PDA

View Full Version : The Darkness - Transworld 2013

drfrightner
11-19-2012, 12:01 AM
This will be our 20th year for the Darkness and in celebration of such we are doing a very massive renovation of The Darkness. We have been working with vendors already, working on concepts and much more. We are also doing our own DIGITAL CGI Animations not only for The Darkness 2013 but also to sell to haunt owners World Wide at the Transworld Show. We will also be offering custom vac form we are finally pressing plastic, making molds and much more. We have been working on the CGI FX for months already, and the vac form for weeks as well.

So this 20th year celebration has been in the works for some time now... in addition to all of that we are also doing custom costumes, and those will be offered for sale at TW as well. We are going to be opening The Darkness for the TW show and we'll be doing a ton of outdoor que line stuff, live entertainment, and a totally renovated Darkness and I might add the best one ever!

We will start later this week and once again I will post the pictures as we go. The Darkness will be the best we've ever done without any doubt and I'm really really excited about the opportunity to renovate the place for the 20th season.

Follow this thread and we'll update you with any and all about this event.

I do NOT think we'll do anything but The Darkness to make it easier on the stress level we've experienced over the last couple years.

Additionally we want to seriously FOCUS on one massive renovation for The Darkness 20th season!

All tickets will once again be sold through www.thedarkness.com and additionally you can find all the details there as well.

Larry

elowther
11-19-2012, 07:53 AM
That's exciting Larry! We will be there this year to see how it turns out. Good luck with the renovation and congratulations on the 20 year mark!

Eric

drfrightner
11-19-2012, 10:33 AM
Just FYI... I will be swinging by the haunted house several times this week. I will be taking several photos of things we will SELL!

I'm planning on selling sever items out of the haunted house. If you are interested in things we are going to get rid of let me know or just look on the trading post for details.

We haven't started YET but we will the day after thanksgiving! Anything we plan on selling must be picked up quickly because I don't have the room to store stuff.

Larry

drfrightner
11-20-2012, 12:51 AM
Spent SEVERAL hours at the Darkness today with our new team and we have a plan... now the trick is to see if we can get it done in time. As usual I'm going ALL OUT BALLS THE WALL and I feel I must do this because its our 20th year. We didn't have the best season this year, so I've made a choice NOT to do ANYTHING to Lemp. I can't afford to... I'm putting everything in Darkness.

I've said it before I can't nor would I feel good about opening just to open... I can't open Lemp if I'm not going to do something new worth seeing... so we'll keep the doors shut there.

We are going back to our heart and soul and putting everything we've got into DARKNESS ONLY! And honestly its all I can afford.

I think I'm going further than I've ever done so all the focus has to be on DARKNESS and its 20th season!

I was there today and I should have taken pics of everything I'm going to get rid of but I forgot... I will get those photos today.

It will be a long list I'm trying to rid my haunt of all Scarefactory animations for one... just don't want them anymore. We haven't bought really anything from them in several years so I'm getting sick of looking at it... I want to buy new stuff. So we'll have a bunch of Scarefactory stuff. We will also be selling several sets and stuff.

We are gutting like 12 rooms total all up stairs... we will start the Monday after thanksgiving.

Larry

SeanMassacre
11-20-2012, 11:05 AM
Larry,

I will be keeping an eye out for the pictures. Have a great holiday.

Sean

drfrightner
11-22-2012, 01:02 AM
We will re-open Lemp in 2013 I just wasn't going to bother with it for the TW show... I figured everyone has seen it. Does everything think we should open it or what? I could open some new rooms of the building for you to explore or something but I don't really want to open it with actors.

I don't know you guys tell me!

Additionally I might have a VERY SECRET surprise for everyone very soon! I can't spill the beans yet but...

Larry

Wolfman13
11-22-2012, 01:38 AM
We will re-open Lemp in 2013 I just wasn't going to bother with it for the TW show... I figured everyone has seen it. Does everything think we should open it or what? I could open some new rooms of the building for you to explore or something but I don't really want to open it with actors.

Larry

Definitely open it for TW! The Lemp is one of my personal favorites, I think its awesome. Even if it was just lights on, no actors, behind the scenes, some new areas we didn't get to see last year (at TW) to explore as you mentioned, that would still be plenty cool!

Mark...

freak 'n' stein
11-22-2012, 07:16 AM
Hey. Crazy concept...what about a museum style tour with placards and prerecorded audio or video clips that play and explain a behind the scenes detail about how the scene was made or something? IDK. Just a thought since no actors.

screamforadream
11-22-2012, 12:18 PM
Hey Larry,

I would LOVE to see Lemp!
I've never been to Transworld before but I am going this year! Hell, I own a company that's vending there lol so you can bet your haunt I'll be there!

Maybe with no actors, just do it at your regular price??? I have been DYING to actually visit your haunts in person, and I can promise you that you have me as a customer should you open it up!

drfrightner
11-22-2012, 12:49 PM
Couple things...

1) Okay we'll open LEMP and add it as a bonus behind the scenes tour. We'll open up some massive 20,000 square foot rooms that you can walk through and take photos of... we won't open it with actors I don't think.

2) We will post pics starting next week when we actually start the project. First pic is attached to this email here.

3) I am pulling out all the stops this year... if you've ever wanted to see The Darkness I think this will be it. The main reason I wasn't going to open Lemp is because I will be doing some projects for other people and I want to focus ALL OF MY TIME on Darkness because its the 20th season. We will do our best work EVER!

4) I will post a list of vendors and people from around the industry who will help us with this massive overhaul project. See list now...

Unit 70 - Ghost Ride - Interactive Ticketing - we are really close to ordering a few things from Gore Galore and we'll be getting Distortions to make something for us for their TV Show. I have Dan Faupel doing some drawings and he's doing amazing work.

More vendors to be named soon!

5) We will work next week to update www.TheDarkness.com. Prices will basically be the same as last year $50.00 for Darkness and $100 for the behind the scenes tour which we'll add The Lemp to the mix. We'll offer discounts for people who buy in January through discount codes via our facebook page. This includes Terror Visions 3D. Tickets will go on Sale January 1st. 142591426014261

6) Major upgrades we are attempting: Basically the whole entire upstairs is being re-done nothing much to the downstairs. Terror Visions will get some new animations, a new facade que room and our museum is getting something HUGE... can't say yet.

Take care. Larry

MDKing
11-26-2012, 06:49 PM
Larry,

This scene resembles one of my scenes from this past year. Nice artwork!

Allan

drfrightner
11-27-2012, 01:04 PM
Actually what it is ... its a scene we use to do in Darkness like 10 or 12 years ago. I'm bringing it back only doing it better than before. I think we had it featured on one of the DVD's we produced at some point it was in a scare section. You'll like it... it requires two actors to work the scene.

The dumpster is already placed outside The Darkness and we are starting WED! I'm meeting our 3D painters tonight about what we are doing to Terror Visions as well tonight. So everything is moving. I got Brainstorm updating the website www.thedarkness.com. We will add Lemp to the behind the scenes tour and we'll open up new rooms for you to check out but we will NOT open it with actors.

BTW... I'm pretty sure we'll be filming the Darkness event for Travel Channel. More on that later.

Larry

drfrightner
11-29-2012, 12:31 PM
We have finally really started to update www.thedarkness.com. Much of the information has been updated so check out the website.

Couple of quick announcements...

1) GORE GALORE will be producing a PARADE OF THE DEAD for the Darkness live show event. More details on this later but there will be someone super cool happening in the que line produced by GORE GALORE.

2) We have begun to build the darkness... there is NO TURNING BACK NOW! We are going see the pics... a massive dumpster is sitting outside the place getting filled up by the second! The money is pouring out the window now.

We have placed a massive order with Unit 70 and we have purchased stuff from Gore Galore and Ghost Ride. I will also have a shocking announcement soon that will blow your mind but keep following this thread.

Let me just say we are going back to our roots so if you like haunted mansion themes then you will love what we do here. We are going to make this very cool very disney haunted mansion like and it will be filled with TONS of digital cgi FX that we are making or having made. Lastly we are doing some really cool stuff to Terror Visions as well... we ripped out the entire facade area we are re-doing it. I can't say what yet but you'll see...

We are adding some additional stuff to TV as well more later.

Larry

drfrightner
11-29-2012, 12:33 PM

BTW this was our booth at the IAAPA SHOW... this booth is being used in the new Darkness.

drfrightner
11-30-2012, 11:25 PM
Couple things...

1) www.thedarkness.com is basically totally updated although a few things might change but you can get all the details there. Tickets won't go on sale until January.

2) As you can see here in the new photos I've posted we are still tearing stuff out. We'll have EVERYTHING torn out by Tuesday and then we'll finally start putting it back together again. We are going fast now... Terror Visions is get started next week as well. I know these aren't the best photos but understand this is how it starts each year. The Darkness is NOW NO LONGER able to re-open at the drop of a dime the place is a wreck! LOL We'll get it done folks! This will be our best tour ever! Looking forward to it.

3) Lastly wanted to say that I added like 10 more items for sale on the trading post.

Tater
12-02-2012, 12:51 PM
Larry,

Why dont you hire the best que line actor(YOURSELF) the world has ever known to work your outside along with the Gore Galore...I Wanna see you act buddy, if you do that I will buy a ticket. But you gotta be in costume and Character

Darkangel
12-02-2012, 07:04 PM
Yeah Larry maybe its time to dust the old top hat off and bring out Dr. Frightener back for old times sake!

DA

drfrightner
12-03-2012, 12:51 AM
I think my acting days are behind me honestly... I'm not in shape for it! Today I have a running bet with me 10 year old. We are both going to get in shape, maybe if I feel better physically I'll think maybe mentally and then who knows. I use to love acting in my haunted houses in fact I did that for the first 5 to 10 years, but as the haunts get bigger you really have time for it.

When it comes to running the haunt for TW I think my focus needs to be on running the haunt overall not acting. I have hired some great people who will be in charge of the acting, our costumes are much better now, and we have a ton of outside actors as well. I think overall you'll like the acting better this year. I think if I got in there I'd ruin the whole show honestly... LOL

Larry

mindtumor
12-03-2012, 06:47 AM
I'm 32 and I work out often, but trying to act all night has just become too brutal. It just wears me out in a different way now. I'm not sure why because I'm fairly young still, maybe just 10 years of marriage and children (they wear you down quite a bit), or just life in general. It was easy in my twenties. I have a lot of respect for people older than I that can still perform at a high level. If I didn't own a haunt there is just no way I would act somewhere else for fun.

damon carson
12-03-2012, 10:06 AM
Its all really a mind set and I still do it for the adrenaline rush of getting the scare. Im 43 and I try to stay in shape but its not like i work out in a gym ect. I have acting in my haunt since day one. If I wasnt part of it I dont think I would enjoy it as much! I usually work the front so Im near everything if anything happens or comes up thats unexpected! It keeps you young! Go for it Larry!
Damon
www.frightmasters.weebly.com

Tater
12-03-2012, 10:57 AM
Ok Larry I get that you cant do it because you have to open a haunt that night and run it....BUUUUUUUUTTTTT, there is Insane Shanes Party, I wanna meet Dr. Frightner! Bring him to the party buddy...your fans are demanding it.

Jolly Pumpkin
12-03-2012, 11:26 AM
Larry, what about that actor challenge you gave Tater? Is that still on?

Novus
12-03-2012, 04:42 PM
have hired some great people who will be in charge of the acting, our costumes are much better now, and we have a ton of outside actors as well.

Are you still looking for acting help at The Darkness for Transworld? If so, who do I contact?

drfrightner
12-06-2012, 11:44 PM
Hey folks our little actor that scares everyone is in intensive care unit after having some surgery! He's a legend at our haunt... give him a shout out! http://www.facebook.com/camron.handley?ref=ts&fref=ts

Thanks Larry

drfrightner
12-06-2012, 11:52 PM
Couple updates ... interesting day Keven from Gore Galore was at our place today. He spent the whole day with us... he's making some stuff for us!!!! Got a deal done with UNIT 70 ... they are making a TON of new things including several animations.

At The Darkness itself there really isn't a lot to report really its going kind of slow because we spent a week cleaning the shop and tearing out all the old scenes inside The Darkness. Finally today they took away the 40 yard container from all the old scenes we removed. Now that this is over we can get down to business of building sets.

Here is what I can tell you we are totally re-doing upstairs alone... eight sets. I mean totally ripped out and starting from scratch. In addition to that we have ripped out the Terror Visions que line and we are totally redoing that as well including a sculpted foam entry and much more. Terror Visions will have some new paint work done inside and some new props.

Downstairs nothing is going on there until after the upstairs is done. We have our hands full right now building out these sets that will go into the upstairs. Everything should be very awesome and we are filming a video on the making of it all just like last year... it will be a how to detail video part 4.

We will be doing a TON OF VIDEO FX just FYI... and we are making them all ourselves this time around so we can get them just the way we want them. We will also utilize some of those Atmoshere FX as well... those are really good!

