PDA

View Full Version : What or Who showed the best NEW products this year at TW?

JayTeeDee
03-13-2012, 08:17 AM
Typically by now, there is a "best of" Transworld. I apologize if I missed it in the listing.

wickedfarmer
03-13-2012, 08:52 AM
I perfected invisibility. I registered myself and one of my crew..but brought a second one. NOBODY detected him all weekend. Which proves it was the best.

Seriously...that vague a question can not be answered.

Wicked Farmer

MournfulManor
03-13-2012, 10:04 AM
The Necromancer from Scarefactory. I know it was new in 2011, but MAN that thing is impressive in real life!

Slain
03-14-2012, 01:10 PM
Too bad it will only last a week at an attraction...

HauntedPaws
03-14-2012, 01:31 PM
From what I heard SF has fixed some quality issues?

Slain
03-14-2012, 02:07 PM
Great for them.. But hiring someone in the industry to help with their PR campaign doesnt cut it for shit they have been putting out over the last 5 to 10 years..
Things that are made to go up and down shouldn't move side to side..
Last year if you'd gone behind the magic curtain you would see all of the stuff being welded and repaired that broke after only a few minutes on the show floor..
They had the same problem this year.. I think my friend you have been drinking the happy punch!
Cool looking stuff but don't keep feeding the animal.. It may bite you one day!!

icarian
03-14-2012, 02:37 PM
it just sounds to me, after years of reading anti-sf posts, that the only way they'll ever learn anything is if their sales drop off significantly. as long as they're still considered the top in the industry, despite their consistent quality issues, they're just going to keep delivering more of the same... maybe new cool-looking designs, but the same flawed engineering underneath. They need one year, just one, of next-to-no sales. tell me the 50+ people they have on staff wouldn't be panicking to fix the issues then.

Slain
03-14-2012, 02:44 PM
it just sounds to me, after years of reading anti-sf posts, that the only way they'll ever learn anything is if their sales drop off significantly. as long as they're still considered the top in the industry, despite their consistent quality issues, they're just going to keep delivering more of the same... maybe new cool-looking designs, but the same flawed engineering underneath. They need one year, just one, of next-to-no sales. tell me the 50+ people they have on staff wouldn't be panicking to fix the issues then.
I agree.. I think there are alot of newbies that just dont know and some old farts hoping those cool looking things might just last..Never happen..
Things that aren't meant to move that way just won't.. If you bought from them great.. Have your guy (handy man) ready or on stand by to fix, repair, or scrap that beautiful piece you just blew your budget on...

drfrightner
03-14-2012, 02:53 PM
I think the point of the thread was missed... it was who had the best overall new stuff at Transworld.

Here is my list from what limited stuff I saw.

Scarefactory, Pale Night, Dark Raven, but there was also a lot of other companies that did some awesome things like Dead House, Gore Galore, and many others. I like a few things from Poison Props cool stuff, Ghost Rides dead stuff was awesome. I'm going to go through all of my photos and come up with a complete list of my favorite stuff.

Its hard for me because I have to factor in what Unit 70 made new for us like the Scorpion, Clownzilla, Roachzilla, and those Monkeys.

Larry

Slain
03-14-2012, 03:28 PM
It may have been missed.. but the point I was trying to make is just because it looks good doesn't mean it will work well.. (Best New Products is the topic)
Any haunter knows in this business if it doesnt work over and over and over when that customer comes into the room or the set it sucks for everyone involved. The haunt wants to put on a great show for the paying patrons and to experiance the best scare entertainment possible.. This can't happen!! When the product fails regardless if your using it as a prop or distraction... I can't concider it a "Best Product" if it is not tried and proved...
I only can tell from my personal experiance..

Odinseye
03-14-2012, 04:03 PM
I thought Haunt Tactics new demon suit with the stilts was outstanding. Their quality was above everyone else's that we looked at.

