PDA

View Full Version : OK so who's hittin' it hard already? We are!!!

terrormasue
03-27-2012, 08:27 PM
Just wanted to share a little here. We are getting after it now that TranWorld is over. We have been working hard on The Labyrinth of Time. We have a castle scene so here is our castle. Not finished but getting there.

Sue

Haunted Prints (EOM)
03-27-2012, 08:29 PM
That looks awesome. Cant wait to see the finished product.

Capt.Chaos
03-27-2012, 08:50 PM
Oh man. We had a great time at Transworld. But we were TOO inspired. We are wishing we had about 3 more months to build. Lol. Good luck all. Your castle looks sweet Sue!

Buck

Allen H
03-27-2012, 10:25 PM
I was supposed to stop hitting it? looks great Sue!

Gore Galore
03-28-2012, 06:18 AM
Same as Allen,
I was SUPPOSED to take a break when we got back from Transworld.
Of course I didn't.
I haven't taken a vacation in a couple years now.
I neeeeeeeddd one;)

Frightener
03-28-2012, 08:07 AM
I will be just as soon as we decide on a building!

I've got so many ideas rolling, HOLY COW... my first year! Great news thought! I just landed about 20-30 pallets a week given to us! How cool is that?

Man, that castle look sweet guys. Post more pics if you'd like, we love pics.

Dewayne

Evernight
03-28-2012, 08:55 AM
We have been working on several things - a Vortex Tunnel, and New side attraction, several pneumatic ideas, etc. We were trying to hold off because we are doing our best to find a investor for a piece of property we were offered but seeing as that hasn't happened yet we decided to get ready for the upcoming season in our old location.

gadget-evilusions
03-28-2012, 09:17 AM
We have been building new sets and props since November. Transworld was our vacaction.

terrormasue
03-29-2012, 07:23 AM
Well yes, we have been hitting it ever since the ticket booth closed the last day of October. But now we are in panic mode so to speak. So much to do with so little time. We should have the castle detailed by the end of the weekend. We are working on a old church facade also. Hopefully that will be complete by the weekend. I will post pics for sure. It helps keep up the momentum to hear what you all have to say. Thanks again! I would love to see pics of the vortex tunnel you are working on.!! We are getting ready to build 2 10ft ones. One for the "IN" and one for the "OUT" to the Labyrinth of Time. Keep posting!!

Sue

Badger
03-29-2012, 08:20 AM
I have my first actor training seminar in April for a haunt in NC which is earlier than I have ever had, and been preparing for seminars at Canadian Haunters, HC and MHC. I'm also trying to line up potential clients for a week-long trip while the DNC is in town in September. (Anyone interested will receive a nice discount). I've also spent most of the winter tweaking Boo Camp to make it bigger and better than before. Plus, stay tuned for a BIG announcement coming soon regarding a project I am involved with and have been working on for a good bit of the winter.

It really doesn't seem like I have an off season...

sophisticatedterror
03-29-2012, 11:24 AM
Hey badger, we should get together when I'm in NC. I'll be up at spooky woods for a few months doing some work for them.

Kale

Badger
03-29-2012, 12:27 PM
I'm less than 90 minutes from SW. Let me know when you get in town. Numbers and emails on my website.

Cliff
03-29-2012, 02:47 PM
tomorrow, we here at butchers hollow will be signing a five year on 14,000 sq ft...... YEAH BABY!! Goen in doors!!!!!

terrormasue
03-29-2012, 08:47 PM
Cliff, fantastic!! Congrats! Badger you sound BUSY! Congrats to you too! If you ever get down our way (East Texas) please give me a call. We are working on getting our cast together for the coming year.

Sue

drfrightner
03-30-2012, 09:08 AM
I'll tell you who hasn't had a vacation...

Ran the haunts last year, then rebuilt them for transworld with NO BREAK, plus built 4 mini golf attractions and installed them, plus building two haunted houses, produced 2 new dvd's, 2 new magazines, plus did many upgrades to Hauntworld.com. We've had NO BREAK... this is why I'm wanting to do something different for a while. Been working on my house a lot over the last month and I'm having fun doing so... anything but haunts.

We have one more haunt we have to do something with but right now can't seem to bring myself to think about it. Baseball season starts this weekend I'm stoked about that!

Sounds like everyone is busy!

Post photos if you are doing something cool really enjoy looking at those. Larry

Mistress DeSade
03-31-2012, 05:19 PM
Fabulous SUE!!! When you're done with your foam folks, you wanna send them over to me??? Needing several!

BigT
03-31-2012, 08:41 PM
Around here, we talk about Halloween all year-long! We have been hard at work since November, deep into planning and design, and now post-TW working on building and effects. We are really excited that we have been able to add a new workshop (gets me out of then garage) giving us a lot more room to build props and prep our effects. Since our haunt is in a temporary location, we have to pre-build/test everything, pack it up, set it up, spend November packing it back up, December trying to find it in storage, and Jan - Sep preparing for Oct!

We are adding a "hay-ride" attraction this year which is adding a lot to the prop/effects budget but hopefully it will add a lot to the ticket sales as well! I love this holiday!

bodybagging
04-01-2012, 07:48 AM
Busting nothing but Ass since the unseasonably warm weather broke at the beginning of February at DarkSyde

badass
04-01-2012, 08:33 AM
Rob you better get back to work
MHC is closing in

hats off to all the haunts that open their doors in the middle of the build season
i know from experience its a huge pain
we worked all winter in the outdoors
in the rain
building our new 49 ton church facade and mausoleums for MHC
...anything for Barry n Kelly
they have created a monster

and this year we have opened up the biggest most expensive can of worms yet...
its such a big project i am buying more property just to make it work

its getting pretty bad when 50 acres just isn't enough room

Spikerip
04-01-2012, 08:08 PM
Tim, you've experienced the pressure of opening during June for MHC and now we're busting our butts to open the Scare-A-Torium on Friday, June 8 for our convention. We're adding more scenes and tweaking a few too. I'm glad it warmed up so we don't have to heat the building. At 31,000 sq feet, it ain't cheap to heat it!

I hope next year you'll open the Hoochie for MHC and show everyone what a fantastic attraction it is. The additions you've described sound awesome. Feel free to stop by some weekend and check out our construction. You've got my cell number.

Matt Seel from Deathclock studios has been overseeing construction along with 20 - 25 of our regular crew. We're getting assistance from the crew of the Broadview Bloodbath too. They're creating a new final scene like nothing I've ever scene at a haunt before (and I've seen hundred's of attractions in the past 26 years). I won't share it over this message board, but if you happen to stop by some weekend we're there, we'll show you.

Kelly Collins
Owner, The Scare-A-Torium
Producer, The Midwest Haunters Convention

terrormasue
04-09-2012, 08:32 PM
Well we are not opening in 2 months, thank god! But we are working everyday! Here is a pic of the church and galllows that will be in the Labyrinth of Time. Salem Witch Trial scene. Keep posting!!!!

Sue