Anyway I would say by the end of next week I should have a TON of photos to show you. The website is mostly updated www.thedarkness.com

Take care.
Larry

Gore Galore
12-07-2012, 09:03 AM
Larry,
I had a good time with you and your crew at The Darkness.
Wow, the crew interaction is the stuff of legend.
It really is meant for TV. HILARIOUS!
I mean I was laughing so hard at times I gave myself a headache.

I am really looking forward to producing the "Monster Parade" for The Darkness Tour.
And we will be getting right to work on ALL the product we are doing for The Darkness.

What an amazingly detailed attraction.
The work you and your crew does is just inspiring.
thanks again and see you soon.

drfrightner
12-09-2012, 12:16 AM
Couple updates here... I have been out finding all kinds of cool things to buy to turn the upstairs back into the ultimate haunted mansion. I spent a small fortune last week on trim, wood, and all kinds of antiques. I've included a photo of a hallway we are building this week, a room we are currently themeing and even a snap of Terror Visions. Everyone seems to really love the 3D haunt so I've decided to do some work there as well... we've been painting a lot of the floors and we are totally rebuilding the que line as well. We'll start selling tickets at www.thedarkness.com in january.

Thanks to Kevin for coming down to see The Darkness the other day... he wanted to measure some spaces for something he's working on for us. We have Unit 70 making all kinds of new stuff for us as well... I would say by next week you'll start to see a TON photos of rooms being built, themed, painted and more. Larry

drfrightner
12-11-2012, 12:26 AM
Hey folks the beat goes on... here are a couple more photos. Two or rough drawings of stuff we are doing one to the clown house and the other is of a kitchen we plan to build. The other two pics are of a really awesome door jam we built and installed today. We are going all out to make this look like a real haunted mansion let me tell ya... if your haunted house has haunted mansion type scenes then you will love this tour here. Btw the end of week we should have two out of the eight scenes completly done if not three... once they are all painted I'll post some more pics.

In total we are re-doing eight scenes in the upstairs section and the most complicated is what we are saving for LAST, which will be in the graveyard. So we won't even tough that until January. We are hoping to have all the mansion sets built and painted and themed by the begginging of January. It will take nearly an entire month to build the sets for the graveyard/crypt we are doing.

Larry

drfrightner
12-11-2012, 11:57 PM
Hey folks... couple things. As we build this ULTIMATE haunted mansion theme we are working we will be making TWO new HOW to videos... see the covers below. The first DVD will be how to detail and build your haunted mansion sets. We've done three other DVD's but none of them was about a haunted mansion. The second video will be MOSTLY our buddy John Ives showing you how to do GORE! We will actually start filming these today and they will be on sale soon!

We'll show you how we are building haunted mansion sets from start to finish... it really is a craft to do something like Disney's Haunted Mansion. I can honestly tell you i've already spent about 15,000.00 in old stuff, wood trim, and all kinds of other rusty things. Right now I have someone hunting down every prop I need for the kitchen. This won't be your normal kitchen folks... we will do things we've never done before because otherwise what is the point. The detail will be spot on! Anyway more pics coming soon! Larry

Moxley Manor
12-12-2012, 10:48 AM
Great work! Looking forward to seeing more of the progress and the finished product in March!

elowther
12-12-2012, 11:30 AM
This will be great Larry! We also plan on doing a major renovation on our graveyard this year. Seeing yours come together will be good inspiration. Thanks for posting the progress, that makes it more exciting to see the finished product.

drfrightner
12-13-2012, 03:40 AM
Thanks for the comments...

Couple things I'm doing things different this year on this thread... in the past I just updated photos and updates didn't take questions. This year all posts will stay and if you have a question I will answer it. So fire away!

Secondly I wanted to say I got home tonight around 2am because I was at the Darkness until that time. I have been there at The Darkness EVERY SINGLE DAY overseeing this project myself. Ives even gave me a compliment telling me things are much better this time around because I'm there we are not doing things five times like normal. I must also give some thanks because the guys I have doing the build out are the best we've ever had period. I must say and I'm saying this honestly, that everyone we have is seriously dedicated to getting this done RIGHT!

No corners are being cut and the goal of this build out is to make YOU GUYS walk through and walk out and say 'that was cool, that was clever, I've never seen that done before but we can do that or do it better...'. We want to help you and give you idea's and the ONLY reason we are doing this is because we want to help haunt owners and by doing things we don't think have been done before.

We are really laying out the scares this time around, and the detail is OH MY GOD second to NOTHING we've ever done before... I've got master carpenters on the job this time around, we have video FX, we have more antiques than I've ever bought before, and its almost ALL REAL... and that will be the cool element of the final product and the video we are making. You will see just how YOU CAN DO this with no problem... we'll show you on the video and through the tour.

Tonight we were standing in this hallway I'm having built 4 feet by 20 feet... and when this is done you'll stand in this thing for 20 minutes saying 'I can't believe these guys did all this to a hallway'. That is how detailed we are going here...

I can't wait to see you all here... I'm dead serious! I'm freaking stoked right now!

Larry

drfrightner
12-13-2012, 03:49 AM
Also just so you can see how NO STONE is being unturned check out the photo of the monkey cage animation we are totally rebuilding... I didn't like the look so I'm turning them into REAL cages. We are even redoing our mansion facade which was overall lame, there just isn't anything that is NOT being overhauled. And this haunt will feature more video FX than you can shake a stick at and btw, you will be able to get copies yourself as we'll have them at the TW show itself. I think we are going to have in the haunt something
1444014441 like 20 video FX... this is not a joke!

So far we will have three to four rooms done by the end of this week and painting on them all weekend. I have hired MORE people because I got a couple huge jobs so we have to get to work on them... we have guys working on this now around the clock and I mean guys are still working at 2am.

It is going to be awesome! We are also making custom costumes, we'll have a dead parade from Gore Galore and Travel Channel will be there filming for Making Monsters. This is going to be the biggest tour we've EVER DONE! And FYI... Unit 70 is making me TONS of new custom animations and from my understanding they are not doing the show again. So you'll be able to check those out as well.

Can't wait until March! Larry

drfrightner
12-14-2012, 11:50 AM
More pics ... as you can see our monkey cages are getting better and after we rust them up they'll look incredible. Additionally check out this giant fan that I had suspended from the ceiling it makes this room look BAD ASS... that room is getting yet another fan which you see in this photo. Lastly we are already spreading mud in our mansion rooms. This is turning out overall the best stuff we've ever done, I'm like seriously making sure no hallway no crack nothing is left without being detailed to the bone. Larry

drfrightner
12-15-2012, 01:39 AM
Yes more pictures... we have about 12-15 people working every single day on this project. Its going really fast. Next week we should have several rooms complete on the build out side... we will start working on the hardest section of the whole project soon! We'll be working on the crypt and graveyard area. This section will probably be the single coolest stuff in the whole entire haunt which is WHY we are doing it last! By the end of next week I should be able to start showing you complete finished scenes. Larry

ahastings
12-15-2012, 07:06 PM
Photos are looking awesome!

Which days during convention are the tours going to be? I don't see the specific dates posted on the convention's site or on thedarkness.com yet.

Last year, since you had a Live Actors tour for Lemp as well, the Darkness wasn't open live until Saturday night. Since you aren't opening Lemp live this year, will the Behind the Scenes tours be held on Thursday, and the Darkness live on Friday? We usually leave Saturday afternoon, and it'd be great be to able to see Darkness live!

43 nightmares
12-17-2012, 04:32 PM
cant wait till march too see it up close looks awsome ...are you gonna post any more pictures

drfrightner
12-18-2012, 02:23 AM
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you and your questions... for one here are more pics. To answer your overall questions yes we will be posting pictures for the next two months leading up to the opening. We are moving along on this project and we are at a point now that we can start filming our first video how to detail your haunted mansion. We start tonight.

As for when the tours will happen... since no tickets have gone live yet I'm still trying to decide. I was actually thinking about a behind the scenes tour on Thursday and Saturday for the live one. Last year it just killed me and everyone who worked for us to go to the show spend all day and then be at the haunts all night long. It was taxing.

I'm still mulling it all over. We will add Lemp to the behind the scenes tour and we have totally cleaned up two unexplored area's so now you can see some new areas of the place on the behind the scenes only.

The Darkness will be the only haunt I do a totally renovation on... the only thing we are doing with Lemp is we opened up two rooms both of which are about 20,000 square feet for you to look around in.

I was thinking about doing something different on Friday... like a Scream School with myself and our staff a private event limited to only about 50 people or so. Where we walk through the Darkness with people for an hour talking about how we do all of the screams, go scene by scene, talk about how we detailed something, give you all the ins and outs on a private tour type of setting. What do you think of that?1447514476144771447814479

Keep your questions, comments and concerns coming.

IF you have suggestions pass them along.

Larry

drfrightner
12-20-2012, 03:36 AM
Wow busy day... I left the haunted house today at around 2am. We were shooting the How to Detail Your Haunted House Part 4... let me tell you there is a running joke all through the video and the ending will have you in tears laughing. We have already done about 80% of this video and I have some guys doing the editing they start today actually. We will be finished filming this video later tonight... it will be totally edited probably next week or so. We can't actually finish it until all the props are installed into the rooms so the video won't be ready for probably another four weeks.

Anyway... as you can see and follow with these photos the progress we've made. The painting and detail is flying now! I can honestly tell you this is the best stuff we've EVER DONE and I'm stoked. When you come to our tour you'll see for yourself the detail is off the scale... the pictures can't do any justice.

More pics to come! Larry

drfrightner
12-20-2012, 03:51 AM
Couple more pics however most of these are of scenes still under major construction... first you'll see the kitchen we are building and we even put down a floor! This kitchen won't look like much until all the equipment is installed and its detailed. We are building the walls and putting tons of pipes within the walls. The second pic is of the new endless hallway which trust me on this will be bad ass... its not done. We are going to do something super cool here but again it won't be done for several weeks. We are waiting on some new props. Also another pic of the big room we keep working on which is a dinning room. Lastly you'll see the monkey cages as they continue to progress ... we totally rebuilt them to make them look more realistic. The room they are in is so bad ass you won't really understand just how cool the room is until you see it for yourself.

Let me just throw this out there... I have a lot of new team members, carpenters 10 times anything I've ever had before because it was a must! We are doing high end carpentry work here. I had to bring in some really good guys. Many of which will be working on all the vac form we will offer at the show. I'm actually doing most of the day to day overall design stuff, I'm there every single day working with our entire team making sure it gets done right the first time. I must say this is probably the fastest we've ever worked because we aren't doing stuff 10 times... its a great feeling! I have actually never been happier than I am right now its all fun now for me! I'm there every single day and just having a blast. When you come to the tour you just wont' believe all the detail stuff I had done... with as fast as my new team is working, and because I'm overseaing everything we are saving so much time that I just keep adding more and more stuff to the mix. We are doing stuff we've never done like all sorts of fancy roofs, flooring and much more. You'll see... its simply awesome and I'm just really having fun!

I'd say by weeks end I should have some really amazing photos for you!

Larry

Patti Ludwinski
12-20-2012, 10:29 AM
If anyone is looking for a restaurant deal while in town for Transworld, Living Social just posted this deal for Soulard's Restaurant which is just around the corner from The Darkness Haunted House (walking distance if not too cold). Thought some of you might want to take advantage...

https://www.livingsocial.com/deals/546340?ref=conf-jp&rpi=97914838

drfrightner
12-22-2012, 01:33 AM
Okay a few more pics here... our hallway that I was talking about you can see that we built a ceiling in it. The dinning room is almost finished on the paint side. We started building the garage as well. Moving along. Once we start putting props into place it will really start looking cool! Larry

austind
12-22-2012, 06:56 AM
Patti I still owe you lunch so I'm in.

Phatman

austind
12-22-2012, 06:59 AM
Larry I have been looking for monkeys like you have in the photos, where did you find them. Every thing I have found look fake and that won't work for me. I could use some help with finding realistic animal for my research lab. Thanks

Phatman

Darksidestew
12-22-2012, 07:40 AM
Austin,

I believe those ae from Unit70

stew

Deathwing
12-23-2012, 11:07 AM
Just curious, why would anyone keep monkeys in their mansion anyway? Maybe an exterior zoo on the grounds of the estate?

Jake

drfrightner
12-23-2012, 03:44 PM
Unless you tear down and rebuild your haunted house each year you get scenes trapped out of place ... every year we rebuild tons of scenes mostly scenes I no longer fancy. The upstairs was this hodgepodge of stuff and the goal this year was to make things connect better. The first half is more of a mansion and the second half is more of the basement which leads to the graveyard. After all the mansion scenes comes the kitchen which leads to the freezer which has bodies in it which leads to the basement (boiler) and this secret room where like a serial killer is doing xyz.

