PDA

View Full Version : I know what you are thinking!!!

Mr. Haunt
06-25-2007, 11:56 PM
After reading this, you will think I am crazy, but I think we are all just a little strange.

As you may know from reading my previous posts that I have been brewing up a big storm, brainstorming that is. I have been slowly adding more people to my list of those who are interested in the haunt industry. One person in particular, we have been talking about different things covering start up costs, marketing, research, and ext..

After speaking the other night he suggested and discussed that we need to be ďinner cityĒ where the market is at itís best. This person has a huge network of friends and knollege of the business world and I hope that this will help me along the way. After discussing locations, I started looking for sale property. After coming up with a few ideas, I decided to take a break and check out some You Tube. And thatís when it hit me.

I watched a video of Knotts attraction, and it gave me the idea, why canít we use a LARGE fair grounds? Well Minnesota has one of the nations top 10 largest State Fairís. And the location and market could not get any better in the whole state. Plus it offers us a chance to possibly grow into a Mega Attraction. WHAT A DREAM!!! But I see it as a good goal.

So I took it upon myself and sent them an email seeking information. This is our first step in creating the next big thing.

Let me know what you all think, and yes I am crazy!

Brian

Nightgore
06-26-2007, 01:50 AM
I can't remember who... but I remember reading about a haunt that started at a fair just to see how people reacted and to help promote the fall event. Later, they were able to move into a warehouse/perm. location.

I hope you run into the same luck! -Tyler

Jim Warfield
06-26-2007, 10:13 PM
Save a fortune on masks and costumes by hiring the Carnies that work the fair rides, ex cetra!
My Brain must be storming too!?
Don't stand too close to my ear, a lightning bolt may strike you!
See all that fresh rain just puddling in my pants?
I need financial disaster assitance!
Where can we build a levy to hold this back for next time?

haunter112
07-02-2007, 10:46 AM
It wouldn't work here in SC.

Our various State Fairs take place during the haunting season (Early September to Late October).

Columbia is one of the last stops before the carnys retire to Florida for the winter.

FrightProps
07-03-2007, 07:04 PM
...a Haunt at the MN state fair. They are locked in (have been there for YEARS).
No one can touch that.

Jen Sharlow usually is out front working the crowd (Go Gophers!).

Doug.