep in mind it was built and painted in 2 and a half days. Yeah I said two and a half days.

We also managed to work on our haunted houses today. We will finish these booths, bring them over the show around 4pm, set them up then get back to working on our haunted houses. Jim informed me today he thinks Darkness is about 85% and he said it will NOT be 100% but I already knew that... our goal is 90%. Lemp should be closer to higher 90%. It would probably take another 2 to 3 weeks to do everything... as you go you discover how things should be redone, something needs something you can't get in time blah, blah. It will be close.

drfrightner
03-07-2012, 02:11 AM
We also worked on our clown ice cream truck and its pretty cool but as we go and we see it work we say man o man it needs more hand rails, it needs more sound, it needs this and that... this never ends. We keep working and the credit card bill goes up and up and up and up... the pressure we feel is like we are opening for the first night in September but its really March. This is driving everyone crazy... you complete one list and you make another one. You can still get tickets at www.TheDarkness.com

damon carson
03-07-2012, 03:13 AM
I would have to say you have an amazing crew! I would like to see a reality show on h.p.I! It would be awesome to see how you are able to get so much work and detail in such a short time on your scenes. Everything you have shown looks amazing!
Damon
Frightmasters

mindtumor
03-07-2012, 12:00 PM
You should do kid tickets next year.

drfrightner
03-08-2012, 04:47 AM
FYI... I JUST GOT HOME was working on our booth and the Darkness until about 4am. I might not make it in early. LOL

You can still get tickets all day today and all the way up through Saturday.

I made a massive list of everything wrong, and no we won't get to it all but I think Darkness will be around 85% to 90%. Get your tickets at www.thedarkness.com

Larry

Frightener
03-08-2012, 02:29 PM
Larry, we just found out we don't have to work Sat and are planning on coming up. I want to hit your Darkness event but I can't tell which one I need. We just want to go to the Darkness Sat. Night. Is it the one towards the bottom for $50?

Thanks,

Dewayne

drfrightner
03-11-2012, 01:44 AM
Wanted to say THANK YOU to EVERYONE who attended our tour. We did our best even though we didn't get everything we wanted done. There was several things we just ran out of time on... the walking zombies have to be totally rebuilt, our drop down animations never could get installed, and many other little things. I learned A LOT from the first year we did this tour, I learned so much from all of you and its helped our business. I hope your business was helped by our tour. Its been a mutual beneficial experience for us.

We have done this tour for the industry not ourselves, we wanted to do things that pushed the envelope and if it wasn't for YOU GUYS we never would have done all these things we've done. We wanted to inspire people and in the process we've learned what we can do!!!

Its very rewarding to hear all the people come through and thank you for opening... that is the ONLY reason and the ONLY thing we appreciate.

Again thank you very much for supporting this event. I also wanted to say thank you to Greg who did the paint ball event, his staff did a fantastic job to ensure everyone had a great time. This paint ball trailers were truly awesome.

Again thank you so much! Now I must admit need a serious detox, I'm really really burnt out right now. There was a lot of arguments, fights, stressful 18 hour days/nights, too much stress and everything between trying to get all of this done in time. Everyone needs a break. Since this has been coming to St. Louis its like we open twice, the most stressful thing is opening for the first time, and we do it twice. I know for a fact I've lost at least 5 or 6 years of my life doing this. LOL

Lastly I wanted to say once we get those walking zombies working, and the other things we hoped to do done, I will post videos and more photos right here... promise.

Larry

HauntedPaws
03-12-2012, 02:26 AM
I definitely tested those trigger pads more then once. Maybe more then trice too.

Frightener
03-13-2012, 07:16 AM
First off, Larry, we finally made it to the tour saturday! Thank you for what you do. The place was AWESOME! It's one thing to see it in photos, totally different to be able to stand in front of the slayer, and touch the walls and feel the work put into everything.

We purchased your dvd as well and got some shirts. We all loved it and my niece is wanting to help with our haunt so bad now lol.

As far as the walkin zombies go, are you guys talking about the illusion hallway? We didn't think about looking for a pad to trip, however I did have to work on the elevator quite a bit. I just HAD to get it going for the girls. They've never been on an elevator prop like that before. But it finally worked.

Anyways, your haunt was awesome, the actors were superb. W/o breaking char they were able to react with us and such a way it was heartwarming. I can't talk enough about your place at my job. So anyways, just thought I'd let you know, that another amateur has been inspired by your work and it's like a boot to the arse in motivation.