Anyway we are calling this scenes the Silent Hill room because it will be filled with Silent Hill style nurses ... its in the back half of the attraction where everything is more industrial boiler, elevator, basement type stuff.

Does that help explain.

Larry

Deathwing
12-23-2012, 04:08 PM
Yes that makes more sense. I know the trapped feeling too.

Phatman I think unit 70 makes the monkeys.

Jake

austind
12-24-2012, 12:04 PM
Thanks just haven't seen them on their site, will contact them.

Phatman

damon carson
12-27-2012, 01:15 PM
Larry love the pics! Top notch as always! The long hallway w the arch and cool ceiling is my favorite! For the 20TH YEAR I know you sd your going to do things youve never done before. Other than redoing the whole upstairs what have you planned for when the Season starts in Sept 2013. I read where you sd there is a Friday the 13th in Sept 2013. I guess you plan on opening and wondered if you doing any other cool things? Celebrities, Zombie skydivers or bungy jumping off the top of your building! LOL!
Damon

drfrightner
12-28-2012, 01:18 PM
We are working on The Darkness all this week and weekend. It's really cold here and with the holidays things are going slow... however hoping by the end of the week we'll be moving on towards the graveyard area which will be the hardest build out of all. We are painting that hallway that Damon mentioned right now and it will be very cool. The garage area is almost done now... it should be done today I would think.

We need to start cleaning up everything and start putting props into place and start re-installing animations. I ordered a ton of lighting from Dark Light that should show up any day now. Money is just flying out the window! LOL

By the weekend I'll have a ton of photos of scenes that will be getting close to completion.

I bought a TON OF TV's the other day we are doing a whole bunch of digital FX in the haunt this year. We'll also be selling some at the show itself.

Tickets will go on sale in a week or so at www.thedarkness.com

Keep in mind if you buy them early they are cheaper, and if you want a certain time slot you should get them sooner than later.

Larry

drfrightner
12-30-2012, 02:18 PM
More pics...nothing overly awesome here just more pics as we develop. The cool deal here is we are getting really close to moving props around, putting props in place, or getting latex back in scenes. By the end of this coming week we'll have a lot to show ya! Larry

Deathwing
12-30-2012, 04:18 PM
Larry,

Looking real nice. How high are your sprinklers and do you have to cut holes out on the scenes with ceilings like your arched hallway for water to go through to the ground?

Jake

Trail of Terror
12-30-2012, 06:24 PM
Larry,

Looking real nice. How high are your sprinklers and do you have to cut holes out on the scenes with ceilings like your arched hallway for water to go through to the ground?

Jake

i was wondering the same thing... just didn't see any in some of the pictures

drfrightner
12-31-2012, 01:35 PM
If you look REALLY close you'll see HUGE holes in the ceiling that is where the sprinkler heads are located. We didnt' cover up any sprinkler heads or fire detectors, or elights or anything else. There are no full ceilings in the haunt... we could do them but then you'd have to bring the heads down into the room itself. Larry

drfrightner
01-01-2013, 01:39 AM
More nothing super special photos... none of these photos will make a whole lot of sense until a couple weeks from now! But you need to see these so you can understand the ones coming later. We are working straight through the holiday! Larry

Deathwing
01-02-2013, 08:01 AM
How did you get a VW beetle in your haunt? That's crazy!

Jake

drfrightner
01-02-2013, 03:54 PM
We bought it... then we took the motor out plus stripped it of all the suspension and stuff. Then we took out the interior, dash, blah, blah. Then we cut the thing apart in like 6 pieces took it into the haunt then built a metal frame under it. Then... hold on let me catch my breath!

Then we welded it back to together, put the interior back in it add some wheels and it looks like brand new.

The bug is also a scare as it has headlights that activate along with a horn. We are building a new garage scene and it will go inside the garage crashed through the building.

The scene will also include a ton of dogs who will attack you when you approach the house.

Larry

drfrightner
01-03-2013, 05:16 AM
Couple more photos... Its really going to take at least another 10 days before we really start getting anywhere close to the detail type photos I'd like to show you! Bare with me... Larry

drfrightner
01-05-2013, 12:26 AM
Working on a new room... the kitchen! We will show how we do all this on the new video we are making 'how to detail your haunt 4 mansion mansion edition'. This scene is painted AWESOME and its NOT done yet... by Sunday we are hoping to be done with ALL the painting of the mansion rooms. Then we'll start detailing them... we are already installing TV sets for new digital FX and all kinds of stuff.

The big thing now is working on the graveyard that is the big one! Still to come! I have to admit this is taking longer than I expected and is hurting my ability to work on new products for the TW show... which sucks! I decided like two days ago that nothing is good enough and decided to add like double the work to everything. Just trust me... when you come to the tour you are going to see how detailing a mansion is done like HOllywood movie! You'll see... I'm pulling out all the stops now! On another note we are doing work to Terror Visions as well and it will all be done middle of next week. Can't take photos because the floors are wet and just not enough right to to show you.

The tour tickets will be sold at www.thedarkness.com and should be on sale early next week like maybe even Monday.

Larry

drfrightner
01-07-2013, 12:39 AM
More photos ... we are almost done with the mansion section of this build out. Probably will be the last week of mansion work and then we'll focus on the last two scenes we are doing in the graveyard. The fun will be once we can start to detail the rooms with props and stuff. We'll keep the pics coming. Get all the info at www.thedarkness.com

drfrightner
01-07-2013, 05:35 PM
Tickets are now on sale... https://secure.interactiveticketing.com/a/e345da this is the link!

Larry

drfrightner
01-08-2013, 11:33 PM
Couple things... one the link to buy tickets wasn't working today in EXPLORER and NOW it is... go here to buy tickets https://secure.interactiveticketing.com/a/e345da

Secondly and let me just say for the record the Darkness is NOW BAD ASS ... you won't believe the detail you have to see it with your own eyes that is for sure! Its totally bad ass...

I've never gone this far to detail rooms... and honestly I was talking to our guys about putting down flooring, and grass and bringing whole entire trees into the building I might be thinking to far with so little time left.

We are getting close to finalizing the paint stuff then we'll be installing props and detailing everything. Just spent like 8000 on fake foliage today! Trust me it will be one of the coolest things you've ever seen!

Larry

drfrightner
01-09-2013, 01:20 AM
Wanted to mention... Making Monsters will be filming at The Darkness tour because DISTORTIONS is making a one of kind animation just for the Darkness 20th year of fear... they will be in St. Louis installing the prop. The first episode will showcase Distortions making the animation for the Darkness haunt tour!!! This will add more drama to their show... they have to get their booth set up and install animations for me!

Also don't forget that Gore Galore is making some custom pieces as well and will be doing a PARADE OF THE DEAD at the event! More announcements coming soon! This is our 20th year folks so we really have to go all out... that is exactly what we are doing!

Tickets are on sale NOW https://secure.interactiveticketing.com/a/e345da and get all the info at www.thedarkness.com

So as it stacks up so far... and keep in MIND I HAVE MORE MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENTS COMING SOON!

1) Making Monsters will film at Darkness
2) Gore Galore Parade of the Dead
3) Outside entertainment with sliders and more
4) Totally renovated Darkness with new props and animations from Unit 70, Ghost Ride, Distortions and more!

This will be the best event at TW hands down! I'm going to make sure of it!

Larry

damon carson
01-09-2013, 01:02 PM
I have been coming to the Darkness since its infancy! Over the years Larry has let me roam the halls and corridors at free will practically anytime ive asked! Just from these pics I can tell you that the haunt has never looked this impressive. It has always been amazing but this really looks like your in a real haunted mansion! I cant wait to see it. Even though I have enjoyed acting ect during transworld because I live for the scare! I think im going to just do the tour and take it all instead! Great job guys!
Damon

drfrightner
01-10-2013, 03:48 AM
We are getting really far now scenes are really starting to come together. I talked to UNIT 70 today they said all of our new animations and props will be done by the end of this month. Bo said he's sculpting away... he reminded me today this is now his 10th year in business!!! Way to go BO!

So seeing how this will really all unfold won't take place until early February. We are hard at work now on our new graveyard which is turning out AWESOME! Get tickets now at www.thedarkness.com

BTW... we are making three new DVD's ... the how to detail your haunt part 4 haunted mansion edition was be finished filming later today. Then it will be edited. We should have that ready to ship in a couple weeks. Also shot the whole entire video for another new one... 13 Tips for Ultimate Success. That one is being edited as well. The new Gore video won't be done or even started until end of this month. All of these videos can be found at www.hauntedhousesupplies.com

drfrightner
01-11-2013, 11:44 AM
Wanted to mention that yesterday we stayed at Darkness until about 3am shooting with a video production crew. We finished... How to Detail Your Haunted House Part 4, and interviews for the 20 Years of Fear Documentary on The Darkness. Yes we are producing a 20 years video... we'll have it done before TW as part of the tour. It will show video and photos from like when we got started. I really fell old now... holy cow!

The night before we totally finished the other new DVD we are offering called 13 Tips to Ultimate Success. That DVD is going to be really cool... they are all now being edited I'll let you know when they'll be shipping. You can pre-order they will be shipped the minute they are duplicated. www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com

The Ultimate Gore video won't be started for another two weeks or so... we had to order in a ton of stuff and we have to wait for The Darkness to be cleaned out.

Talk to you soon!
Get your tickets now at www.TheDarkness.com

Larry

drfrightner
01-12-2013, 03:13 AM
We are building the ultimate mansion kitchen... check it out. We are also building in our new graveyard section finally. Stayed at the Darkness until about 3:30 hanging animals heads, pictures, blah, blah. Trying to get this done. This is by FAR the MOST detailed work WE have EVER DONE! You won't believe your eyes! Tickets are on sale www.thedarkness.com

drfrightner
01-12-2013, 03:20 AM
A few more pics... one of the bedroom getting closer and two more of the kitchen from the opposite side. Let me just say this kitchen is worth the price of admission. This is hands down the most detailed kitchen ever built... I want to see someone top this thing. Its over the top its so far so detailed you won't even believe it. Keep in mind its NOT DONE! Tickets are on sale now www.thedarkness.com

Hauntguy311
01-12-2013, 02:20 PM
A few more pics... one of the bedroom getting closer and two more of the kitchen from the opposite side. Let me just say this kitchen is worth the price of admission. This is hands down the most detailed kitchen ever built... I want to see someone top this thing. Its over the top its so far so detailed you won't even believe it. Keep in mind its NOT DONE! Tickets are on sale now www.thedarkness.com

Does the darkness still have a "Hellevator " and is that something you have to go in or can you skip it? I look forward to the behind the scenes tour of the world famous, darkness.

drfrightner
01-12-2013, 02:50 PM
Another update... we signed a deal with a new photo company who will be at TW. They are selling a machine that takes pictures and prints the picture so you can sell them. The machine also uploads to your facebook and puts artwork around the photo as well. We are going to set this up in our museum ... everyone who wants a printed photo of their experience should get one. You can also right on the spot upload the photo to facebook. I don't know a ton about the system but its more of a system to take pictures and print them to sell in your gift store just like say Disney or Universal.

So free pictures...

So far here are the new highlights...

1) Parade of the Dead - Gore Galore
2) Outside Entertainment Screams
3) Making Monsters Filming
4) Free Photos
5) Totally Renovated Haunted House

More fun announcements coming soon.

Larry

Get tickets NOW because they are cheaper www.thedarkness.com

drfrightner
01-15-2013, 04:34 AM
Now we are getting busy on the graveyard stuff... getting closer! Today we are going to move props around all day, and really knock out a lot of little stuff. We are adding something like 20 CGI FX to the haunt... its going to be awesome. One of the CGI FX we are bringing to the TW show I got to check out today can't wait to get it in...

Now we begin a lot of detail work so slowly the photos should start to look like finished work! Get your tickets now at www.thedarkness.com

Larry

dustinc35
01-16-2013, 01:12 PM
Larry I was looking at your pics and they look awesome! I cant wait to see it for real at transworld! The haunt I am working at is going for the factory/slaughter house feel and we have been trying to make some new scenes this coming year and no matter what we do we aren't getting the old realistic look that I am going for and I see in your pics. So my question is this in your freezer room and others like it what are you using to give your pipes and walls the rust look? Is it just something simple I can do myself or are you using some kind of product? Thanks for your help! Dustin

drfrightner
01-16-2013, 01:35 PM
Thanks for the comments. It really is starting to look great, and we haven't even finished. We have about $60,000 worth of props and animations on order from different companies. Just last night I had to order 2500 worth of faux panels and well we have a ton more detail work to do!

Here is a picture of a facade that we are about to start.

