PDA

View Full Version : Monster Man

drfrightner
03-28-2012, 12:55 PM
Is this show good or bad? I was watching episode 2 and I was thinking how bad that werewolf really was... totally B movie quality. Do you guys like this show or not? I'm starting to think all of these reality shows are starting to look the same, same formula, same non-sense, same script ... I like the concept of the show but I'm not sure how many episodes I can take of them making B quality props for movies you've never heard of before.

Does anyone agree? Larry

Darksidestew
03-28-2012, 01:01 PM
I agree. But I like watching it regardless. Not to many shows in the haunt industry out there to watch. Something is better then nothing I guess.
If anything you can see someones elses techniques.

HauntedPaws
03-28-2012, 01:02 PM
The film it was for was a B movie and probably fit their budget which they don't disclose. As for reality shows, they do all follow the same formula of let's inject drama with unreal delivery dates so people wanna watch to see if they fail or succeed..

DeathRattle
03-28-2012, 01:11 PM
All they need is somebody to get voted off

Deathwing
03-28-2012, 01:25 PM
I agree. But I like watching it regardless. Not to many shows in the haunt industry out there to watch. Something is better then nothing I guess.
If anything you can see someones elses techniques.

It's more for the film industry, to date there's been no
mention of the haunt industry. But it does bring the world of monsters and monster making to the masses which is good.

Larry I agree their wolf looked pretty bad there are vendors in the haunt industry that do better work.

Jake

RobfromErie
03-28-2012, 01:34 PM
I feel like there is less drama than other reality shows. So that aspect isnt 'too bad'. The werewolf head looked kinda plastic like. But I liked how the shark turned out.

FreakParade24
03-28-2012, 01:36 PM
I'm already sick of them showing up late to EVERY shoot. C'mon already, we get it. I like the show, not sure I like the work.

Humboldt House of Horrors
03-28-2012, 02:40 PM
Kind of cheesy.... but better than HGTV !!!

sysasi
03-28-2012, 04:18 PM
I agree that the work seems like a lower quality than I would expect but regardless I like all of the shows, like this one, for getting the creative juices flowing. I also was wondering if through editing and lighting if they don't need as high of quality?

lurker
03-28-2012, 08:48 PM
Someone recently said that reality tv shows are the death knell of an industry. That when they start making reality shows about your industry you better start looking for a new line of work. I'm not sure I agree completely, but it is food for thought.
The Monster Man will be at Hauntcon...
http://hauntcon.com/celebrities/

Deathwing
03-28-2012, 09:20 PM
I'm not at all impressed with their monsters. The budgets on these films must be really small. I lived in LA and worked at a major haunt while there. The problem with the SPFX industry and I've noticed it as well in the haunt industry that the guy with basic sculpting skills creates a mask or prop in his garage and thinks its film quality when it often looks like garbage. Cleve is pretty good but so far his stuff does not look that great at all. I'd like to see him with a high budget to see what he can do.

Jake

damon carson
03-28-2012, 10:54 PM
I would like to see them w a higher budget as well! But let's face it this is just not the case! You just have to accept the show for what it is. Its not the greatest its not even compariable to making monsters by distortions but its alright. Ya there werewolf in bright lighting didn't look 100 percent but in the movie how much do you really get to see?! With darker lighting, fog, moss ect it looks pretty kickass! Not to mention quick camera shots and angles and such. I've got to give it to this guy he is still going! Maybe this will inspire more types of tv shows like this! Keep watching!
Damon
Frightmasters

Deathwing
03-30-2012, 06:40 AM
Ya there werewolf in bright lighting didn't look 100 percent but in the movie how much do you really get to see?! With darker lighting, fog, moss ect it looks pretty kickass! Not to mention quick camera shots and angles and such.
Damon
Frightmasters

That's kinda my point. In the haunt industry we design better stuff meant to be seen and look great in front of people, not for quick shots and angles. I think vendors in this industry take monsters even further than Cleve does who makes a monster then relies on Hollywood magic to make it look good.

