PDA

View Full Version : Industry Input TV Show

graystone
02-07-2012, 10:21 AM
I am in the process of working on TV show with Danielle Harris. Without giving or going into much info the basic concept is about haunters across America as they build their shows as well as their normal jobs. This is subject to be altered some but right now that's where we are heading and where the talks are. What would you like to see, who would you like to see, what would you like to see covered. Where would you like to see this aired? Although I know who we're in talks to carry it. Who would you like to see. This is something me and her has teamed up on. Me and her will own the show unless we sell again several things could change but I want imput. IF THIS WAS BULLSHIT I WOULD NOT BE WASTING MY TIME POSTING and would not be in and out of LA wasting our time. With her as my partner I have passed several hurdles. Again I really don't need a change in ideas just imput of what we are doing. Let me hear from you I really want your input! Larry, Ben, Paul? Shane and it's I AM THE PRODUCER! Shane

I know Larry had mentioned something about a show as well this is not the same and I am not sure who contacted him. Me and Danielle own this show.

HauntedPaws
02-07-2012, 11:22 AM
Probably depends on how many episodes you're having and the style of the episode. Is it one haunt per show or does it follow several haunts per show? Following several haunts you probably should think to do a large, medium, small, and outdoors. Perhaps even a new haunter too. Syfy is probably you're target network too.

Badger
02-07-2012, 11:32 AM
I am in the process of working on TV show with Danielle Harris. Without giving or going into much info the basic concept is about haunters across America as they build their shows as well as their normal jobs. This is subject to altered some but right now that's where we are heading and where the talks are. What would you like to see, who would you like to see, what would you like to see covered. Where would you like to see this aired although I know who I would like to see. This is something me and her has teamed up on. Me and her will own the show unless we sell again several things could change but I want imput. IF THIS WAS BULLSHIT I WOULD NOT BE WASTING MY TIME POSTING and would not be in and out of LA wasting our time. With her as my partner I have passed several hurdles. Again I really don't need a change in ideas just imput of what we are doing. Let me hear from you I really want your input! Larry, Ben, Paul? Shane and it's I AM THE PRODUCER! Shane

I know Larry had mentioned something about a show as well this is not the same and I am not sure who contacted him. Me and Danielle own this show.

I would certainly like to see ME hosting this show...:D

graystone
02-07-2012, 11:55 AM
My initial thoughts was it airing during Halloween however that's changed as they are more interested in a longer show that will air for a loner period of time. It was be up to 6 haunts per show airing the same haunts through the season. Shane and it's what do you guys want to see Shane!

HauntedPaws
02-07-2012, 12:18 PM
Is "they" syfy? 6 for a hour show comes down to 7.5mins each with 15 minutes of commercials. This seems a little to brief?

graystone
02-07-2012, 12:40 PM
Paws I said up to 6 I did not say 6 just depends. Also I am not looking for someone to question what I am doing or how I do it unless they want to front the money for this and then I will say do your own LOL. My reason for the thread is what they/you would like to see not how it's being done. So with that if you have any imput on what I asked in my origional post I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR IT. Just so I am clear as to the reason of this thread! Shane and it's back to the subject! Shane

HauntedPaws
02-07-2012, 01:16 PM
You said up to 6 and MY INPUT was 6 seems to many for such a short, per episode time frame. So MY INPUT would be no more then 4. I didn't question squat or tell you how to do it either I was providing constructive criticism. I was only curious if SyFy was "they", because they appear to be having quite a few horror shows lately. If you're last post was being jovial I took didn't take it as such.

graystone
02-07-2012, 01:29 PM
I don't need criticism. I need imput to the show and it's cast! AGAIN I ASKED WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE, WHO YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE AND WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE COVERED. I did not see you answer any of that and like I said in my first post I know who were doing the show with but I did not mention because I want to see what channel people are watching most. Jovial I am happy most of the time so you can usually take my post that way. Shane and maybe that clears things up! Shane

fright
02-07-2012, 01:42 PM
It would be cool if there was home haunters on it.