Get your tickets now at www.thedarkness.com

Larry

drfrightner
01-17-2013, 02:18 AM
We are still working... trying to build a very very elaborate crypt I'm going to use real marbel panels, and everything. We are going for the most real thing you can put your hands on... we are also really close to finishing the reaper room. Tickets are on sale now at www.thedarkness.com

Hauntguy311
01-17-2013, 08:07 AM
We are still working... trying to build a very very elaborate crypt I'm going to use real marbel panels, and everything. We are going for the most real thing you can put your hands on... we are also really close to finishing the reaper room. Tickets are on sale now at www.thedarkness.com

I asked a question about the darkness. Care to answer Larry? Seems odd nobody can reply

drfrightner
01-17-2013, 12:05 PM
What was the question

drfrightner
01-17-2013, 03:08 PM
Check out the video for the all new Darkness Haunted House Tour in March here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMvXHC7sQ7I Get your tickets today at www.thedarkness.com

Hauntguy311
01-17-2013, 07:56 PM
What was the question

I asked if the darkness has any elevators or "Hellevator "? My group of transworld goers has some elevator phobias

freak 'n' stein
01-17-2013, 08:20 PM
I asked if the darkness has any elevators or "Hellevator "? My group of transworld goers has some elevator phobias

Last two years I've gone they had one but not in the traditional "walk into elevator, door closes, elevator goes wild" way. It's more of a walk through one door and out the other side while the elevator shakes. Kinda awkward really cause that's not how you'd board/exit an elevator, but it's cool. Video screen on the ground, undoubtedly pale night if I had to guess.

Hauntguy311
01-17-2013, 09:39 PM
Oh that's cool. I just watched the video and I must say wow Larry! The mansion idea will be a winner for sure!

drfrightner
01-18-2013, 04:57 AM
There is a walk through you walk right through it... we've never had any Hellevator or whatever that is. Way back in the day and we are talking 18 years ago I think we had these double elevators we built that people got in prior to enter the darkness. We sold them like 10 years ago. So no sir! Sorry didn't see your comments or questions. Larry

PS: Going to Darkness tonight. I will be there for some time and will take many more pics so stay tuned! We will also make another videos because even when I made that its already out dates... we only shot it last week. Things are going fast! Our goal is to be done end of this this month.

UnDeRTaKer313
01-18-2013, 06:31 AM
Larry the blown out ceilings are bad ass especially.
Have you thought about doing CGI effects above them? or are you going to backlight them from far away? It created such depth to the scene, great work!

drfrightner
01-18-2013, 02:30 PM
NO CGI FX... not this year. The original plan was to do CGI FX but time is running out and we are working on CGI FX for the Halloween Show. I didn't think it would be easy to display something like that at the show and I thought not many people would care for it so I moved on to something else. I want to do it and maybe next year. Our other idea was to put another room over it so as if there was another floor to the haunt. We may do that next year. Who knows.

Thanks for the questions... they are good ones!

Larry

drfrightner
01-18-2013, 03:09 PM
This just in... as I stated many times before Unit 70 is making us a TON of new stuff... the garage scene will have several animated dogs. Here are the dogs! What do you think? Larry

screamforadream
01-18-2013, 03:17 PM
Uhm Larry.......what's that in the background?? Lol

Hauntguy311
01-18-2013, 06:26 PM
Does this thing sell out quick? My wife and I REALLLY wanna do the behind the scenes lights on tour as we are attending transworld but unfortunately can't get our tickets for this until middle of Feb!! I don't mind paying a little more if i have to BUT i definately dont wanna miss this! Darkness AND LEMP lights on tour??!!! And i must say the darkness looks to be the best , most detailed haunt i've ever seen in my life. I'm sure itll be amazing. Great job Larry and crew.

drfrightner
01-19-2013, 03:19 AM
We are just getting more and more detail work... the garage is really starting look awesome but I took pictures that are way to dark so I can't show you that really. All anyone is really working on now is detail detail detail... we have two big construction projects left a crypt and a facade.

Right now we are working on detailing every scene. So as I upload pictures of the kitchen maybe you can pick up things that have got done to it since the last photo. There are MANY things you won't see until you come because I'll get getting several props from companies at the last minute. I have like 50,000 worth of props coming in from companies. So in the end it will look simply awesome! You'll also notice our facade getting better and better.

To answer your question... the dog pictures are from Unit 70 Shop I don't have them yet. Secondly yes you can get your tickets next month. They are not close to sold out yet but we have a limit on everything and it will sell out.

Larry

drfrightner
01-19-2013, 03:27 AM
Here are a few more pictures. Tickets are cheaper if you buy them now. www.TheDarkness.com

I can only tell you this and I totally mean it... our company has NEVER EVER done detail work this good EVER before. This is simply the best carpentry, and detail work we've EVER DONE PERIOD! Nothing we've ever done tops this! EVER!

When you walk through you'll be like this is totally unreal ... you can't soak up all the detail its just overwhelming! If you have a haunted mansion if you have a graveyard scene or anything like that you will be blown totally away. When you see the crypts we are building we are using real marble tiles, we are using real everything. Its crazy ... its our 20th year so what the hell. LOL

It will be a while before I can show you the crypts they won't be done probably until end of next week but they will be mind blowing... this is the last thing we are building. Not much to see yet but here is a picture anyway. The crypts will include some custom CGI FX as well.

Larry

Deathwing
01-19-2013, 06:08 AM
Amazing detail, the front porch looks very nice.

Jake

drfrightner
01-20-2013, 04:26 PM
Our next few projects... one you can see an entire hallway lined up with vines and stuff. That is one huge project we will be working on this coming week. Second to that we will to building this facade you see here... we probably won't start that until next week but once we do start it will go quickly. I already posted a picture of what it will look like in a previous email. This week we'll focus 110% on building this crypt which is probably the smallest room we are building but yet the most complicated. It will feature two custom CGI FX, we are using real tiles to make it and its just a tough project for some reason. It should be completed by the end of this coming week. So as we go on this week I'll hit you up with photos of the crypt build out.

I just wanted to say if you take the FRIDAY TOUR I will be giving those tours myself with some of my staff... we will be talking about HOW we made things. So for example if we are standing in the crypt once you see it you might be a little shellshocked about all the detail we will put into it...

So you might want to know exactly how we did it where we got the materials how we obtained the look and so forth... we will tell you!

So its really more like a LIVE seminar with myself and staff.

That is limited to like the first 150 people I think. It's already half sold out.

Larry

Hauntguy311
01-21-2013, 11:11 AM
Our next few projects... one you can see an entire hallway lined up with vines and stuff. That is one huge project we will be working on this coming week. Second to that we will to building this facade you see here... we probably won't start that until next week but once we do start it will go quickly. I already posted a picture of what it will look like in a previous email. This week we'll focus 110% on building this crypt which is probably the smallest room we are building but yet the most complicated. It will feature two custom CGI FX, we are using real tiles to make it and its just a tough project for some reason. It should be completed by the end of this coming week. So as we go on this week I'll hit you up with photos of the crypt build out.

I just wanted to say if you take the FRIDAY TOUR I will be giving those tours myself with some of my staff... we will be talking about HOW we made things. So for example if we are standing in the crypt once you see it you might be a little shellshocked about all the detail we will put into it...

So you might want to know exactly how we did it where we got the materials how we obtained the look and so forth... we will tell you!

So its really more like a LIVE seminar with myself and staff.

That is limited to like the first 150 people I think. It's already half sold out.

Larry

Larry do you guys need any extra help? I'll help for free. I do a charity haunt and it would be interesting to just help out a big name haunt and get extra knowledge of how it's done. I'm good for just extra labor, helping hand , throwing shit away lol whatever you need. If not thanks anyway. Let me know. I got transportation and i'm 31 years old. Free grunt work! hehe

drfrightner
01-24-2013, 04:22 AM
We'll always take free help!!! LOL

Okay very exciting news and many updates... for one we are going to be totally done with all build out by the end of this weekend. The last two major projects was doing these coves you see here on the first floor. It will look cool when its done. But the BIGGEST project as it turns out is this crypt we are building you see some pictures. Its VERY hard to take pictures of it because its very cramped. I can only tell you this building this crypt was and is the most complicated thing we've done during this whole project and its taking a lot longer than expected to do! This one room that is barely half way done is killing me for Transworld... its throwing off our whole entire schedule. But the good news it might be the best scene in the entire attraction. We are using real marble tiles, real decorative tiles, custom CGI FX, you name it... its costing an arm and leg just to build one damn room that is like 16 feet by 16 feet maybe! When its DONE DONE ... it will be simply put incredible! We are also working on vines, to detail work. Nothing will be done done until we get all of our new props from all the companies we ordered from.

Everything new from Unit 70 will be in the Darkness... lastly I wanted to mention that because we are going for ultimate detail one of our biggest flaws has been lighting. Well this is exactly WHY you need to come to the tour THIS YEAR... we've spent about $20,000 on lighting equipment and we'll work on it for about two weeks. We are doing EVERYTHING all kinds of FX to you name it... we are going ALL OUT! Get your tickets now at www.thedarkness.com

damon carson
01-24-2013, 11:30 AM
Loving the pics Larry! Everything is looking amazing! I really like the last pic and the arch ect. The foilage and vines ect look very natural like they actually grew there. Nice work!
Damon

drfrightner
01-24-2013, 11:41 PM
Couple things we updated this video slightly... this is a new version. Also next week we'll do another version of this video and show you more what the place looks like now. Since we did this video we actually built three more scenes and detailed all the rest. So look for that next week. Finally we are painting the crypt so there we go... its almost all detail work from here on out. By the end of next week we are hoping to have all the build out and all the painting and theming DONE! Then all that will be left is getting new props installed from vendors, and the lighting. Lastly I wanted to REMIND YOU ALL... we dropped the price of a normal ticket to $40.00 that is only 15.00 more than normal. That price is set to jump to $50.00 in FIVE DAYS! If you want tickets at cheaper prices you must order NOW! I can only tell you guys this will be the best haunt tour we've done yet on The Darkness... if you don't think so if you don't agree its the best work we've ever done in any of the FIVE YEARS I'll jump off roof onto the highway! LOL I'm pretty excited right now about the work we've done!

Two more updates our new videos How to Detail Part 4 and Top 13 Ultimate Success DVD's will be going to the duplicator by next Friday. So they will ship within 10 days or so if you want to order them go to www.hauntedhousesupplies.com

Lastly Hauntworld Magazine is DONE and shipping TODAY! www.hauntedhousemagazine.com

BTW... just something of interest to you all! I hired an animator from Disneyland. He mostly fixed animations in Disney's Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean. He will be on hand for our PRIVATE TOUR on Friday... you can ask him ANYTHING about the haunted mansion or any of those rides there he knows EVERYTHING and how to FIX them all! He's working at Darkness now daily!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvrU6RUMFyY

drfrightner
01-26-2013, 12:50 AM
Follow these photos here ... did this in ONE NIGHT! Pretty cool huh? This will be part of the facade we are doing for our new reaper room. We'll have this done next week no problem. It will be super cool when finished. Keep in mind this is NOT painted and there is a HUGE reaper that will go in front of it and we are also going to make those statues look like concrete also.

Get your tickets now at www.thedarkness.com only a couple days left for the cheaper prices!

drfrightner
01-26-2013, 12:56 AM
Now take a look at all these photos because now they are somewhat like how to do it type photos... this is the room we've been working on ALL WEEK and its STILL NOT DONE! It will probably take another day or two to finish it. Its going to be very very detailed. We used real tiles for trim highlight, ... this room is actually further along than this but I forget to take pictures because I got ten tons of concrete in my hair from spraying it... oh well I'll get more. Get tickets now www.thedarkness.com

Darkangel
01-26-2013, 12:47 PM
Everything is looking really good. Nice work!

DA

drfrightner
01-27-2013, 03:47 AM
These photos might not seem like much but... it goes to show the length we've gone to get the detail that we are aiming for here. The first picture shows marble tile REAL BTW built over the top of bricks. Those will be the face plates on our crypt. It takes about 20 hours to build all the ones we are doing ... there won't be a single one out there more real than a real one. We are using REAL materials to build it... we are using REAL marble, we are using REAL tile to trim it and on the open faced crypt we are using REAL bricks. Additionally there will be two custom CGI fx in this room... this is probably the single most expensive room we've built.

This room will go to show you don't have to do things fake or you don't have to buy some 10,000 animation that will break five minutes later, that you can invest your money into taking time and care and build something REAL something that stands up for years to come! When you guys see this I don't know how you won't be amazed at the level of realism but more importantly you will see that ANYONE of you can DO THE SAME THING! That is our goal of this tour to help the haunted houses out there learn that real detail can be done if you really want to...