Jake

Darksidestew
03-30-2012, 07:43 AM
The ant made out of styro looked rough and very bad. I would be ashamed to show it to any client. Plus, it looks like Cleve takes the easy way out to make these creatures. He already had a bug mold and he modified it for the ants. I could not believe the molds were stored outside.
Painting with spray cans did not look good either...

BrotherMysterio
04-01-2012, 01:01 AM
Someone recently said that reality tv shows are the death knell of an industry. That when they start making reality shows about your industry you better start looking for a new line of work. I'm not sure I agree completely, but it is food for thought.
The Monster Man will be at Hauntcon...
http://hauntcon.com/celebrities/

It's him and his daughter, Constance.

Interesting to note, three of the other "celebrities" are zombie extras from "the Walking Dead". Draw your own conclusions. :(

The ant made out of styro looked rough and very bad. I would be ashamed to show it to any client.

But wasn't that a test ant that they were going to blow up anyway, and not the final product? I thought that was a test run, and if the director liked the way it blew up (which he did) then they would get the actual gig.

That's kinda my point. In the haunt industry we design better stuff meant to be seen and look great in front of people, not for quick shots and angles. I think vendors in this industry take monsters even further than Cleve does who makes a monster then relies on Hollywood magic to make it look good.

Well, perhaps, but then how do you justify the tons of "animatronics" for $15,000 a pop that just look gory and do little more than wiggle, shake, and make noise?

I'd like to see him with a high budget to see what he can do.

. . . and more than 3 days to do it . . . tho, admittedly, he did seriously squander most of his 2 week lead time on that cybernetic bug.

Darkangel
04-01-2012, 07:33 AM
It looks like the Walking Dead is a "celebrity" factory. People on the show for one second before getting shot are calling themselves celebrities now. The horror industry looks at everyone as a celeb. Unless you starred in a major film and a household name you are not a true celeb. You can be a local celeb or an actor or actress in a few films but that doesn't make you a celebrity. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are celebrities, not zombie number 16 on walking dead or a B movie scream queen.

DA

Deathwing
04-01-2012, 07:38 AM
[QUOTE

Well, perhaps, but then how do you justify the tons of "animatronics" for $15,000 a pop that just look gory and do little more than wiggle, shake, and .[/QUOTE]

Who sells animation for 15k that does what you are saying? At the show the most expensive animation I saw was several thousand dollars less than $15k and moved well. I dont think a $15k animation would sell very well to Haunters. SF sells entire facade and animation packages for near $15k but that's for a whole package, not just the monster.

Jake

BrotherMysterio
04-02-2012, 04:38 AM
Well, perhaps, but then how do you justify the tons of "animatronics" for $15,000 a pop that just look gory and do little more than wiggle, shake, and .

Who sells animation for 15k that does what you are saying? At the show the most expensive animation I saw was several thousand dollars less than $15k and moved well. I dont think a $15k animation would sell very well to Haunters. SF sells entire facade and animation packages for near $15k but that's for a whole package, not just the monster.

Jake

Scare Factory GD20- The Impaler- Animated Super Creature; Wholesale price: $13,118.75
Scare Factory GD24 Special Shredded Kicker (optional); Wholesale price: $2,118.75

$13,118.75 + $2,118.75 = $15237.50

The description goes on about how it has "seven different articulating movements" and so on, but the best I can tell is that the net sum of all those articulations is basically a 13' prop that just wiggles and makes noise.

For $15,000.

That's it.

:shock:

MDKing
04-02-2012, 07:39 AM
15,000? I didn't spend anywhere near that much for my Impaler with victim. Nice piec, still works fine and it's moves well it starts at a seated position and rises in addition to the movements.

Allan

BrotherMysterio
04-02-2012, 01:27 PM
15,000? I didn't spend anywhere near that much for my Impaler with victim. Nice piece, still works fine and it's moves well it starts at a seated position and rises in addition to the movements.

