PDA

View Full Version : VIP Lounge???

Raycliff Manor
06-24-2007, 04:53 PM
We're thinking about adding a VIP Lounge. We have a room above the concessions area that has a small door that opens and looks out onto the cue line area of the lobby. We also have a small unused apartment in the back of the haunt. The apartment is accessible off of the stage / actor break area. We could potentially use either of these rooms.

Can those of you who have VIP Lounges provide your feedback and suggestions on this? If anyone else has been to a haunt VIP Lounge or you just have ideas and suggestions, I'd love to hear this as well! Thanks in advance for your help! :wink:

Kel

Jolly Pumpkin
06-24-2007, 05:52 PM
Yeah, I've been to many VIP Lounges and the majority are very similar. They always provide free drinks, food (usually pizza). They offer free access to the haunt as many times as the person wants to go through. You usually have behind the scenes access, are able to take pictures and video and some have monitors where you can view people while they are getting scared inside the haunt and some let you scare them. So basically just decorate the lounge in a way that screams out Halloween and provide free food and drinks. That usually works just fine. It's more of a social thing than anything. I review haunts all over Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana and this really puts me in a good mood before I go through a haunt. Having a VIP lounge is a great way to have a scheduled reviewers night where you can cater to haunt reviewers who are going to critique your haunt. Make sure it's scheduled in a way that you aren't very busy and can talk to the VIP. But you can still use the room on busy nights also.

Greg Chrise
06-24-2007, 08:00 PM
Maybe you have big screen TV's that can be watched. Here's a few shots of the crowd to size them up. The VIPs have already taken a tour. Then some places in the haunt watching scare areas so the VIPs can see if their speculations added up.

Then the other room has a set of monitors watching the VIPs watching the customer and actors and getting their comments?

Just a few signs about camera survelance.

Then another set of cameras watching the guy watching the VIPS watching the customers. And you can watch all of this on your cell phone? Meanwhile you are posing as a well connected German Diplomat among the VIP crowd with a mustache and suit. Anything for Pizza.

On a second live feed on your cell phone you are watching stock tickers internationally to do with funds that handle big screen TVs and camera equipment and Pizza.

Nightgore
06-24-2007, 10:40 PM
You can always rent it out too during the haunt season... maybe one person or a group of people could rent it for the night until the haunt closes! That's sound fun! -Tyler

Jim Warfield
06-24-2007, 11:17 PM
"Vendetta Inspired Patron"?
"Yoo guyz scared my little woman, and now somebody is going to pay! I'm gunna bust up this place , take home a few souvenner props and dummies."

dusty588
06-24-2007, 11:28 PM
I can't remember the name of the haunt, but they had a VIP room. The people that could access it were people that bought VIP tickets/front of the line access tickets. I e-mailed the guy and asked him how it worked out, and he said that about 30% of the tickets sold were VIP ones. He had pop, chips, pizza, halloween candy, and other finger food. If I ever have a haunted attraction, I will be sure to put one in.
________
Honda S90 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_S90)

drfrightner
06-25-2007, 12:08 AM
Dave Bertolino of Spookyworld did this as a perk to his sponsor and it worked out great for him!!! He gave them hot dogs, soda and ice cream and used that to sell more sponsorships.

Larry

Raycliff Manor
06-25-2007, 08:47 AM
Thanks for all the great feedback! Anyone else have any insights, suggestions or experiences with VIP Lounges to share? I really appreciate it!

Kel

Jonathan
06-25-2007, 10:55 AM
Yeah Kel,

VIP does sell good. I always go to the VIP and also ask Tattoo, the TOTF VIP area is sweet, good music, hot drinks, food, bonfire etc.

SomeThingInTheIce
06-25-2007, 07:03 PM
Kel, what about renting it out for Halloween partys, people could have their Halloween party with a haunt thrown in.

Tattoo
06-25-2007, 07:23 PM
Hi Kel,

Although we do not have an indoor lounge at Terror on the Fox, we do have a VIP Camp set up. Our VIP's have their own seating area on our train, they also have their own lines to and from the train and to and from both Haunts. VIP lines also have covered waiting areas to protect from weather. At "Camp Ash" our VIP's are taken care of the second they step into camp to the moment they enter the first event. We have a fire pit with seating, hot chocolate, coffee, and water for all the VIP's. We also give everyone gift bags that include small keychains, skulls, pens and coupons to local businesses. (Another added value for Sponsors) We also have private VIP only bathrooms on site. Our VIP's can decide how long they want to spend in camp (average of about 20 minutes) and also have the opportunity to learn more about the Attractions.

Our goal was to not just put our VIP's into a "fast pass" line, we want them to feel taken care of and feel as though the extra money is more than justified.

Last year our general admission was $12 for Terror on the Fox and $25 for a VIP pass.

Hope this helps.

Take care,

Tattoo

Raycliff Manor
06-26-2007, 08:44 AM
Tattoo said: "Our goal was to not just put our VIP's into a "fast pass" line, we want them to feel taken care of and feel as though the extra money is more than justified."

You hit the nail on the head Tattoo. That's exactly what we're striving for! Thanks for the great feedback everyone!

Kel