PDA

View Full Version : Video Cameras?

nightmareproductionz
08-07-2012, 11:20 PM
Hey guys, I want to get a new video camera to make promotion videos and whatnot of the haunt... but it needs to be one capable of either shooting in extremely low light or have infrared capabilities.

What's worked for you guys? I've seen "night vision" shots before for other haunts and I'd like to do the same!

Haunter
08-10-2012, 12:30 PM
I have superior knowledge of CCTV type video equipment but little to no experience with hand held video equipment but I will try to help. What type of equipment are you referring to? :confused:

Ryan

nightmareproductionz
08-10-2012, 07:31 PM
I'm just looking for anything fairly cheap that records video well in low light.

rfsystems
08-10-2012, 08:25 PM
Google Sony Handycam... There is lots of models to compare. You might be able to find a used one or possibly consider ebay.

Haunter
08-11-2012, 12:29 PM
Google Sony Handycam... There is lots of models to compare. You might be able to find a used one or possibly consider ebay.

This is a great idea. Just to tag onto it, there are IR attachments that you can purchase that may be cheaper than purchasing a "professional" (over $2,000) camera. The only benifit to the professional camera is the lense as it provides a better image (home made video vs what we see on TV).

Ryan

slaughtermail
08-11-2012, 05:58 PM
we too use the old Sony Handy Cam. They work OK, the only complaint I might have is sometimes the resolution is not so great in action shots. All & ALL it pretty good for the price & can film in complete darkness...
Slaughter.

nightmareproductionz
08-12-2012, 03:20 AM
^Awesome! Do you know which model? There a quite a few with the CX110 being the most popular.