Allan

Well, if you get it for a better deal, that's great, but those are the prices they list on their website. What did you get it for?

freak 'n' stein
04-02-2012, 01:39 PM
I agree that I thought it was going to be WAY higher quality props and for more of an "a" list movie crowd. But oh well. Cleve does a decent job. I do agree I've seen a lot of AMAZING things from the industry folks we have. If anything I watch to learn different techniques. And the two headed shark movie that he made the prop for in the first episode is on youtube. The first few minutes show the monster in "spotty" sections. A lot of old fashion cut aways used but you get what you pay for.

fjFV8oPfWic

BrotherMysterio
04-02-2012, 03:32 PM
I agree that I thought it was going to be WAY higher quality props and for more of an "a" list movie crowd. But oh well. Cleve does a decent job. I do agree I've seen a lot of AMAZING things from the industry folks we have. If anything I watch to learn different techniques. And the two headed shark movie that he made the prop for in the first episode is on youtube. The first few minutes show the monster in "spotty" sections. A lot of old fashion cut aways used but you get what you pay for.

There's one studio that does a lot of mockbusters, and they have top-flight CGI work. It's like some savant comes in on the weekends as a hobby and does this amazing work that would have cost close to $1M back in the day, but they get it for a song.

Anyone know who?

MDKing
04-02-2012, 03:56 PM
Well, if you get it for a better deal, that's great, but those are the prices they list on their website. What did you get it for?

Much less, bought it many years back. Don't look st wholesale prices no one pays that look at show prices plus volume discounts.

Allan

BrotherMysterio
04-03-2012, 12:03 AM
Much less, bought it many years back. Don't look st wholesale prices no one pays that look at show prices plus volume discounts.

Allan

So what would you reasonably pay for an Impaler? And how do you use it? Exactly how do you theme an item like that?

BrotherMysterio
04-06-2012, 05:23 AM
Last night's episode of Monster Man was pretty respectable. I hope the rest of the season is more like that.

mindtumor
04-12-2012, 07:56 AM
I don't know about Monster Man, but I liked that show comic book men. Even though the dude who owns that comic store has to be one of the all time worst directors. His movies are terrible.

Cliff
04-12-2012, 09:18 AM
...I have really tried to like Monster Man (i Love Face off) BUT i just cant help but think my time is better spent You Tubing it. The stuff he makes is just ssoo bad! Sorry just my $ .02 i guess it is what it is right?

Darkangel
04-12-2012, 09:35 AM
I think he should just stick to foam carving, the giant boots were his best thing yet.

DA

Cliff
04-12-2012, 10:05 AM
I was really hopping the spider guy would have turn out better and maybe give me some ideas. I have been looking to make a good spider /man costume for two years! Can seem to get anything that looks good!

Allen H
04-12-2012, 01:21 PM
Cliff, will you be at MHC? I might have what you are looking for at the stiltbeast booth.

Cliff
04-12-2012, 03:30 PM
..i will be. sounds good see ya there!

drfrightner
04-13-2012, 01:21 PM
I just watched the new episode... BORING

How long did you think it would take before they are doing things to promote a movie they have no involvement with... this time Puss N Boots.

Wow this show is just flat out boring. I think it would be cooler to do KB FX or something.

Larry

BrotherMysterio
04-15-2012, 08:05 AM
Well, Monster Man now officially has a Wikipedia page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monster_Man_%28TV_series%29). One line. That's it. Oh well.

Incidentally, I am interested in seeing the last episode, being that they are doing a vid for Devo, but I am really not looking forward to the scene of Mark Mothersbaugh and Gerry Casale going "Cleve, really? An hour late?"

Haven't heard if the show's been renewed.

Jim Warfield
04-15-2012, 11:23 AM
Several monhts ago to be featured on this show for a number of very good reasons having nothing to do with it possibly being a stupid or boring waste of my time. Now I am sure very glad I didn't go for it after reading what has been said here about it.
I had already told them in no uncertain terms "No" when then I was told I would be expected to "financially Contribute" to the monster, since it would be installed in my house. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! dream on phone-voice person.

