PDA

View Full Version : Transworld orders havent come yet.....is something wrong?

David Ludick
04-15-2012, 03:24 PM
I made a ton of order, and I haven't got anything yet? Have you guys gotten your stuff yet?

Darksidestew
04-15-2012, 03:33 PM
It has not been that long.

I always negotiate a delivery date so there is no guess work.

I assume you did not?

DS

David Ludick
04-15-2012, 03:34 PM
yeah, we didnt...I just told them asap..... This was my first Transworld. How long should I expect?

Twin Locusts
04-15-2012, 03:47 PM
Hi David, Please take this in the spirit it's given. Depending on the vendor and whether you firmed up a delivery window
it could be late summer before you take delivery of some orders. I would urge you to use the search tool to input
"Transworld shipment delivery order" or various combinations to see if any of the vendors you patronized ship slowly.

Then ask around from the more seasoned member responders on your thread via PM and ask their experience as some
of the threads on this topic were likely censored in the past. Best of luck.

Deathwing
04-15-2012, 05:16 PM
I made a ton of order, and I haven't got anything yet? Have you guys gotten your stuff yet?

Give them some time to make it, it'll be there soon they are working hard right now!

Jake

Gore Galore
04-15-2012, 05:45 PM
David,
As a vendor (GORE GALORE), If I know when it will be delivered we will tell you up front.
When you place an order in our Booth, we guarantee mid to late August delivery. Orders can ship much sooner, and up to that date, depending on if you ordered early at the show or on the last day.
So, with that said, if it is something you are worried about, You should email or call the vendor to get an estimated delivery time. You shouldn't have to worry about whether it is going to arrive or not.
just ask;)

Frightener
04-15-2012, 06:08 PM
From what I gather, it usually takes even the best of the best quite a bit to turn around. Just try to be patient. I have no experience, but I've read a lot of threads.

Speaking of timelines on ordering, guys, especially you GG, when should be the latest to order for this season? The money from our sale isn't coming for another week or so and we're still in the planning stages. Most of what we'll be ordering is stuff we just absolutely can't make, so nothing like animated stuff but foam filled latex bodies, parts etc. I guess, more in part, are there particular props that take longer to get out? Seems to me it should be foam and latex props be the easiest and the animated stuff the longest? Or am I completely off base?

Thanks

SCfearfarm
04-15-2012, 06:44 PM
Some vendors will tell you 90 days if you pay in full or something like that.....which will put you mid June getting your orders. Most will get it out before the end of August for sure. Around Sept. 1st wait and watch this thread light back up with some people who are really getting worried. HAHA But, if for some reason you need it right away you should call and see if they can give you a date or move your product up in line. Some people don't want anything until summer so they don't have to store it and put it somewhere. I made a deal with Haunt Tactics because we are doing a parade this weekend and they are shipping my new costume out and should be here Wednesday, but we worked it out ahead of time. Some companies are waiting on supplies/containers from overseas, some companies are small and only have a couple of people to fill orders......so don't be worried YET....get worried Sept. 1st! HAHA

BigT
04-15-2012, 06:48 PM
I too was concerned my first year at TW, but alas everything came through just fine. I did learn to be very diligent with my record keeping and follow through with each vendor. I keep notes on all my receipts regarding status and communicate with each vendor on a regular basis to determine where they are with my order. This year I did the same even though it is still early. I had some promised delivery dates of "as soon as we get back to the office" so I have been following up with them to make sure they get the stuff out and don't forget about me (they don't).

I am only waiting now on a couple of orders that will be coming in June/July. Just make sure to track your charges so you don't end up spending the money you are using to pay for the goods. The vendors may have taken your card information in the booth, but many do not actually charge the card until they ship months from now, and if you are not tracking that carefully with your bank, can get a little frustrating. Some of the vendors wrote out a receipt, but didn't write the total down (their booths were pretty hectic) so I have an idea what the ballpark is going to be but won't know the final damage until they ship and charge the card. Rule for next year ...... make sure I get all the final tallies!

Tater
04-15-2012, 09:35 PM
Acouple of questions for the original thread maker

1) Did you pay in full at the show?
2) If so, were you promised no later then XX date
3) Do you remember everyone you ordered from so you can check with them about the order and see maybe when they think they will be able to ship your order.

Gore Galore
04-16-2012, 06:02 PM
Frightener,
I wish it was easy to answer what is the latest you can order.
To be honest, I just don't know. Our orders are up this year so sooner rather than later to guarantee a good delivery date.

David Ludick
04-17-2012, 02:27 PM
Thanks for all the information you guys. I did not set up a delivery time, so ill need to make a few calls. I didn't order anything big,just some weapons,masks,and a costume or 2, but we need some by July 4th for a local parade. We came in second last year, but we think these props will help us get first.

Thanks for helping a new user.

drfrightner
04-17-2012, 05:43 PM
Typically things aren't coming back from the show to your door before the summer. It would be great if it was sooner but that just isn't typical.

When you ordered you should have had it placed on your invoice when you expect a delivery. Did you do that?
Larry

fearforyourlife
04-17-2012, 11:16 PM
I've gotten some stuff already. Some of the vendors quoted me beginning of May as the ship date, some said sometime in June and a few said by September 1st, so it all depends on which vendor you used and what you ordered. The smaller stuff I ordered came quick and I already have, the bigger stuff will take time. Just be patient and know that the works of art they create take lots of effort and time...pair that with the amount of orders they get during the Transworld week and you'll get a good idea why it takes time to get your orders out.

Btw, I ordered a prop from Gore Galore and they were awesome throughout the process, including delivering before the quoted ship time. Thanks for that :)

Gore Galore
04-18-2012, 06:47 AM
fearforyourlife,
thank you for the complements.
If there is one thing that I have learned is you have to EARN your business.
This industry is small. and if you don't take care of your customers, that info gets around.
Of course we are not perfect. and sometimes you get ran over.
But the least you can do is OWN it, and move on.

HauntedMemphis
04-18-2012, 11:13 AM
From what I gather, it usually takes even the best of the best quite a bit to turn around. Just try to be patient. I have no experience, but I've read a lot of threads.

Speaking of timelines on ordering, guys, especially you GG, when should be the latest to order for this season? The money from our sale isn't coming for another week or so and we're still in the planning stages. Most of what we'll be ordering is stuff we just absolutely can't make, so nothing like animated stuff but foam filled latex bodies, parts etc. I guess, more in part, are there particular props that take longer to get out? Seems to me it should be foam and latex props be the easiest and the animated stuff the longest? Or am I completely off base?

Thanks

You are only somewhat off base. Sure, the animation would likely take longer than a latex prop. But # sold is a big factor.

If an animation takes 10 days to build, and you ordered the 10th one, you would be out at day 100 to get your prop.
If a latex prop can be built in 1 day, but you ordered the 100th one, then you'd still be out at 100 days.

Of course, it's far more complicated than that, because companies make a mix of props, not a single prop in most cases. These aren't usually sitting in inventory, they are made to order, and lots of people buy them, so you aren't the only one waiting.