Thanks,

Dewayne

Brianmudgett
03-13-2012, 10:03 PM
Larry thanks for everything. It was amazing getting to see the haunt for the last 4 years. This year I brought some of my crew. They were amazed and we are still talking about it. Iím sorry to hear that some people are complaining about the little things. Your haunt is truly amazing!

Thank you and enjoy your break,
Brian Mudgett

drfrightner
03-14-2012, 10:22 AM
The walking zombies must be rebuilt from scratch. We are pulling them out today. Had we operated them as is they would have broke and possible fallen into the glass and broke that as well. I have seen them walk and the effect is VERY COOL but better safe than sorry. The concept works perfect its just a matter of fixing the walking zombies. There is always problems with pressure pads, motion sensors and everything else. It will take some more time to perfect everything.

The one thing I wanted to say about the walking zombies... their heads explode at the end of their walk. The whole scene is interactive... a cop shoots at them, there is sound fx to go along with it, he scares you by shooting at the zombies, then at the end of their walk their heads explode ... its very cool.

Sorry we couldn't show you that. I'll get it on video and post here.

Larry

drfrightner
03-14-2012, 12:19 PM
BTW... our CO2 cannon was also not working because we bought the wrong type of CO2. Apologize for that one as well. I'll get video of that as well.

Larry

screamforadream
03-14-2012, 05:02 PM
Wrong CO2?

I built a couple CO2 guns this year to go in our facade and pop out and shoot the audience with at completely random times, I am assuming you got the wrong form of CO2, not just wrong CO2?

Air Gar Inc supplies just generic CO2 tanks for whatever your purpose be, even if you wanna clean your haunt with it afterwards. Never knew CO2 was a cleaning agent until I started making these little blasters lol.

mindtumor
03-15-2012, 05:23 AM
So, whats the deal are you going to do this all again next year?

drfrightner
06-07-2012, 10:11 AM
Just as we did LAST year we hired a video crew to video tape the experience. Now watch all the new stuff, see what people thought, and see images from the TW show itself. This is The Darkness video however I will have a video of Haunting/Lemp for you to watch as well. I learned from the first experience that if you do a tour like this video tape everything, and stand at the exit and field all comments and since I have done that things have gone great. So please watch the video and have fun! Lemp video coming soon!

http://youtu.be/vvRxfimhlZM

MovieRelics
06-07-2012, 02:15 PM
I erased my own thread on the Darkness renovation thread. So all the updates, photos, everything GONE! That thread had 8000 views, and now I have to start over ... so we'll just pick up where I left off early today. Sorry! One of my favorite words is IDIOT I call 100 people a day idiot but I also call myself one at least 75 out of the 100. And today is no exception.

Do you have a backup of the database that you can restore the thread from?

drfrightner
06-09-2012, 09:08 PM
Here is ANOTHER VIDEO... this time of The Haunting "Lemp'. Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phxt5tPUg10&feature=plcp

john haines
06-20-2012, 05:47 PM
already planning a stop at the CROWN CANDY KITCHEN...................great photos !!!!!

john haines
06-27-2012, 07:12 PM
Pappy's smokehouse. Best rib joint in st louis !!!!!!!

drfrightner
07-04-2012, 04:00 PM
Yes that place is pretty good! BTW... working on uploading some photos of our screampark. We are almost done with the build out of this place... we are way ahead of schedule. We made the place a lot longer than last year... so soon I'll try and upload some photos.

Larry

drfrightner
07-27-2012, 11:19 AM
FYI... I'm turning all of my logos into CGI FX so I can use them on the front end of videos I upload to Youtube and or for my TV Commercials. I think I posted before we are making these now for any haunt who might want them! What do you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2YJ2z3ulfo&feature=youtu.be

Deathwing
07-27-2012, 02:25 PM
I think its pretty sweet. You include music in all graphics?

Price?

Jake

drfrightner
07-29-2012, 08:28 PM
Couple more updates... just like last year I will keep updating this thread with photos of all the stuff we do. One of the things we are adding this year is the worlds biggest Famous Faces pumpkin display. Here are some of the carved pumpkins that will be on display while people wait in line. Also will get pics of our scream park soon... just haven't taken any yet mostly focused on getting the construction done first. Its turning out pretty awesome.

Anyway check out our website I've been working on it day and night... almost got it done for the year. Still have a few other things to do but its getting there. www.Scarefest.com

Also to answer your question on the logos... we take YOUR artwork YOUR logos and turn them into CGI elements that you can use on TV or whatever. Once I have mine totally done we'll make a 30 second commercial out of them. You'll see... if anyone wants to get this done let me know.