BigT
04-15-2012, 06:01 PM
I think the show falls flat with a lot of us because this is all about movies, and not what we do. When we buy/build a prop, the quality must be excellent. Our customers are close-up and may even be touching our props so they must be believable. When building for the movies or TV, this is not the case. This is why they can build this stuff in days for a shoot at the end of the week.

I have had a lot of exposure to the process and have been on some sets, and even worked with several set dressers and prop builders. They operate in a totally different environ than we do. I like the show because it shows a different aspect of making monsters. I think as in all reality TV much is hyped and over-played, but it is kind o feat to see how they deal with deadlines and creativity.

Deathwing
04-15-2012, 06:17 PM
We know it's for the film industry that's not the issue Face off isn't about the haunt industry either. I think the problem is when we see someone who does film fx we expect it to be better than what our haunt vendors do, but that's not he case.

Jake

BrotherMysterio
04-15-2012, 10:37 PM
I had already told them in no uncertain terms "No" when then I was told I would be expected to "financially Contribute" to the monster, since it would be installed in my house. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! dream on phone-voice person.

Makes you wonder, don't it? How many of those clients would have walked in of their own accord?

I think as in all reality TV much is hyped and over-played, but it is kind o feat to see how they deal with deadlines and creativity.

Well, I really can't see how it would be good for their business. I mean, when I first started watching it, I thought that I would be seeing, you know, something like Stan Winston level effects. Maybe not entirely at that level, but a helluvalot better than what we have seen. When Constance did that design for a werewolf, I about crapped a brick! I thought, "Holy Life Cast, Batman!, I've seen better designs on Napoleon Dynamite's high school notebooks!" And, no, I'm not kidding. I saw stuff like that back in high school and middle school. I'd venture to say that I've seen better designs than that on my own notebooks from high school. I never imagined my doodles could be taken for Hollywood level special effects concept drawings.

Yet, they show up on the set of Face/Off for a walk-thru and are treated like royalty. Seriously, would anyone from SOTA even have a chance at competing on Face/Off, much less winning?

Also, for all you business owners on here, would any of you ever put up with such lousy office politics and workplace morale? What's with all the band of brothers crap? Roy and Cleve go way back 20 years? What, Roy's been a pussy that long and Cleve has been a pain in the assets that long, and it only now started being a problem since the show started? After 20 years they're still struggling to make it into the big time, and these things haven't proved to be a problem before?

What would a prospective director thinking of using SOTA actually think once they saw that show? Blown time-lines? Questionable results? Lost revenues and production costs in lost studio time? Unprofessionalism?

They talk about the battle between practical and CGI. This show must be a secret plot by CGI studios to boost their prestige in comparison by making practical look bad. If I owned a practical shop, I'd be fuming over the idea that they were making all practical shops look bad, and my potential customers not even bothering to call me, instead immediately phoning a CGI shop.

We know it's for the film industry that's not the issue Face off isn't about the haunt industry either. I think the problem is when we see someone who does film fx we expect it to be better than what our haunt vendors do, but that's not the case.

Well, do keep in mind, one of the top contenders on this last season, who should have won in my opinion, was none other than Matt Valentine, who is a pro haunter, with one of the top haunts in Texas.

Regardless of who the other contestants might have been, Matt was definitely keeping it real and representing for the haunt industry.

C.

Deathwing
04-16-2012, 05:59 AM
Matt Garcia now known as Matt Valentine is not a pro Haunter, or any level of Haunter based on what I have read here. He used to work for House of Torment but they parted ways a few years back and he then started selling his services to the industry. He is a costume maker and can make and build most whatever a Haunter needs, but he is not a pro Haunter or own a haunt, unless that's changed very recently.

Face off is about these artists getting in the spfx business for movies, which is why its judged by movie fx people not haunters, but there's not much work so they are starting to show up at haunt
conventions and events.

