PDA

View Full Version : Animatronics Vs. Actors Article in TAP's Magazine

Raycliff Manor
06-23-2007, 02:35 PM
Dan Faupel, Vice President of Creative Visions and Haunt Visions, www.CreativeVisionsOnline.com and www.HauntVisions.com , wrote an outstanding article on Animatronics Vs. Actors! I finally just had the time to read the article. Outstanding job Dan!

Kel

drfrightner
06-23-2007, 03:21 PM
Kelly,

Dan actually wrote that article a long time and was printed in Hauntworld Magazine. I wonder if for TAP he updated it or something...yes it was a great article. Its an age old question that for sure...what is better actors or animations or a combination of both.

I'd like to find out if that article was updated for TAP...if so I'll have to give it a read through!

Larry

drfrightner
06-23-2007, 03:22 PM
BTW, Kelly... you know how you wanted CGI a while back, we're going to be doing one almost EXACTLY like your avatar. When we get it done I'll let you know... it will be for a major project at an amusement park.

Larry

Raycliff Manor
06-23-2007, 07:13 PM
Cool! Thanks Larry! I'll be looking forward to seeing it!

Kel

Village Haunter
06-23-2007, 11:28 PM
So...where can I find a copy of this article?

By the way, I looked over the Creative Visions and Haunt Visions sites:

Very impressive stuff!

Raycliff Manor
06-25-2007, 07:59 AM
Village Haunter,

The article written by Dan was included in the latest edition of Tourist Attraction and Parks Magazine (TAP's). The articles are eventually added to the Member's section of the International Association of Haunted Attraction (IAHA) website. If you are an IAHA Member, you are automatically subscribed to the magazine, it's included in the membership, and the magazine is mailed to you. If you aren't familiar with IAHA, you can check it out at www.iahaweb.com. Hope that helps!

Kel

Dan Faupel
06-27-2007, 01:37 PM
Thanks for the kudos Kelly!

Monster-Tronics
06-30-2007, 06:17 AM
Boy, just think if some evil genius combined the spontaneity of a live actor with the unusual unique creature movements of an animatronic, you would have a one-two punch that would freak people out!

Yes... my arm is almost broke off from patting myself on my own back! lol

Nice job on the article Dan!!! How’s the huge squid/octopus thing coming along? Do you have any finished pictures of it yet?

Regards,
Jeff Londos
Monster-Tronics
Innovators in Haunt Technologies
www.Monster-Tronics.com

Gore Galore
11-16-2007, 08:05 AM
Hmmmm,

I wonder if really big costumes factor into this equation.
Yes, of course.
Eye candy of an animation with the best an actor can offer, TIMING.

Great Article Dan
As always!

Barry
11-16-2007, 08:14 AM
hmmmm, I wonder where one would acquire such a costume??? LOL

Frighteners Entertainment
11-16-2007, 08:24 AM
Indeed Barry, indeed? LMAO

Gore Galore
11-16-2007, 08:25 AM
I have no clue.
Maybe some dumb haunt company called Gore Galore.
Man those guys suck.

This whole thread makes me think of what I like to do at Tradeshows. Most people not familiar with us are walking by the booth. I will usually just stand right at the edge of the booth perfectly still. Then I make a jerky movement like an animation which usually gets them, but then when I move quickly out into their space they usually look dumbstruck. The best people to play this game with is the convention staff. People uninvolved in the industry. Then I just chase them off the show floor. And they just love it.
You can't have anymore fun than that

gadget-evilusions
11-16-2007, 08:48 AM
I agree, both gore galore costumes and monstertronics costumes combine the best of both worlds, actors and animatronics. I want a freakenstein, but, alas, it would be pointless with out a haunted attraction to work at anymore....

Monster-Tronics
11-16-2007, 11:13 AM
Thanks Brian. Hey what happened to the haunt you were working at?

I try to help out locally haunts but this season we were very busy and only got to go play once. The best line I heard this year after I scared a group in a wait line as Jeepers Creeper was from a guy in his early twenty’s that said as I walked away “That’s just great, I crapped my pants before we even got into the haunted house!”

I love this business!!!

TheNightMare
11-17-2007, 02:47 AM
Village Haunter,

The article written by Dan was included in the latest edition of Tourist Attraction and Parks Magazine (TAP's).

LOL ... Glad you explained what the book was, b/c from the title of this thread I thought it was the TAPS magazine from GhostHunters. lol

Wonder if I can subscribe to this publication?

Gore Galore
11-17-2007, 08:35 AM
It comes with an IAHA membership or an IAAPA membership.
It has more of an amusements, which is a good thing.