PDA

View Full Version : Transworld Friday Night Party at the City Museum

thrilltainment
02-04-2012, 12:01 PM
hey guys!
just wanted to chime in and remind everyone that the official Transworld Friday night party is being held at the City Museum this year.
this will be an EXCLUSIVELY HAUNTERS catered event with snacks and cash bar with FULL ACCESS to the City Museum from 8PM to Midnight on Friday, March 9, 2012.

We're expecting this event to be HUGE and sold out so don't wait until Transworld to buy your tickets. Tickets must be purchased BEFORE March 1st!

Here's the link: https://registration.tweshows.com/events/show/hs8#FridayEvents

if you don't know what the City Museum is --- words won't do it justice. imagine a life-size gerbil maze (giant slides, tunnels, caves, ramps, etc) made of scrap metal and recycled materials built in an old shoe factory! this is what you wanted to do as a kid! I know haunters and really appreciate this place because the architectural style and ingenuity is very similar to what haunters do to make things happen!

I'm hoping that everyone will appreciate the new event we've added to the Transworld events lineup this year =)

- Quan

Bradenton Haunted Trail
02-05-2012, 06:27 PM
I can not wait to go this party I missed the museum last year and wanted to go this year soo it is a perfect fit.

Shawn
Twisted Woods

freak 'n' stein
02-07-2012, 06:32 PM
I cannot WAIT!! I know devolino tried to get me to do the museum last year but I was busy with...errrr...other things! hahahaha...

TW is what I live for every year. The people. The haunts. The FUN. GET EXCITED!!!!!

Bradenton Haunted Trail
02-07-2012, 09:30 PM
Hey Quan, there is no way on that lynk to buy tickets can you re post one that will let me buy some please. Also are you offering the Haunted House bundle again this year? We baught one last year and loved them.

Shawn
http://www.twistedwoods.com

freak 'n' stein
02-08-2012, 09:51 AM
Hey Quan, there is no way on that lynk to buy tickets can you re post one that will let me buy some please. Also are you offering the Haunted House bundle again this year? We baught one last year and loved them.

Shawn

Is the bundle you're talking about the 45 lights for $1000? If so we loved that too!! We already have another $1000 set aside to order more :)) !! Only grievance is way more UVs than we needed.

Bradenton Haunted Trail
02-08-2012, 10:00 AM
Is the bundle you're talking about the 45 lights for $1000? If so we loved that too!! We already have another $1000 set aside to order more :)) !! Only grievance is way more UVs than we needed.

They will change the UVs out for other colors, Well they did that for me at least.

Shawn

freak 'n' stein
02-08-2012, 03:58 PM
They will change the UVs out for other colors, Well they did that for me at least.

Shawn

I was going to ask but then we ended up coming up with a room that utilized majority of them!! Maybe next time...

drfrightner
02-09-2012, 01:57 AM
Couple things... just in my opinion the City Museum is not a place you want to seriously try to experience as an adult. You could get hurt! DO NOT try to climb up and down things because you might get STUCK... there are so many crazy things going on there but it really takes a physically fit person or small person to do them.

I think for an adult City Museum is more a place you roll through there in an hour or two just to see how creative the place really is... its very creative and a work of art through-out. But a playground for adults never... you might end up hurting yourself.

It's breathtaking piece of art, and teens and children can pretty much do everything but adults not so much. I would advice reserving an hour or two out of your schedule over the trip just to walk around and check it out. Very creative!

If you are trying to sight see let me give you a list.

1) Arch - Has a wonderful museum under the Arch then the trip up is fun!
2) City Museum - A piece of art fun to look at.
3) Zoo - Its the best Zoo in the nation and its free.
4) Science Center - One of the best in the nation and its free.
5) Botanical Gardens - It is suppose to be the best one in the nation.
6) Magic House - Inspired City Museum. Its for kids of all ages. Very cool place, clearly City Museum copied them in many ways.
7) Art Museum - Awesome simply awesome and its FREE.
8) Washington Street - Lots of stuff to do there. Hey you are already there! LOL
9) Delmar Street - Not far off... it is probably the coolest place to be in St. Louis. Its pretty awesome lots of fun stuff to do there.
10) The Darkness baby!