Jake

BrotherMysterio
04-16-2012, 12:06 PM
Matt Garcia now known as Matt Valentine is not a pro Haunter, or any level of Haunter based on what I have read here. He used to work for House of Torment but they parted ways a few years back and he then started selling his services to the industry. He is a costume maker and can make and build most whatever a Haunter needs, but he is not a pro Haunter or own a haunt, unless that's changed very recently.

Face off is about these artists getting in the spfx business for movies, which is why its judged by movie fx people not haunters, but there's not much work so they are starting to show up at haunt conventions and events.

Jake

Well, I'm not exactly sure how you draw the distinction between "worked for", "worked with", "partnered with", or "owned", but on the cover story of the #21 issue of "HauntWorld" featuring House of Torment, Netherworld's Ben Armstrong interviews The Brothers Garcia, along with the two other key members, about HOT, then in it's 6th year in '08 when HOT came to national prominence.

Ben listed the four parties as such:

Daniel McCullough - Owner/President
Jon Love - VP and Marketing "whiz"
Matt Garcia - Art Director and Creature Creator
Mike Garcia - General Operations Manager and Actor Coordinator

Additionally, Matt not only created the Icon Characters of Mr. Creeps and Sgt. Graves, but Matt and Mike also played Mr. Creeps and Sgt. Graves, respectively, which, to me, definitely counts as haunt acting, and if I understand the article - or, should I say, articles, being that there were four - they had been at this for some 8 years before Matt started looking at other venues, give or take a year.

In any case, that's what the article said.

C.

Deathwing
04-16-2012, 03:46 PM
Partners and affiliates are not owners, owners are owners they are the pro Haunters the rest are staff. I've worked at HHN and Knott's and was paid, but I was not a professional Haunter I would not include myself at the level the owners worked up to.

Jake

Wolfenhowie
04-16-2012, 05:13 PM
I would like to see a series on "TRUE" monster shops like Rick Baker's or KNB myself. Monster Man was entertaining until about the second episode then I realized this was more about the drama between Cleve, his daughter, and ex-wife all working together. I'm sure Cleve has done a lot and is a fantastic artist, ( I had never heard of him before the series started) but this series is NOT showcasing his talent at all. My dream was to go to California and sweep floors in a make-up shop and learn from the masters. I joined the Air Force instead! that being said, if I were to drop what I was doing right now and chase that dream , I would be hard pressed to go knocking on SOTA's door- they are coming across pretty campy. Again, hopefully, it is just the producers spinning it that way.....

Deathwing
04-16-2012, 06:16 PM
Thanks for your service and I agree with you 100%

jake

BrotherMysterio
04-16-2012, 06:43 PM
Partners and affiliates are not owners, owners are owners they are the pro Haunters the rest are staff. I've worked at HHN and Knott's and was paid, but I was not a professional Haunter I would not include myself at the level the owners worked up to.

Jake

Well, apparently we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. Obviously you didn't read the article, which is fine.

Matt, his brother Mike, Daniel McCullough, and Jon Love (being the Art Dir., Ops Mgr, Pres and the VP, respectively), regarded themselves as the core team, and they all worked together to budget their haunt so that ALL FOUR OF THEM, Matt and Mike included, could draw a salary from HOT so that they could quit their day jobs and work on the haunt full time year round. That's when the haunt went from standard haunt stuff to being stellar, according to the article.

All four of them had regular business meetings, steering meetings, just about any kind of meeting you could have, to work things out. And they were all there everyday working on the Haunt. In a given season they had a total staff of 110 and an acting troupe of 75 actors. So, including them, that's almost 200 employees.

So, why is it, out of nearly 200 employees, only these four drew a salary, and you look at the other three members of this core team as merely hired hands? Of course, that said, no one truly knows what happens behind closed doors.

Again, we'll have to agree to disagree.

Again, hopefully, it is just the producers spinning it that way.....

Well, yes and no. There's only so much spin you can put on a show. These people are who they are. I'm sure tensions are played up a bit, tho. I wonder if Syfy reimburses the directors for their filming costs when Cleve and Co. blow a deadline.