Valley_of_Screams
03-14-2012, 04:10 PM
My vote goes for Cutting Edge Scenic Design, Dead House Designs, Global Fear Enterprises and Dark Raven. I for one am SO tired of all the props and animations we see EVERY year. I was SO happy to see more emphasis on scenic details and design/design elements. -Tyler

drfrightner
03-14-2012, 04:36 PM
I personally don't think scenic design is something that qualifies at all... we are talking products you can purchase. When we talk about Dead House they were trying sell items and showcasing those items through detail. That was great.

You want scenic design I use to build the most elaborate booths you've ever seen... and it didn't sell anything. I had millions of people lined up to take photos but no one bought anything ... I think the focus on the topic is products.

Selling scenic design is a service that can be provided. What did you see that you liked that you actually bought. I think our display of scenic design we put into our haunted house itself rather than a booth. If you came to the Darkness you already know what we can do scenically. I wonder if we should create a booth next year that blows you away... something mansion style. I'll build the ULTIMATE themed booth if someone will buy it in advance. I'll build something so freakin wild you would swear we stole it off a movie set... if someone wants that done contact me and I'll do it and after the show you can drive home with it.

Let me know.

Larry

Deathwing
03-14-2012, 04:53 PM
I wasn't impressed with the costumes at the show thought Global fear and haunt tactics didn't look as cool in person, not bad but not great either IMO. Haunt tactics are too much like Spookywoods fx but less flexible in theme all too often. Global fear's paint work was just OK.

Dead House designs, poison props, dark raven, Scarefactory and gore galore really brought it! I wanted to talk to Kip about his rust paint. Is it really as easy as brushing it on for a rust look?

Jake

wickedfarmer
03-14-2012, 05:55 PM
Well my $ voted on Distortions Shocktronic - Shock Therapy. My customers LOVED their previous Gargoyle Shock and it has not missed a beat in the 2 years. My $ also voted on Poison's 3 head dropper (yeah it was simple...but I have a spot for it) . There is also a Poison drop portrait zombie headed my way. About Scarefactory breakage: Well I have had Scarefactory Slayer on the Pediment, Impaler, Scissor Serpeant, Tombstone Reaper, and two skelrectors. I also bought "used" a SF corpsolator and Floating Reaper. NEVER have I had a Scarefactory prop break on me. But I do a silly thing called maintanance and lubrication as well. It is a silly habit I do on my other equipment that comes in "JD Green". Thats why I have tractors form 1960's still working and my main tractor is from early 1980's. I expect some year to see SF new rig that drops props down onto people in my field.

Wicked Farmer

Haunt
03-14-2012, 06:20 PM
Hey all, I just joined the forums but I've followed the industry for years! I didn't go to TW but my buddy here in Tampa told me about Distortions prop where something is banging on a door and then you get sprayed! I love stuff like that. Very similar to the Zombie prop that Distortions had a year or two ago. That company is awesome! Did anyone else see the prop I'm talking about?

Brianmudgett
03-14-2012, 11:50 PM
So I have a truck load of Scare Factory Props in my haunt. Not one has broken down.

Poison Props was on fire this year. Was impressed with almost everything he brought. Great prices.

Dark Ravens new anacondas and Tentacle Table was very cool.

I was really impressed with Distoritions this year. The large monster on the end is going on my November list.

Frightprops teddy bear gathered interest.

Gore Galore hit it out of the park. I ordered their slaughter house package which was a truck load of gore. They had a bunch of new great items.

Pale nights is inspiring me to go zombie next November.

Personally I thought compared to past years this year had a bunch of new items. In fact I bought less, but it was harder because there were so many great things to choose from.

Brian Mudgett

HauntedPaws
03-15-2012, 12:54 AM
How much is the tentacle table?

Brianmudgett
03-15-2012, 09:25 AM
Tentacle Table

Show: $3650
Retail: $3950

Show prices honored through March 31st 2012.

