PDA

View Full Version : Building a 3D model of your room concepts

Capt.Chaos
08-15-2012, 10:24 PM
Some of you are going to laugh at this but I'm going to share anyway. I have spent a large amount of money on concept artwork this season. It was worth the investment but I decided to try some of my own ideas and sketch them out. I have a minor in graphic design. Anyway, I am building a large sewer area with lots of running water. I was inspired by the display at Transworld on this one. I was working with my staff today and showed them my drawing. I think it will be a really cool scene with alot of detail but I want to make sure I'm not missing anything. I also want to make sure my customers are going to love it before I put a sizable time and monetary investment into it. You guys know how that works.

I have 2 boys who LOVE Legos. I have a small fortune invested in a large collection of brightly colored plastic blocks that I usually step on with bare feet. Tonite,with my boys help, we built a model of my sewer scene to scale. I saw a few issues right away that I did not see in my drawing. We are starting on this scene tomorrow and I will bring my Lego model to show my staff as a reference.

It's an idea that might help somebody out. I think next year at Transworld I will have a booth with my patented idea that I will not let anyone use unless ou pay me a huge sum of money. Sorry couldn't help myself on that one.LOL

Good luck all!

Buck

Allen H
08-15-2012, 11:12 PM
Sounds awesome Buck....pics?

icandrawem2
08-18-2012, 10:37 PM
I wonder if Legoland builds all their scale models with Lego bricks....:D

Great idea Buck, love to see some pics as well. Scale models are great for understanding sight lines, which it seems youve already solved some problems with it.

Capt.Chaos
08-19-2012, 09:38 AM
I will post a few pics if I can figure out how to do it. I'm out in Wyoming climbing Devils Tower right now but when I get back we should have that scene done in about a week. My kids want to build haunted house scenes all he time now. I just can't convince them that Darth Vader won't be lurking in my haunt.LOL.

Buck

Greg Chrise
08-19-2012, 01:13 PM
We definitely need to see the Lego concept pieces. The last inspirational picture anyone posted was some empty beer cans and small toy skeletons crawling on them. Before that is was a card table with plastic horse and fence collection that was scary for a completely different reason.

ANUBIS B. C.
08-19-2012, 01:58 PM
Concept sounds awesome

Creepy Works
08-24-2012, 03:45 AM
CC - don't let your boys see this or you might be buying a couple sets for Christmas. Only $179.99 on Lego website. 2064 pieces.