The second picture is the first picture revealed on our new endless two way mirror hallway... its not done. Sometime this week you'll see this crypt fully don't and it will be an eye opener. Its just that real looking... this is a room that is nothing but 16 foot by 16 foot and we've spent two and half weeks working on it and we are not done. The room will also feature a lot of ivy and some really incredible CGI FX. Get your tickets now at www.thedarkness.com

Gore Galore
01-27-2013, 06:43 AM
Looking amazing Larry,

I should be coming to see you this week.
And I will be bringing you some extras to look at.
I will have a cannibal kitchen set to show you
something a little like this.
It is called "with a little cianti". A little illusion to "Silence of the lambs"

drfrightner
01-29-2013, 03:56 AM
Listen folks ... I talked to a couple guys who said 'we went to it last year did you change anything'. Ahhh yeah... I've done it again when I said I wouldn't . I spent close to $300k on this AGAIN! And we are not even done... the money just keeps flying out the door. I can only tell you this is the most detailed stuff we've ever done period. I got more talented people helping this year, and the bigger difference is I'm doing a lot of the work myself. I have a lot of passion for set design and it will show this year. I've spared NO EXPENSE to do this hoping that the people who attend the tour get something out of it that helps their business. That is the ONLY GOAL HERE... everything we are doing YOU CAN DO! Come to the tour and learn all the details.

I do strongly suggest you take the private tour because I'll have my entire staff there including myself to guild you around and tell you how we do everything or answer any of your questions. JUST FYI... this crypt we are working on is keeping me from working on a TW booth. We are not in full week two of building this thing. We are using real brick, real marble real tile, cgi fx, walls of ivy you name it... we are blowing the roof off here. Get your tickets now at www.thedarkness.com

drfrightner
01-30-2013, 04:22 AM
Hey Folks... another day at the office. Left the haunt around 3am... this crypt is going to be AWESOME simply AWESOME! You won't believe it what so ever. Its now based out in its final colors and today we'll start distressing the whole entire thing and I'll snag a couple more pictures. You can't really see what this looks like unless you come and see it for yourself because its so tight you can hardly take a picture. Additionally we are moving along on the facade we are building for our new reaper room... that will be done by Friday. Then and finally... we'll be down to about 10,000 little things, lighting and fixing the sound making sure the animations work. Lastly we'll need our props from vendors then it will really be done... more to come soon. I will tell you the detail is so real in every single scene we did I'm hoping that everyone who comes will take away a treasure trove of idea's to help you with your haunted house. www.TheDarkness.com

drfrightner
01-30-2013, 09:17 PM
Check out this new company who will be at The Darkness tour using their machine to give you FREE TOUR PHOTOS... you heard that right. This is a new system that actually takes frames and prints photos on the spot! They have several machines out this week at the Superbowl and now they want to sell to the haunt industry. Get more details on this system here: http://www.catchthemoment.com/Pages/home.aspx

Get your tickets to the Haunted House Tour at www.thedarkness.com (http://www.thedarkness.com)

Other updates... Unit 70 all the new animations and props I'm getting from them I'm picking up in about 10 days. Ghost Ride is making me a bunch of custom stuff as well will have that in 10 days. Gore Galore is making me some custom stuff and I'll have that next week.

So basically in about 14 days from now The Darkness will really start to look awesome. Additionally got all my new lighting stuff in waiting on a unit from Lights Alive... its going awesome! Also we are making a video called The Darkness 20 Years of Fear... it will be about 45 minutes long and we'll have that avail to watch soon!

I will upload several more pics tomorrow. Get your tickets now at www.thedarkness.com (http://www.thedarkness.com)

Larry

Greg Chrise
01-30-2013, 09:54 PM
It is getting very exciting! 2 links in one post!

drfrightner
02-01-2013, 12:09 AM
Several things today... things are getting much closer. I got a call from both Bo from Unit 70 and Ghost Ride and we are getting everything within 10 days. Then you'll really see some progress... the lighting will start in about 10 days as well. Then I'll start getting some full blown finished photos for ya. Our crypt is basically done! We have to do a few more thing and its finished... NO SCENE EVER has taken this long. Its UNREAL to look at folks... I can't take good photos of it right now but you'll see if when you come. Its simply amazing flat out... best thing we've ever built. Get your tickets now at www.thedarkness.com

drfrightner
02-01-2013, 12:14 AM
Couple MORE things... you won't see many more photos of this crypt you'll have to see it in person. It will include CGI FX, props, and more its hard to take pictures of because its very cramped. We spent about an hour trying to clean it so I'll get something later on this but trust me probably the coolest crypt ever built when its all done. Also another picture of the facade we are building to the Reaper Room as you can see getting closer it will be done tomorrow. The Reaper room is also getting closer hanging chandlers and mostly just waiting for the props from Unit 70.

I can tell you guys the best tour we are going to offer are the behind the scenes tours especially the one that is private... that one is already half sold out. There will be no better, cooler haunt tour than this one ... there just isn't no way! We have gone ALL OUT AGAIN!

Hopefully some of you got a flyer from us in the mail today... keep those flyers. Buy a ticket to the tour show us your tour ticket and the flyer and you can save 15% on the digital FX animations we are bring to the show this year, our new dvd's and much more!!! See you soon! www.TheDarkness.com

MDKing
02-01-2013, 07:33 AM
Larry

in the last photo did you make the Gothic arch or is that the one from Abracadaver?

thanks,
Allan

drfrightner
02-01-2013, 01:42 PM
Allen,

I bought those arches from Abracadaver ... originally we were going to sculpt everything but then I decided to get them from them.

I got them cheaper because I bought them unpainted... what we did and you'll see this when you come is sprayed them with concrete now they look REAL!

His stuff looks awesome and I would suggest to anyone to grab them! Awesome stuff. Just buy them unpainted and spray them with concrete and you'll get a totally different look when its all said and done. By using them we saved a ton of time!

We didn't use much vac form on this build out however what we did use we totally sprayed with concrete so when you touch it you think its real!

The picture you are seeing here shows one arch un-sprayed however its sprayed now will upload a new picture later today.

Larry

drfrightner
02-02-2013, 01:06 AM
Here are some more pictures as we start to actually put props into place. You see some CGI things turned on in the background but those FX aren't actually being used... they are more like placement for testing until we get all of our new stuff. We are more or less done with construction we are working on lighting and animations now. Next week we'll work on Terror Visions some and we'll be doing some gore stuff. Tickets at www.thedarkness.com

damon carson
02-02-2013, 11:21 AM
Kinda looks like its from a movie or something! Very Cool and Realistic!
Damon
www.frightmasters.weeblly.com

drfrightner
02-05-2013, 04:14 AM
Working on Terror Visions now... rather than breaking out the hard coating guns for one facade we decided to use a very hard coating kit which is painted on. We put the first coat on today... this will be a very large facade piece that goes in the Terror Visions que room. I have NOT talked much about Terror Visions so let me take a minute and explain what we are doing here.

Remember when you come to Darkness there is a 3D haunted house in addition to the two floors of The Darkness. Terror Visions 3D is an all blacklight haunted house. Last year we spent a lot of time and money on Terror Visions... this year we spent a lot less! However we are adding several things... for one we painted several of the floors with new concepts. We changed one hallway painted patterns on the walls and floor and added some cool mirrors. We also re-did the que line with an all new look as well. Gore Galore is making a custom puppet clown for us as well so that will go into the haunted house.

We also added one other thing but I can't tell you right now... that is a secret lets just say its a custom animation we built. But now we are winding down on The Darkness so Terror Visions is now getting all the love. I will start to post pictures of Terror Visions going forward until such time I can post all the props from Ghost Ride and Unit 70. Next week baby!!!! FYI... tickets for the private tour are about 70% sold out, behind the scenes tour tickets about the same. www.thedarkness.com

Rex W.
02-05-2013, 12:44 PM

Additionally I might have a VERY SECRET surprise for everyone very soon! I can't spill the beans yet but...

Larry

...are you selling it? :grin:

austind
02-05-2013, 02:08 PM
Larry who's hard coat were you using on the Terror Visions enterance?

Phatman

drfrightner
02-06-2013, 03:03 AM
A two part compound that you mix together and get hardens in about 5 minutes ... you have to work fast!!!

Its about $115.00 for a set which makes two gallons total. Larry

freak 'n' stein
02-06-2013, 10:20 AM
Larry who's hard coat were you using on the Terror Visions enterance?

Phatman

RESPONSE...

A two part compound that you mix together and get hardens in about 5 minutes ... you have to work fast!!!

Its about $115.00 for a set which makes two gallons total. Larry

:rolleyes: Lmaooooooooooooo!!!!

I suppose if you google "two+part+compound+mix+5+minute+set+$115+two+gallon s" you MAY find it?? Maybe add..."teal" to help narrow down your results!!! HAHAHAHA!!!

drfrightner
02-06-2013, 04:22 PM
McMaster Carr ... sorry! LOL

Gotta run Gore Galore is here in the house today!!! More on that later. Get tickets now www.thedarkness.com

austind
02-06-2013, 07:32 PM
Thanks Larry I think I will give it a try. Have you had good success with this product? I like how fast it works I am not very a person that likes waiting for stuff to dry.

Phatman

kpolley
02-06-2013, 09:34 PM
austind,

It's not actually hard coat material at all. It's a two part urethane made for casting. You can view the product here:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#liquid-urethane/=ldahuf

We used this material for a few things when I worked at a University in a former life. It's good stuff, but it's no different than the kinds of products that Smooth-On carries.

Good luck!

drfrightner
02-07-2013, 02:41 AM
Hey folks... few updates. Let me just say this is the project that never seems to end. OMG!

Today was a busy day didn't get home until about 3am. Got our first batch of props in today from Gore Galore. Going to post a couple pages of photos here... so look for a couple coming up.

Today Kevin showed up and he installed one of his puppets and let me say this might be one of the best products we've ever purchased. They are built to perfection and they are incredible... I was totally blown away! He also showed some of his new product line and you are seeing it here FIRST! Check it out!

As for the hard coat material... I have everything from a fiberglass gun, to a hard coat machine to you name it. The hard coat gun was broken... It is actually fixed but we had no time to pick it up. So we just coated it with a two part coating from McMaster Car. Its not anything close to the hard coating gun but in bind if you are way behind and you are willing to make it deal it will work... so that is what we did.

We have NOT started a booth for TW not even built one single thing for the show. We are still trying to finish this project on Darkness. Get your tickets now www.thedarkness.com

Larry

drfrightner
02-07-2013, 02:48 AM
Okay more pics... here is a picture of Kevin. He brought one of his crew great guys 110%. His new stuff is amazing.

Next week we are getting new stuff from Unit 70 and it will probably take us about one day to install everything. Once its installed we'll be about ready set go!

We'll be waiting on one more major animation from Distortions for the show Making Monsters.

I can only tell you guys I did what I said I would not do... I spent 300k on this renovation. I did it for our fans here in st. Louis to celebrate 20 years and I did it for the haunted house industry to show and offer the best educational experience of the year for YOU!

I can honestly say I'm not very found of operating haunts anymore but I really enjoy doing these rebuild for YOU HAUNTED HOUSE OWNERS! Thank you so so so so much... tickets orders are pouring in the last week and we really appreciate it. We are going to do our best to give the experience you want!

Its hard to please haunt owners but we are going to try out very best.

FYI... Gore Galore said he's going to have 10 to 15 large puppets in his parade of the dead. I can't wait!

Get your tickets now the behind the scenes tour is like 75% sold out now...

www.TheDarkness.com (http://www.TheDarkness.com)

Larry

PS: AND I AM NOT JUST SAYING THIS... but I'm so impressed with Gore Galore that I will now include them on my list to talk to about future custom projects. This guys are really amazing!

Gore Galore
02-07-2013, 07:04 AM
Thanks for having us Larry,
The funny thing is the metal arrived right after we got there to build the frame structure for Slither. So Larry's welder welded it on the spot. Worked great because it allowed us to build the framework to fit the install space. All they had to do was move one piece of decorate foam to get Slither totally operational. THis is going to blow people away. The level of detail in this scene is awesome, and then when they don't expect it Slither comes through a hole in the wall at them. BEAUTIFUL. It was so much fun pulling the cannibal kitchen stuff out of the box and showing it to Larry and his crew. NO ONE has seen any of this stuff before. AND I didn't tell Larry anything about it so it was a true surprise to them. Their eyes were like little kids on christmas morning. It was SOOOO much fun!

The images that Larry posted are mostly pieces from our new for 2013 "Cannibal Kitchen" scene package. These are never before seen pictures of these products, and others.

from the first set of images:
SLither Actormatronic
Honkers the brand new Actormatronic first built at Larry's request!
"leg of pam" a severed leg chopped on a chopping block.
"fried eggs and sam" is a small frying pan with 2 bloody fried eggs with the face of ham, I mean sam.
there is another one sitting there you can't quite see, but that is "Stue". It is a stew pot with a nasty severed head in it with all the stew fixins, and comes with the lid for display
That body is not part of the cannibal kitchen package but it is part of the NEW nasty "Female Cadaver Package". 5 nasty female cadavers hacked up and different disgusting ways. This one is gnarly natalie sliced vertically. The reason for the vertical slicing is to mount her on an actor door. It draws the eye of the patron and as they are looking at it, the actor bursts out of the door for a true adrenalin rush.
the rat head is the "RaBeast" actormatronic. WHat is funny is how small all these pieces look laying on the floor. I grant you they are NOT small.

