PDA

View Full Version : Dead House Designs Fire

geckofx
05-19-2012, 07:54 PM
We have been working on a realtime fire effect that can be tailored to a scene. So if you're looking to burn down the house this is your gag. It's pretty cool, we've been having alot of fun with it.

RovttRAAtcE

Video showing the programming

ndNe9sb6amw

Let us know what you think

DHD

Haunted Prints (EOM)
05-19-2012, 08:31 PM
That is cool, very nice work.

HordeOfUndead
05-20-2012, 08:15 PM
Awesome! Really could use the first one for many different scenes. And will that be available as a DVD effect to be used with a projector?

geckofx
05-21-2012, 12:09 AM
The effect is being rendered in realtime by a computer, so you need a computer, and in this particular case a rather zippy one. This allows you to custom tailor it to your scene. With a DVD you wouldn't be able to place the fire on the objects you want to burn. We specialize in these types of effects that give that added depth of realism. If you're looking for a DVD with fire our friends at AtmosfearFX have at least one DVD with a flame effect.

DHD

Dark Scares
05-22-2012, 08:15 AM
Great effect. Always impressed with all your designs.

badlander2000
05-22-2012, 09:19 AM
Hey Deadhouse,
You've had an impressive line of effects from the beginning. Keep up the fantastic work!

Barry
05-23-2012, 06:51 AM
Will you be displaying this at MHC?

geckofx
05-23-2012, 11:48 PM
Maybe, if I can make it to the convention then yes we will have it running. If my prior commitments cannot be cleared, then no, my partners will be displaying our existing products and the developmental stuff will have to wait until next year.

We also have another very early, alpha stage, demo I would like to show. It's a new direction for us and something we are really excited about.

DHD