PDA

View Full Version : And speaking of HAuNTcon...

Badger
05-01-2013, 03:14 PM
Anyone familiar with this? Seems to be something new...

http://scarela.com/

Howie Slobber Erlich
05-01-2013, 03:24 PM
I thought Scarela hosted late night b-movies in the Pittsburgh area in the early eighties???

Tater
05-01-2013, 04:56 PM
Weird...I was at Hauntcon and nobody even said anything about this at all. There were NO cards anywhere at the show about this. There were cards about HauntX coming in 2014 to Reno but that was about it

Karen
05-13-2013, 04:43 PM
It appears to be a new LA based haunt show coming to LA this summer. Seems to have some notable people from the Garner Holt and Universal Studios on board... Should be a show to watch.

drfrightner
05-14-2013, 02:25 PM
When you are in LA its easy to get guests or find things to do or places to go! My reactions is simply 'another one' okay! The thing is with LA you have millions of people who live there so I would assume it will be some sort of Halloween show for yard haunters or something.

Larry

SAWDUST JONES
05-14-2013, 03:14 PM
Any problems with the haunt industry certainly isn't due to a lack of trade shows / conventions. It is virtually a cottage industry itself.

austind
05-14-2013, 03:19 PM
I know I looked a flier on one of the back tables and it said it was related with Hauntcon. I will have to look for it in my bag tomorrow. I just thought Hauntcon had branched out to LA. For some reason I remember the wording being brought to you by Hauntcon, and made me stop and think what it was. Karen I though you would have know about it if Hauntcon was involved?

Jolly Pumpkin
05-14-2013, 10:53 PM
Let's see. We have

Hauntcon
Midwest Haunters Convention
Transworld
Halloween Extreme
Great Lakes Frightfest
Indy Haunt Fest
National Haunters Convention
West Coast Haunters Convention
Scare La
Legendary Haunt Tour
Amusement Expo
IAAPA Expo

When are we going to have more conventions?

Mistress DeSade
05-15-2013, 01:11 PM
Let's see. We have

Hauntcon
Midwest Haunters Convention
Transworld
Halloween Extreme
Great Lakes Frightfest
Indy Haunt Fest
National Haunters Convention
West Coast Haunters Convention
Scare La
Legendary Haunt Tour
Amusement Expo
IAHA Expo

When are we going to have more conventions?

Forgot IAAPA :)

Infoamtek
05-15-2013, 02:43 PM
So, who's putting this little shindig together. There appears to be no mention of who the organizers are.

drfrightner
05-16-2013, 11:36 AM
Because I just feel like no one is doing it right, and because apparently I can make billions of dollars, and honestly our industry just doesn't have enough shows... I'm announcing Hauntworld Tradeshow. This will be the best one of the lot and have the best speakers, biggest tradeshow floor, most new products, best tours... LOL

Larry

Allen H
05-16-2013, 12:18 PM
I actually sent an info request as a vendor to ScareLA via their website. That was five days ago and I have not recieved any info yet.
Allen H

Tater
05-16-2013, 12:51 PM
Didnt this use to have the from the Producers of Hauntcon on the website? It seems to be missing now off the website...does anyone know anything about this

drfrightner
05-16-2013, 01:31 PM
BTW... I'm also starting another show called 'TATORTHON-G" ... LOL

austind
05-16-2013, 01:41 PM
I saw Hauntcon on the ad they had on the table at Hauntcon

Tater
05-16-2013, 02:44 PM
Austin

I think that might of been Haunt X in Reno.

Larry

Will the real Tater show up...I cant have any fake ones coming around

Badger
05-16-2013, 08:28 PM
Didnt this use to have the from the Producers of Hauntcon on the website? It seems to be missing now off the website...does anyone know anything about this

I know the answer to this but am not at liberty to tell at the moment. Stay tuned.

Not a big deal, just some things that must be done before any formal announcements are made.

robert
05-17-2013, 12:51 AM
Oh... the suspense.

Jim Warfield
05-17-2013, 02:39 AM
Oh, the suspenders!
Cons versus Ventions Cons with a vengence?

Chilli Schock
05-17-2013, 02:37 PM
I know I looked a flier on one of the back tables and it said it was related with Hauntcon. I will have to look for it in my bag tomorrow. I just thought Hauntcon had branched out to LA. For some reason I remember the wording being brought to you by Hauntcon, and made me stop and think what it was. Karen I though you would have know about it if Hauntcon was involved?

Leonard and I talked a great deal some few years after I started these cons in the 90s while in Vegas attending an intensely disappointing TW about making them commercialized (I think they call that monetizing now so it can pay its own way) and those also began with DeathFest in 2004 at the Santa Maria Inn followed up by Hauntcon later the same year. He and I have supported each other's cons over the years and stayed in contact about their evolution since. If it had something to do with HC, I have no idea why he didn't mention it a few weeks ago while I was in Dallas. I know it has nothing to do with the first (actual first, regardless of the claim that this one is) Halloween community trade show in LA, Haunt X in 2006) as Garrett Call who is heading it up now is setting it up in Reno for its renewed debut in 2013. I would love to know where they are getting 3k guests and speakers such as Nick and Jordu when it took us almost 10 years to reach those levels. It will be interesting to see where it goes from here.

Chilli (Death Lord) Schock

robert
05-19-2013, 05:52 PM
There has got to be somebody who knows who is producing this show.

David Markland
06-15-2013, 05:25 PM
There has got to be somebody who knows who is producing this show.

That's me!

Leonard will be teaching a number of classes and overseeing our haunter education. Class and workshops listing will be going online in the next few days.

Badger
06-21-2013, 07:27 AM
Found a good interview...

http://www.sinfulcelluloid.com/2013/06/scarela-sinful-interview-with-mad.html#.UcRGOZwYlZL

Mistress DeSade
06-23-2013, 02:12 PM
Quite a few people knew...were just asked not to say anything until "the announcement" was made. There should be some eyebrows raised when detailed...