PDA

View Full Version : National Haunters Convention May 4-6, 2012 - Official Thread

TheMonsterMaze
02-12-2012, 10:05 AM
Greater Philadelphia Expo Center at Oaks Pennsylvania
May 4th - May 6th, 2012
http://www.nationalhauntersconvention.com

VIDEOS OF PREVIOUS YEARS CONVENTION:
http://www.nationalhauntersconvention.com/video.htm

DAY OF THE DEAD themed costume ball on Cinco de Mayo !
http://www.cadaverscotillion.com

Floorplan of the convention
http://www.nationalhauntersconvention.com/floorplan2012.pdf

Vendor List
(Note: vendors are still signing up, we will update this list periodically)
http://www.nationalhauntersconvention.com/vendors.htm

A Make Up WAR !
Think you're the best makeup artist in the industry?
PROVE IT!
http://www.makeupwar.com

PLENTY OF FUN EVENTS!
http://www.events.nationalhauntersconvention.com/

Tons of seminars!
A complete list of classes and details of each class can be found at:
http://www.halloweenuniversity.com/
(Click the "professional school" link)
Please check back periodically, additional classes are still being planned.

Hope to see you there!

graystone
02-12-2012, 10:26 AM
Seems like you guys are working hard to make this a good show! Looks like you have a good start on the vendor list HOWEVER I am sad to see Rick and the 13th Hour Magazine is still taking advantage of buyers and vendors! It does shock me that he still have the nerve to show! Other than that looks like things are off to a good start with you guys! Shane and it's I will always stand up for this industry and good work ethics! Shane

TheMonsterMaze
02-15-2012, 06:00 PM
The National Haunters Convention is looking for more seminar speakers:

Do you have an extensive knowledge of horror / haunted house industry ?
Are you an SPFX expert ? Prop designer ? Set designer ? Acting coach ?
If so, we are looking for seminar speakers for Halloween University
http://www.HalloweenUniversity.com/
Interested parties - please email me at mike@nationalhauntersconvention.com
or my business partner rob@nationalhauntersconvention.com

TheMonsterMaze
02-16-2012, 05:45 PM
http://www.nationalhauntersconvention.com/hotel.htm

DISCOUNT HOTEL INFO !

These incredible STUDIO rooms are starting at only $119 saving you hundreds of dollars off the normal prices.

1 Bedroom Full Studio Rooms only $119.00 and
1 Bedroom Full Suites with Living Rooms only $139.00 and

2 Bedroom Full Suites with joining Living Rooms only $179.00

Just mention “National Halloween Convention” as you group when booking a room.
(Why say "Halloween" instead of "Haunter" ? Have you said the word "Haunter" to normal people ? They think you're slurring the word "HUNTER" and then they ask you if your guests will be carrying guns !! ARRRGGHH!! Come on guys... work with me here.

http://www.nationalhauntersconvention.com/hotel.htm

The Homewood Suites Valley Forge

Homewood Suites Valley Forge
681 Shannondell Blvd
Audubon, PA 19403
610-539-7300 ext. 707
610-382-3980 (Direct)
www.homewoodsuitesvalleyforge.com

If you have any questions or concerns, our sales representative is:
Barbara L Ward, Sr. Sales Manager

NOTES:
Basketball court area and swimming pool open weather permitting!

1217012171)

davidm
02-20-2012, 01:58 PM
Is this in the big "main" room, that's just empty space, with roll up doors on one side and like a small bar on the left?

TheMonsterMaze
02-20-2012, 03:31 PM
David,

This is indeed in the largest room of the building with the bar on the side.

(FYI - the bar is where we will be having our meet and greet.)

davidm
02-20-2012, 06:38 PM
Cool, that's quite the space, I've been there a few other times for different events.

TheMonsterMaze
02-22-2012, 07:23 PM
Costume Ball

The National Haunters Convention & Halloween show is excited to announce a blockbuster partnership for this year for our Costume Ball!
A totally new experience, the Costume Ball this year will be located at Arnold’s Fun Center just across the parking lot from the Convention Center!
Arnold’s has over 144,000 square feet of action-packed indoor activities with our Costume Ball smack dab in the middle of it all located in their Theater room close to the Arcade Floor. Most events will be open all night long for us, so if you so incline you may even browse or try some of the other amazing indoor events.