I actually thought it would be a lot more so I didn't even ask the price. Now that I know what the price is I want to add it to the budget.

Immortal Masks also had some great hoods this year.

Darkangel
03-15-2012, 09:36 AM
I was really impressed with Distoritions this year. The large monster on the end is going on my November

Brian Mudgett

Brian,

So what was the asking price for the distortions demon made for Benetts Curse? In the pic from the show it doesn't have the scare built in? Also do you know how much the wheelchair old man cost?

Thanks
DA

mindtumor
03-15-2012, 09:50 AM
I personally don't think scenic design is something that qualifies at all... we are talking products you can purchase. When we talk about Dead House they were trying sell items and showcasing those items through detail. That was great.

You want scenic design I use to build the most elaborate booths you've ever seen... and it didn't sell anything. I had millions of people lined up to take photos but no one bought anything ... I think the focus on the topic is products.

Selling scenic design is a service that can be provided. What did you see that you liked that you actually bought. I think our display of scenic design we put into our haunted house itself rather than a booth. If you came to the Darkness you already know what we can do scenically. I wonder if we should create a booth next year that blows you away... something mansion style. I'll build the ULTIMATE themed booth if someone will buy it in advance. I'll build something so freakin wild you would swear we stole it off a movie set... if someone wants that done contact me and I'll do it and after the show you can drive home with it.

Let me know.

Larry

Please don't take this as an insult, because that is not the intent. But why would anyone want to buy your booth? Are you saying you would basically build a room for the show floor? Or do you think someone would literally just want your booth for like their home or something? I mean, I know there are people that buy up old movie sets and display them at their houses.

HauntedPaws
03-15-2012, 09:54 AM
So what was the asking price for the distortions demon made for Benetts Curse? In the pic from the show it doesn't have the scare built in? Also do you know how much the wheelchair old man cost?

Demon $12,600
Demon Display $4,000
Buford $3400

5% off til Friday.

MDKing
03-15-2012, 10:01 AM
Brian,

Thanks
DA

Dark,

The one at the show does not include the scare effect or the detailed room, that was custom for us for the show. There was also a flesh version there as you enter the convention. I don't have a photo but I'm sure it's posted somewhere. It's a very cool piece.

Thanks,
Allan

HauntedPaws
03-15-2012, 10:38 AM
This one???

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/MrPicture2/DSC00015-1-1.jpg

MDKing
03-15-2012, 12:28 PM
That's it, thanks Hauntedpaws.

Allan

HordeOfUndead
03-15-2012, 07:29 PM
Brutal Rust...we can't wait to get our order and mess around with that awesome product!

And another new vendor this year, Sinister Signs, had AWESOME signs. We bought a couple but they were all excellent. Owner/artist was a great guy too!

Dark Raven...as always, phenomenal props. :D So great to know those guys are from Buffalo, NY!

Haunted Prints (EOM)
03-15-2012, 08:16 PM
Dead House Designs had some really cool stuff. I liked the morgue panel that had open doors and corpse feet.

ShatteredFX
03-17-2012, 06:31 PM
How did you guys like our silicone half masks? Got a lot of great feedback and orders from the show, so we will definitely have plenty of new designs coming out!

Mistress DeSade
03-17-2012, 08:30 PM
Dark Raven, Pale Night and Dead house design. SF has beautiful pieces...they just don't last.

Deathwing
03-17-2012, 08:50 PM
Kathryn,

Just curious, what were the Scarefactory props you but but didn't last?

Thanks

Jake

Bradenton Haunted Trail
03-18-2012, 06:33 PM
ScareFactory, Haunt Tactics, Allen's Deranged mask collection and Gore Galore the new goast puppet.

Shawn
Twisted Woods

Slain
03-19-2012, 03:34 PM
Dark Raven, Pale Night and Dead house design. SF has beautiful pieces...they just don't last.