Incidentally, if you look at Cleve's profile on Syfy's Monster Man page, they list some 7-8 movies that he did which they pitch as showcasing his talent, which were all from the 80's, and I ain't heard of none of them except Ghoulies, which was a Gremlins knock-off. The only one that was recent was within the last year or two, and I saw a clip of it. It was some sort of vampire soft core p0rn deal with aging scream queens (again from the 80's) plus a bunch of p0rn actresses, and Cleve ostensibly did the blood stuff and played a psycho priest.

Of course, when you walked into Stan Winston's office, you pretty much tripped over originals from every major creature feature of the 80's, 90's, and 2000's.

Just sayin'

C.

Darkangel
04-18-2012, 08:57 PM
Watching tonight's episode, it seems to me that Cleve would have been a great monster maker in the silent film era, because his stuff looks like its from that long ago. Stuff looks terrible and his fat ass wife is annoying!

They should have contacted Kevin from Gore Galore or something for the show.

DA

RobfromErie
04-18-2012, 11:01 PM
I saw the first and last 10 minutes of the episode with Devo. I thought the final product looked pretty cool tonight.

IF YOUR 555
04-18-2012, 11:31 PM
Is this the best show out there? No, I agree with everyone on the show being a little cheesy and the drama and deadlines tend to get old. Im not going to rip on Cleve and crew to bad because Im just happy to have something like this on at this time of year.
Brett

N.Fantom
04-19-2012, 02:14 AM
It looks like the Walking Dead is a "celebrity" factory. People on the show for one second before getting shot are calling themselves celebrities now. The horror industry looks at everyone as a celeb. Unless you starred in a major film and a household name you are not a true celeb. You can be a local celeb or an actor or actress in a few films but that doesn't make you a celebrity. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are celebrities, not zombie number 16 on walking dead or a B movie scream queen.

I totally agree, i was an extra in the walking dead and the hunger games but you don't see me flaunting around calling my self an actor. All you have to do is stand in line give them a head shot and hope the casting director picks you.

BrotherMysterio
04-19-2012, 05:59 AM
I saw the first and last 10 minutes of the episode with Devo. I thought the final product looked pretty cool tonight.

Tonight was pretty respectable. I wish the rest of the season had been like it.

Gore Galore
04-19-2012, 06:22 AM
DA,
I feel thrown under the bus here.
No just kidding. I know what you mean.
If they wanted a show about making monsters.
LOL

Seriously though, I have been contacted a couple different times about doing a reality TV show. And each time I say if you want some soap opera drama, I want nothing to do with it. But I did say we could script the shows. I thought a different take would be to make it really funny. Like playing jokes on each other in the shop. Or making everyone work in costumes one day. And sending weird items to customers with their orders. Just anything that would make for TV entertainment. ALONG with not getting in the way of us doing our daily work. Or filming us choreographing a dance in giant costumes, filming us filming a funny film short.

I think if we get something like this, I will probably request ideas.
But I am not holding my breath.

BrotherMysterio
04-19-2012, 02:17 PM
I think if we get something like this, I will probably request ideas.
But I am not holding my breath.

Well, you never know. There hasn't been any mention thus far of a second season renewal, so no telling if Cleve & Co. will be back.

C.

Darkangel
04-19-2012, 04:59 PM
Kevin,

Lol I just think you're a good guy and do business the right way, make great monsters and you'd be a whole lot better on the show, unless of course they want drama which apparently they do.

DA

BrotherMysterio
04-19-2012, 05:47 PM
Kevin,

Lol I just think you're a good guy and do business the right way, make great monsters and you'd be a whole lot better on the show, unless of course they want drama which apparently they do.

DA

Well, it's this whole "Charlie Sixpack" BS. It's amazing how much tv producers underestimate their audiences. Always appealing to the lowest common denominator.

C.

Greg Chrise
04-22-2012, 10:56 AM
Maybe the it's the other way around. Like the American Pickers guy spent 4 years making videos of what the program could look like and persued possible production companies. As opposed to we have a camera, can we put on a show that is somewhat like Orange County Choppers in your shop?