"with a little cianti" from one of my all time favorite films Silence of the lambs. It is a large frying pan with sliced brain and fava beans. yummmmm! lol
"Chuck Roast" is a severed head with an apple in his mouth in a roasting pan, and comes with the lid for display purposes.
and the next one is the "Gore Grinder". It is a giant sculpted grinder with a half "shredded corpse" shoved into the grinder, and ground to lean perfection. It includes the corpse, the gore grinder, a heavy duty hand built table and a nasty washtub full of gore. LOVELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think the grinder is one of my favorite pieces of the year.

Thanks Again Larry, and I hope everyone loves everything you are doing this year.
ALL I can say is DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The level of detail is astounding. I am sorry, but the pictures just don't do it justice. It is a true work of art.

drfrightner
02-08-2013, 03:28 AM
Call this the Terror Visions update... okay for starters you see the new Terror Visions facade half painted. Its not done but it looks awesome to say the least. We also painted a new hallway and you can sorta see a pic here... we are also installing a puppet from Gore Galore but that hasn't been completed yet. We are basically working in Terror Visions now trying to complete stuff in there. Also we painted a lot more of the floors as you can also see here in this pics.

I strongly suggest you come to the behind the scenes tour... its about 80% sold out now. Get your tickets at www.thedarkness.com

drfrightner
02-08-2013, 03:33 AM
Here are a few more pictures... Once the Terror Visions facade is totally done I will upload photos of it! We will get Terror Visions totally done today!

I also wanted to say that next week we will be dubbing and shipping How to Detail Your Haunted House Part 4 and Ultimate Success DVD's you can order those at www.hauntedhousesupplies.com

We are also making a GORE VIDEO... how to do gore in your haunted house. We start filming that video TONIGHT! That one won't be ready until the show probably.

Monday we are going to start working on building our booth for Transworld. From there we will go fetch our props from Unit 70, we will install those, we will have a different crew do the lighting and the animations. Updates will keep coming in right up until the show itself. I really suggest you grab tickets to this event because like I said I've gone overboard here and I know you'll love the experience. www.TheDarkness.com

Larry

freak 'n' stein
02-08-2013, 07:01 PM
LKEvebuyeSs

drfrightner
02-09-2013, 01:45 AM
I love all you guys here... that is why I throw up this thread. I know most of you who see these threads don't come to the show but I really love sharing! I hope you all decide to come to the tour because its going to be well worth it! Here are more pics... we installed the new Gore Galore puppet as you can see, plus we continue to work on our new clown logo facade as seen here.

Lastly here is a picture of our new blood paint we are selling... you'll see it in action featured on our new GORE VIDEO which we started making TONIGHT! We worked until about midnight shooting gore stuff how to this and how to that... we are going to finish the gore video I hope Monday night then that will go to the editor.

I will tell you that how to detail your haunted house part 4 and ultimate success will be shipping end of next week. The how to gore video won't be avail until Transworld show. The blood paint is being used right now all over The Darkness.

We have the blood paint in stock as well everything is avail at www.hauntedhousesupplies.com

Get your tickets to the tour at www.thedarkness.com

drfrightner
02-09-2013, 01:49 AM
And yes MORE updates... I have a promo video part 2 for you! This video was actually filmed like a week ago so its already way behind the times. Since we made this video we have started to bring in dead bodies, gore the place up, we have been working on Terror Visions like crazy and much more. Next week we'll get all the new props from Unit 70 we'll install them and then we're off to the races.

What is left to do is lighting, sound, and hook up all animations and install props. Everyone is feeling better about everything because we are almost done.

ALERT: We got our vac form machine working today and we actually vac formed something. UNREAL to finally see it work.

Larry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dZ9HseGG1o&feature=youtu.be

drfrightner
02-10-2013, 09:56 PM
Okay who is ready to see some all new props from Unit 70? These are going in the new Darkness as well. I have about 8 more photos post more later today. Get your tickets now www.thedarkness.com

drfrightner
02-11-2013, 10:47 AM
Here are more pics of stuff Unit 70 is making for us. More later. We are picking up everything this week. Then we'll be able to install pictures of props installed. You should really come to the behind the scenes tour and its already about 75% sold out. Get them now www.thedarkness.com

damon carson
02-11-2013, 03:32 PM
I really like those reapers! Gothic I love gothic!
Damon

drfrightner
02-11-2013, 06:32 PM
Couple more pics... heading off to The Darkness to work on the Gore Video... the haunted mansion detail video is DONE! We are taking that to the duplication house this week!

Get your tickets to the tour today www.thedarkness.com

deathstaste
02-11-2013, 08:50 PM
Larry do I see a costume in one of the pics

drfrightner
02-12-2013, 04:35 AM
Here are pics of the new Terror Visions facade again but finished... we also painted the floor in this room. FYI... we are adding lots of things to Terror Visions in fact including that Gore Galore puppet already installed, new que line area already done, we re-painted several floors with new designs (DONE) plus we re-themed one entire section and lastly we added a secret animation... will discuss later.

On a side note... we finally vac formed a panel today that we'll bring to the tradeshow.

Larry

mindtumor
02-12-2013, 06:33 AM
Couple more pics... heading off to The Darkness to work on the Gore Video... the haunted mansion detail video is DONE! We are taking that to the duplication house this week!

Get your tickets to the tour today www.thedarkness.com

Wow, you had a Pyramid head prop made. That's cool. Silent Hill 2 had some neat imagery even if the story and acting lacked.

abracadaver
02-12-2013, 10:38 AM
Dam Larry, I wish I knew you were looking for silent hill stuff. I worked one the first one out here in CA.
I still have the molds. 152101521115212
The Nurses are also masks. The pyramid head is ridged foam and can be worn. The Janitor was a custom sculpt.
Let me know if you need more stuff.

Larry Carr
abracadaverprops@yahoo.com

drfrightner
02-13-2013, 12:43 AM
Things keep rolling around here... today we worked on the GORE video we are making. We are doing all sorts of food on the gore video along with all sorts of cool stuff like taking old props making them new again. We are making these videos in stages as we complete the haunt itself... we are down to gore now or props or lighting cob webs whatever... so that is where we are. So here some pics of some really nasty gory stuff... what do you think.

FYI... the private tour event has about 40 tickets left. So make sure you get one today if you want to attend that event ... tickets can be found at www.thedarkness.com

I will release some photos of our CGI ANIMATIONS FX soon!

drfrightner
02-13-2013, 01:24 PM
Big day today... we are getting everything in today from Ghost Ride and Unit 70. Will have tons of photos for you all. Also we are finishing our how to gore video... see the pics I've uploaded. We took old busted up worthless and I mean totally worthless props and made them look better than new. The how to gore video will be done filming today and tomorrow we'll be installing props ALL DAY LONG!

The Ultimate Success DVD and the How to Detail Haunt Video will be ready to ship Monday!!! So if you want them go to www.hauntedhousesupplies.com

Get tickets to the tour now at www.thedarkness.com

damon carson
02-13-2013, 01:48 PM
I like that! I have to do that day in day out just to do a haunt. LOL! John is the gore master! He does some awesome stuff! Definately worth seeing. I might have to get his new video now! These pics are great!
Damon

drfrightner
02-14-2013, 04:02 AM
Hey Folks ... got all of our Unit 70 and Ghost Ride stuff all in the same day. I'm going to keep the update SHORT... I'm worn out its 5am. I was hauling stuff up stairs for 8 straight hours. Will get down to the haunt today and really work on getting the props in place and getting some cool pictures. In the meantime here is something for you to look at. Remember the behind the scenes tour tickets are about 75% sold out... this is the best way to see the Darkness. The detail is just so wild at this point I can't even tell you ... get tickets today www.thedarkness.com

PS: We finished our GORE VIDEO shooting today. That video is NOW being edited. The other two new DVD's are done and heading to duplication will ship next week! www.hauntedhousesupplies.com

drfrightner
02-14-2013, 12:03 PM
Here some more pics... get your tickets now while you still can! LOL www.thedarkness.com

drfrightner
02-15-2013, 11:08 AM
I'm here to tell you right now... this new animation from Unit 70 "DemonZilla" is awesome. We had to take it apart to get it in the haunt itself and it took an entire day to install it but its well worth it. Get your tickets now at www.thedarkness.com

Larry

drfrightner
02-21-2013, 12:40 AM
Spent the day at Darkness... what did I do today. For starters we are going to build a haunt for a client in Russia and spent the whole day with them. Then I stayed at Darkness for another 8 hours directed on our booth, and made another list for Darkness. I took some more pics for you... we are adding more stuff and working on lighting. Now we are concerned with sound.

You think you've knocked everything out and then boom you get another 100 page list... its never done!

Today we are suppose to have our actors meeting and that got cancelled because of snow!

Get your tickets at www.thedarkness.com

Larry

drfrightner
02-21-2013, 12:52 AM
Here are a few more pics I took today. Larry www.thedarkness.com

drfrightner
02-21-2013, 02:29 PM
Another update... talked to the people from Making Monsters. They will be filming at Darkness on the 5th for the install then again on Saturday night during the tour. They will be filming the entire event for the show. They will be interviewing people about the tour, about Distortions, about their new product line, etc.

Jared I'm not sure I understand your question. What is it exactly.

See you there... www.thedarkness.com

(http://www.thedarkness.com)

mindtumor
02-21-2013, 04:52 PM
Ok, sorry I should have asked that differently, maybe you didn't see my question to you on the other thread. I was wondering how many of your regular season actors come back to help you with the Transworld event VS how many actors you have to recruit? Is it a lot of your regulars? If not, why do you think they don't come out in the off season to help? I'm curious because I have regular actors each season but I can't ever get them to come up in the off season.

Darkangel
02-21-2013, 05:03 PM
Jared,

I know your question is for Larry but I think that many actors aren't really that passionate about scaring but they are there for a job and a paycheck. Only the die hards who really enjoy it would be interested in scaring in the off season.

IMO

DA

mindtumor
02-21-2013, 05:10 PM
Probably, I would have found being in there in the off season helping much more interesting than scaring people during the season. But I don't like to act and I wouldn't want to do it at a haunt even if I were getting paid. People find different things fun though I guess.

drfrightner
02-23-2013, 02:33 AM
I guess I lied about not uploading any more photos... so here are more! The place is starting to look really cool! We might not install all of our new animations because we are just running out of time. The animated mosquito probably isn't going to make it, the giant rat from gore galore, this evil zombie animation from unit 70... just ran out of time. We have everyone back on the darkness today... lighting is almost done hopefully will be done today. We are working on animations and cob webs today. I don't know if we'll have the time to cob web up the whole place... just running out of time. We could use probably another two weeks to get ready. Our actor meeting we had planned got cancelled because of snow... so now we are in real trouble there. Hoping to get everyone together next week. Stay tuned. www.thedarkness.com for tickets.

Larry

wickedfarmer
02-23-2013, 06:57 AM
Seeing these pics were posted around 5:20 am (if the "Posted 3 hrs ago" is correct) you are probably darn close to being a zombie yourself and mind overwhelmed with over 300 tasks to finish in the next few days. Therefore since I am here liesurely sipping coffee I will toss in a few comments from other side of the fence. I am not going to The Darkness this year; I did last year. I am sure everyone who has been there knows you can blow people away with your eye to detail and scene setting. Pardon the pun but I will shoot in the darkness here:

I am guessing 90%+ that will be there have seen The Darkness cobwebbed and done up with lighting effects to the tune of magnificent! If you haven't people...pick up one (or a dozen)of Larry's DVD's at the show or order now BEFORE the show. The scene setting they do kicks butt. What I am saying is everyone knows you ROCK on scene setting and IT IS YOUR PASSION! If you saw the Super Bowl ad by Dodge trucks with Paul Harvey reading in the background "So God made a farmer..." you might have caught the line about a farmers work schedule. Something like "...during planting season finishes his 40 hour week by tuesday noon..." Well I've been there - done that, as a farmer during planting season & fall harvest/haunt season. A zombie on cruise control on a tractor just getting it done. Afraid you might be same thing right now. Zombie checking off a list all he can before being swamped with people.

Shooting in the dark more...guessing when you go on cruise control you gravitate to what makes you tick...putting on the best damn scenery you possibly can. But I am willing to bet those coming would really like to see that mosquito in operation and Unit 70 is not at show so their prop would be of importance to those attending as well as Gore Galore stuff. Cob web away in part of it...and get lighting at that 110% of perfect in some areas. But IF...IF... time permits...cater to the customer...step away from the cob web gun and put a few more animations in EVEN if they are just operating in a front room functioning and not totally incorporated into a scene. WE KNOW THE DARKNESS KICKS ASS ON SCENERY.

And I'm not even going to make it Sat. night...