Dont even know you but I like the way you think.. Scare Factory is a bunch of crap!!!!

Slain
03-19-2012, 03:35 PM
kathryn,

just curious, what were the scarefactory props you but but didn't last?

Thanks

jake

all of them!!!

MDKing
03-19-2012, 04:03 PM
Paul,

You must have gotten a bad batch of props. Mine all work fine my Impaler is going strong 8 years running, I've had dozens of their animations all worked for me.

Allan

mindtumor
03-19-2012, 05:34 PM
Fair enough, but you also know that there were years their props couldn't even survive two days on the tradefloor without breaking down.

MDKing
03-19-2012, 07:50 PM
Fair enough, but you also know that there were years their props couldn't even survive two days on the tradefloor without breaking down.

Jared,

Yes I've heard that too. I've talked to them they acknowledged they had some issues but they seem to much improved the past couple years. Like I said my stuff has held up well.

Allan

Mistress DeSade
03-19-2012, 08:51 PM
Kathryn,

Just curious, what were the Scarefactory props you but but didn't last?

Thanks

Jake

Personally-

Impaler comes to mind. The horse was another. This is a a very small community. When my good friends also have issues-you tend to take to heart. Now...that being said I'm A
LL about offering an opportunity to make amends!

Brianmudgett
03-19-2012, 09:35 PM
This thread totally lost its point. The Anti Scarefactory protesters need to go occupy something else!!!

icarian
03-20-2012, 01:09 AM
This thread totally lost its point. The Anti Scarefactory protesters need to go occupy something else!!!

do we get to set up tents and distract traffic with our hipster-ness?

Slain
03-20-2012, 07:37 AM
It is the point.. Someone stated that Scarefactory has the best new products.. Far from true..... They may look cool but they won't last..
When you spend thousands of dollars and years in this business watching vendors like scarefactory take advantage of fellow haunters year after year then you can comment.. Until then keep your trap shut...

mindtumor
03-20-2012, 07:44 AM

If you don't like it, don't participate. That is the easiest solution.

Brianmudgett
03-20-2012, 10:46 AM
If you don't like it, don't participate. That is the easiest solution.

Wow, some haunters are idiots.

For those people who have issues with animatronics. Spend some dollars on researching a product called a regulator…

Anyways back to the thread topic which is called:

What or Who showed the best NEW products this year at TW?

Regarding the half hoods, I like the concept and I’m interested in picking some up. I was curious if there was a way to add a hair piece to cover the back. It could be permanent or detachable. What do you think?

Mistress DeSade
03-20-2012, 10:48 AM
Just for the record, I'm not anti-scarefactory. Bought several of their pieces last year and will be buying one piece this year. Was simply an opinion.

There's only ONE company I'm "anti". And that topic doesn't need to be resurrected!

Mistress DeSade

Brianmudgett
03-20-2012, 11:16 AM
Thank you icarian for seeing the funny in that!!!

Kathryn I understand. Last year I had 5 companies that I had issues with. But I know they are good people trying to make success. All of them were welcome to my issues and are working to make their products better.

One last thing I want to add. Last year a patron pulled a finger off of my Be Scare crow. I called Scare Factory and asked if I could buy a new finger. They sent me a complete new hand for free.

icarian
03-20-2012, 11:17 AM
not exactly anti-scarefactory here either... just have read 5 years of negative feedback on their items so i thought the whole "occupy scarefactory" idea was HILARIOUS

mindtumor
03-20-2012, 11:48 AM

For those people who have issues with animatronics. Spend some dollars on researching a product called a regulator…

Regarding the half hoods, I like the concept and I’m interested in picking some up. I was curious if there was a way to add a hair piece to cover the back. It could be permanent or detachable. What do you think?

Based on your reply I agree. Maybe you should reread all the comments and spend a half a minute trying to comprehend the meaning behind them before you start calling people idiots. Evidently, you can't follow a conversation and keep it all in context if that is your response. Go ahead and start with the thread title and then start reading from post 1 forward. Read slow if you have to.

