PDA

View Full Version : HauntWorld Haunt Finder ... Please Read

drfrightner
05-24-2007, 06:20 AM
I wanted to apologize to everyone who has either tried to create a new account, modify an old one, or if you've bought a featured banner or listing and its not appeared as of yet.

Let me explain...

You may have noticed the site was off line last week. I've run into a few problems with the site. First off when I moved to new servers we had an old version of Cold Fusion installed on the server which created a lot of errors. I'm trying now to update the program to version 7.2 so the site runs properly.

Secondly, when the site was created the backend of the site never really worked correctly and created so many errors it wasn't funny. I hired a new company to totally rebuild the back end of the site, so I could manage and control the site better, faster, and access information to help you.

This has cost me dearly... I'm spending about $6,000.00 for everything to be fixed CORRECTLY and the good news is it will be done next week. In addition to the backend rebuild, the site will have new functions and features that work. Also the site is being changed so google and yahoo can inded the site better with search engines. Each page on the site will now create unique title tags for search engines.

So again I'm very sorry about this and wanted to let as many people as possible know about the problem so people know... been getting lots of emails.

So hopefully by next week, we'll need those banners from those who bought them, we'll get those featured listings updated and lastly those who do not have accounts can start creating them once again.

Thanks once again!

Larry Kirchner

Mr. Haunt
05-24-2007, 12:19 PM
Larry,

I will have to say that I have noticed something different. I do not have a LOG OUT button to log out with.

Anyone else have this?

Brian