HauntedPaws
02-07-2012, 01:59 PM
Cast:
A scream queen host.
People the caliber of Jordu, Cleve or Ve for prop, theme, etc ... commentary.

I'd like to see:

How you make the effects specifically from start to finish.
Walk-throughs like we see here already but lights on and then lights off.
How much did this room cost?
DIY did a nice haunt build. 75% build, then going thought it in production with the host and then patrons going through.

Have props "break" and show how they're better fixed to prevent a re-occurrence.
Some haunt dos and don'ts and why.
Little haunt trivia.
Differences between haunts by region.
Little Transworld cameo.
flea market shopping for props
Little bit on actors and issues with actors.

Slain
02-07-2012, 02:15 PM
I am in the process of working on TV show with Danielle Harris. Without giving or going into much info the basic concept is about haunters across America as they build their shows as well as their normal jobs. This is subject to be altered some but right now that's where we are heading and where the talks are. What would you like to see, who would you like to see, what would you like to see covered. Where would you like to see this aired? Although I know who we're in talks to carry it. Who would you like to see. This is something me and her has teamed up on. Me and her will own the show unless we sell again several things could change but I want imput. IF THIS WAS BULLSHIT I WOULD NOT BE WASTING MY TIME POSTING and would not be in and out of LA wasting our time. With her as my partner I have passed several hurdles. Again I really don't need a change in ideas just imput of what we are doing. Let me hear from you I really want your input! Larry, Ben, Paul? Shane and it's I AM THE PRODUCER! Shane

I would love to have them come do an episode at our place.. I could see something like featuring all the celebrties we've had over the years. And Shane as you know ther is always Drama at a haunted house.. Anytime you get that many folks together with the differant personalities.. What a show it could be...
Coming home from my 8 til 5 job and putting on my Atrox gear and heading off each night to put on the show.. I can see at the begining, giving hugs and kisses to my two little boys and letting them know that it only last a month.. It's really hard on them becuase I dont see them at all in the month of October...
Great concept!

HauntedPaws
02-07-2012, 02:25 PM
Hauntedpaws what do you do? Live on this site?

I get the pleasure of working from home and need a distraction on conference calls.

graystone
02-07-2012, 02:34 PM
Cast:
A scream queen host.
People the caliber of Jordu, Cleve or Ve for prop, theme, etc ... commentary.

I'd like to see:

How you make the effects specifically from start to finish.
Walk-throughs like we see here already but lights on and then lights off.
How much did this room cost?
DIY did a nice haunt build. 75% build, then going thought it in production with the host and then patrons going through.

Have props "break" and show how they're better fixed to prevent a re-occurrence.
Some haunt dos and don'ts and why.
Little haunt trivia.
Differences between haunts by region.
Little Transworld cameo.
flea market shopping for props
Little bit on actors and issues with actors.

Thats exactly what I am looking for!!!!! Shane and it's keep them coming! Shane

Slain
02-07-2012, 02:40 PM
I would love to have them come do an episode at our place.. I could see something like featuring all the celebrties we've had over the years. And Shane as you know ther is always Drama at a haunted house.. Anytime you get that many folks together with the differant personalities.. What a show it could be...
Coming home from my 8 til 5 job and putting on my Atrox gear and heading off each night to put on the show.. I can see at the begining, giving hugs and kisses to my two little boys and letting them know that it only last a month.. It's really hard on them becuase I dont see them at all in the month of October...
Great concept!

I think I have at least 6 or seven folks from our place getting a divorce! Amazingly most are blaming it on the haunted house...PLEASE................

graystone
02-07-2012, 02:49 PM
I think I have at least 6 or seven folks from our place getting a divorce! Amazingly most are blaming it on the haunted house...PLEASE................

