PDA

View Full Version : "If this kid doesn't make it....."

Jim Warfield
05-18-2007, 10:04 PM
"Into the next room, can I have my ticket money back?"
Her little boy in her arms was whimpering slightly.
I turned the room's lights up big and bright and began explaining that we weren't going to .."Doggie!"
Jessica let her Cartigan-Corgi dog Aeron into the room and his wiggling , short cuteness saved the day quicker and better than anything I could have done or said to that fearfull child.
After a minute or two of everyone(mostly 12 year-old girls) ooing and aaaing over the cute doggie, they all began talking amoungst themselves and smart doggie Aeron let himself through the door, he had other things to do, I guess?
They all made it through the house just fine, were impressed, had alot of fun.
They all just live seven miles away, they might come back?
The Mother began coming here when she was just a very young girl herself and so had her Mother, who was also along tonight!
"GRANNY!!"

Frighteners Entertainment
05-18-2007, 10:08 PM
True story...happened tonight?

Jim Warfield
05-18-2007, 10:57 PM
Yes. They showed up a little after 7pm, paid for an hour of Hyde & Shriek for 14 people. It was the one girl's Birthday.
I also sealed the deal of the little boy wanting to remain here and have some fun by doing one effect in my front room (with all the lights on).
Of course this effect managed to scare a bunch of the girls in the group, which the little boy found pleasurable. (Appealing to the "evil", inherant in us all, I guess?)
Many times my wife will rescue the night by taking a kid who seems to think they are "Too Scared", and distracts them by setting them up to scare their people they came here with. A huge majority of even scared little ones seem to like this.....

Raycliff Manor
05-19-2007, 08:04 AM
Jim, I have two vacation goals for 2008, take a trip back to Disneyland so I can ride the Haunted Mansion, my first haunted house ever, and second, to take a trip to Ravens Grinn Inn! I know you've heard me say it before, but one of these days I'm going to actually make it my friend! :wink:

Kel

Jim Warfield
05-19-2007, 11:29 AM
Kelly, You have my sincere promise that we will do everything within our talents and power to get you passed the first room!

damon carson
05-19-2007, 12:16 PM
Until Mr Tuxedo gets ahold of you in the kitchen! Swinging from the iceskate leg from the ceiling! So much for your little doggie now huh!!! HA! HA! HA! Or should I say MEOW"?!
Damon

Greg Chrise
05-21-2007, 11:50 PM
Kel,

Screw Mickey, go see Jim first.

Raycliff Manor
05-22-2007, 11:17 AM
:lol:

Kel