PDA

View Full Version : The Raven

drfrightner
04-27-2012, 05:52 PM
Is anyone going to see this movie. I read a review that said its horrible... if anyone sees the flick post a review. Larry

Speculo
04-27-2012, 09:07 PM
I just saw it. It is exactly like the previews. Pretty much exactly like any movie where the cops and a detective go after a killer who leaves impossible to find clues that they find anyway only to lead to the next set of impossible clues. And the bad guy must also be strong, rich, a crack shot, jack the ripper with a knife, build massive things like pendulums with ease, all the while working at a job that doesn't pay anything. And the race against time as a hostage slowly dies...

Basically, Product.

You have seen this movie 15 times before, if you like this sort of thing I guess you might enjoy it.

Speculo
04-27-2012, 09:09 PM
Go see Cabin in the Woods....

Now that is a fun movie!

scarygoat
04-27-2012, 11:02 PM
Agreed, Cabin in the Woods is a must see for ANY horror fan. The movie actually has a pretty clever message within it. It's kind of a love/hate letter to the horror movie industry.

drfrightner
04-30-2012, 10:28 AM
What is Cabin in the Woods about?

Did anyone hear this... Sam Rami is producing a new Poltergeist movie. Plus he's got a new Evil Dead movie coming out later this year. Larry

scarygoat
04-30-2012, 02:15 PM
Honestly, if you try to explain what Cabin is about... you could potentially ruin it. It's a movie that is better going into knowing absolutely nothing about it.

Darkangel
05-02-2012, 08:21 AM
Cabin in the woods is great go see it. I might try to see The Raven this week.

DA

FablesStudios
05-02-2012, 09:34 AM
ParaNorman.. Looks great!

Peter T
FS

Haunted Yard Props
05-02-2012, 10:21 AM
Honestly, if you try to explain what Cabin is about... you could potentially ruin it. It's a movie that is better going into knowing absolutely nothing about it.

I have seen both movies and CABIN is the best Horror movie to come out in a long time. To explain why is equal to ruining the experience.

RAVEN is your basic formula movie with POE thrown in. I enjoyed it , but was not thrilled either.

Ed Z

jakprintsHAUNT
05-02-2012, 02:10 PM
I really liked Cabin In The Woods but the "hand" ruined it for me kind of...way too cheeseball compared to the rest of it. If you've seen it you know what I am talking about, and shouldnt ruin for anyone else. Elevator scene was priceless....ding!

Mike "Pogo" Hach

scarygoat
05-02-2012, 05:23 PM
There are a few scenes that have some mediocre CGI in the Cabin in the Woods... but it has PLENTY of amazing practical fx that make up for it.