Their getting divorces at your place and they coming out of the closet at mine!!! Shane and it's LMAO! Shane

Slain
02-07-2012, 02:59 PM
Their getting divorces at your place and they coming out of the closet at mine!!! Shane and it's LMAO! Shane
Sorry to hear that! I hope that is not going on at our place.. Just the normal heterosexual bullshit at ours.. I am going to have a sign made up to check your vagina and penis's at the door....

terrormasue
02-07-2012, 03:43 PM
I know this may sound weird but I love Lord of the Rings and during years of production and creation many people involved in those movies got divorced. I just hink it happens when one spouse gets so involved with something other that the other spouse. LOL Sometimes it is hard for people to understand the passion and the dedication that haunters have. I know my peers at work are getting sick of me because I am always playing our radio commerical to anyone who will listen LOL! But ya know, I really don't care because TransWorld is almost here!!

Sue

HauntedPaws
02-07-2012, 04:31 PM
I really don't care because TransWorld is almost here!!

2,505,600 seconds
41,760 minutes
696 hours
4 weeks (rounded down)

Slain
02-07-2012, 05:12 PM
I know this may sound weird but I love Lord of the Rings and during years of production and creation many people involved in those movies got divorced. I just hink it happens when one spouse gets so involved with something other that the other spouse. LOL Sometimes it is hard for people to understand the passion and the dedication that haunters have. I know my peers at work are getting sick of me because I am always playing our radio commerical to anyone who will listen LOL! But ya know, I really don't care because TransWorld is almost here!!

Sue

Sue you are right on!
I really don't understand but I guess I'm not supposed to...
All I know is I get tired of the drama..
I really think they all just need to get laid..
May not solve the things long term but maybe they can make it through the month..

lurker
02-07-2012, 07:52 PM
I really would not want to see an industry based show that feeds on drama. We don't need a Jersey Shore style show. Inevitably we all have younger folks working at our attractions, and young people have a nasty habit of taking their cues from what they watch on tv. I really don't want actors thinking that haunts are the newest stages for them to be drama kings and queens. I want actors that keep the drama in their scenes not letting it run rampant behind them.
I think a show that illustrated the wide variety of haunted attractions, and how everyone does haunting differently would be a cool way to approach it. You could feature 5 haunted attractions on the show ranging from a giant mega haunt down to an impressive yard haunt. The show could jump back and forth between the haunts showing what they have to do at different stages of preparing their shows. That is just my opinion.

Bradenton Haunted Trail
02-07-2012, 08:14 PM
Hey Shane good luck with the new venture I hope it does well. A few things I would like to see are what it takes some people to set up there haunt year in and year out for thoes with temp locations. There struggle to find locations and then having to build there haunt in like 3 weeks to open in time. Also show some charity haunts and the amount of good they do for our community. The big haunts are a must with out question but throw a few smaller one in there also (hint "me" lol). It would be cool to see a passionat haunter going through the pains of there first year going pro. And some pre season stuff building sets and props throught the year. the possiabilties are endless can not wait to see the show and the buy it on Blue-Ray.

Shawn
http://www.twistedwoods.com

Tater
02-07-2012, 09:18 PM
Shane

Why dont you take it from diff aspects of the haunt...I.E. have them follow the owner, the Propmaker, The Makeup artist, the Tech guy and an Actor. That makes up all of the show together.

deathstaste
02-07-2012, 09:33 PM
Who Kevin Mccurdy, Global fear, Dan faupel, Eric lowther and Zombie army. what concept design the build and the operation.

Gore Galore
02-08-2012, 03:13 AM
Shane,

Honestly,
I don't know if you want to get tooo in depth. In other words, what most "haunters" want to see if it is a show for general audiences.
Example, most of our buyers are haunters, but we don't sell much to general audiences. They don't like our products, they are not WALMART enough for them.
Does that thinking make sense?
In other words, I think too much detail on how things are done is wasted on a tv audience. You show them bits and pieces but not a DVD on how things are done.
I think Tater has a good idea on what I think would draw viewers in.

freak 'n' stein
02-08-2012, 09:55 AM
Agreed with Tater. That would be a different perspective than any of the BTS shows that have aired so far offer. Don't get me wrong, I love BTS, but for TV a great doc style would be great!!

