PDA

View Full Version : Blackout cloth

terrormasue
07-23-2013, 10:14 AM
I am looking for a company that sells blackout cloth. I need at least 48 inches wide. I know I have seen it before, I have googled it and come up with nothing. Anyone out there have any infor on this?

Thanks!
Sue

Fright Theatre
07-23-2013, 05:23 PM
Try rosebrand.com Sue. They're a bit pricey but "if they don't have it, nobody has it"......

Steve

zombietoxin
07-23-2013, 05:36 PM
Cheapest I've ever seen-

http://www.onlineeei.com/fabrics.cfm#decorating-fabrics-duvetyne-decorating-fabric

Commonly called Duvetyne or commando cloth. Fire retardant.

Allen H
07-23-2013, 09:31 PM
He beat me to it, I have to agree with Zombie toxin.

terrormasue
07-24-2013, 07:34 AM
THANKS GUYS!!!! I really appreciate the info. I'm getting on that today!

Sue

mikeq91
07-25-2013, 07:33 AM
I assume Duvetyne doesn't hold up outdoors? The description of it said that washing it will remove the fire retardant.

zombietoxin
07-25-2013, 08:09 AM
As far as I know retardant is applied to whatever material, so yes it would probably wash out in the rain if thats what you mean.

It is pretty durable material though- sort of like a soft, very light weight canvas feel imo. Definitely heavier than most other run of the mill fabrics.

Considering that- I'd pull it in off season and re-treat it with a pump sprayer next season if you were concerned.

There is always fire retardant vinyl. The retardant might be impregnated- don't really know.

BigT
07-31-2013, 06:45 PM
Duvetyn definitely will not do well outdoors. It is a heavy material, but it is still cloth. I have seen a lot of tours throw their Duvetyne away after one good rain soaked it (of course I picked it up and used it as long as I could but it didnt last long).