PDA

View Full Version : Haunt Redesign

Dr. Haunt Chamber of Fear
05-21-2007, 08:43 PM
This will be our 5th year running Dr. Haunt's Chamber of Fear and each year we have redesigned 100%. But when we go check out other haunts in DFW we notice that mot people only change a few rooms.

Are we going way overboard each year? How much of a redesign does everyone else do each year?

Thanks,
Kim

05-21-2007, 09:49 PM
Most of the haunts around here do the same thing. They either change a couple rooms, or leave it the same every year.

We do the same as you. We redesign our entire haunt every year. Yes, it's a lot of work. But, your customers will get a completely new show every year. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
Deadly Intentions Haunted House
www.deadlyintentionshaunt.com

MMManiac
05-22-2007, 08:39 AM
we complelty tear ours down and redesign it differently each year. I think thats why people always come back year after year. They know its something different.

Sean

Jim Warfield
05-22-2007, 06:56 PM
I was thinking of filling my concrete tunnel with water and make people rent scuba suits to leave the house! Whata change!
I continously "Tweek" my house adding new little things, mostlly. The room may look the same but more things will be happening in that room and this catches alot of people off guard, startling and scaring people who have been here before infront of their friends who are first-timers here, lots of FUN!

SpFXChic
05-22-2007, 09:48 PM
We change 100% every year. Sometimes we'll have a room with walls similar to panels we used the year before (repurposing a nice paint job), but the haunt always has a different layout and different scares. I recall one year when we were left in a time crunch that we used the previous years floorplan, however, all the rooms were still 100% different, and we entered them through the previous years exit - nobody noticed the difference.

It definitely keeps them coming back - they feel like they're getting their money's worth with a brand new show.

Raycliff Manor
05-23-2007, 08:50 AM
I would estimate that our attraction will be approximately 40% redesigned. We're going to have 5 completely revised rooms and we're making enhancements and changes to most of the other rooms. We're trying to change up as much as possible though.

Kel

Jim Warfield
05-24-2007, 01:44 AM
Redesign? No. Refinement.
I have been putting alot of concentrated effort into an item here at The Ravens Grin Inn and so far over these last few weeks people have really liked it alot!
It is such an improvement that I forsee it possibly changing the number of customers coming here in a definately upward direction.
Great, vocal, positive reactions fostering a new desire to return for more, it's the new, faster, smoother much improved Ravens Grin Inn, not sold in stores!