Jim Warfield
02-08-2012, 07:04 PM
"ruin the "Magic" for some people. I have had this said to me by some customers here. They don't want to "know" how to do, or how something is made to happen that looks so fantastic... they just want to enjoy and feel amazement from the experience.
As money gets tighter and more scarce, providing people with as much info and scenes of the experiences on their TV or computer at home, might not help get them off of their butts, gas up the car and come and actually buy the ticket.
The "verdict" is still out on this as far as I am concerned. No one TV show or anything else will be bringing any haunt a ton of business. But then, what if it destroys the business we have? Fame from the camera lense is very fleeting and transitory.
The audience at home will watch anything, this has been proven over and over again, but which one of 100 channels will they be watching when your show is on? Quite the crap-shoot to bet a block of quality time and money on.
As far as the phoney "drama" of un-real reality TV... I hate it, it makes me ill. I would rather watch kids shit their diapers, at least this would be a real problem and a genuine experience.
So Shane, if you will be wearing a diaper....I would ... watch, and laugh, unless my new 2035 computer-Tv had "Smell-O-Rama!
("Smell-Surround?")

MovieRelics
02-09-2012, 12:13 AM
Hey Shane,

Glad to hear that your making progress on your show. Sounds like we may be a little similar in our formats, but as I said before, if you need any of the footage that we've shot already with the haunts we visited, let me know and I'll see what we can work out. I'm actually working on some of the episodes this week and I'll see if I can't put together a quick trailer from what we got! Give me a ring if you want to chat about it more!

drfrightner
02-09-2012, 03:20 AM
Shane,

I can't think of anyone better than you to have a TV show. You are one funny dude!

I would watch that show.

Our company has been offered 4 or 5 tv shows and so far I've passed on them all... I have no time for a camera following me around everywhere I go.

Everyone on our staff wants us to do it... Jim is 50/50. Who knows maybe we will maybe we won't. They want us to do a show where we build attractions for people and everything between goes wrong which it usually does! LOL

Anyway I hope you do a show because I would watch every episode.

Larry

PS: Speaking of this was a haunted house and Unit 70 on Shipping wars. I think that show sucks big time, it is 110% STUPID! But I watch Storage Wars and TIVO a show and saw the last 2 minutes of a Shipping Wars. What happened there does anyone know.

Speculo
02-09-2012, 05:18 AM
I heard it was House of Torment getting something from Unit 70.... Did not see it.

Gore Galore
02-09-2012, 06:23 AM
Jim has a valid point.
Showing the general public HOW you do a haunt is like a Magician giving away ALL his secrets.
It ruins the illusion.

Just an idea, but what about treating each haunt like a set of a movie and filming mini movies that use the Haunt characters and story line and giving that to the audience.

elowther
02-09-2012, 06:40 AM
Shane,

I think you have a good idea. I also think if you model the show after a proven formula it would be great. I don't think it would ruin the magic. Some of the shows that have worked with this formula so far are.

Deadliest Catch
Axe Men
Gold Rush
American Chopper
Ice Road Truckers

Gold Rush is on Friday night at 9 if you want to check it out. Very interesting characters on there and ratings are very good for that show.

It's the personalities behind the scenes doing interesting things that will make the show. Having Danielle as the host will be awesome! It will make all haunts much more popular if it gets on. All aspects of running a haunt are interesting and have not really been seen in depth by the general public. The build up to the season opening is great to build the anticipation and excitement.

Let us know if you want an outdoor haunt for the show. Good luck and keep us posted!

Eric

MovieRelics
02-09-2012, 08:05 AM
Here is a sample of the kind of show that we are putting together. The first haunts that we are featuring are the ones that we were able to make it out to during the season. We like to show up and record the haunt pre-haunt season to get a preview of what's being created and then come back again during the open season of the haunt to record and mix the two views together to see how everything that was being created came together.