Your entrance ticket will get you the Opening Reception and Cocktail hour with hors d’oeuvres. It will also get you the full ‘all you can eat’ buffet dinner. Our Cinco de Mayo theme special this year is delicious food with a Spanish flair! DJ, Music, Dancing and prizes, as well as a costume contest will delight you throughout the evening. Then, on top of it all, you will receive ‘tokens’ to enjoy some of the arcade games on the show floor! If that doesn’t fill your night, you can always stroll around the large facility and engage yourself in Arnold’s other activities* such as Go-karts, rides, arcade games, laser tag, black light bowling, or even black light mini golf!!! (*The other Arnold’s optional activities are open and available to all Costume Ball guests at an additional separate cost which can be simply purchased at Arnold’s onsite itself).

The Event Schedule and Cinco De Mayo
Fiesta Foods can be found below!

Hours: 6:00 p.m. – 12:00 midnight
6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Opening Reception & Cocktail Hour/Cold Hors d’ oeuvres & Cash Bar in Theater Room
7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. Buffet in Theater Room at Arnold’s Family Fun Center
9:00 p.m. – 12:00 midnight Costume Contest and dancing in Theater Room

Appetizers/Hors d’oeuvres
Cheese Nachos with Black Beans and Chipotle Peppers
Cheese & Crackers

Salad Bar
Limited Salad Bar with Taco Fixings

Entrees
Tacos
Hot Flautas
Pulled Pork
Burritos
Mexican Rice
Refried Beans
Southwestern Corn
Roast Beef (will not be a carving station)
Vegetable Lasagna
Fingerling Potatoes

Desserts
Churros
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Pie
Pastel de Tres Leches Cheesecake

This Year’s Costume Ball Theme…
Cinco de Mayo
with a twist of Mexican
Day of the Dead!!!!

Haunt man
02-22-2012, 08:43 PM
Ill be there for usre I cant wait it will be my first haunt convention!
Now I do have a question, the haunt tour, do you sell out of passes before the convention so I would need to order them online or is it ok to wait to the day of to buy them at the door?
Thanks!

TheMonsterMaze
02-25-2012, 04:05 PM
National Haunters Convention & Halloween Show Haunt Tour 2012 sponsored by D.A.F.E.
Located at the incredible:
Knoebel’s Amusement Park
in Elysburg, PA. (www.Knoebels.com)

The 2012 Haunt Tour is going to be an amazing blast! For our National Haunters Convention & Halloween Show guests along with our DAFE friends we are going to have an Amusement Park opened up just for our Haunt Tour!!!

That’s right, an exclusive Haunt Tour with multiple attractions in an Amusement Park opened just for us! Complete with dinner / concessions right inside the park. Never before seen footage of two completed Haunted House Dark Rides.

Haunted Coal Mine Haunted House Dark Ride - The Black Diamond
Classic Victorian Haunted House Dark Ride - Haunted Mansion

Numerous rides of each coupled with lights on behind the scene footage and secrets!

Don’t Miss you chance at this amazing tour.

May 3rd, 2012 - Thursday:

- 2:00pm *SHARP* : Bus departs from Homewood Suites Valley Forge Hotel to head to Knoebel’s Amusement Park in Elysburg, PA.

- 2:00pm to 4:00pm: Watch Movie on Bus
- 4:00pm : Arrive at Knoebel’s, disembark from Bus

- Mining Museum Display tribute to the anthracite coal mining industry.

- Shooting Gallery with light shooting rifles on Moonshine Mountain.

- Black Diamond Haunted Coal Mine Themed Dark Ride (New and 100% Completed Attraction - Famous Golden Nugget Rebuilt Ride from Wildwood, NJ)

- Black Diamond Lights on Tour (First Behind The Scenes Tour Ever of the Completed Black Diamond! - Small Groups as desired)

- Pizza Party Provided at the International Food Court [Pizza Party with Drinks and Snacks Provided]

- Ride(s) on the Haunted Mansion*
* Voted favorite Darkride of any type for 10 years straight!