Larry

john haines
08-02-2012, 12:44 PM
PHILADELPHIA SPECTRUM ARENA total haunted house. this display was at the very end of the haunt. really neat artwork !!!!!

drfrightner
08-04-2012, 12:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3VyB7_A6Sc&feature=plcp

drfrightner
08-10-2012, 01:44 PM
Another video this one is on Terror Visions 3D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C4iVNr1yws&feature=plcp

john haines
08-10-2012, 04:33 PM
Only the BEST is in St. Louis !!!!!!!great job !!!!

drfrightner
08-19-2012, 11:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OGw0ai1-zzQ

Another video

drfrightner
08-19-2012, 08:55 PM
We are also doing the hayride paint ball. We made up these rule banners. Larry

Pumpkin King
08-19-2012, 10:43 PM
I loved the paintball, good to hear you're making it permanent! Just one small thing, on the rules banner it said "que line" instead of saying "queue line."

drfrightner
08-21-2012, 12:49 AM
I'm not 110% positive but I'm pretty sure we'll re-open the Darkness for Transworld. We will not re-open Lemp. Additionally we might do something bigger at our Screampark location with the zombie paint ball. One of the main reasons we might do Darkness again is because we are planning on getting back into selling animations/products to the haunt industry. We are planning on coming out with probably the most amazing things we've ever done... I've already hired someone to start to create FX for The Darkness. What we plan on selling to this industry will be simply amazing. We plan to install of the above into the Darkness for the 2013 season. I have thought long and hard about this and I've come to a few different conclusions. The main one is that I lose a ton of money doing this, hence won't do the Lemp and two I don't want to spend the kind of money I've been spending re-doing these haunts that I've done in the past, again not opening the Lemp. So after really thinking it through and realizing all the money we lose trying to do something so over the top simply to impress haunt owners, I decided no way not again.

However then after realizing that next year is the Darkness' 20th season... I decided that yeah I want to do something cool and special because its our 20th season. So and because it will be our 20th years, and wanting to do something really awesome because of this reason, and lastly because we will launch some new products at the show during the 2013 Transworld we'll open The Darkness again.

Again we will not open Lemp and we might do something with the paintball hayride with Greg and his guys from Fearfest. We'll see...

So bottom line is we are planning something really really really cool... best stuff I've ever come up with. I have some new people working with me so hopefully we'll be seeing something really exciting!!! I'm getting excited to get started... whoops I already have!

Larry

drfrightner
08-29-2012, 11:12 PM
Another new video on The Darkness... check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Twz_16NBw7E&feature=plcp

drfrightner
09-05-2012, 01:44 PM
Couple things... in our non-stop effort to educate you about what we do in appreciation of those who continue to support us! Here is your tip of the day... selling tickets online is the best way to have a successful attraction. Your customers need to be educated why and what benefit they get for it... remember when you have a potential guest on your website you want to sell them a ticket before they leave your site. You never know if they come if they don't buy a ticket. This year in an effort to get our online sales to 50% of the total gross we made this video! Check it out.

Larry
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB0R38iNHys

drfrightner
09-10-2012, 12:47 AM

So how big is Creepyworld... well its massive!!! I tried to take some pictures from high above the ground. Check it out!

Larry

damon carson
09-10-2012, 11:16 AM
i cant wait to come check out your haunts this year! Creepy Worlds on the top of my list! Good thing your not scared of heights! haha!
Damon
www.frightmasters.weebly.com

drfrightner
09-13-2012, 02:38 AM
More pics... we are working on this really cool pumpkin display at Creepyworld It is very very cool!

Larry

drfrightner
09-16-2012, 05:45 AM
We opened tonight and had a decent turn out ... lots of stuff needs to be fixed as is to be expected. We got on top of everything... hard to do when you have over 200 things that move, shake, and rattle. LOL. All in all we did a good job! Probably the smoothest opening ever now we just need to focus on all the little things and we'll be ready to roll for the season.

Here is our new TV commercial what do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RgMVeYAbb4&feature=plcp

drfrightner
09-29-2012, 03:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf23M9tM8is&feature=plcp

drfrightner
10-01-2012, 12:00 PM
Alight check out this video... a zombie paintball video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZKgZHbCBKY&feature=youtu.be

drfrightner
10-29-2012, 06:34 PM
More Videos... We have been producing new videos like every single week and using them to promote the haunts. Check out some new ones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA49kHNSBuw&feature=plcp

Allen H
10-29-2012, 06:57 PM
Looking good Larry.