Larry

freak 'n' stein
02-09-2012, 09:09 AM
For some reason I saw the darkness topping that list...and I hoped it was followed by "FREE"

...and then I woke up. LMAO!!!

drfrightner
02-09-2012, 10:49 AM
LOL. You know honestly I would do something free if I didn't spend any money on the event. Each year I spend 4 to 5 times more than we get back then I have to sit around for 6 plus months its hard to swallow!

I wish I could. But there are so many things to do free around here it makes up for it!

Larry

Jolly Pumpkin
02-09-2012, 11:55 AM
On the City Museum website, it says that admission after 5 is only $10 on Friday and Saturday. Is the party going to be in a special room and is their $15 worth of snacks? I'm just wondering why I should buy a ticket to the party instead of just paying $10 and talking to haunters at the museum. What else is included in the party to make it worth the extra money?

drfrightner
02-09-2012, 12:17 PM
Their ticket window system up front on late Friday/Saturday is so bad that you can just walk right in no problem without even paying a dime. It works more with the honor system because if you don't want to pay when its busy you don't pay you just walk right in. They are really busy Friday and Saturday. Personally I would suggest doing exactly what you just brought up and go after 10pm for 10 bucks and just walk around and check out the place. It really is neat to look at ... I personally have never seen anything like it anywhere but as I said I wouldn't attempt many of the tubes and all that you might get yourself in a JAM! LOL

thrilltainment
02-15-2012, 06:52 AM
hey guys, sorry to respond to the thread so late --- lots of things happening preshow.

the ticket from Transworld is for the catered event, we have a ballroom reserved just for the haunters and tickets will be checked. there will also be a drawing for those who attend the party. you need to register for TW first before you can purchase the tickets for the party.

as for deals at the show, we will be offering the lowest prices of the year at TW on our classic models, and yes, look forward to a bundled deal of some sort =)

OblivionHauntedHouse
02-16-2012, 09:27 AM
Quan, still cant find the link to buy tickets. Can you post where to go to get tickets? There is no link to purchase on the previous link you posted.

Thanks!

thrilltainment
02-16-2012, 11:54 PM
My best guess is that you have to register for TW first and use your registration ID to sign up for the event:
https://registration.tweshows.com/events/hs8

Since I'm a vendor, I don't know the standard registration process --- if you still have any trouble, I suggest contacting the TW staff:

Donna Connolly
Customer Service Rep
(847) 784-2414
d.connolly@tweshows.com

I hope this info is helpful.

- Quan

Quan, still cant find the link to buy tickets. Can you post where to go to get tickets? There is no link to purchase on the previous link you posted.

Thanks!

jason
03-07-2012, 07:54 PM
Can you still purchase tickets while at transworld? what booth will sell them? can i purchase a ticket to the museum instead via transworld?

drfrightner
03-08-2012, 03:26 AM
Listen up and I'm only being honest here... all you party animals want to hang out at the hotel and party not at City Museum.

I got a suggestion for you instead of coming to the show EARLY go to the City museum in the AM stay there until about lunch time then head over to the tradeshow. You can walk the tradeshow floor in like 30 minutes if you wanted to zoom through everything, so you have plenty of time between Thursday - Friday and Saturday to see whatever.

I've said it before the place is cool but for a haunted house owner in his 40's (LOL) you just want to walk around snap some pics and head back to the show.

Additionally I'm going to give you a suggestion every day between 9am and noon head out and see the city... hit the Arch because they have this AWESOME museum under it, IMAX theater which I hear makes you sick, and go up into the arch. The St. Louis Zoo is ranked the #1 zoo in AMerica and it is FREE... you can see a lot of these things if you just go in the AM then head back over to the show.

Just my two cents.

Larry