- Lights on Tour of the Haunted Mansion

- Talk from Knoebel’s Park Executives about Haunted Mansion Stories and Insider Knowledge

- 8:15 pm : ** Sharp ** Bus Embarking and Heads back to Hotel
- 10:00 pm : Arrive back at Hotel

TheMonsterMaze
03-08-2012, 04:13 PM

TheMonsterMaze
03-14-2012, 07:23 PM
http://www.nationalhauntersconvention.com/floorplan2012.pdf
PLEASE NOTE CHANGES TO FLOORPLAN !!
Not one, but TWO HAUNTED ATTRACTIONS RIGHT ON OUR SHOWFLOOR !!!!!! This years convention is going to be *HUGE*

MDKing
03-14-2012, 08:14 PM
Michael,

Did I read you said there will be open basketball courts? Any takers out there??

Allan

TheMonsterMaze
03-24-2012, 06:30 PM
http://www.nationalhauntersconvention.com/classes.htm/

Allen H
03-24-2012, 06:53 PM
Hey guys, At National Haunters Convention
the stars aligned and I am able to get to NHC this year. I will be teaching two classes while I am there. I know classes can be hit or miss I swear these will be worth it. They are also very reasonably priced.
here are the links to the classes, one is on Costuming miracles (things I have discovered) and the other is on Haunt actor team work I guarantee everyone will pick something up in these classes.
I hope to see you there!

http://www2.nationalhauntersconvention.com/Class.aspx?id=AH02

http://www2.nationalhauntersconvention.com/Class.aspx?id=AH01

john haines
03-24-2012, 06:54 PM
the arena where it is being held is absolutely AWESOME !!!!!! Michael, you have ANOTHER WINNER here !!!!!! CAN'T WAIT !!!!!

Deathwing
03-24-2012, 07:39 PM
the arena where it is being held is absolutely AWESOME !!!!!! Michael, you have ANOTHER WINNER here !!!!!! CAN'T WAIT !!!!!

Better than Transworld??? Lol

john haines
03-24-2012, 08:26 PM
they've even won awards for it. this trip is gonna be great !!!!! one of the best dark rides in the world as well. cant wait !!!!!

john haines
03-24-2012, 08:27 PM
gets better every year. Michael Bruner has really outdone himself this year !!!!!!! you won't be dissapointed !!!!!!!

Darkangel
03-24-2012, 09:10 PM
gets better every year. Michael Bruner has really outdone himself this year !!!!!!! you won't be dissapointed !!!!!!!

I agree with Jake, it's no where near as good as Transworld. Maybe you're local?

No big vendors go to it no Scarefactory, Distortions, Gore Galore, Ghost Ride, Midnight Studios, etc etc etc. it's a good local convention, no MHC and certainly no Transworld.

DA

john haines
03-25-2012, 06:35 PM
check the old posts here. they've ripped off alot of people who post here. I wouldn't want them at ANY show........................

the ogre
03-25-2012, 07:12 PM
Before we go off on a tangent about companies and what they do or dont do for that matter, lets get back on topic. Clearly by all the positives from this years transworld the industry is on the up swing. by no means am i saying it has been introuble the last few years just stating that the response is fantastic. NHC is just one more outlet for this industry to flourish, on a smaller scale yes, but great things come in small packages. The haunt tactics team have been coming to this Con for a few years now because its very enjoyable and for us and in our own back yard. Michael and robert bust their ass all year trying to make this con better and a noticable growth has happend since we hit the show floor 5 years ago. Comparing anything to TW just isnt fair, why cant we take the positives from these kind of shows and showcase them instead of blasting what theyre not? your either going to come to this show or not, its a very simple thing. If you cant support it by being there, support it for the simple fact that its a part of YOUR industry.

Darkangel
03-25-2012, 07:26 PM
check the old posts here. they've ripped off alot of people who post here. I wouldn't want them at ANY show........................

Are you serious? Lol you must have never been to Transworld where SF dominates the entire dark zone. They are the biggest vendor in the haunt industry, let's be real. You must live in PA?

DA

Terrorknight
03-25-2012, 10:31 PM
Dark , you talk like you've been in this industry for about 3 1/2 days. You should learn to only comment on a subjects You know something about. You sound like a fool. #1 SF screwed alot of haunts in the past over many years, it doesn't matter how many booths they have at the show. #2 There are other companies that are just as big or bigger like hummm, Unit 70 who does so much work for our industry and other they don't even need to go to the show. And #3 What does ( you must live in PA) mean? Again if you knew anything you would know that the PA area is one of the biggest markets in the haunted house industry. Which also means the PA area buys alot of product from the vendors at these shows.