You quoted it correctly but maybe you yourself don't understand, but Best NEW products doesn't mean best looking. I'm looking forward to your well thought out response.

Slain
03-20-2012, 01:01 PM

Mudgett,
Who are you calling an idiot? You need to do so research of your own and find out who your talking to.....I do still understand your new to this forum (wet behind the ears) and will let your insults slide.. When you bought and sold as many items as we have you might understand engineering 101..

Brianmudgett
03-20-2012, 07:44 PM
Wow Slain, Extreme Dick Waving. I am no match for you…

I apologize for using the word idiots and for asking negative posters to occupy something else. Please ignore my foul morning breath for it slips inappropriate words. I also now understand that I was completely in my wrong for posting a suggestion on your little forum.

I will leave you all alone while I brush up on my engineering 101.

Thank you for your time,
Brian

Deathwing
03-20-2012, 07:54 PM
Wow Slain, Extreme Dick Waving. I am no match for you…

I apologize for using the word idiots and for asking negative posters to occupy something else. Please ignore my foul morning breath for it slips inappropriate words. I also now understand that I was completely in my wrong for posting a suggestion on your little forum.

I will leave you all alone while I brush up on my engineering 101.

Thank you for your time,
Brian

Lol nice. This thread is getting interesting you can't beat post transworld threads.

Frightener
03-21-2012, 07:06 AM
I do kinda agree. Sounds like some major "waving" WTF you gonna do, suspend him for saying "Idiots"? really? puking up about measly insults? I thought we were adults here.

I didn't see much wrong with his post, however I see this thread kinda going in a direction of off topic. I think half of the posts should be in a "Vendor Debate" section.

Now, what were the "half hoods" or w/e you guys mentioned? I only got to look at the doors of TW, lol. We only had time to hit up Darkness :D

In the meantime I'll be researching for it myself, just so I don't get b.tched at for not using the search bar.

Brianmudgett
03-21-2012, 09:27 AM
How did you guys like our silicone half masks? Got a lot of great feedback and orders from the show, so we will definitely have plenty of new designs coming out!

Here you go frightner. The topic was started on page 3. They have cool stuff!

Frightener
03-21-2012, 09:48 AM
Thanks bro.

No I don't get a LOT of time at once. i saw that, and wondered but haven't made it to their page. I also know a lot of vendors still haven't updated their webpages. Or at least when I last looked.

I'll check them out in a while. Thanks again for posting.

ShatteredFX
03-24-2012, 11:53 AM
I do kinda agree. Sounds like some major "waving" WTF you gonna do, suspend him for saying "Idiots"? really? puking up about measly insults? I thought we were adults here.

I didn't see much wrong with his post, however I see this thread kinda going in a direction of off topic. I think half of the posts should be in a "Vendor Debate" section.

Now, what were the "half hoods" or w/e you guys mentioned? I only got to look at the doors of TW, lol. We only had time to hit up Darkness :D

In the meantime I'll be researching for it myself, just so I don't get b.tched at for not using the search bar.

You can check out all our silicone half masks at- www.shatteredfx.com

Already working on new designs!

Michael Inks
03-28-2012, 05:06 PM
We saw (and bought) some really fantastic new things, but the single thing that stood out to me more than anything else, was the projected maggots effect from Dead House Designs. That bathroom and dining room scene just knocked me out. However, a little pricey, so we're still deciding whether we'll spring for it. (I'm pushing for it.)

Also... some help. Somebody had an animated foul mouthed old man in a wheel chair. Does anybody remember who had that?

casketvamp2
03-28-2012, 05:43 PM
Why thats Buford, from the creative minds of Distortions!

Michael Inks
03-28-2012, 06:55 PM
Ah yes, thank you Casket. I only glimpsed it for a second and I want to get another look.