PDA

View Full Version : Haunt Video Security Systems

twohlgemuth
06-14-2007, 09:51 PM
I like to share with my fellow haunters tips and tricks I have learned over the years. Since it is that time of year when we are all rebuilding our shows this topic is something I have been dealing with lately.

For the past 5 years I have had infra red cameras recording Spookywoods to VHS tapes nightly. As the technology has progressed into DVDR and the prices have come down it is a good time upgrade to DVDR. These type of infra red cameras can record in total darkness making them perfect for our industry. I mentioned this to the NightMare on 13th owners from Utha at Transworld a few years ago and now they have like 50 cameras recording their show and I hear NetherWorld is installing them also.

We have a video booth located in the middle of the haunt that has cameras from all over the haunt being recorded to a hard drive. We use this technology not only to record guest that may cause problems, but also to watch for bottle necks in the show. My insurance rep loves this to help fight against insurance claims as well. Another cool feature is you can network these recorders and sit in your office and watch them over the network on your PC or anywhere in the world via the internet. Posting signs that your guest will be video taped is also a good way to keep the honest man honest while going through your show. We also have a system in and around our ticket booth, got to keep an eye on the boo bucks!

Another angle to use this video booth is to show TV reporters that come to your haunt for a story. Seeing people getting scared is good entertainment and something to help get you in the news.

I have been buying from Super Circuits and have had no problems with their products and they have great customer service. You can find them on the web at www.supercircuits.com (http://www.supercircuits.com) . I don't like to plug any one company, but this is one of the best.

You can get a outdoor 16 camera complete DVDR system for the cost of a typical animated prop.

campdoc
06-15-2007, 06:04 AM
If you guys, ever hold a weekend ($) Boot Camp!
Sign me up!.....

Tattoo
06-15-2007, 08:19 AM
Tony,

We use a DVR system at Terror on the Fox as well and I have to agree it has become a very valuable tool. We decided to invest in a security system after a tour of Nightmare on 13th. The night before the Frozen Tundra Tour, we caught members of a local Haunted House stealing our skull and cross bones flag from our middle tower on the facade. We showed Ben and Billy from NetherWorld how our system works and how you can actually access the video from your home computer or laptop.
We also taped several Haunt Owners becoming the victims of our break away doors!

Take care,

Tattoo

Frighteners Entertainment
06-15-2007, 01:11 PM
I've been installing commercial surveillance equipment for 5 years. It's been pretty amazing in the advancements of the technology.

If anyone wants to add on or is looking for a system, drop me PM, email or phone call.
I'm sure I can get you into some good equipment at wholesale pricing.