So way to sound really stupid in one sentence.

My 2 cents on your 1

Robert

Darkangel
03-26-2012, 08:17 AM
Robert,

Everyone knows about SF's past, I'm
Not denying that but they are still the biggest vendor in the industry and a huge part of what makes Transworld essential to most Haunters. Also I know Unit 70 well and I also know they haven't done a tradeshow since the last year it was in Chicago (if memory serves) so I didn't think to bring them up because they do not exhibit anymore. And lastly at no point did I discredit the PA market I know it's a great haunt market I said the other gentleman must be from PA because he's supporting his local convention at the expense of Transworld which is a joke. I've gone to NHC before and many Transworlds, and NHC felt more like a local "mom and pop" show with arts and craft type vendors with an occasional vendor like Nightmare Studios showing up but most vendors are smaller vendors. I think that's fine and a local convention is great in a big market like yours but it's not really a national show like Transworld is.

DA

Slain
03-26-2012, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Brianmudgett

Wow, some haunters are idiots.

For those people who have issues with animatronics. Spend some dollars on researching a product called a regulator…

Anyways back to the thread topic which is called:

What or Who showed the best NEW products this year at TW?

Regarding the half hoods, I like the concept and I’m interested in picking some up. I was curious if there was a way to add a hair piece to cover the back. It could be permanent or detachable. What do you think?

Deathwing
03-26-2012, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by Brianmudgett

Wow, some haunters are idiots.

For those people who have issues with animatronics. Spend some dollars on researching a product called a regulator…

Anyways back to the thread topic which is called:

What or Who showed the best NEW products this year at TW?

Slain,

I think while you were calling Haunters idiots you may have gotten distracted and posted your post in the wrong thread. This is the NHC thread not the best new product thread.

Jake

Slain
03-26-2012, 02:05 PM
Slain,

I think while you were calling Haunters idiots you may have gotten distracted and posted your post in the wrong thread. This is the NHC thread not the best new product thread.

Jake
Jake that was from BrianMudgett!!
He was stating that haunters are idiots not me!!!!!!
YOu might want to read again!

TheMonsterMaze
03-26-2012, 09:19 PM
A WEDDING AT THE NATIONAL HAUNTERS CONVENTION AND YOU ARE INVITED !

Join us as Michael Bruner(Co Owner of The Convention) and Susan Marie Gay (Owner of The Things That Go Bump In the Night) exchange vows at the entrance to The Castle Facade. Saturday morning May 5th at 10:00 am. NOTE: The ceremony will only be about 10 minutes long and end at 10:10 am. The convention floor will then open up and people can shop the vendors.

We invite everyone to come. Those in costume will be an extra joy to behold on this most heartfelt union of souls.
( SO YES, PLEASE COME IN COSTUME! )

There will be a Halloween Tree to place ornaments (homemade ones a delight), well wishes and tokens for the couple. Help them to decorate their tree to remember this day and those that will share this very special event (Please include an address label so they know who to thank).

Custom horror styled wedding music created especially for this event will be provided by Robert J. Frankenberg.

Zombie Bride and Zombie Groom Stand-Ins
(in case someone gets cold feet) :)
courtesy of CreepyCollection.com

We'd like to welcome Tracie Wise Russell to our NHC staff as our official "Horror Wedding Cake Creator" (This is our second year in a row that people are getting married at our convention-odd but true. So it looks like we're starting a tradition of spooky horror weddings at the Convention.) Have you ever wanted to see the scariest cake of your nightmares made ? NOW IS YOUR CHANCE! Please email pics of the scariest wedding cake you can imagine to Tracielynn1919@yahoo.com ( SUBJ: NHC's official Horror Wedding Cake Creator) and YOU can design my wedding cake !! Should Tracie make YOUR cake - I'll whip up some sort of awesome prize for you!

Be part of the scariest wedding of the year, only at:

john haines
03-27-2012, 12:59 PM
I DO ATTEND ALL OF THE CONVENTIONS/SHOWS AND....... National Haunter's Convention in Oaks, Pa. is my favorite. It has everything. (and more..........)

