PDA

View Full Version : Shot in the Dark

Odinseye
09-29-2012, 02:26 PM
OK... so after several phone calls and basically giving up and resigning myself to the fact that I would have to call my credit card and get a refund my horn finally arrived this morning. Great right! WRONG! Opened the box and in it was a piece of crap. Wires disconnected, lights not working, horn that is WAY below the quality of what they were showing at the booth in St. Louis and not near as loud and for $380 bucks not even a battery charger?!! WTF is wrong with these people? Im making a shirt that says Shot in the Dark SUCKs and wearing it to the next show. Anyone who is thinking about buying from them... dont. Email me instead and I will send you as many pics and info as you need to make your own piece of crap and it wont cost you near as much.

MovieRelics
09-29-2012, 08:26 PM
Sorry to hear about your experience with them. Be sure to visit their vendor profile on in the new Vendor Review directory on Hauntersdigest.com and rate them. Let others know what you experienced. http://www.hauntersdigest.com/vendor/shot-in-the-dark-scare-tools/

BrotherMysterio
09-29-2012, 10:24 PM
Sorry to hear about your experience with them. Be sure to visit their vendor profile on in the new Vendor Review directory on Hauntersdigest.com and rate them. Let others know what you experienced. http://www.hauntersdigest.com/vendor/shot-in-the-dark-scare-tools/

Along with Flavorus, apparently. I also wouldn't be surprised if Pickle volunteered to moderate some of your pages.

Btw, why does SITD have such a good rating? I've only ever heard that they suck.

C.

MovieRelics
09-30-2012, 07:58 AM
Along with Flavorus, apparently. I also wouldn't be surprised if Pickle volunteered to moderate some of your pages.

Btw, why does SITD have such a good rating? I've only ever heard that they suck.

C.

Hey BrotherMysterio,

Sorry, but Pickle nor any other 3rd parties moderate any of our vendor profiles or anything else on HauntersDigest.com. We don't take money for promoting vendor profiles or altering their ratings. Those ratings are based on the reviews of the people that take a few seconds to rate and post their experiences with that vendor good or bad. If that vendor has a good or bad rating, that's because that's what people have voted them. If you've had a bad experience with them, then please feel free to visit their profile and post that feedback and rating. Looking at the profile for SITD, their rating is at 3.4 out of 5 which I wouldn't say is that great.

We've just posted a vendor profile for Flavorus as well at http://www.hauntersdigest.com/vendor/flavorus/. So if anyone has had a experience with them, good or bad, please visit their profile and rate them.

The only way that anyone will know about a vendor being a great or poor vendor is by former customers taking a moment to rate them to help others either avoid them or encourage them to feel safe doing business with them. And that company is free to post any reply's to feedback on their profiles. We like to only promote those Vendors that have 5 stars and a great reputation. We do that as a reward to those vendors that take pride in their service and products. Not because someone paid us to or for any other reason.

pickle
09-30-2012, 08:45 AM
Hey,
How'd I get drug into this? :confused: I never had any dealings with SITD...but unfortunately their customer service is looking a little questionable but I can't speak from experience since I've had none with them. While customer service & communication are pet peeves of mine (not just the haunt/vendor biz but ALL biz) please don't drag me into any additional forum "fights" ;) I have enough on my plate dealing with these DUMB TV shows!!! LMAO :)

P.

("P" = Pickle / NOT Pickel);)

MovieRelics
09-30-2012, 10:42 AM
Hey,
How'd I get drug into this? :confused: I never had any dealings with SITD...but unfortunately their customer service is looking a little questionable but I can't speak from experience since I've had none with them. While customer service & communication are pet peeves of mine (not just the haunt/vendor biz but ALL biz) please don't drag me into any additional forum "fights" ;) I have enough on my plate dealing with these DUMB TV shows!!! LMAO :)

P.

("P" = Pickle / NOT Pickel);)

LOL, sorry about that Pickle.

Albert Cicconi
10-01-2012, 11:54 AM
After months of waiting ours showed up, in pieces in a box, bent, lights fallen off, it made a soft sick dying sound, it seemed very different from what we saw at the show too. I really wanted to have a horn or two out there so I went over to pep boys and picked up an auto air horn for about $40 and hooked it up to one of our lesser preforming air cannons(with lower pressure of course). It worked great!! I had the 12v compressor that came with the pep boys air horn laying around so i switched it out with the one that came with the Shot in the Dark unit....Now it sounds like the one I ordered...lol

still not thrilled with the way our order arrived though.

Motograter
10-08-2012, 10:06 PM
I almost ordered the spark gloves from them in August and I'm glad I didn't now. This isnt the first time I've heard bad things about them.

Greg Chrise
10-08-2012, 10:31 PM
I thought it took penicilin to cure SITD's?

DDJR
10-08-2012, 10:44 PM
my spark gloves came without velcro straps he knows. My flame thrwer sucks we havent even used it not what i saw on the floor, Should have gone with my gute feeling on the show floor. Whoevr that guy was on the floor that told me how good these guys were must have been there friend. BUYER BEWARE

Blade-of-the-moon
10-11-2012, 02:37 PM
We ordered one of the clown crazy models back when they first started. Through some trouble and tough it was last minute we did get our horn and it has held up ever since. I haven't tried ordering anything else though in awhile so they have may have changed since.