Wicked Farmer

drfrightner
02-23-2013, 02:19 PM
Couple more photos. Get your tickets now at www.thedarkness.com

drfrightner
02-24-2013, 04:01 PM
If anyone has actors that you are bringing to the show have them contact us ... we are looking to hire some industry actors. We would like to add as many industry actors as we can... you can reach me at darkrides@sbcglobal.net

We have spent a long time working on the haunt itself so we'd like to stay with veteran type actors as much as possible... we have very little time for training or anything like that. So if you have some people let me know.

We are still working on the haunt itself all week long... still not done! Getting closer.

Get your tickets at www.thedarkness.com

Larry

drfrightner
02-25-2013, 02:17 PM
Last chance to get tickets ... get them now at www.thedarkness.com

We will feature several of our Digital FX in the haunt btw... here are a few we'll feature!

See you soon!

Larry

graystone
02-25-2013, 08:50 PM
Everything looks great! Shane and it's you have did a great job!

drfrightner
02-26-2013, 01:19 AM
We are trying our best working on lighting and sound. That is all we are trying to do now... I don't think we can get anything perfect at this point because we have to spend time on our booth but things are looking up! I think anyone who comes will be very very excited to see all the new scenes, animations and more. One of the coolest things we got working today was DEMONZILLA... its awesome! Get your tickets now at www.thedarkness.com (http://www.thedarkness.com)

PS: Thanks Shane!!! Now go get a ticket!

mindtumor
02-26-2013, 08:38 AM
I'm guessing that question just isn't going to get answered. Not sure what I expected anyway, or maybe that is about what I expected.

Jolly Pumpkin
02-26-2013, 11:06 AM
How many of your regular season actors come back to help you with the Transworld event vs how many actors you have to recruit? Is it a lot of your regulars? If not, why do you think they don't come out in the off season to help?

drfrightner
02-26-2013, 12:30 PM
Here are a few more pictures... will send more after tonight. Couple things ... yes we get a lot of actors who want to work but we put very little effort into asking to do so! The reason is we want the people who really want to be there people who just want to be around the haunted house ... last night we had our actors meeting it was delayed several times because of the snow. We had about 45 to 50 people show up. These people got tours of the haunt, and they are all very excited about being there... we have actors from all three of our haunts working plus I think about 10 industry actors will show which should put us around 60 actors. On the busiest nights at Darkness we'd have 70 to 80 actors. This will not be needed for 700 or 800 people. We won't be doing much of any make up like we would in the regular season because I learned the hard way on that one... if we are at the tradeshow until the very last minute we don't have time to do make up. At the Darkness I have over 120 high end masks so we'll mostly use those so we can open ON TIME! LOL

Jared I don't know what your question was... I hope you understand I'm at the Darkness until the early mourning hours then come home and spend an hour posting photos and making posts I'm not catching all this stuff. Larry www.thedarkness.com

austind
02-26-2013, 12:55 PM
Larry sleep is over rated, you must sleep in short burst because I see post from 3AM and then again at 9 AM. It must be tough doing this in the off season. How many changes do you make after TW, or are most done before so that you don't much to do once you get past TW. I have never been during during the halloween season so I just see it at TW. I am surprised that you only do 900 people for your live show when I hear numbers like 6,000 TW attendees. Do you get many locals that come during TW or do you just offer it to attendees. I have noticed on some of the haunt tours that the amount of actors is light at a lot of haunts due to it being the off season and usually the middle of the week, but they tend to be the better actors at that haunt. Keep the pictures coming they look great.

Phatman

Speculo
02-27-2013, 07:19 AM
Eager to see all the changes in person!

austind
02-27-2013, 09:27 AM
I am too Ben, have you started yet? Also do you have any dates you will be open in the off season? Would like to see your show in person too.

Phatman

drfrightner
02-28-2013, 02:45 AM
I spent the entire day in the hospital folks... turned out I had sever back spasms and I couldn't hardly breath or walk. I had to get medicine IV's you name it... I though my haunt show was over! Now I'm back home and feeling somewhat better. I didn't make it to the haunt at all but everyone was there working. I'm hoping those guys got everything done... they have been doing awesome.

I found out today that the site is showing some of the tickets being sold out when they shouldn't be... I'm looking into this check back today for the private tour tx. There should be like 20 left.

The early show is also sold out on Saturday. I'm checking on everything today so if there is something you wanted check later today.

Lastly all of our how to dvd's for this year are DONE and ready to ship out. We are bringing to the haunt show and shipping at the same time.

www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com

Larry

drfrightner
03-01-2013, 01:39 AM
The private tour was supposed to be limited to 125 people instead it was limited to 100... we fixed that. So there are exactly 25 tickets left. We added them today. Another part of Thursday behind the scenes tour was sold out we fixed that as well. There are only a handful of those left as well. We don't want the place to be over crowded we learned that from the first year. So if you want tickets get them today!!!

www.thedarkness.com

This is not some money making venture here... we have all the times limited for a reason because we want your experience to be a happy one!

So there are NOT many left and we are not adding more... so get them quickly if you want to come!

Today our staff worked in the haunted house all day long working on little things trying to get them all ready for the tour.

Larry

drfrightner
03-02-2013, 12:41 PM
Finally started adding some of our very own Digital FX to the Darkness today. Putting the final touches on everything and we should be ready for you next week!!! Get your tickets now www.thedarkness.com

drfrightner
03-03-2013, 09:21 PM
This clown CGI ANIMATION will be installed in Terror VIsions today... just another upgrade to The Darkness. Get your tickets today at www.thedarkness.com

drfrightner
03-04-2013, 12:02 AM
As the show nears... wanted to say thank you to everyone who supported this once again! This is our 5th time out and I think we've topped all other years by a mile! The new darkness is with no doubt the best our haunt has ever looked... we worked on making the actors better scare spots, to the detail which is simply amazing. We found the best crew money could buy... we owe them everything on this one. Many long nights this time around and everyone was totally dedicated.

I hope you like what we've done because I'm pretty proud of it... I'm sure we'll find some bugs, some things not yet 110% like we always do but we are very excited. We did not get to install everything we wanted ... there are three animations that didn't get installed just ran out of time.

If you come to our private tour we'll fire them off for everyone. Anyway again thanks a ton and once again I want to say this in total honestly this is the best crew I've ever had PERIOD over 20 years of doing this and it shows!!!

I'm pretty lucky to find all these guys and they will all be on hand for the tour! There are a few days left to get your tickets at www.thedarkness.com

Hope to see you there!

Larry

drfrightner
03-05-2013, 02:06 AM
Couple notes... yesterday we sold more tickets than any day yet! Thanks! On another note we are getting really close to getting things done and bam i walk through and make a list that is about 100 things to do long. So we keep working! Larry

drfrightner
03-05-2013, 11:57 AM
Here are some more pictures... this year we really focused on lighting. Everything looks pretty cool... came up with a 100 point list so we really have to get cracking! You can still get tickets... www.thedarkness.com

knettles
03-05-2013, 06:23 PM
Thanks for all the long hours and hard work Larry! The place looks great! Can't wait to see it...

drfrightner
03-05-2013, 11:14 PM
Today was interesting day... was over at the tradeshow floor and we finished out booth then Distortions came by Darkness and we had a wild time trying to load out of their truck two monsters. But the Darkness Monster that will be on the show Making Monsters is now in the building not installed but in the building. Making Monsters will film at Darkness on Saturday.

You can still get tickets www.thedarkness.com

Larry

drfrightner
03-07-2013, 03:17 AM
Spent the entire day filming with Making Monsters, then went to our booth worked on that then worked on Darkness until 4AM with a couple guys from the show... thanks for helping. Fact is the haunt still isn't done even though I stayed there all night long. I'm still up at 4:17am... Can't even go to bed until I finish getting a seminar outline together. We build a make shift scene in front of the new props from Distortions in about one hour... I said to everyone I'm going to get this done in one hour had a little help and boom done in one hour. Its not the greatest but its all we could do ... LOL. Love the new monster from Distortions its very cool! The Darkness is looking good but still lots of work to do! You can still get tickets www.thedarkness.com (http://www.thedarkness.com)

remyghost
03-07-2013, 08:55 AM
Can't wait to check it out again this weekend. Looks great.

drfrightner
03-07-2013, 09:17 AM
Thanks... I'm still at home even though the show is going on. I can't get black paint off my hands, I only got two hours sleep and all I've been doing since I woke up is working more on Darkness. I have 5 more guys coming down today to work ALL DAY LONG TO FIX THESE ISSUES!

Listen I CARE OKAY I REALLY DO... I expect perfection even though its not possible. I always do and I care if I take 50 cents of your money or 50 bucks I want to do my very best always!

I will keep spending money to fix these issues we are still having up until the last minute. Again because I want you guys to really enjoy your experience, I want you to learn something, and feel it was worth the investment. This is the best work we've ever done period... I appreciate everyones support. It means a lot so I'll skip the whole entire show if I have to!

Larry

drfrightner
03-10-2013, 07:36 AM

drfrightner
03-10-2013, 07:43 AM
Hey Folks... I will upload more pics of the event last night later. Gotta head out to the show. It was a HUGE success we actually had our biggest year to date with the exception of the very first year. I wanted to truly thank some people...

ONE... the entire haunted house industry! If you went to our tour or NOT doesn't matter to me really, I just wanted to thank you for making the show great! A huge thanks to the people who supported our tour AGAIN... and this time around I've decided to do it again next year. Why? Only because of the response we got from people and because its fun to me to work on the haunt. I had a great time this year probably the best time I've had of any of the five years we did this tour. So I look forward now to doing it again... it keeps my brain thinking! LOL

I wanted to thank all the actors who showed up last night and supported us and did an amazing job... thanks!

It was a long night... again thank you very much. Lastly I wanted to thank Distortions for showing up and talking to everyone who came and for filming the show there. They interviewed TONS of haunt owners... that was fun!

And mostly want to thank Gore Galore... see attached picture. They did an amazing job and their parade they put on was something to see it OPENED MY EYES to endless possibility. Their parade might have been the highlight of the night! THANK YOU!

Larry

Gore Galore
03-12-2013, 04:04 AM
Larry,
All I can say is thank you.
It was an honor to get to work with you on some Darkness products and to create the Monster Parade for your event.

I don't know if this video will post since it is on facebook but I will try.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152642315425006&set=o.99809088969&type=2&theater

remyghost
03-13-2013, 01:06 PM
Larry, thanks so much for showing off the Darkness again. We had a really great time. There was a static clown figure that scared the crap out of me. I completely thought it was a real person, and I crept towards it and around it just waiting for it to move. It was a great static prop.

Also, Gore Galore working the line was awesome. I smiled like a little kid watching the Macy's parade. Good times.

Gore Galore
03-15-2013, 08:08 AM
Alrighty, Here is another video of the MOnster Parade at the Darkness haunt tour. We hope you enjoyed because it was a blast to produce and my actors had alot of fun too, despite the heavy wind at times.

GE4k8cCoIH0

Darkangel
03-15-2013, 08:33 AM
Was it a parade or just all the cool GG costumed characters walking around and/or dancing?

DA

Gore Galore
03-15-2013, 10:49 AM
DA,
Well we didn't just wank around. We would start a song and come out from a hidden location, stand in front of the crowd and perform for usually 2 songs and then return to the hidden location. We did this 3 separate times.
If we are talking semantics then I guess you wouldn't really call it a parade since the street dead ends;) But it certainly would be considered Queue-line entertainment. And we did work to draw the crowd in and get them to dance with the monsters.

austind
03-15-2013, 11:19 AM
Kevin do you mean you didn't have parade floats, marching bands, and giant balloons? Your costumes look great even if its was not a parade, I still bought four of them this year. DA here is a link just in cast you don't understand what semantics means.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semantics

Phatman

drfrightner
03-15-2013, 11:26 AM
You guys missed it ... the video Kevin put up here doesn't do the event justice. I think our video will be much better coming soon!

Either way you can't feel the excitement of what happened... everyone loved it! People where dancing with these costume monsters, taking pictures it was simply incredible. I had people coming up to me the following day saying... 'I was on the fence with those things now I bought 5 of them...'

It was very very exciting to watch. I was out there taking pictures, I had a camera man doing video I'm here to tell you it was a ton of fun!

The Darkness haunt tour can't just be about seeing incredible scenes, or new animations so this year we tried to add to the experience... we had zombies sweeping the floors (cleaning) it was funny, we had all these costumes running around, we had our band singing songs, we just went over the top I think. It was a ton of fun... you should have been there. Oh yeah and we had Distortions out there with a camera crew filming and doing interviews up and down the line. The Travel Channel guys filmed for hours they were on cloud nine... they never had so many people there at one time for an episode.

Larry

austind
03-15-2013, 11:37 AM
Larry keep doing doing the Darkness tours, a few people will always complain. They did this last year too, it's not like you are forcing thousands of people to buy your ticket. You will know when to stop when the attendance starts dropping off. I don't see that happening soon.