TheMonsterMaze
03-31-2012, 05:57 PM
http://scaryvisions.com/national-haunters-convention/

TheMonsterMaze
04-04-2012, 05:15 PM
OUR FIRST EVER BILLBOARD !!!!!!
http://www.nationalhauntersconvention.com/billboards.htm
(Actually, one of several at several different locations,
click the link to see them all.)

TheMonsterMaze
04-07-2012, 06:02 PM
SECOND HOTEL ACCOMMODATIONS MADE AVAILABLE:

Due to selling out our current hotel:
We have made arrangements for discount reservations at a secondary hotel:
Homewood Suites by Hilton
12 East Swedesford Rd
Malvern Pa, 19355
610-296-3500
Please use discount code: NHC for the discount room rates.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may incur.

john haines
04-15-2012, 12:54 AM
I went to a car show there 2 weeks ago. You guys really have a winner there in that new building !!!!! loads of floor space. plenty of room for everybody and everything (including your 2 working haunts at the show !!!) cant wait !!!!!!

The Nightmare Factory
04-15-2012, 02:28 AM
I DO ATTEND ALL OF THE CONVENTIONS/SHOWS AND....... National Haunter's Convention in Oaks, Pa. is my favorite. It has everything. (and more..........)

Have you attended the West Coast Haunters Convention?

Ed Roberts
West Coast Haunt Convention
1000 NE Multnomah Street, Portland, Oregon, 97232
(503)884-7925
E: westcoasthauntcon@gmail.com
W: www.westcoasthauntersconvention.com

Billion Dollar Industry Hosts Convention on West Coast

Proceeds benefit West Coast Haunters Foundation

Portland, Oregon –The 2012 West Coast Haunters Convention will be held June 1-3
Doubletree Hotel Lloyd Center

What Comic-Con International is to the comics industry, haunt conventions are to the haunted attraction industry, an industry that (unlike comics) comes front-loaded with billions of dollars in advertising each Halloween. This event attracts a niche of Halloween enthusiasts and haunt owners who seek education, tips, ideas, social interaction, and networking with others in the haunt industry.

The WCHC is the only haunters’ convention west of St. Louis and will take place in Oregon for the 3rd consecutive year. The WCHC is thrilled to announce two keynote speakers for 2012: Mike Krausert from Cutting Edge Scenic Design and New England's Spooky World, and more recently The Fear at Fenway Park; and Ed and Marsha Edmunds, owners of Distortions Unlimited and the stars of the Travel Channel show Making Monsters. Convention highlights include a haunt tour and dinner Friday night; a costume ball on Saturday night, sponsored by Dark Light Precision Lighting Systems; a hearse car rally featuring cars from around the Northwest, and other events throughout the weekend.

Tickets are $40 for all three days and $20 for individual days when purchased in advance or $45 and $25 at the door. Tickets to the Halloween ball are $20 in advance ($25 at door). Tickets to the Friday Night Haunt Tour are $35 and include transportation and dinner.

Education at the West Coast Haunters Convention is paramount. Classes and workshops will take place daily, with over 50 hours of
topics related to all areas of haunting and haunted houses. Classes are free with paid admission to the tradeshow/convention.

This year’s tradeshow floor will feature some of the top vendors in the industry and the new Home Haunter’s Headquarters. The
Doubletree Hotel location allows the tradeshow to double in size over previous years.

Ed Roberts, of The Nightmare Factory, a charity haunt for the Oregon School for the Deaf, started the WCHC in 2010. The Nightmare Factory was featured on Extreme Makeover Home Edition, which aired nationally on ABC on Halloween night, 2010.
The West Coast Haunters Convention started because other conventions were too far away or too costly for Ed to take his students from the School for the Deaf, so he decided to bring the convention to his students, intending to create a haunters convention on the West Coast for all haunters and Halloween fans.

Unique to the West Coast Haunters Convention is that it runs as a nonprofit that contributes to a foundation, providing grants for special education. There will always be workshops and seminars about charity haunting because the convention got its start at the Oregon School for the Deaf. Seminars will be interpreted for any deaf or hard of hearing participants.

