PDA

View Full Version : OnSite ticketing software

BigT
03-12-2012, 09:50 AM
Okay, I have been through countless presentations on ticketing software, but have not found anything yet that meets my need. I am in an area with NO Internet connection at all, and NO cell service. I have access to WiFi but it is in another location from the haunt and I would have to download any reports etc before opening.

I am looking for software that is easy for my sales folks to use (I like what TicketLap and others are showing) but it has to work on my iPad when there is no connections to the Internet. Has anyone got any ideas?

HauntedPaws
03-12-2012, 09:57 AM
If you have Wi-fi you can get a booster or stronger router for the signal to make it reach further.

BigT
03-14-2012, 07:59 AM
Yeah I know, but it requires another $1000 in equipment and installation closer to my venue, which I am trying to avoid right now (because I am the one who has to install and maintain the public hotspot). It may come down to that eventually but I am really trying to stay away from that.

I am also worried about being dependent on WiFi connections. I have lost connectivity before because the WiFi is only as good as the Internet connection behind it, and we do not have the most reliable telephone company here. I lose Internet connection quite frequently even though the WiFi is running great. That would be devastating to ticket sales.

Terrorknight
03-14-2012, 08:14 AM
Where do you live , you sound like you opened the first haunt on the moon, lol. I'll talk to a friend of mine who is a computer guy and see what he thinks.

Robert

BigT
03-15-2012, 02:38 PM
Awwwww. The joy of rural America! We have a great location but challenged by infrastructure. A lot of potential but just need better telecom. Even the cable TV here is antiquated. I might meet with the local telco and see if they can bring in wireless for me, as it seems that is going to be my only choice. I would be interested in what your computer friend offers up.

Cliff
03-27-2012, 01:51 PM
we are in a remote location so we got Hughes Net (satelite internet) to put up a dish for us. its about $76 a month and there not that great but it works. they say you can get internet anywere with them.