Now it is too late, just to make stuff out of styrofoam you have to have a big gut, hair like Elvis and black eye liner. Time to find something else to do, I'm not lookin like that.

Marr Branch
04-24-2012, 06:57 PM
They need to do a show on Poison Props. Adam can show them how its done.

DarkTikiEntertainment
04-26-2012, 08:41 AM
Some of Cleve's monsters are good, some are questionable (though ALL are far better than I could do), but it's his lack of work ethic that really makes him look bad. I can't think of a single employer I've ever had (in haunting or out) who would let me get away with the kind of slacking that Cleve gets away with. Cleve seems to be under the impression that he's so talented at monster design that he can show up as late as he wants to a shoot, and all will be forgiven once they see how great his monsters are. He is sadly mistaken. The world doesn't work like that. I'm a full-time Composer/Sound Designer for video games, and I too consider myself pretty talented at what I do, but if I ever started turning in projects late like Cleve does, I'd be tossed out the door faster than you can blink an eye. Being a PROFESSIONAL "creative" means you must have creativity ON A SCHEDULE! The money men will almost always hire a competent person who is easy to work with and completes his/her work on time over a talented prima donna who consistently misses deadlines. Cleve is very fortunate to have found a boss he can mistreat so badly without retribution. Most bosses would've fired him long ago. I bet many of the companies they do work for will never hire them again. Sure, on "Making Monsters" they seem to get behind on most of their projects too, but they rally and do whatever it takes (work all night, hire outside help, etc.) to get their projects out the door on-time. That's the sign of true creative PROFESSIONALS. To be honest, I enjoy the "Monster Man" show, but watching the directors and union film crews sit there all waiting for Cleve makes me cringe every time.

BrotherMysterio
04-26-2012, 03:26 PM
Cleve is very fortunate to have found a boss he can mistreat so badly without retribution. Most bosses would've fired him long ago. I bet many of the companies they do work for will never hire them again.

Well, Roy can't fire Cleve because Cleve is SOTA. If Roy fires Cleve, then the whole family goes with him, leaving Johnnie and Hill. What, is that wife of Roy's going to actually pick up a airbrush and contribute, vs. just walk around and complain?

As far as "Making Monsters", I only saw one episode but it looked really cool. I'm sure that was what I was expecting when I started watching Monster Man.

Still, cool Devo shoot.

C.

drfrightner
04-26-2012, 11:54 PM
The show is simply overall weak! End of story!

Larry

BrotherMysterio
04-27-2012, 09:39 AM
The show is simply overall weak! End of story!

Larry

I wonder if they will renew and retool.

C.

Zombie Apocalypse
04-27-2012, 10:07 AM
I think we should all enjoy it for what it is. Lets be honest this is what the producers wanted. nothing ever gets on screen unless its meant to be. Drama is in and producers want to exploit it . I Think it was fun and enjoyed It and may have even taken a few ideas away from it.

Darkangel
05-02-2012, 07:31 AM
I'm sure it will get picked up for more shows as long as its on Syfy, they show some serious garbage on that network already why not keep it going?

DA

Deathwing
05-02-2012, 10:56 PM
Thats right syfy seems pretty desperate and their movies usually have washed up actors in them.

Jake

DarkTikiEntertainment
05-03-2012, 12:27 PM
You dare to defile the name of SyFy?!?!?!?!?! How DARE you, sir?? Where else can I watch Debbie Gibson beating the tar out of Tiffany while a giant snake AND a giant alligator attack?!? If we lost SyFy, where would the TV and pop culture stars of yesteryear find employment?!?

Seriously though, SyFy did bring us the new Battlestar Galactica, and Being Human. Both are excellent shows.!

jg6x_C7Ii_U

bHHos8PORXI

BrotherMysterio
05-03-2012, 12:33 PM
jg6x_C7Ii_U

Boy, that was depressing. Could only manage 10 seconds of that. Seriously.

Seriously though, SyFy did bring us the new Battlestar Galactica, and Being Human.

Word.

C.