PDA

View Full Version : booming air cannons

ravensmoon
08-17-2012, 06:09 PM
I have made tons of air cannons over the years, but none of them ever made noise?? What do I need to add to my current ones for the sound portion?

SeanMassacre
08-17-2012, 11:34 PM
There is a company at all of the shows that has a large boom air cannon. They always have two large green balloons above their booth. They use a large diameter PVC tube I believe. Just a thought.

scottylmt
08-18-2012, 12:42 PM
Also there is that bird-scaring cannon another poster suggested a few threads down. That might be what you're looking for.

ravensmoon
08-18-2012, 04:44 PM
Not the bird ones...this is for indoors... Ive seen videos of air cannons that have sound. I have plenty of cannons but the just shoot air..no sound. I wasn't sure if there was any trick to get them to make noise.

deathstaste
08-19-2012, 12:37 AM
minions web

craigsrobotics
08-24-2012, 02:48 PM
a long steel pipe coming out of the valve's outlet. The longer the pipe, the louder the boom. We use 3/4" 2 feet long pipe and they sound incredible

ravensmoon
08-24-2012, 03:19 PM
a long steel pipe coming out of the valve's outlet. The longer the pipe, the louder the boom. We use 3/4" 2 feet long pipe and they sound incredible

That's it? That almost sounds to easy:). Thanks I will try it

freak 'n' stein
08-27-2012, 11:42 AM
Are you looking for more of a "POP!" rather than a semi-pop honking sound?? Cause we built an air cannon last year with a sprinkler valve from Lowe's and it gave the perfect amount of BANG and I actually liked the sound associated. It was in the wine cellar but this year it's going in a more industrial room so it would still fit the scene. Just my two cents!