Our first episodes will be featuring Dent Schoolhouse, Fear Fair and Indy Screampark. If your interested in having your haunt featured for this next Halloween season, drop us a note and we will see what we can work out. We love showcasing great haunts for the entire industry to see! I'm excited to see Shane putting together a show also and can't wait to see what happens! Haunters put a ton of work into their haunts and everyone should see and appreciate the blood, sweat, and tears of those involved to put on a great season for guest!

lE6rJ2rNGPY

graystone
02-09-2012, 07:46 PM
Talked to Ben and he has my head spinning with really good suggestions. Bottom line what the network wants is to see everything there is to see! From personal lives of the owner, the crews, they want to see everything there is to do from dealing with vendors, permits and codes. There will be drama it sells and when I talked to them about my original concept it was.... Been there done that! Danielle pretty much made me realize what they wanted and to pull this off that's what I have to do. If you have a suggestion I still want to hear it! Shane and it's I am listining! Shane

damon carson
02-09-2012, 10:06 PM
Shane I'm glad you and danielle are doing this! I think you will be able to draw many viewers with this not only haunters and haunt enthusiasts but even maybe even draw more people to haunted houses nationwide that wouldn't normally attend a haunted house by showing the fun side of it all. I think
some behind the scenes would be good for all watching. When you think only 18 to 2o
percent of money spent on halloween is at haunted houses who knows you could increase that number significantly with this show. Maybe show an average normal family at home and have them talk about how they attend their local haunt every year! Explain how halloween isn't just one day out of the year its a season, its a business, its the life and blood that runs through many of us. I think with danielle and robert englund and other great horror movie stars making cameos on the show would be awesome! I wish you all the best of luck and I'm eager to see it!
Best of luck!
Damon
Frightmasters

Grimley
02-10-2012, 03:13 PM
Well if they show interaction with vendors there will be no end to the drama.

graystone
02-12-2012, 11:44 AM
Shane,

I can't think of anyone better than you to have a TV show. You are one funny dude!

I would watch that show.

Our company has been offered 4 or 5 tv shows and so far I've passed on them all... I have no time for a camera following me around everywhere I go.

Everyone on our staff wants us to do it... Jim is 50/50. Who knows maybe we will maybe we won't. They want us to do a show where we build attractions for people and everything between goes wrong which it usually does! LOL

Anyway I hope you do a show because I would watch every episode.

Larry

PS: Speaking of this was a haunted house and Unit 70 on Shipping wars. I think that show sucks big time, it is 110% STUPID! But I watch Storage Wars and TIVO a show and saw the last 2 minutes of a Shipping Wars. What happened there does anyone know.

Larry glad your still watching storage wars!! I say you, me and Ben. Paul and a few others needs to go and buy some units!!!!!!! Honestly I don't want to do the show myself I want to just be the creator and owner with Danielle that's where were heading or I want to to head! If someone else were doing the show I might be inclined to do it but I did not want to do a show where it comes off as I created it for me so at this point my focus is behind the scenes! Were seeing a few vendors doing some shows now. But NO ONE AND I MEAN NO ONE KNOWS THE STRESS AND PRESSURE OF OWING A HAUNT WHERE YOUR PUTTING YOUR BEST FOOT FORWARD!!! It's time to showcase some haunts out there and the blood and sweat they put into it!!! I don't think it will let out any secrets I actually think people will say there is no way I would deal with the stress and drama that comes with pulling off these shows! Shane and it's DON'T FORGET I WANT TO PRODUCE! Shane

Shipping Wars I think the chick is hot but that dude with the long gray hair I want to slap the shit out of!!!!! I watch it but it's no storage wars! Yes they picked up a vampire prop at Unit70 and it was droped off at H O T!

deathstaste
02-12-2012, 10:08 PM
I would watch a show about you and your haunt. Plus being on both sides of the camera would make it easier to get what you need on film. Think of it as a dry run to work out the bugs of the show for future episodes at other haunts. This would be a good marketing tool to get haunts to jump on board. I hope you do it because I can't get enough haunt from whats out there. If it takes someone to assist you producing the show learn from that to. Do the show but as far as not wanting to do a show where it comes off as created for yourself that's where the challenge comes in. sincerely