PDA

View Full Version : Wall Panel Building Table.

The Wilmont Estate
07-02-2012, 09:06 PM
Hey guys,

In this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lkAFo3m5h8 the Ghost Ride crew has a table for building haunt walls. Its basically a template for a 2x2 studded panel. Does anyone has the plans for this. I want to build one, but can't find the plans.
Thanks.

rfsystems
07-02-2012, 09:40 PM
I've seen this video before but have never seen any how to plans for it. It looks like a simple jig table. You might try reverse engeneering it. Build a frame to fit a standard 4' x 8' sheet of plywood, then cut some small blocks and screw them down to hold all your pieces in place so you can repeat the placements over and over. Once you have the blocks secured to a piece of plywood you've pretty much got your jig. Start placing your precut studs on the jig, screw them together, then glue and nail your wall panel sheeting (another sheet of plywood) to the studs. remove the wall panel from your jig and repeat. You might want to write down your stud lengths as you go so that you've got some notes, or just write the stud lengths right on the jig. For a standard 4' x 8' sheet you should only have two different length studs; 2 @ 96" and 3 @ 45"

hope this helps...

Jo

The Wilmont Estate
07-02-2012, 09:59 PM
Yeah, that helps a bunch. I'm off to go build a this thing. (Even though its 9:00 at night.) I'll tell you guys how it works out.

BrotherMysterio
07-02-2012, 10:03 PM
Yeah, that helps a bunch. I'm off to go build a this thing. (Even though its 9:00 at night.) I'll tell you guys how it works out.

I believe Allen Hopps has one in his Haunt Design DVD that he just released. Have you seen any of Allen's YouTube Wednesday videos?

Also, do you have any of JB Corn's books?

C.

The Wilmont Estate
07-02-2012, 11:17 PM
Yeah I've seen Allen's youtube Wednesday videos. I don't have any of those DVD's unfortunately.

BrotherMysterio
07-02-2012, 11:37 PM
Yeah I've seen Allen's youtube Wednesday videos. I don't have any of those DVD's unfortunately.

What about JB Corn's books?

C.

The Wilmont Estate
07-02-2012, 11:54 PM
I just got them. Gonna start reading up.

BrotherMysterio
07-03-2012, 01:12 AM
I just got them. Gonna start reading up.

Oh, where did you get them from? I have books one and two in PDF format, free to download.

C.

The Wilmont Estate
07-03-2012, 02:10 AM
Yeah I have them in PDF format also.

BrotherMysterio
07-03-2012, 02:46 AM
Yeah I have them in PDF format also.

Really? Didn't know they were already in PDF from somewhere else. Afaik, I was the first one to reformat them and convert them to PDF. Well, not the first one, but first one in my awareness. Where did you download the PDFs from?

The Wilmont Estate
07-03-2012, 03:09 AM
No wait not PDF. Word format. I got them from nightmarepark.com

BrotherMysterio
07-03-2012, 03:14 AM
No wait not PDF. Word format. I got them from nightmarepark.com

Right. Nightmare Tony and I are working on the PDF version. Want a preview?

C.

The Wilmont Estate
07-03-2012, 03:18 AM
No, I'd rather wait to see it finished. Thanks though.

Gore Galore
07-03-2012, 06:00 AM
Tony Gonzalez has been distributing them for years.
I originally got them from Denny of Terror by Designs about 15 years ago.

MDKing
07-03-2012, 07:07 AM
IAHA gave them out as part of its membership years ago.

Allan

BrotherMysterio
07-03-2012, 08:54 AM
Tony Gonzalez has been distributing them for years. I originally got them from Denny of Terror by Designs about 15 years ago.

IAHA gave them out as part of its membership years ago.

Yeah, me and TG are currently working on the PDF versions of them. We will also be adding updated appendices of the technology used, with updated model numbers of the stuff he lists, and showing how his ideas can be done today, even tho in my opinion a lot of them still work perfectly fine as is. Also, some of his circuits mentioned in the vids didn't have schematics. It would be helpful to have those too. I'm working on a strobe circuit which I would include, so that you wouldn't have to hunt down any particular strobe light kit, but could make your own from readily available parts.

Anyway, it's a work in progress.

C.

Allen H
07-03-2012, 09:12 AM
You dont need instructions, just the concept. Make one wall panel frame, lay it onto a piece of 1 1/2" MDF (no warping nice and thick to maintain flatness). Whatever you have built your frame out of 2x2 or 2x4 get several 1' scrap pieces.
with the frame centered, screw the scrap pieces down against the panel frame. Make sure to make a channel with two pieces of scrap for the center by screwing them down on either side. The outside parts of the frame will lay against the scarp you put against them and will be flush with the edge of the MDF.
Then remove your panel frame from the jig. Lumber cut to size can be dropped into the channels/laid in place and screwed together quickly and efficiently. The process is shown in my design dvd but you should be able to get it just from my description.

The Wilmont Estate
07-03-2012, 01:16 PM
That is basically what I did. Allen I bet a lot of people tell you this, but your Youtube Videos are the best. Informative and comical.:D

brucejuice39
07-12-2012, 01:09 AM
I know that you can find that style of clamp they use to secure the 2x2's through a company called Kregg tool that specializes in wood working tools. Also depending on how they built the bottom which you cant really see in the video MDF is larger generally then a standard sheet of plywood. Like around 51" by 97" they could have used that for a base. Im just guessing here of course but im sure if you play around with it you can figure it out pretty easily.

Allen H
07-12-2012, 06:36 AM
It is a 4x8 sheet of MDF. The right side is open, the left side has a 2x4 attached under it, then a 1x4 attached along the side so that 2x2 wont fall off.
And dont staple your panels. It makes them very hard to fix down the road. Stapled panels are for panels that you are selling and wont have to mess with in three years.
Stapling is fast yes, but that comes at a price.

The Wilmont Estate
07-12-2012, 01:18 PM
Yeah I don't use staples or even nails. To much of a pain. I use screws for almost everything.

BrotherMysterio
07-12-2012, 04:02 PM
Yeah I don't use staples or even nails. To much of a pain. I use screws for almost everything.

I love this guy. He makes everything so simple and easy. :cool:

C.

BigT
07-13-2012, 11:49 AM
We just built about 60 or 70 wall panels last week, and we really didnt need a jig. I had the plans (I forget where they came from) but found it really simple having one guy cut, and one guy screwing everything in place. We were able to get all the panels built in less than one day. I even made some modifications for half-sized walls and single-sided walls to cut back on lumber.

Tape measure worked really well without any delay and I think I actually shaved some time by not building a jig.

The Wilmont Estate
07-14-2012, 01:36 AM
Its a haunted house it should be simple.

BrotherMysterio
07-14-2012, 08:51 AM
Its a haunted house it should be simple.

You'd think more people would understand this.

C.