BrotherMysterio
10-12-2012, 08:21 AM
Sorry, but Pickle nor any other 3rd parties moderate any of our vendor profiles or anything else on HauntersDigest.com.

I'm not sure about the "sorry" part, but I didn't suggest that you did. I just thought that if you did, it would be amusing if Pickle signed on to be a mod, since he unfortunately knows all to well about how a lot of these vendors can totally fall down on the job and not deliver. I thought it amusing and merely made an off-hand comment. I'm surprised it was taken with such gravitas. (I feel honored. LOL!)

:p

Hey, How'd I get drug into this?

You didn't. I made a droll joke. Of course, if I ever wanted a guest blogger to talk about what it is to be a quality vendor, and what is expected of a quality vendor, you'd be my first choice.

;)

C.

pickle
10-12-2012, 11:10 AM
LOL!;) no worries.

P.

Odinseye
10-14-2012, 03:13 PM
OK so I emailed them and left a message about how to return it... Surprise Surprise no response. I did try the horn out last night in the dark maze we have. It wasn't even loud enough to scare anyone. $400 and it is a POS.

john haines
10-14-2012, 03:50 PM
something has to be done about these constant ripoff vendors. I'm just a haunt fan, but I feel your pain. I hate getting ripped off like anyone else. To hell with all of these losers. keep posting !!! hopefully, somebody will take care of them.........

BrotherMysterio
10-14-2012, 09:23 PM
hopefully, somebody will take care of them.........

Well, I think they are basically going to take care of themselves. Eventually those chickens are going to come home to roost, and there won't be any where for them to roost if they keep procuring a reputation as a junk vendor. You simply can't maintain a business model (or business) that way.

C.

SeanMassacre
10-15-2012, 02:44 PM
I have the spark gloves, Clown Crazy horn, and the ammo box. All the battery connectors SUCK. I am having to find a new way to connect the batteries. The handle on the clown crazy horn bent within the first night. The strobes on it don't flash. This is the cheapest junk ever made. I plan on making a sign to post in front of their booth, or a shirt that says, DON'T BUY FROM HOT IN THE DARK and wear it around Transworld.

MovieRelics
10-15-2012, 04:12 PM
I have the spark gloves, Clown Crazy horn, and the ammo box. All the battery connectors SUCK. I am having to find a new way to connect the batteries. The handle on the clown crazy horn bent within the first night. The strobes on it don't flash. This is the cheapest junk ever made. I plan on making a sign to post in front of their booth, or a shirt that says, DON'T BUY FROM HOT IN THE DARK and wear it around Transworld.

Make sure to rate and post those comments on their vendor profile so others can see. If someone looks them up on the show floor using our mobile app at any convention, that's going to be info they will want to see!

http://www.hauntersdigest.com/vendor/shot-in-the-dark-scare-tools/

Dman
10-15-2012, 04:55 PM
This is horrible, I have the Screamin Demon, Clown Crazy, Smack yo Momma, Master Blaster, TNT Box 2 sets of Spark Gloves with Knives and Cattleprods and their new CO2 Effects and they all work Awesome. We ordered at the show, received everything, we were so happy, we ordered more and picked it up at the MHC Show. I spoke with Mike at MHC and he was telling me about some of the items he was looking at for 2013 and they are really cool items.

I have NO affiliation with them, I have used their tools for the past 2 seasons and they still work perfect. I really hope that they are able to resolve all of these issues that are being reported. Mike is a very nice guy to deal with, I think the biggest problem is that he wants to appease everyone and doesn't realize that he is only one person. Their products are unique and cool not to mention made in the USA but Mike is going to have to hire more help to produce these products or have a earlier cutoff date or cutoff amounts.

I will continue to purchase from Mike, I'm pulling for him to work out these issues.

Dan Augusto
Owner Tombstone Productions

Fairbanks Asylum
10-16-2012, 06:35 AM
I'm right there with you guys on this one. I talked with him at length about the gloves at the MHC. I placed an order with him in July with a promise I would be receiving them for my Haunt during the state fair. Never came... After repeated phone calls( I mean once to twice a day) In Sept. he finally answered and made all sorts of promises about getting me more stuff on top of the spark gloves. He took my address again and verified the order... So that was the begining of Sept. I still don't have the spark gloves and he doesn't answer his phone at all. I am so hoping he shows up to one of the conventions this year. Sorry for the rant, but this guy just needs to be put out of business...

Rob
Owner/operator
Fairbanks Asylum

Joe P
10-16-2012, 08:55 AM
I had a similar incident with SITD but they came through. It took a little while but not only did he refund my money but he offered a replacement horn for free if I picked it up at Transworld. He also said I would get some free gloves. LOL I just got them in the mail three weeks ago. I know he has his troubles but He came through with his promise. Tried to make it right. I respect that.