All proceeds from the convention will go to the West Coast Haunters Convention Foundation, established to help teachers of both
deaf and autistic children.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For more details, please visit the WCHC web site at www.westcoasthauntersconvention.com.
If you are an interested vendor - http://www.westcoasthauntersconvention.com/vendors.html
Class schedules are listed here - http://www.westcoasthauntersconvention.com/schedule.html
Class descriptions are listed here - http://www.westcoasthauntersconvention.com/workshop.html
Register to attend the WCHC here - http://www.westcoasthauntersconvention.com/regforms.html

TheMonsterMaze
04-15-2012, 02:02 PM
A EASY chance to be on tv ? The television show "MAKING MONSTERS" from the Travel Channel will be filming LIVE at NHC !

Look your scary best. Meet the stars. Take that outside chance of being discovered and getting famous.

PLUS - Only at our costume ball ( www.cadaverscotillion.com ) - Two different one-of-a-kind masks created by the stars of the show will be auctioned off to the highest bidder with the proceeds to go to charity.

"Making Monsters" is a behind-the-scenes look at the Colorado-based Distortions Unlimited, a family-run business that’s the largest animatronics creator and producer in the world, pumping out hundreds of creatures year-round to the haunted house, Halloween and scare-amusement industry. Along the way, you’ll get to meet Distortions Unlimited owners Ed & Marsha Edmunds, master sculptor Jordu Schell (who has worked on HELLBOY, FEAST, THE MIST, AVPR: REQUIEM, LEGION and the upcoming THE THING and THE CABIN IN THE WOODS), sideshow performer the Enigma and Distortions comic book artist Daniel Crosier.

ALSO---

Both ALLSCARE (premier animatronics manufacturer) and Creepy Collection (premier corpse maker) will BOTH be bringing MORE and NEW product that was *NOT* seen at Transworld !!!

That's right, if you're a fan of either company, come to NHC and see stuff that hasn't been seen anywhere else !

ALSO---

Our schedule will be up soon of our non-stop stage entertainment (truthfully, you could walk in the door, sit down in front of the stage and be entertained for the entire weekend with Halloween/horror themed variety acts.)

and

Don't forget we'll have not one, but TWO working haunts on our show floor !

Ed Edmunds inspects the final production of the trees in the Distortions shop.

TheMonsterMaze
04-19-2012, 07:03 PM
STAGE SHOW SCHEDULE:

Friday
10:00 am Opening Announcements

11:00 am Mr. Lobo presents Cinema Insomnia Live

12:00 pm Lunch with Music, Trivia, and Author/Director Meet and Greet

1:00 pm Sideshow Tony Gangi

2:00 pm Authors' Panel (Tenative Moderator: Chris Handa)

3:00 pm Basic Make-Up Demo (foundation, simple theatrical techniques)

4:00 pm Agent 86 Productions Presents “The Salem Haunted Magic Show”

5:00 pm Announcements/Set up for Meet and Greet

6:00 pm Meet and Greet Party (Tenative: Music, Kim Yates from Kim's Krpyt and 98 Rock presents "Side Show Live")

Saturday
10:00 am Opening Announcements

11:00 am Make-up Demo: Trixyloup Wolf simple make-up for parents

12:00 pm Lunch with Dealer Demo Show

1:00 pm Spookymagic.com Presents Professor Scrye

2:00 pm (Tenative: John Bundy and Morgan)

3:00 pm Make-Up War (Includes Preparation time, Contest, and
promotional events)

Sunday
10:00 am Opening/Announcements

11:00 am Morning Storytime with the Creatures East

12:00 pm Lunch with Scares That Care Auction

1:00 pm Make-up demo #3: Removal, cleaning, and care of skin/supplies

2:00 pm Independent Film Directors’ Panel with moderator Kim Yates

3:00 pm Closing/Awards

Darkangel
04-20-2012, 10:01 AM
The billboard website bills it as a Halloween show. The issue with this convetion Michael it seems like you guys are trying to be all-encompassing for all things Halloween? In industry circles, it's billed as a haunt convention with prime vendors and seminars, then to the public you are Halloween and have mom and pop craft vendors. I would think any serious haunter, a transworld regular, would not be all that interested in going to a convention that's mostly Halloween fans or enthusiasts looking to get in to the industry someday. Personally, I think there are plenty haunt conventions and you may be able to carve out a niche as a home haunter or halloween convention. I know Spirit and Halloween adventure are based up in your area, NJ and PA, have them come out big and really push the Halloween side of things. Home haunters and halloween party hosts and decorators are adding more and more animation from less expensive vendors every year, that may be something you can capitalize on.

