PDA

View Full Version : New logo, please check it out!

ClusterOne
07-06-2007, 02:33 AM
Hello all,

I just wanted to show off my new baby to you guys. Please let me know what you think. I want honesty!! ;)

And a plug here for Travis Magee who did this amazing work for me. Let me tell ya, if you need someone who is easy to work with and has some amazing artistic skills, check this guy out! He listened to every suggestion and answered all my questions with a professionalism that I am finding rare these days.

Not sure if he has a web site up yet, but you can find him here at Hauntworld and on MySpace at www.myspace.com/travis_magee

-Joel-

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o176/heartstoppers/finalproof-v2.jpg

drfrightner
07-06-2007, 05:23 AM
I like it! Looks cool!

Larry

mindtumor
07-06-2007, 10:19 AM
Looks really good!

Jared

gadget-evilusions
07-06-2007, 11:21 AM
I like it!

The Shape
07-06-2007, 05:46 PM
Looks wicked!

SomeThingInTheIce
07-06-2007, 05:55 PM
SWEET, makes you want to check it out.

Empressnightshade
07-06-2007, 09:06 PM
Oh, Joel....
That is wickedly sweet! :D It's kind of like Freddy Krueger meets Ghost Town. Very spooky! CONGRATS!!

Infoamtek
07-06-2007, 09:42 PM
I see only one problem with your logo.

http://www.geocities.com/gravemarker/finalproof-v2gray.jpg

The text disappears when it is a small black and white logo. A common mistake.

ClusterOne
07-07-2007, 01:11 AM
Wow, thanks everyone for the kind words, I love it too!

Infoamtek, thanks for the response, but for the life of me I can't think of anywhere I would use this image as a small black and white...maybe a big one for newspaper adds. Can you help me out here, what situation would call for a small black and white image?

Everyone, please keep any thoughts coming!

Thx
-Joel-

HauntVentFX
07-07-2007, 03:54 PM
Looks good, but the logo has just too many brownish colors. Needs some other colors (like red) to stand out more.

Jolly Pumpkin
07-07-2007, 08:08 PM
I agree with pretty much everyone. I think if you maybe make the fog green and have different colored lights in the houses possibly red I think it could look much better and scary.

virgil
07-07-2007, 08:16 PM
yup... it kicks...

Empressnightshade
07-08-2007, 07:54 PM
Looks good, but the logo has just too many brownish colors. Needs some other colors (like red) to stand out more.
But, the browns represent the dry earth, the dust and filth. In other words....a ghost town which is what Heartstoppers is all about.

travis.magee
07-09-2007, 08:01 AM
hello everyone...

Yea, we went with the earthtones and rustic look to flow with the 'ghost town' theme. I originally had purple skies and red text and an overall different tone to it, but it started to look a bit more "commercially". Joel suggested the earthtones and I think it flows much better now with the theme.

Also.. The logo was not designed to be a tiny black and white avatar or something else like that. A simple one color logo is ideal for that type of use. Since this is going to be blown up very large for different uses, I wanted to keep as much detail in it as possible. A client can request a simple version of the logo (solid text in black or white) for letterheads or anything smaller if they like at anytime so thats not an issue.

overall..glad you guys like it.

SpFXChic
07-09-2007, 11:02 AM
I like the earthtones. Red does attract the eye...however, this catches the eye, too - simply because it relates to their theme. Reminds me of an old sepia-toned photo.

Great work, Travis!