PDA

View Full Version : Rocky Point Auction Results

drfrightner
04-29-2007, 02:11 AM
Okay folks read all about the results on the front page of Hauntworld in our blog... there you will also find a link to photos.

Read on and tell us your thoughts.

Larry

Mike Bizub
04-29-2007, 09:47 AM
Does anyone know where bidder #72 was from? He walked away with quite a bit.

spookologist
04-29-2007, 11:23 AM
Arizona, I think. [/i]

drfrightner
04-29-2007, 02:18 PM
I think that might have been Monty from The Beast. The owner of Beast and Edge of Hell in KC said he was opening TWO new haunted houses in KC and thats why he was buying all that stuff.

There was a guy from Arizona who bought the mansion for 40k.

Larry

stafford
04-29-2007, 06:51 PM
Larry,

There were two people who seemed to buy the majority of the sets, the guy from Arizona, long blonde hair/baseball cap and a guy with grey hair in a black/grey polo shirt, was that the guy from The Beast?

There was one other guy in a sleeveless shirt that bought a bit as well.

drfrightner
04-29-2007, 08:43 PM
The guy with the baseball cap and long hair was the guy from Arizona. He use to own some sort of western amusement park in Arizona but no longer does but stayed in the haunted house business.

The guy with no sleeves that was Monty from The Beast and Edge of Hell.

Monty bought lots of stuff he said he's building two new haunts in KC.

Larry

Mr Nightmarez
04-30-2007, 12:57 PM
Was that Robert from Fear Farm? He's out of Arizona. I know he was planning on getting a lot of stuff... He is building a new attraction for 2008?

Just curious. Now I wish I would have went! Mirror Maze for under $20k... :cry:

Jonathan
05-01-2007, 07:37 AM
Great Wrap Up Larry. Good Photos and write up on the HW blog.

Seems like it was a huge success! Hopefully you picked up some great goodies for your attractions.

Wish I could have made it. Great coverage Larry.

drfrightner
05-01-2007, 11:48 AM
I didn't buy anything. I tried but the search light went for too much money... I can buy them cheaper on the web. The costumes I wanted but they went for crazy, crazy money.

The rest of the stuff went for okay money but much of that stuff would have been hard to remove so I didn't bother.

Let me say this... for people out there who say haunts don't make money, you're nuts. When you see some people at auctions, and what they bid for stupid stuff you know they make money! LOL

I've seen it over and over again at auctions. Auctions are 50/50 some deals and some steals (for the auctioneers). LOL

Larry

jason
05-01-2007, 12:09 PM
what did these costumes look like?

damon carson
05-01-2007, 01:46 PM
Wow is Monty planning on opening the two new haunts this year? He has some great haunts already with the Beast and Edge of Hell! Cant wait to check those out.
Damon

drfrightner
05-03-2007, 01:55 AM
Here is a press release from Nortons about the RPHH Auction...

NEWS RELEASE

HAUNTED HOUSE ATTRACTION AUCTION REPORT

Salt Lake City , UT – “The Disneyland of Haunts” is what industry insiders dubbed the Rocky Point Haunted House. After twenty-five years, the award winning haunt lost its lease on its 66,000 sq. ft. building.

Enter Norton Auctioneers, a Coldwater, Michigan based auction group that specializes in the auction of tourist attractions, amusement parks, carnivals, haunts, carousels and all types of tourist attractions.

The April 28th Rocky Point Auction attracted over 250 haunt owners and Halloween aficionados from as far away as Alaska, Connecticut, New York, Florida, Arizona, California and all parts in between.

It took four hours to sell the 300 lots comprising the intricate walk through attraction which featured movie props, robotics, animation and all kinds of haunts.

A small four room haunted mansion scene sold for $44,000, 8 framed marquis at $6,300, coffins from $400-1,500, 4 foam gravestones $1,100, pneumatic headless zombie $2,000, pneumatic leaper $1,650, faux mausoleums from $3,000-5000 each and a mirror maze was gone at $19,800. Other prices realized included a WWII searchlight at $18,750, forest maze $4,400, various pneumatic tricks from $500-4,000, Frankenstein table at $7,150, rocking boat captain’s room for $7,150, scary carousel at $11,000, asylum facade $4,125, groups of costumes totaled over $10,000 and fog machines averaged $550 each.

Dead End Haunted House
05-20-2007, 05:08 PM
I went and should have brought more freaking money! I introduced myself to you larry but you didnt really seem interested because i am 14 and didnt look too pro :oops: :? ! lol I could only buy a couple of things here and there and the costumes went for so much freaking money! - Mason

Jim Warfield
05-20-2007, 07:31 PM
Mason, I wish you all the luck in the world in your ambitious endevours but you know, being only 14 if an adult trusts you in a business dealing and you don't pay, he would have almost no recourse whereas you are not old enough to enter into a legally binding contract.
Unless states have totally different laws? This may be why adults give you little of their attention, I'm sorry for you , maybe you didn't know this?
I am just trying to help.
If you looked alot older, bought a used car, wrecked it, the car dealer couldn't make you pay for the car because of the aforementioned reasons.

Dead End Haunted House
05-20-2007, 07:55 PM
Thanks so much for the message jim my aunt and my mom are backing me up 100% and I hope this all works out for me 2! It is really hard being 14 and owning your own haunted house espicially when adults dont understand that i know what i am doing i have called my city and talked to them about everything but anyways thanks again for everyones support!

- Mason
www.deadendhauntedhouse.com