DA

TheMonsterMaze
04-20-2012, 08:34 PM
Darkangel,

Over all we are trying to include all things Halloween. We have high end props for professional haunters. ( Allscare.com, CreepyCollection Props and Shatter FX are all bringing different / more (animatronics / zombies / silicone masks) than they had at Transworld !!)

How-to seminars for the up and coming commercial haunted attractions as well as home haunters. Interesting things to wear and display in the houses of those who love Halloween. We also encourage any one whose interests intersects with items at our show to come enjoy as well. One definitive difference from most of the haunt shows is that we work on a cash and carry basis as well as custom orders. We have been honored to see small haunted attractions purchase their very first animatronic (very, very cool to watch by the way, it's like a "rite of passage".)

And by the way, many serious haunters attend our event, some teach classes and some just hang out to meet and greet friends old and new. The way I see it, someday some of our attendees are going to be the next generation of "commercial haunted attractions'. My fiance sold a young man his first bucky torso when he was 14 a couple of years ago. He comes back and expands his scare repertoire, getting bigger and better, each year. We all start somewhere. Nothing wrong with it being at our event.

I guess I stand by the original reasons for the Pennsylvania Gathering of Haunters (the breeding ground for the creation of this convention)...like minded people getting together to share thoughts, ideas, dreams, problems and we always had a yard sale swap meet of new and used items that someone was bound to want or need and JUST HAVE FUN.

My final thought to leave with you is this:
If you are interested, check out our website and see what we offer, and come and join us!

the ogre
04-20-2012, 09:35 PM
Halloween and haunts go hand in hand. Anything that promotes this industry is relivant. You cant base everything off of Trans World because every show is night and day to eachother. NHC was the FIRST show haunt tactics went to as a company. Its where we first got our name out there, fast forward to 3 years later and we're doing just fine. Dont think for a minute that this show isnt geard towards the haunt industry because you'd be sadly mistaken, especialy because this convention is smack dab in the center of the haunt mecca that is north eastern PA. i personaly love this show because of the people who run it. Low stress and 0 bullshiit coming to this show. Im not trying to make any persons opinion seem invalid or am i trying to cause confrontation, im just expressing that NHC is legit and this and all shows should be supported.

Darkangel
04-20-2012, 09:45 PM
I don't know, I'd like to know what big pro Haunters actually attend. I went a couple years ago and didn't recognize any Haunters there...good luck to you but I think when you try to do everything at once you end up not doing anything great. I bet you will find your own niche as you grow.

DA

TheMonsterMaze
04-23-2012, 06:13 PM
Hmmm... Maybe if you supplied a name and face people would have recognized you ! :)

P.S. Not every pro haunter posts on the bulletin boards, or are active social butterflies like us. :)

TheMonsterMaze
04-23-2012, 09:33 PM
P.S.

DA - I *REALLY* do get your point - it's hard to be good at everything, easier to excel in a single subject. I do get it.

We're just trying things in our own groove, remember, we are a very young convention, this will be only our 4th year ( I don't really count the year in the hotel, totally different set of logistics involved) and only 10 years ago, it was a picnic in my backyard.

We have dedicated and loyal support staff who believe in Rob and myself, and we've been very fortunate to have a core group of people who actually like what we do.

We are optimistic, patient and willing to work hard to achieve results.

Fun times, fun times. :)

Terrorknight
04-24-2012, 12:04 AM
I can think of at least 13 Haunts that show up LOL.

Robert

john haines
05-03-2012, 08:23 PM
looking forward to the wedding tomorrow, and the first day of the convention !!!!!! the 2 on site working haunts are gonna be great !!!!! incredible vendors list ! cant wait !!!!

john haines
05-05-2012, 04:26 PM
Show floor tomorrow 10 am til 4 pm. Everybody up and running all day !!! No early outs ! See you there !! Vendors and onsite haunts are incredible !! Must see