PDA

View Full Version : Faux Chainsaw blade

Gore Galore
04-01-2013, 12:57 PM
This has been a while in the making, but I have been approached what has to be atleast 50 times to make a slip on faux chainsaw blade.
So, here it is.
All you have to do is remove your chain, tighten the bar back up, spray the blade with a little spray adhesive, and slide the cover on. The spray adhesive just keeps the blade from sliding off. This fits 18" and 20" chainsaw bars. The main purpose is to make chainsaws safer to use around patrons. NO hard metal blade to come into contact with. just heavy duty foam to rub legs or arms with. NOT intended for indoor use.

It has been uploaded to the website and is ready to order.
www.gore-galore.com/wmd.php

drfrightner
04-01-2013, 04:17 PM
That is AWESOME! Larry

Gore Galore
04-02-2013, 07:17 AM
Thanks Larry,
We appreciate it!

drfrightner
04-02-2013, 01:12 PM
How much are they? Larry

Gore Galore
04-02-2013, 03:09 PM
Hey Larry,

The slip on chainsaw blades run $150 plus $20 shipping.

It adds about 6" to the length, and 2 inches to the width helping to give a chainsaw a more aggressive appearance in addition to being safer to use.

austind
04-02-2013, 03:29 PM
Dam Kevin stop putting cool shit up here, I just added 2 to my TW order. I will just have to stop looking at posts from you I guess. Nice work.

Motograter
04-02-2013, 04:08 PM
Brilliant I love it!!

Gore Galore
04-02-2013, 06:40 PM
Thanks Gents,
I really appreciate the complements, but I cannot take the credit for the idea.
It was originally done by Keith Korner of Scare parts. But since this prop isn't really available from him anymore, I have had TONS of people ask me to do it. So, here it is.

Marr Branch
04-02-2013, 07:46 PM
I am sorry but in the picture it looks too big and cartoonish. If it were a little smaller it might look more realistic.

Gore Galore
04-02-2013, 09:02 PM
It is actually a couple inches shorter than the one pictured. The internal armature when foamed did not go far enough into the foam so we couldn't cut it down enough.
But yeah, it is not quite as long as shown, and also holds its shape better. This one flopped a little.

Gore Galore
04-19-2013, 02:24 PM
Get em while they are hot fiends.
Everyone who has ordered them so far have been very happy with the size, detailing, and quality of the prop.
And yes, they are about 3" shorter than shown. This one was a little too floppy.

Just click the link to order any of our 2013 products. The chainsaw blade is about halfway down the page.
http://www.gore-galore.com/new_products.php

Also here is the link to our 2013 catalog
http://issuu.com/kevinalvey/docs/2013goregalorecat?mode=window

Please feel free to pm, call, or email if you have questions or would like us to work up a custom project for you.