PDA

View Full Version : Reservations Tickets - More Revenue than VIP Tickets

twohlgemuth
06-10-2007, 01:25 PM
I seen the need to change the way we do business when our wait in line went over 4 hours in 2004.

The issue is to retrain your customers to this new ticketing system. The process I choose to use was to slowly introduce this reservation system. Here are the basic concepts that have worked for Spookywoods.

Reservation tickets cost $5.00 more over Walk Up Tickets. Here's how you can make a nice chunk of extra revenue without spending very much to implement.
First you have to advertise that Reservation Tickets are Highly Recommended. Onsite site sales have the longest wait. Place this on everything form of advertising you do.

Our throughput is 600 per hour. We offer online and by phone our Reservation Tickets for $23.00 plus the $2.00 service fee for a total of $25.00 per ticket. This ticket has a tremendous value since you don't have to wait in line to purchase the ticket and you choose the one hour time slot you want to wait.

Online tickets are printed from their computer and scanned at the event line bypassing the ticket booth. Phone tickets are picked up at the ticket booth at two will call windows with separate lines. It is very important that you make it a quick process to pickup the will call tickets. We use a mail box system by last name to make it fast to find the tickets.

I have 4 phone operators answering calls, this gives us a great opportunity to up sale our other day time attractions. We will stop sales for the night at 6:00PM for our online and phone sales. That gives us 1 1/2 hours to run the reports of how many online and phone tickets are purchased for the night. Whatever is left will be allowed for sale for walk up customers.

We have a queue line for Reservations, General Admission and VIP.
We do not let anyone in the Reservation Line unless their ticket time is up. Example 8PM to 9PM ticket.

I started this in 2005 with a limit of 300 Reservation tickets available per hour. As the concept started to get popular we now will open up more tickets to be sold online and by phone this year.

To go to a complete 100% Reservation System can be done, however we have found this method to work well so far.

My theory has been the only way you are going to move the masses off the last 2 weeks of October is to implement a Reservation system. We also have a Thrifty Thursday price of $17.00 to help move people off Friday and Saturday nights.

We were one of the first to implement a VIP ticket and it worked quite well, but this works much better and we make more revenue with this concept.

For our groups we allow them in for $16.00 for 20 or more and they also get the Reservation line. This makes for a great experience since most of our groups have a time line to meet.

If you have any question I will be glad to help anyone with this idea, just ask.

MidnightEvil
06-10-2007, 10:34 PM
Good INFO

Thanks Tony