Phatman

Gore Galore
03-15-2013, 01:23 PM
I had a couple of the giants photo bomb the film crew while they were conducting an interview with a couple customers. The customers didn't know we were there so it was rather funny. A giant costume just standing in the background looking around. And acting like it was thinking about attacking the customers. I talked to the producer and she said it was a great organic moment so they filmed it without hesitation. Fun night to say the least.
The little person running around the giants singing safety dance was a hoot for me too.

drfrightner
03-20-2013, 02:27 PM

Already updated our tour facebook page for next year!!! Thanks again for everything!!!

http://www.facebook.com/TransworldHauntedHouseHalloweenTradeshowTours

drfrightner
03-22-2013, 10:36 AM
I have a video on the tour coming soon like today probably... there will be two videos one for Terror Visions and one for The Darkness. Stay tuned!

Larry

drfrightner
03-24-2013, 04:50 PM
Went to this comic con here in St. Louis got a booth to promote the haunted house... we mainly tried to recruit actors and got about 100 applications from people who liked to dress up. We also promoted the haunt took hundreds and hundreds of photos with people fun times.

We will also have our first tour video for you within the next day or so!

Larry

austind
03-24-2013, 04:55 PM
I love that recruiting idea, as usual I going to steal it. Thanks Larry. Even if you don't buy a booth you could still hand out cards to thos that look like potential actors. Once again Larry for the idea.

drfrightner
03-26-2013, 09:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8izXmM3Zso

Deathwing
03-27-2013, 07:51 AM
Nice video Larry.

Btw Hetrick's name was misspelled

drfrightner
03-28-2013, 11:49 PM
Thanks! Larry

drfrightner
04-05-2013, 12:36 AM
Already updating my website ... check out this bad ass header we made for the website (www.scarefest.com) I will start to upload some photos of the renovation of Creepyworld as well. We are building all new sets and one totally brand new haunted house which should be totally awesome!

drfrightner
04-12-2013, 10:22 AM
I will start uploading some photos from Creepy next week. Here is another image I had made for Darkness 20 years. I'm posting it because you guys should get these square type images made they are great for your blogs, facebook, etc.

Larry

drfrightner
04-18-2013, 10:03 PM
We are already promoting 2013 on all of marketing all the way up to the first day... I think this year will be all about getting the season started right. Check these out!

What do you think?

Larry

drfrightner
04-18-2013, 10:23 PM
Here are photos from the event itself... Saturday night with live actors. Several more photos coming. Again we wanted to thank EVERYONE who attended. We have already committed to doing it again for just Darkness. We already have massive plans for another renovation... you know I just had way to much fun doing it this past year not to do it again. I might also have a massive surprise for everyone as well. Won't know until September.

Enjoy the photos!

Larry

drfrightner
04-18-2013, 10:33 PM
Here are a few more... I can assure you that next year will the best EVER!

I'm already excited about it!

Larry

drfrightner
04-24-2013, 04:56 PM
As stated I would keep this thread going with new content... here are photos of props being made for the all new Creepyworld. We are building an all new haunted house there called EVIL DREAD! LOL

What do you think of the new monsters?

I will also have a video coming up for you of the all new Terror Visions. Saw a rough cut of that today.

Larry

damon carson
04-25-2013, 04:17 PM
Im still laughing where you ever got that! LOL! It will be cool if its themed like that. Cant wait!
Damon

Darksidestew
04-25-2013, 04:40 PM
UNIT70

Stew

drfrightner
05-01-2013, 10:15 PM
More updates from Creepyworld renovation... we are building several new attraction out there. We are actually about to wrap it up for a couple months to build some attractions for clients. More pictures comings soon! Larry

drfrightner
05-04-2013, 03:00 AM
Couple more attractions we are building for Creepyworld. Btw... we are about to cut off working there in about a week. Once its all painted I'll shoot you some more pictures. We are about to start building three haunted house for some clients overseas.

Larry

drfrightner
05-30-2013, 01:16 PM
I wanted to let everyone know that I had so much fun doing the tour last year and the renovations themselves that I've already started planning the next one... I'm going to spend more time downstairs building out gothic style sets and we are going to build one amazing scene that will blow your mind. I already hired Bo from Unit 70 to build the main animation... its top secret can't say a word until after this Halloween season but trust me it will be awesome.

Additionally I'm going to be posting on here things 4 sale...

I already know I'm getting rid of them so they are for sale... I will have some big animations on the block! The scenes they are housed in are going to be torn out and with them the animations. This will be a massive renovation so if anyone wants first dibs on giant animations and props let me know.

I'm about to do some drawings of the new sets, and the old sets will be for sale. I'm also removing my mirror maze and that will be up for sale... the mirror maze must come out to give me room for new sets i'm building up stairs. I also promise to do something really cool with Terror Visions...

So hit me up!

Larry

damon carson
05-31-2013, 01:22 PM
Just wondering when you are planning to take out the mirror maze. Will it be replaced for the 2013 Halloween Season?
Thanks
Damon

drfrightner
06-01-2013, 06:11 PM
We will be removing EVERYTHING we are selling within the first 10 days after Halloween is over. Larry

drfrightner
06-06-2013, 04:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaYnN_KVNv4

Here is a video on Terror Visions from the Transworld Haunt Tour!

drfrightner
06-11-2013, 10:56 AM
As promised I would continue to use this page for educational purposes ... this is an important note we are releasing all of our opening dates now. Check out how we let that be known... making a very nice looking calendar graphics and all. We try to do everything very very professional looking. Now we'll start updating our website with all the news!

This probably warrants some discussion but we are opening less days than ever before for many different reasons...

Cost of labor is our highest cost now, and secondly because we are hoping to get more people to attend the days we are open. We'll see if that backfires.

Larry

drfrightner
07-05-2013, 04:02 PM
Believe it or not... I placed orders today for new props and animations for the 2014 Darkness Haunted House Tour. I'm thinking that far out... I'm going to replace three rooms on the bottom floor, two on the main floor and one in Terror Visions. The rooms we are doing however are MAJOR LEAGUE STUFF... one scene will be very hard something we've never done before.

We will also make several add on type things here and there...

So its on like Donkey Kong now... new animations and props are ordered!

We'll start work the DAY we close!

I will have a list of everything we are selling... I know now some things already such as an Impailer, and whole entire sets.

If anyone is interested let me know.

Lastly I'm buying a new building and building an all new haunted house... its POSSIBLE this may open for the Transworld show but I'm not 110% yet. We'll see...

Thanks
Larry

damon carson
07-06-2013, 11:26 AM
It all sounds very great! Im very interested in your new building and haunt. Sounds Awesome!
Damon

Raycliff Manor
07-06-2013, 12:33 PM
Hey there Larry, I just sent you an email...

drfrightner
07-08-2013, 03:36 PM
Can you send it again I had some problems with my email ... I can't wait to see what you guys do over there. Larry

Raycliff Manor
07-08-2013, 06:14 PM
I just re-sent it Larry. I used the darkrides(at)sbcglobal.net email address. Is that still a good email addy? Thanks!

Kelly

drfrightner
08-10-2013, 11:02 PM
Finally working on Creepyworld building a farm attraction ... I'll start posting more as we get closer and closer. Larry

drfrightner
08-13-2013, 06:26 PM
Got some new images for on going updates to our website. Here are the four new haunted houses we'll feature at Creepyworld this year. And a revamped updated logo for Terror Visions. I'll have more photos of Creepyworld tomorrow night...

Larry

damon carson
08-15-2013, 12:35 PM
That really looks good guys! Reminds me kinda of the old Tombstone Haunted Ghost Town attraction. I liked that a lot before you turned it into a hayride and and the paintball.
Damon

drfrightner
08-24-2013, 01:09 PM
Creepyworld Pictures coming right at ya... more to come soon. Creepyworld is getting closer to being done with the construction part and detail phase. Today we are actually at Lemp working on that place... Creepyworld is way longer this year. Its looking better than ever!

Larry

drfrightner
08-24-2013, 01:15 PM
More pics16954169551695616957

drfrightner
09-02-2013, 01:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Agi3jgc3tro&feature=youtu.be

Our TV Commercial

drfrightner
09-02-2013, 05:39 PM
A new monster from Unit 70 for Creepyworld... check it out. Larry

drfrightner
09-03-2013, 09:13 PM
These are daylight pictures but you can see some progress... this new Evil Dread haunted house we are building is turning out to be the bomb!!! Larry

drfrightner
09-03-2013, 09:23 PM
Here are more... again daylight pics

drfrightner
09-05-2013, 11:20 PM
more pictures of creepyworld progress

poison
09-06-2013, 02:35 AM
Great sets! Great props! Really looks fun!
But how do you keep all the props that are outside from getting beat up by the weather?????

drfrightner
09-06-2013, 01:41 PM
As for the props in the weather... good question. You can't really. We put the props out at the last minute you know like a few weeks prior to the season starting. Maybe of the big animations are covered with tarps but the rest gets rained on. When the props see some wear and tear what we do is apply latex and we repaint them. This year we bought about 20 gallons of latex, painted them up with latex then painted them again. Yes they do take some abuse but that is part of the game with this type of haunted house. What can you do?

Animations get covered up and their control boxes are in rain proof boxes.

Larry

drfrightner
09-06-2013, 10:46 PM
Here are some more pictures... Creepyworld is include this year and its so so so long I can't even tell you! Larry

poison
09-07-2013, 02:36 AM
I really dig all the new unit 70 stuff for your haunt.
You guys have done such a great job with the set and details.
I hope you post a video of this tour.

drfrightner
09-14-2013, 03:45 AM
Pictures from Creepyworld Tonight. Hey I'll keep uploading photos until we get to about the middle of the season. Very soon going to start a new thread for Darkness 2014 Transworld Haunt Tour... we are already working on it believe it or not. Hope everyone's season goes well. Larry1708317084170851708617087

drfrightner
09-21-2013, 04:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ey62GkO0GwU&feature=c4-overview&list=UUrLXdzBZgiyGZQut62AJQpg

Butch Gresham
09-22-2013, 06:47 PM
All my life I have loved horror movies and haunted houses ,and also Halloween. I have always enjoyed going to haunted houses and getting dressed up for Halloween when I was a kid. I'm a big believer in having a hobby that you love doing. For the longest time I have wanted to put together a a haunted house for everyone in my community. Im trying to find people that would be willing to back my project on opening up Flour Bluffs first haunted house for the community. The link is at the bottum of the page so you can look at the project. I also plan on having canned food drives and raising money for the local laguna little league baseball with some of the money that I raise at the haunted house.I have been in contact with a owner of a haunted house that is looking into selling his two haunted house and all his props. I have the location for the haunted house I just need the supplies for run the haunted house. I plan on opening the haunted house to the community on October 18th,19th, 20th,25th,26th,27th,28th,29th,30th,31th, and the 1st of November. We will be open from 7pm to 12pm every night. If you have any questions feel free to contact me and I will be willing to answer anything you need to know.

The Devil's Playground Haunted House by Norman Gresham http://kck.st/1aoyOTs via @kickstarter

drfrightner
09-30-2013, 01:55 AM
More pics from Creepyworld. www.scarefest.com

Larry

drfrightner
10-02-2013, 01:16 AM
Some Lemp photos... I've been taking photos for the last few days. Will post some more cool Creepyworld photos very soon!

drfrightner
10-05-2013, 12:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LGmg05GgO4&feature=share&list=UUrLXdzBZgi yGZQut62AJQpg

drfrightner
10-11-2013, 12:14 PM
I bought a GOPRO and made a video out of it... check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLGTTnAlHSc&feature=c4-overview&list=UUrLXdzBZgiyGZQut62AJQpg

MovieRelics
10-11-2013, 01:08 PM
Nice video Larry

drfrightner
10-17-2013, 11:58 PM
I got a new camera and tonight spent the night taking photos... 1724217243172441724517246

drfrightner
10-18-2013, 12:01 AM
Here are some more...

drfrightner
10-18-2013, 12:10 AM

drfrightner
10-18-2013, 12:35 AM
And a few more... this new camera I got is well worth the 2k I paid for it. It can take low level photos without a tripod. Its really bad ass... I'm also using a fish eye lens. I can even snap people getting scared if I wanted to fish around through the haunt all night... I would suggest everyone get a really nice camera to make your haunt look awesome. Larry

hauntedjack
10-18-2013, 11:37 AM
So what kind of camera did you get? I am in the market for one now. I have used a friends Nikon D300 and liked it a lot!

drfrightner
10-20-2013, 12:51 PM
Canon EOS 70D plus I bought a fish eye lens

The Darkness on Making Monsters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51KuEi78nd4

drfrightner
10-22-2013, 02:54 AM
another go pro video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbddYUtPO70&list=UUrLXdzBZgiyGZQut62AJQpg

drfrightner
10-26-2013, 02:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0MDuo-GChU